• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Vita Sale - 32GB Memory Card $40

BadRNG

Anyone know how long this deal is going on for? Tempted to get it now but I'd rather order from Amazon, so hoping they price match.

Can I move my data from one card to the other easily? Or do I NEED PS+ to do it?
You'd have to move it to computer then move it to new card via Sony's content manager.

dreamfall

Nope. Each memory card has its own set of icons. You need to turn off your Vita to switch cards linked to the same account.

Backup to your PC, then copy them onto your new card.

Ah, gracias.

Now if only I didn't have to pay for shipping!

Thanks OP

Bought the 32GB.

BTW, if Amazon does price match, how do I cancel the game stop order? It says my card won't be charged until the item ships, and I prefer Amazon over Gamestop anyway.

The shipping and service has always been miles better.

Anyone know?

Lemstar

BTW, if Amazon does price match, how do I cancel the game stop order? It says my card won't be charged until the item ships, and I prefer Amazon over Gamestop anyway.

The shipping and service has always been miles better.

Anyone know?
You -should- be able to cancel through your order history, but if they processed your order quickly enough that it's preparing for shipping, then you're probably hosed. You can return it in-store, though.

So, should I wait!

I want to snag this, just don't want to pay for shipping and for it arrive many days later :/

Shipping is free (you'll pay sales tax, though), and the items I ordered from Gamestop on Black Friday with free shipping are estimated to arrive this Thursday.

I'd jump on it. Wouldn't expect stock to last very long, and there's no guarantee Amazon is going to match this.

Lemstar

Shipping should have been free. If it's not working, try promo code SAVER.

According to the OP TWD was a price drop so that's probably just the new retail price or something.
No, sorry - I worded it poorly; those are new sales for GS's Cyber Monday promotion.

killatopak

Gold Member
I bought the memory card but I don't have a Vita yet XD

I really want a WiFi only model, but all the sale ones are 3G as well, why is that? Is AT&T subsidizing them a little?

Also, does the U.S. Vita support the Japanese Import 64GB? If so, I'll sell this and buy that instead.

The Vita supports anything. So go ahead and buy that 64 GB mmc.

BigDug13

Thank god I never opened my 8GB card I got from GameStop and I have the receipt. Time to upgrade to a 32GB.

Why does it keep showing me an empty cart after I add the memory? It's not letting me buy it.

Hmm, didn't believe. Oh well, it looks like I could have gotten the Vita for less this black friday season. Not too disappointed, just surprised there were better deals than I came up with. I hope this makes more people jump on.

BTW, I haven't bothered to check my storage capacity, do people really have problems with 32GB, it seems like it'll be fine for me.

I'm down to 2.4gb left on mine. Playstation Plus fills it up fast. Will probably delete some PS Plus games to make room (notably Uncharted: Golden Abyss).

Ludovico

Bought the retail copy of P4G specifically because I knew I wouldn't be shelling out for a bigger card anytime soon.

Really hope someone matches this deal around Christmas, I can't even swing $20 right now for the 16gb

Didn't even last an hour.

I hope someone matches this soon. I really need a bigger card, but the regular prices are ridiculous.

Dio

Banned
Ahahahah I'm so glad mine went through before it sold out. Christ, everyone jumped on this instantly.

I'm thinking about that 32 gig. I have three 8gb cards (picked up for 8 bucks a piece at a pawnshop #stealthbrag) but it'd be nice to have a card big enough to hold all my games so I can use the rest for media

BigDug13

32 was sold out but the 16 is still available for $20. It's less convenient than 32GB for sure, but $20 is as cheap as I've ever seen them.

BONDO

Well i was planning to pay the $39
Instead i went with Killzone Merc and a 16gb for $39. works for me

I delete my games and reinstall if i ever need.....hell, ill just transfer to pc

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Missed the 32GB, bought 2 16GB instead.

I'll see if I can sell one of the 16GB cards for $40-$45, essentially making this a free memory card upgrade.

Top Bottom