• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers 2009 GOTY awards.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
bdizzle said:
How is the core gameplay much better?it's pretty much a standard 3ps shooter with some of cod4 features tacked on. Map designs are better because u2 is a platforming game. You don't platform in cod, it's not part of the gameplay. Without the platforming the map design of u2 would be extremely uninspiring.   

Its funny you say the only thing cod does is the exp system when that one feature is what made cod4 the de facto console MP experience. Lol that's like saying the only thing makes U2 better than game x is the storyline and set pieces. 

All of that got pretty old to you. But to the vasttttt majority of players they still love cod's system. Its still the most entertaining MP experience on the consoles and you can see it's influence in U2. The same system you say you dislike is the same system u2 tried to emulate with leveling up, addons and unlockables. 

did you read this before posting it?....

Keikoku

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Lol opinions indeed. Guess I'm not allowed to have mine. And I am SHOCKED you thought there were two games on the list better than Uncharted 2 - PS3 Exclusive. But hey, that's your opinion. None of those games were even close to U2 imo, stop your usual course.

Oh well, PS3 won best software of the year, and Uncharted 2 won numerous awards (GOTY as well) elsewhere. There may have been a couple bad days for Jyettis, but it's been a bad year for Keikoku.

The games on the list that I think were better than UC2 were Infamous and Batman AA :lol
And I am dreaming or you're giving me fanboyism lessons ? Awesome :lol

It's like you need to post "nothing come close [insert PS3 exclusive]" in every post you write on this board. Kind of amusing.

KGKK

Banned
Okay I understand MoW2 winning the overall GOTY09 but winning best PS3 game for 09? BS!
Btw does anybody know what the song is called when they show the AC2 nomination in the "best PS3 GOTY" award? I take it its from the soundtrack however I went through the amazon preview of the soundtrack and none of the songs sounded like that one from the nomination.

It seems like there is an incredibly vocal group of Uncharted fans that actually pay attention to these absolutely meaningless awards. I remember the collective orgasm they had when it won GOTY at the Spike VGA's.

If people actually pay attention to these awards, it really reflects poorly on what the general gaming community has become. This much angst is really hilarious when viewed from the outside.

FWIW, I love Modern Warfare 2 and I don't find it that outlandish that some people think its GOTY.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
bdizzle said:
so basically you want cod4 to be a platformer like u2 then...
what the i don't even feel confused hell

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
This is why most GotY awards are stupid - if a game is going to win Game of the Year and if it is multi-platform then of course it's also going to be the best game on that particular system. The next best game should be reevaluated for each system instead of having MW2 as the best game on 360, PS3, PC, and GotY. Coincidentally, this is one of the reasons Fox News had the best GotY awards this year.

I know this has probably already been said, but this happened last year with Game Trailers and it was as equally stupid as what happened this year.

Shrennin

_leech_ said:
What happened last year?

Game Trailers gave the GotY award (a multi-platform title) as the best game of the three systems as well. I forgot about it until this thread, which reminded me why I didn't like the Game Trailer GotY awards (not that I didn't agree with them, just that they were lazily done).

Shrinnan said:
Game Trailers gave the GotY award (a multi-platform title) as the best game of the three systems as well. I forgot about it until this thread, which reminded me why I didn't like the Game Trailer GotY awards (not that I didn't agree with them, just that they were lazily done).

What did they give it to?

Shrennin

Fimbulvetr said:
What did they give it to?

I want to say the original MW, but I believe that was released in 2007 (maybe it was the 2007 GotY's) - I really can't remember though.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Modern Warfare 2 GOTY? Bah.. At least the majority of the sites out there got it right. And the rest of the GT awards were pretty spot on compared to my experiences with the games nominated.

I just went oh crap decision and turned it off as soon as I heard the douchey voice proclaiming Modern Warfare 2. I didn't even listen to the reasoning.

KGKK

Banned
KGKK said:
Btw does anybody know what the song is called when they show the AC2 nomination in the "best PS3 GOTY" award? I take it its from the soundtrack however I went through the amazon preview of the soundtrack and none of the songs sounded like that one from the nomination.

No one can help me with this, I'll give you a cookie.

Bizzyb

Banned
Kintaro said:
"You cannot be a one trick pony. Or depend on the tried and true. You must buck the trend, push the envelope..."

Winner! Modern Warfare 2!

o9ljqe.gif

:lol

My exact reaction

How the fuck can you can one thing and then totally go against it with a straight face (err, voice) three minutes later??

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
bdizzle said:
so basically you want cod4 to be a platformer like u2 then...
.... alright, b4 i go to sleep.

i can only speak for myself and why i dont agree with whatever you said;

i also think UC2 mutliplay is better overall. to me its not a really about the gameplay mechanic cuz i think MW2 has one of or possibly the best feel in FPS, and i think UC2 has the best in 3PS(that i've played). Where one gets better is the design around it and how much it works or failed.

wont go into 2 many details but MW2 mp is just full of stuff that gives obvious and stupid advantage to some, some overpowering kill streak rewards, and map designs that just promote the abuse of camping(camping is a legit tactic like any, but too much of it kills the fun in any game) i can only point to 3 or possibly 4 map i dont frown on when i see em pop up. I love CoD4, and i think its MP is still one of the best in gaming history, but "more" of everything just was'nt the answer for MW2. Co-op is fun, no big complaints there, but i think UC2 beat them in that category too.

UC1/2 are designed with scalling and platforming in mind(SP/MP) so i....dont see what u complaining about. They still could've failed if it was'nt intergraded right in MP. The point is that they DID, scalling can give you an advantage if done right but that part of the gameplay design never feels unfare or useless. Few weapons but each have distinct advantages and are pretty well balanced. The CoD4 inspired power-ups are subtle and effective, im not screaming bullshit at my set every 2 death. And old game modes that feels new and unique the way they designed them around UC2, like plunder, chain reaction...

Plus other stuff like matchmaking, host migration, netcode issues, "cheats", spawning issues....all things that i think UC2 handles better than MW2

so coupled with by alot of opinions, one of the best SP experience ever(best of 09 says GT), the best graphics of this gen of consoles(says GT again), great story(GT), best 3PS ive and GT played......MW2 winning GOTY is pretty weird.

Top Bottom