• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Vita Sale - 32GB Memory Card $40

bumpkin

TWD for Vita is very tempting, but I already have them on 360; still haven't finished them all, in fact. I've really got to get around to it. Maybe they'll help fill the void while I wait for the TV show to resume in Feb.

linkboy

God, I love Amazon.

Just got 2 16GB cards for $15 (had $30 store credit for signing up for an Amazon card).

Combined with the 2 8GB cards I already have, I'm good for a while.

Elvick

Banned
That should be the regular price. Get it together Sony. D:<

So tired of my 4GB. xP And any less than 32 feels like a waste of money. Even 32 feels wasteful with the 64GB in Japan.

Addy

Neo Member
1:10 PM PST item came up and I got an order in, but was charged shipping...think the original deal was free shipping. $3.50 for basic shipping, not bad still....

Evo X

Heads up. The 32GB is back in stock for anyone who wants it. Just ordered mine!

Use promo code "SAVER" to get free shipping.

14HoMyH.png

n64coder

I got one! Didn't need to use SAVER for free shipping though. Just gave me the option at checkout.

Same here. I used the guest checkout option.

For those who already ordered the 16GB for $19 deal from Amazon and were not able to cancel the order, Amazon says that you can refuse the shipment. Worse case, you can also do a return.

demolitio

I'm thinking of getting The Walking Dead on Vita since I never finished it on PC with the stupid save bug and playing on the go would be awesome considering there should be no drawbacks on the Vita version. I'm surprised it hasn't been free on PS+ considering season 2 is coming soon.

kierwynn

I just ordered a 16 gb this morning, but I had my sister grab me one of these anyway (Gamestop never seems to want to take my cards lol). I'll probably just give the 16 gb to someone else for Christmas.

chur

Thanks for the heads up! I was really worried that I was going to have to delete Rayman Legends to make room for Tearaway.

Jiraiza

Oddly enough for those who didn't get free shipping the first time, you can order it a second time and it'll show as free shipping. So cancel the first one.

Also surprised at the deal not going out of sale so quickly. Best time to jump into the world of Life too.

"There was an error processing your order. We apologize for the inconvenience; please check back later."

I keep getting that for the past 10 minutes after selecting the shipping... I was in earlier but it said my credit card address does not match even though I ordered with the same exact saved information before...

Ugh, just got in on this and I still feel ripped off.

I totally agree. Compared to microSD, where you can get a deal on 64GB for $20, this is essentially 4 times more expensive, despite being a half off sale.

But, considering I've already got a PS+ subscription with lots of free games available, I can't feel too bad about it.

Lemstar

Says it's in stock though, think Best Buy would match it if I went by the store? Sometimes they match online deals.
Technically, they'd have grounds to deny it, since GameStop.com isn't one of the sites they formally match, and the price wouldn't be available locally. You might get lucky, though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just for future reference, it's kind of a pain to switch memory cards right? And even more of a pain to have multiples? I have a launch 8GB that actively discourages me from making use of PSN.

Gabe3208

Banned
Just for future reference, it's kind of a pain to switch memory cards right? And even more of a pain to have multiples? I have a launch 8GB that actively discourages me from making use of PSN.

I feel the same way. While I would love to fill my Vita with games (if the library gets better eventually, lol) not considering that, I refuse to do so because of this damn memory card issue. They constantly lose money to Nintendo (from me at least) because I purchased a 32GB SD card on Amazon for $15 for my 3DS and I can fit ALL of my games on there. Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, New Super Mario Bros., TLoZ: ALBW, and a TON of VC and Indie games too. Sony needs to get their shit together and figure something out, that recent price cut just ain't cutting it.

Pengew

You have to power off if you want to swap cards. It's a little annoying. It is more of a pain if you want to swap PSN accounts. I did it once and remember there being a bit of formatting and deactivating. So, I just stuck with one account.

Lemstar

I feel the same way. While I would love to fill my Vita with games (if the library gets better eventually, lol) not considering that, I refuse to do so because of this damn memory card issue. They constantly lose money to Nintendo (from me at least) because I purchased a 32GB SD card on Amazon for $15 for my 3DS and I can fit ALL of my games on there. Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, New Super Mario Bros., TLoZ: ALBW, and a TON of VC and Indie games too. Sony needs to get their shit together and figure something out, that recent price cut just ain't cutting it.
Not to say that Vita cards aren't expensive or anything, but I think you're overlooking how small 3DS games are. All four of those games you mentioned by name combine to be less than 3GB in size; if you could fit that many retail games in a Vita 4GB memory card, I imagine there'd be a lot less complaining.

An 8GB is sufficient even with PS+ and PSN purchases, by the way. It takes some shuffling around to make room for new games, but I have more than enough to play right now - Soul Sacrifice, PSASBR, P3P, Hotline Miami, P2:EP, Velocity Ultra, and a couple of gigs left over.

Gabe3208

Banned
Not to say that Vita cards aren't expensive or anything, but I think you're overlooking how small 3DS games are. All four of those games you mentioned by name combine to be less than 3GB in size; if you could fit that many retail games in a Vita 4GB memory card, I imagine there'd be a lot less complaining.

An 8GB is sufficient even with PS+ and PSN purchases, by the way. It takes some shuffling around to make room for new games, but I have more than enough to play right now - Soul Sacrifice, PSASBR, P3P, Hotline Miami, P2:EP, Velocity Ultra, and a couple of gigs left over.

I guess I should have mentioned all the other games I have on it including Revelations which is over 3GB, SMTIV and DKCR 3D both around 2GB. But yea, I see what your saying. But I think their a bunch of idiots for sticking to a shitty ass proprietary card. I've heard people say this was because of the piracy disaster that the PSP suffered, but I call bullshit because up until today, the 3DS has been great at preventing piracy (not including the DS games flash carts or the one that holds just 1 3DS game at a time). It's clearly them trying to get an extra buck.

Top Bottom