• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Garbage - Not Your Kind Of People |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbage is back! After taking six years off they are releasing their fifth album. Who is Garbage you may ask? Click here.

nhblh.jpg
cZIDO.jpg

Standard Edition Cover

RwOtA.jpg

Track listing (Standard Edition)

1. Automatic Systematic Habit - 3:18
2. Big Bright World - 3:35
3. Blood for Poppies - 3:38
4. Control - 4:12
5. Not Your Kind of People - 4:57
6. Felt - 3:26
7. I Hate Love - 3:54
8. Sugar" - 3:59
9. Battle In Me - 4:14
10. Man on a Wire - 3:07
11. Beloved Freak - 4:30

Deluxe Edition Cover

PaaEN.jpg

Track listing (Deluxe Edition)

2. Big Bright World - 3:35
4. Control - 4:12
6. Felt - 3:26
7. I Hate Love - 3:54
8. Sugar" - 3:59
9. Battle In Me - 4:14
10. Man on a Wire - 3:07
11. Beloved Freak - 4:30
12. The One - 4:43
13. What Girls Are Made Of - 3:47
14. Bright Tonight - 4:01
15. Show Me - 5:14

Release Dates

May 11, 2012 - Australia and New Zealand
May 14, 2012 - Asia, Europe, and Latin America
May 15, 2012 - United States(it's exclusive to iTunes for one week, then it comes out everywhere else on May 22nd in the U.S.) and Canada
May 16, 2012 - Japan

Streaming Links

AOL Music
Spotify

Purchase Link

http://buy.garbage.com/

Previous Albums

Garbage (1995)
Version 2.0 (1998)
Beautiful Garbage (2001)
Bleed Like Me (2005)

Official Garbage Links

Official Garbage Website
Garbage Facebook
Garbage Twitter
Garbage YouTube Channel

Tour Dates

25: Atlantic City, NJ, House of Blues

June

1: Santa Barbara, CA, KJEE Summer Round Up, Santa Barbara Bowl
2: Mountain View, CA, Live 105 BFD, Shoreline Amphitheater
3: San Diego, CA, 91x X-Fest, Cricket Wireless Amphitheater
9: Warsaw, Poland, Orange Warsaw Festival
11: Samara, Russia, Rock on Volga Festival
12: Odessa, Ukraine, Prosto Rock Festival
16: Hultsfred, Sweden, Hultsfred Festival
17: Aarhus, Denmark, Northside Festival
19: Amsterdam, Netherlands, Melkweg Max
22: Neuhausen ob Eck, Germany, Southside Festival
23: Scheessel, Germany, Hurricane Festival
24: Paris, France, Solidays Festival
27: Luxembourg, Rockhal
28: Werchter, Belgium, Rock Werchter
29: Arras, France, Main Square Festival

July

1: London, UK, Brixton Academy
2: Wolverhampton, UK, Civic Hall
3: Manchester, UK, Manchester Academy
4: Glasgow, UK, Barrowlands
6: Bucharest, Romania, B’Estfest
8: Herouville St Clair, France, Festival Beauregard
11: Vigevano, Italy, 10 Giorni Suoanti Festival
12: Rome, Italy, Fiesta Capannelle Roma Rock
14: Bilbao, Spain BBK
15: Aix-les-Bains, France, Musilac
17: Arles, France, Les Escales du Cargo Festival
19: Oporto, Portugal, Mares Viva Festival
21: Nyon, Switzerland, Paleo Festival

22: Carhaix, France, Festival Vieilles Charrues

August

4: Montreal, QUE, Osheaga Festival
11: Omaha, NE, Maha Festival, Stinson Park
18: Osaka, Japan, Summer Sonic Festival
19: Tokyo, Japan, Summer Sonic Festival

So who's buying the album? Anyone else excited for this? :-D

Didnt even know they were working on anything to be honest, will definitely give it a listen to. I have never been a huge fan, but they have a lot of good songs.

Live Free or Die, are you waiting until release to listen to the album? If not, what do you think?

Now that the initial excitement has faded, I find myself enjoying only Automatic Systematic Habit, Control, Not Your Kind of People, I Hate Love, and Sugar. The rest of the album isn't grabbing me, and I think the deluxe edition bonus tracks are trash.

Overall, I think Not Your Kind of People is better than Bleed Like Me but nowhere near as good as the band's first three albums.

RetroGreg

Download is available on iTunes now. I saw Garbage in Tempe, AZ at the Marquee in April and they were great. I actually bought tickets for BFD 2012 in Mountain View, CA for June 2nd. Can't wait to see them again.

Will get this when I get home, but I was pretty disappointed by Bleed Like Me back in the day. Hard to imagine them releasing anything like the ST/2.0 now.

Chuckie

I love Garbage first two albums, haven't listened to anything else after that.

Will check this out though... especially considering I am going to see them 19th of June.

I think the album is pretty disappointing personally. Oddly enough considering how long they took between albums, a lot of it comes across a little half baked.

Automatic Systematic, Control and Battle In Me are awesome tracks. The rest? Not so much.

I think they've been alarmingly patchy since the 3rd album. A shame since self titled and Version 2.0 are very solid releases.

Polari

I had no idea Butch Vig was 56. Anyway lead single sounds like it could be straight out of 1995 and not in a good way. Never understood the love for this band.

Live Free or Die, are you waiting until release to listen to the album? If not, what do you think?

Now that the initial excitement has faded, I find myself enjoying only Automatic Systematic Habit, Control, Not Your Kind of People, I Hate Love, and Sugar. The rest of the album isn't grabbing me, and I think the deluxe edition bonus tracks are trash.

Overall, I think Not Your Kind of People is better than Bleed Like Me but nowhere near as good as the band's first three albums.

I'm loving the album! Yes, its not as good as Version 2.0 but, its still a solid album. Glad they are back!

RetroGreg

Listened through it once so far. I like it overall. I'd say I'm pleased as a long time fan. My initial impression is that I like it more than the last two albums, but not as much as the first two.

Revolver

Automatic Systematic Habit, Control, I Hate Love and Battle In Me stand out to me. I really liked their first two albums but haven't paid much attention to them since. Glad they're back though. I really like Shirley Manson.

Songs I like:

Typical Garbage album for me.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
the first five songs are great. Then it's Battle in Me and My Beloved Freak. The rest is drek.

I'd rate it above their previous album but lower than the rest. Still good though.

scosher

the first five songs are great. Then it's Battle in Me and My Beloved Freak. The rest is drek.

I'd rate it above their previous album but lower than the rest. Still good though.

I agree, but I also like I Hate Love and Man On a Wire.

The real standout though for me is "The One" on the Deluxe edition.

Meier

Listening to the deluxe version on rdio now. Blood for Poppies really grew on me.. nice to hear it come on early. First song was a bit meh but I liked the second as well.

Cautiously optimistic for the rest of the album.

cruets

finally listened to the new album. first 5 songs blew me away. last half album was just good. can't wait to here these songs live next week. they only played three of the new songs last time I saw em in April. my favorite track is either systematic or big bright world.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So far I only like Control a lot.

Not sure about the others... I like the UK release of Battle in Me.

Carcetti

I've come to realize that of their later albums I only like the 'happy' songs. Big Bright World from this new one, Parade and Cherry Lips from Beautifulgarbage. On the first 2 albums, I thought everything worked and I love all the songs equally.

My big regret is never seeing them live even though I bought self titled album the day it came out and been a fan since. Also wish I'd seen the Gwen Stefani concert where Shirley came on stage and they had a duet of Wonderful World. There's only horrible phone cam material on the net from that one.

clemenx

Banned
Ahhh I punched myself yesterday. I randomly remembered that Garbage had released this last month and purchased it right away. I don't know how I forgot about this for a month, and I call myself a Garbage fan.

I really like the album, It's not like anything from before which is cool but it's still the Garbage I missed, I think it's closer to Version 2.0 than the most recent albums. I LOVE "Automatic Systematic Habit" I think it's up there with the classics from Version 2.0.

Definitely not disappointed.

RetroGreg

I saw Garbage at BFD in Mountain View a couple weekends ago. They had an autograph line and I was able to get all 4 band members to sign the new CD. It was pretty cool. I hope I can see them again soon.

I saw Garbage at BFD in Mountain View a couple weekends ago. They had an autograph line and I was able to get all 4 band members to sign the new CD. It was pretty cool. I hope I can see them again soon.

Awesome!

HOLY CRAP GUYS check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP63o79qyu0&sns=tw - Garbage Version 2.0 (Entire Album remixed in Nintendo Hyper 8-Bit by Daryl Banner)

Saw Shirley post about this on FB and Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom