• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop's giving away $5 XBL Codes

shandy706

tempted to try this out even more but damn im scared

Heck, we're getting some of our codes from friends, even here. It would be a royal screw up PR wise if they went after people who shared codes with their friends when they couldn't use them.

What is my wife suppose to do with her code? We play under the same gold family account on X1.

They won't ban you. T-Mobile had a promotion a couple years back where they gave out 400 MSP to each phone number if you texted a certain number. No one got banned.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Got 10 bucks.

1 for me, 1 for my wife.

We use the system together so I don't feel too bad about that one.

Super Time Force get!

People went nuts with the T-mobile thing the last time and no one ever got banned. Still regret not getting more out of that lol.

stufte

I dunno man, I'd be scared of getting banned. That's why I only claimed one code instead of getting greedy.

My haul from a couple of years ago:

points.jpg

H3xum

I need to get out of here because I'm getting tempted to dip for more and I'm too much of a scaredy cat.

Deuces, good luck fellas.

Ape

Banned
Do you honestly think MS wants to start banning people from XBL at this point? For someone else's promotion? If MS cared, they would have limited the number of codes that could be used per gamertag.

Oman, that would be something.

My haul from a couple of years ago:

points.jpg

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I don't want to risk it or take advantage of the system. That's fine if other people want to create a bunch of fake accounts and try to exploit a promotion, I'm content with one and will probably just end up giving it away lol.

stufte

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I don't want to risk it or take advantage of the system. That's fine if other people want to create a bunch of fake accounts and try to exploit a promotion, I'm content with one and will probably just end up giving it away lol.

yah fair enough. I used 2 family member facebook accts and the gmail period trick and got 3 codes. That's as far as I'll go.

The image was from a promotion that just required an email address. It was raining MS Points that day, let me tell you.

jaxpunk

Do you honestly think MS wants to start banning people from XBL at this point? For someone else's promotion? If MS cared, they would have limited the number of codes that could be used per gamertag.

Not saying they will, not saying they won't. I do remember all the salty tears over people getting games from different regions. Do I want to gamble my live account over a few shitty $5 coupons. Nope.

Stopping at 60 for now since I am at work after all...

If this shit continues after work, then you know a ninja gonna get more cash

ryan299

dumb question but how are you guys getting the website to reload for you? I'm automatically being sent to the code I already got.

Nori Chan

That's weird, I haven't gotten a phone verification prompt yet. And I've been using my spare emails and my friends too to sign up on Facebook. Just confirm the emails is all

I've run out of Facebook accounts so I'm gonna call it quits. I got $20. If I get banned, well that's a lot of money I'll be getting from selling all of my M$ products.

dumb question but how are you guys getting the website to reload for you? I'm automatically being sent to the code I already got.

I log out of Facebook, close the page, and clear my cache. EDIT: Nabs got it down.

Claimed 1 (ONE) $5 code. Combined with $10 from my Bing Rewards, got Super Time Force.

Now I have 2 games on XONE. I'd say it was a good show.

Top Bottom