• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers's Kyle Bosman will do ONE HOUR stand-up routine in honor of E3 bets

Mariolee

gt_massive_finalbets_results_psx_gameawards.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resident goofball and gaming journalist Kyle Bosman of Final Bosman fame will be having a one hour comedy stand-up routine on Twitch in about a month from now due to losing his E3 bets against local hype connoisseur Michael Huber of Huber Hype.

You may know Kyle Bosman from such classic gifs as the following:
untitled1o2yc04kjnd.gif

nint.gif

And Huber from his hype meltdown on the Gametrailers stream during Sony's E3 conference.

CHlhu2zWgAAVlUg.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FAQ

What? Twitch doesn't allow straight up stand up on their streams!

As explained in the Final Bets Results video, Huber will be playing a video game in the bottom corner of the screen while Bosman does his stand up so that they satisfy Twitch's video game requirement.

OH. Gotcha. So when will this be?

Kyle has stated that he needs at least a month to prepare material, so probably sometime right before August.

Edit: It's been announced for August 13th Thursday 8PM PT.

Where can I watch what will surely be a historic moment in gaming journalism?

You can watch it when it streams on Gametrailer's Twitch page: http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers

Has he even done stand-up before?

Oh yeah.

Why is this even a thread?

Because Kyle doesn't want many people to watch his stand up, so obviously we must campaign to get as many people as possible to watch his stand up. Plus his stand-up will most likely be related to video games.

Mariolee

Final Bets results show spoiled.

I figured this was a bit of a Thanos type spoiler. Multiple times throughout the GT stream during E3 they said that it was a forgone conclusion that Bosman lost due to the final blow of Shenmue being announced, plus the video's been out for more than a few hours already. I thought it was worth pulling the trigger because Bosman doing an hour stand up is that hype inducing.

Hasney

I really hope he does this on a Friday or Saturday so I can watch it live. I love Kyle, but 4 weeks to plan an hour of comedy is going to make it a train wreck... Which might make it the funniest thing of all time.

Dude has gotta get some other guys from the office in as characters for some skits or something just to take the pressure off.

Hasney

An hour is a frigging long time if you're doing stand-up.

They already talked in the video that he can be creative. Some of those HBO specials aren't full on pure stand-up and bring other things into the mix, which is allowed.

lol, that link to his standup in 2006 was actually pretty good.

Is this going to happen at an actual comedy venue or is he just gonna do it in the GT offices?

They said it best at the end of the video:

We're going to get about 10 minutes of chuckles out of this, then 50 minutes of "Oh god why". I'm sure they'll switch up the format or something though partway through to prevent this.

That's a long time for a stand-up routine, especially for someone like him who's hardly a professional comedian for a living. I'm surprised he agreed to that length. Should've shook hands on thirty minutes.

I can't wait for this. I was a Final Bosman fan before, but after this past E3, I'm a Gametrailers fan. Everyone on that site is awesome.

styl3s

Can't they just label it as a talk show and have him do stand up? i see so much non-talk show bullshit on the talk show section. There is one dude who uses it just to stream himself cooking. Twitch is weird.

Can't wait, love Bosman.

JCX

An hour is a frigging long time if you're doing stand-up.

An hour isn't that hard, but a good hour is super tough for even professionals. I've been doing it for a few years and I only have about 30 minutes I am proud of.

I don't understand much about stand-up, but I always thought they were quick things.

One hour... Damn.

Will be there for everything.

Hasney

He should have gone thermo nuclear on the office again to get out of it.

HappyWelllitJaguarundi.gif

My cheek hurts from smiling at the chemistry those two have.

First time I saw them together was in the Bosman episode I just giffed in this post, but I don't understand how young Huber looks compared to now D:

J-Skee

Can't lie, one hour is going to be rough. If it was 30 minutes, it wouldn't be so bad. Regardless, I'm there with a big ol' bucket of popcorn.

EDIT: Huber should have that picture Kyle was going to put on his monitor during the stand up to troll him.

SJRB

Gold Member
Dude was a BEAST during E3, was live on Twitch for the full 6 days of E3 for like 12 hours a day. Got mad respect for him and his team for what they pulled off.

[rest of his crew deserve credit too of course]

I'll gladly watch this.

Top Bottom