• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers Hit with Layoffs?

ad_idem

A fond farewell, again, to those that have left Gametrailers. Seems that this list (mentioned in the closing bit of the new and final episode of Thanks for Playing) are those that are confirmed to be leaving:

• Ryan Stevens
  • Jeremy Hoffmann
  • Rob Manuel
  • Justin Speer
  • Rob Slusser
  • Rohan Rivas
  • John Santo
  • Marco Rosado
I don't recall John Santo being mentioned in this thread yet. I saw that Marco was mentioned as staying (in this thread), but guess not :(. It was fitting to have that bit at the end for the final episode of "Thanks for playing" and best wishes to you all.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Thanks for watching the last Thanks For Playing. Glad some so the gallows humor in the credits. Also, th Slime Girls theme song sounds rad slowed down to quarter speed. Also, bonus #justinspeer joined twitter!

Ochi

Neo Member
A fond farewell, again, to those that have left Gametrailers. Seems that this list (mentioned in the closing bit of the new and final episode of Thanks for Playing) are those that are confirmed to be leaving:

• Ryan Stevens
  • Jeremy Hoffmann
  • Rob Manuel
  • Justin Speer
  • Rob Slusser
  • Rohan Rivas
  • John Santo
  • Marco Rosado
I don't recall John Santo being mentioned in this thread yet. I saw that Marco was mentioned as staying (in this thread), but guess not :(. It was fitting to have that bit at the end for the final episode of "Thanks for playing" and best wishes to you all.

Yeah, at the end of mandatory update, they also have a number of people being thanked, (Around 8:00)

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/chglzu/mandatory-update-sony-rides-the-blue-wave

The credits include members not listed in thanks for playing (presumably because they never appeared on screen):

In the credits are

Bruce Edwards

Denise Borders
Mike Budde
Langdon Taguiped

Brad Winters

Bobby Burns
AJ Locasio

ElTopo

Banned
It sucks for the staff but the content has been going downhill for the last few months. Has Kyle signed up with another site? Loved his series.

El-Suave

What's the deal with the Bonus Round? Since Keighley is no longer working under the same umbrella as GT, I thought the show was gone as well; yet there are currently new episodes airing. Were those left in Keigley's old contract and he's just fulfilling that, or is the show here to stay more permanently?

Kasper

What's the deal with the Bonus Round? Since Keighley is no longer working under the same umbrella as GT, I thought the show was gone as well; yet there are currently new episodes airing. Were those left in Keigley's old contract and he's just fulfilling that, or is the show here to stay more permanently?

I saw that Bloodworth at some point mentioned on Twitter that Geoff does whatever Geoff wants to do - and apparently that meant continuing with Bonus Round. However, I can't seem to locate that tweet anymore, so maybe things have changed and this Quake Con batch of episodes will be the last?

No matter what it's a shame that Pach Attack has ended. I liked the interaction Pach had with Kyle. Hopefully the new show will be good.

sora87

Amazed so many people commenting on that Pach tweet saying GT has down the crapper and he was the only reason they were still gonna visit the site. Pach was alright to watch sometimes but there's way more quality on show than that.

Also I thought Pach did his show for free? So why is he trying to find a new site to host a new show?

Kasper

Amazed so many people commenting on that Pach tweet saying GT has down the crapper and he was the only reason they were still gonna visit the site. Pach was alright to watch sometimes but there's way more quality on show than that.

Also I thought Pach did his show for free? So why is he trying to find a new site to host a new show?

Because he's following his producer, who got fired, as opposed to GT the brand with which he doesn't seem to have any ties beyond Kyle Bosman (who worked on Pach Attack).

Top Bottom