• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gatchaman 3DS (Wii?) Conference 2011 Thread: [Over, but has interviews]

Wowwwwwwww

4i99w.jpg

watershed

Banned
I wish someone who knows Japanese would do a thread on the Animal Crossing interview stuff. I'd do it but I don't know Japanese so the thread would literally be, "in this video stuff is said about Animal Crossing 3ds in Japanese".

Edit: nevermind, it already exists!

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
sorry if this has been mentioned already but a great summary of the event by Tiny Cartridge Good summary of events for anyone who doesn't want to dig through the entire thread.

Tiny Cartridge said:
A couple 3DS Megatons:

Capcom not only showed off footage for Monster Hunter Tri-G, it debuted Monster Hunter 4 for the 3DS! There’s no indication whether the newest entry in one of Japan’s biggest franchises will be a 3DS exclusive — it’s possible this will also hit PSP, PS Vita, Wii U, and/or other consoles.
There was no mention of the 3DS Expansion Slide Pad peripheral. None. Considering the confusion and anger over it, this seems like a really bad move.

A few 3DS Medium-tons:

Upcoming firmware release meant to improve the eShop interface, update StreetPass Mii Plaza, add 3D video recording, and possibly introduce new StreetPass minigames.
Several fan-favorite series are making their return to the 3DS: Mario Tennis, Fire Emblem (Path of Radiance-style 3D), and Tomodachi Collection. Previously announced titles like Paper Mario, Luigi’s Mansion 2, Animal Crossing, and Kid Icarus: Uprising (delayed) will still hit in 2012, too.
Square Enix unveiled a new RPG that looked like a follow-up to Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light at first, but it’s actually an original game with one of strangest titles ever: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. It has a near identical graphical style to 4 Heroes (see above), though, so it looks fantastic!

Lots of 3DS minitons:

Misty Pink 3DS color coming to Japan on October 20 — no announcement for the U.S. yet.
Nintendo has delayed Kid Icarus: Uprising to 2012, but to make up for it, the company intends to release free animated shorts produced by renowned firms Shaft, Production IG, and Studio 4C.
Some interesting second-tier titles: Culdcept, Calciobit (GBA version looked awesome!), SD G Generation 3D, and Dynasty Warriors Vs.
Sega revealed its Hatsune Miku nendoroid rhythm game, and… It looked awesome!
Tanooki Bowser in Super Mario 3D Land?
Fireballs in Mario Kart 7! And Lakitu shown as a playable character!
New content in the upcoming free DSiWare port of The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords include retro NES and Game Boy-style areas.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
SO I said I'd get up for the conference, but in the end I just wanted to stay in bed and sleep. Guess I'll let this stream play in teh background since it seems to have started half way through.

Seik

Banned
Gravijah said:
It's from THEATRHYTHM, the music game.

Oh really, my bad for not being informed on this one. I saw people relating it to a rhythm game, but I thought it was a joke. :/

I had that hope, yes.

EDIT: I just watched some gameplay from Theathrythm. I'm confused, not sure if I want. It look like easy money for SE. Still, I'm a sucker for FF songs, I guess we'll see in due times.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, 3DS December

1/12 Mario Kart 7
8/12 New Love Plus
10/12 MH3G
15/12 Inazuma Eleven Go
22/12 SD Gundam G Generation 3D

Will we see a 1 million week, guys?

Izayoi

Banned
Nisa65 said:
Just watched the 3D Tri G trailer that's up for download on the 3DS store. Looks soooooo good.
Of course there's nothing on the NA store.

I have to sit here and imagine what it will look like.

lol, when Miyamoto came out at the start with the sword and shield he said something to the tune of 'I come out dressed like this all the time in America, but doing it in Japan is kind of embarrassing.'

He only pretending to be crazy for e3!! ;)

So I said in the earlier thread that I needed to see 5 new game announcements to make me excited for the platform again. Nintendo managed to give me 4:

New Mario Tennis
Monster Hunter 4
New Fire Emblem
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

Which is good enough I think. Add on Resident Evil, Kid Icarus, a western release of Monster Hunter Tri (hinted at by Capcom UK), Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Tekken, Luigi's Mansion 2, and a western release of Professor Layton 3DS, and the platform is starting to look a bit more worthwhile going into 2012.

At fucking last is all I can say.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope Theatrhythm comes out this year in the US, and that Project Mirai actually comes out in NA (They had those car ads!)

GeekyDad

All in all, I think there were some cool reveals. Nothing mind-blowing, but Fire Emblem, making your own 3D videos, and a relatively affordable price for the circle-pad attachment are all welcome announcements. Mario Tennis 3D? Meh... But knowing I might actually get some play out of Four Swords is nice. Not disappointed by the conference; not wowed, either.

GeekyDad said:
All in all, I think there were some cool reveals. Nothing mind-blowing, but Fire Emblem, making your own 3D videos, and a relatively affordable price for the circle-pad attachment are all welcome announcements. Mario Tennis 3D? Meh... But knowing I might actually get some play out of Four Swords is nice. Not disappointed by the conference; not wowed, either.
Wait they mentioned the price? How much is it?

Cosmozone

The Tomodachi Collection related stuff was the creepiest thing I saw in the last years. Shudder.
Otherwise, great Conference. Where can I watch all this after conference stuff everybody was talking about?

thefil

That Bravely Something Fairy Something game makes me think of Final Fantasy IX. Interest piqued. Now if only I owned a 3DS and/or had money.

holy fucking god! just managed to download the conference, and saw the SS video, holy fuck! it is going to be GOTY, it is going to be more than that! just holy fuck! HOLY FUCK!

Futureman

that's not Elite Beat Agents under the FF7 Theatrhythm pic, is it?

it's 3 dudes in suits, but it doesn't really look like the EBA style, though it's been like 4 years since I played the game I guess.

Effect

I wish there was some talk about possible 3DS retail game demos. Perhaps even through the Wii like how they handle the DS game demos.

I was in Best Buy yesterday preordering the Skyward Sword bundle (haven't really been there for a while as I had no clue about the touchscreen interface where you print out your preorder slip to take to the register) and was finally able to play Dead or Alive Dimensions. I've been kicking around the idea of buying the game but could never make the decision as I'm not crazy about fighting games. Looks great but after a few rounds I had my full. This back and forth could have been taken care off long ago if I could just have gotten a demo of the game. The opposite works as well as we all know. They can easily make a person pick up a game. The Wii to 3DS vis download play should solve storage issues with demos I would think.

Or at the very least more gameplay videos on the eShop and not simply trailers. Showing what a normal gameplay moment would be like.

On the game front I hope the wait for Bravely Default: Flying Fairy isn't to long. That looked great.

Top Bottom