• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop's giving away $5 XBL Codes

Note for Canadians changing their region to get the points:

The $5.00 added is into a separate 'US' wallet, which you cannot use unless you have a US address. Trying to buy anything with my region set to US will make me input a new address in order for me to use the points, with Canada(obviously) not an option.

If you change your region back to Canada, your Canadian wallet with all previously earned points will still be there waiting, just without the $5.00 added.

Worked for me without problem. I'm in Toronto.

Do you just keep creating new Facebook accounts? :)

I didn't even enter a facebook account.

I hate to even ask, but this didn't work for me. I'm typing in the code flawlessly, but it just keeps coming up, saying it doesn't work. Could someone be so kind as to send me a code out of the goodness of their own heart? I kinda got screwed. :/

Sorry for sounding like a beggar. I understand if no one does. Thanks anyway.

Fortunately Slickdeals hasn't caught on yet. Someone created a thread about it, but nobody liked the fact that it required Facebook account permissions.

Kelsey

Banned
I stopped at 75 dollars. But all those accounts were created long ago for bing rewards. Now they've pretty much stopped all Bing Rewards abuse to by requiring cellphone verification for all rewards.

Bsigg12

So between friends and family I'm up to $40. I also have $115 in Microsoft giftcards so I should be good for a little while.

jakeumms

Thanks for the heads up about this deal. I was able to get the voucher even though my XBL email and my Facebook email are not the same.

def sim

I'm happy enough with $30 from friends and family accounts. Thanks for sharing, Silky!

I haven't seen a promotion like this since the Dance Central thing a few years back.

stufte

tempted to try this out even more but damn im scared

As with most of these promotions that have had some ability to exploit, it's not being run by MS so why would they ban you?

Mine from a few years ago:
points.jpg

dankir

So how are Canadians cashing in the money in their American Wallets. Are you using a relatives US address or something?

I got 5 bucks sitting in any account I don't know how to access.

Top Bottom