• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay and Bisexual relationship thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheSeks said:
Because going to clubs week after week just doesn't sound appealing to me. There is many other ways to meet people. But it seems like doing the dancing, drinking, and one-night stand thing is what people want. Sad, really.

But that probably is just because I'm not a people person. *shrug*
that's a pretty dry, generic view of parties dude. you don't have to drink or do the one-night stand... just enjoy being with people...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ZephyrFate said:
Just enjoy being with people...

That's kinda the thing... I don't. Years of terrible experiences with people kinda kill your wanting to be around people.

That, and I have had way more meaningful relationships talking to people at work/school/etc. than I have at parties. *shrug*

beje

Banned
TheSeks said:
That's kinda the thing... I don't. Years of terrible experiences with people kinda kill your wanting to be around people.

That, and I have had way more meaningful relationships talking to people at work/school/etc. than I have at parties. *shrug*

Have you tried going with friends you actualy have meaningful relationships with?

mantidor

Calamachino said:
DOES SHE KNOW?!!? :lol

I think it's obvious she does, and it's great how she handled it. I'm fortunate enough to be out to all my family, what I don't have is anyone to introduce :lol

ZephyrFate said:
your misanthropy has blinded you from the fact that meeting people at parties is like a huge chunk of where social interaction comes from in the modern age

I would say of any age, not just now.

I'm also not much of a socializer, but I've learned to tolerate people, and I have enough close friendships that have been really gratifying, I just go out and try to enjoy it, the gay scene is not particularly enjoyable for me, not even the music, but if I want to meet someone I have to tolerate it. I certainly need a gay friend at the very least, all my friends are straight and thats great and all but is obvious it's a dead end, it will be very difficult, I don't tolerate people easily but well, I'll get there hopefully.

Calamachino said:
My partner and I were visiting family for the holidays. We both had a flight back home right after my extended family's Christmas party, and since the party is near the airport, my partner comes along. My immediate family knows about me and him, but my extended family does not and I don't want them to because they are very conservative judgmental people whom I only see once a year.

Anyway, at the party we tell everyone my partner is my roommate and everyone is nice to him and everything goes smoothly. At the end of the party, a 93 year old relative who is sharp, sweet, and very energetic for her age approaches me and my partner. She gives him a huge hug and says, "Welcome to the HUUUUGE family!" She then approaches me and grabs my shoulders and says, "Are you happy?" I tell her yes. She then appraches my partner, grabs his shoulders and says, "And are you happy?" He says yes, she says, "GOOD!" and walks away.

Haha, clearly she does. She sounds pretty cool too.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Calamachino said:
My partner and I were visiting family for the holidays. We both had a flight back home right after my extended family's Christmas party, and since the party is near the airport, my partner comes along. My immediate family knows about me and him, but my extended family does not and I don't want them to because they are very conservative judgmental people whom I only see once a year.

Anyway, at the party we tell everyone my partner is my roommate and everyone is nice to him and everything goes smoothly. At the end of the party, a 93 year old relative who is sharp, sweet, and very energetic for her age approaches me and my partner. She gives him a huge hug and says, "Welcome to the HUUUUGE family!" She then approaches me and grabs my shoulders and says, "Are you happy?" I tell her yes. She then appraches my partner, grabs his shoulders and says, "And are you happy?" He says yes, she says, "GOOD!" and walks away.

Just to note something, after WWII. The US reversed in a lot of social trends.

Yesterday I had my first "real date" (as in not booty call) in a very, very long time, and oh it was great. Hours of non-stop conversation, butterflies in stomach and all that jazz :D

He already wanted to see me again today, but I'm too busy* and will continue to be for a few more days :(

procrastinating on GAF

Edit: He just texted me "Hi :)"

/swoon

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
beje said:
Have you tried going with friends you actualy have meaningful relationships with?

They're all older than me. The kids my age I can't connect with, at all. They all have weird schedules yet the people older than me (by about 20 years) have the time and effort to at least organize an outing and be there. Or if they can't, they at least E-MAIL ME and let me know. Kids my age can't seem to do that. So I'm sitting there at a place for an hour going "Where the fuck are they?"

I get much more talking about random events with older people than I do with kids my age. It's weird.

In any case, going out with people scares the bejesus out of me. I mostly avoid going out unless there is free food or drinks involved. :lol

Magnus

Man, this thread's popularity and participation factor really took a nosedive since the thread split...why did that happen again?

Magnus

Ah, word, yeah. I supported that initiative, but didn't feel like it needed to happen with this thread in particular :(

Magnus said:
Ah, word, yeah. I supported that initiative, but didn't feel like it needed to happen with this thread in particular :(
Which is what most people were arguing for but if we were given special privileges then it would look back on the moderators or well

actually

there was no good reason for our megathread to get tanked considering we had seniority.

Max@GC

hi folks. found out that my last gf is bisexual. so my question is how do bisexual women see themselves? do they feel they´re a woman and a man? or do they see themselves as men/want to be a man? or do they see themselves as women who just like pussy too? just asking cuz I found it really confusing thinking about it.

Max@GC said:
hi folks. found out that my last gf is bisexual. so my question is how do bisexual women see themselves? do they feel they´re a woman and a man? or do they see themselves as men/want to be a man? or do they see themselves as women who just like pussy too? just asking cuz I found it really confusing thinking about it.
it's the same thing as bisexual men -- sexuality, most commonly, has little bearing on how you feel about your own gender/sex. What you're asking about is more associated with transsexuality or transgender issues.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Max@GC said:
There is many different levels of bi-sexuality, all completely depending on the person's view of it. It ranges from the simple attention whore at a party to someone who will actually be in a relationship with the same sex.

okno

Eric and I are officially together as of Saturday :3 We were up until 430am spilling out everything we've been wanting to say to each other. It was easily one of the most intense things I've done in recent times... I won't go into details, but I thought my heart was going to explode by the end of it. Oy...

Also, finally came out to my mom last night. It feels really good to be open to everyone now. There's no more tension between us at all. I could feel a very clear tension between my mother and me. Now that that is gone, everything just feels better.

Does anyone know anything what to do if you pull a muscle in your dick? The other night, Eric woke up with a really hard and painful erection, so he tried to stretch it a little bit by pushing it down (so away from him, since he was laying down), but said it hurt when he got past a certain point. Now, he's in constant pain and it hurts for him to get an erection. I keep telling him to go to the doctor, because this could very well be something serious, but he refuses since he doesn't have insurance. A friend of his told him that happened to him once and it took him two weeks to feel better, so he's going to see if the same applies to him... He needs to go to the doctor.

okno said:
Eric and I are officially together as of Saturday :3 We were up until 430am spilling out everything we've been wanting to say to each other. It was easily one of the most intense things I've done in recent times... I won't go into details, but I thought my heart was going to explode by the end of it. Oy...

Also, finally came out to my mom last night. It feels really good to be open to everyone now. There's no more tension between us at all. I could feel a very clear tension between my mother and me. Now that that is gone, everything just feels better.

Does anyone know anything what to do if you pull a muscle in your dick? The other night, Eric woke up with a really hard and painful erection, so he tried to stretch it a little bit by pushing it down (so away from him, since he was laying down), but said it hurt when he got past a certain point. Now, he's in constant pain and it hurts for him to get an erection. I keep telling him to go to the doctor, because this could very well be something serious, but he refuses since he doesn't have insurance. A friend of his told him that happened to him once and it took him two weeks to feel better, so he's going to see if the same applies to him... He needs to go to the doctor.
Tell him to avoid masturbation, do some more exercise, and possibly yoga to alleviate tension. It's possibly thrombosis.

Max@GC

ZephyrFate said:
it's the same thing as bisexual men -- sexuality, most commonly, has little bearing on how you feel about your own gender/sex. What you're asking about is more associated with transsexuality or transgender issues.

So you say she could see herself as a woman who just likes dicks and pussies respectively male and female qualities equally?

Hotsuma

I've been reading this thread but was scared to post anything no matter how much I wanted to. It's cool to have a thread like this to read because some of the entries give me hope that I might just find someone thats good for me eventually. I guess I'm saying thanks for this thread.

Prez

Relationship trouble... Half of the time my bf is in a horrible mood and treats me like shit. Then he apologizes and he's very sweet all of a sudden but the slightest thing upsets him and makes it start all over again. I've talked to him about it several times, but nothing really changes.

Last month I made a mixed tape for him and gave him a Walkman with it for Christmas. It took quite some time and I'll probably fail one of my subjects because of it since I had to rush some important assignments. The day I gave it to him he listened to one song in my presence. I just took a look at it again and it was still the same song, so he hasn't listened to it since. Is it normal I'm bothered by this or am I overreacting?

Anyhow doesn't look like I'll last much longer with him anymore. The longer I'm seeing him the more unhappy I become. It really shouldn't be like this...

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
For starters, Stabbie, stop looking at it as though you did something wrong.

My view? There appears to be only this post and one from back in November to go by, but I kind of get the impression that perhaps this guy wasn't necessarily interested in entering a relationship to begin with, but more or less went along for the ride out of indifference and now may be tired of putting on a good face about the whole situation. Problem is, he doesn't have the spine to actually lay it out on the table so you can get on with your life.

alternade

Just coming home from the most AWKWARD sex of my entire life! UGH!!! Iwant to cry it was so bad. The worst part is the guy seemed like he had a good time plus he was perfect(30yo, 5'9'', husky but in all the right places, hairy everywhere, blue eyes)

I need to have more sex for practice! Its decided!

What was awkward about it, exactly? Not looking to get off on your story or anything, just curious about what went wrong in your opinion.

alternade

badcrumble said:
What was awkward about it, exactly? Not looking to get off on your story or anything, just curious about what went wrong in your opinion.

Everything was fine with the oral part of it, then when we got to the anal, thing fell apart. It mostly my inexperience plus my height being an issue. I didnt even get mine, i kinda took a shower and darted.

Magnus

Some kind of cosmic joke is being played on me.

I only ever seem to click or feel a spark with attached guys. Sometimes it'll be hours of talking before that fact gets dropped, whether online or in person. It's like, without fail, 99% of the time, they're taken. Half the time they come on to me! I don't get it. Fuck.

That aside, last night was finally an exception to the rule.

I finally went out on a date with that cop I met, haha. He's great, but rather straight-laced which was kind of a hilarious stereotype I didn't expect him to conform to. I honestly don't think I'm mature enough yet, either mentally or as far as experience goes to be a good match for him, but I feel a spark, and he's quite cute and man, is he ever my type; pretty butch and manly.

We'll see if it pans out. The bitch is he's away all weekend so no hangin out or cookies and oral till next week at the soonest.

Magnus said:
Some kind of cosmic joke is being played on me.

I only ever seem to click or feel a spark with attached guys. Sometimes it'll be hours of talking before that fact gets dropped, whether online or in person. It's like, without fail, 99% of the time, they're taken. Half the time they come on to me! I don't get it. Fuck.

That aside, last night was finally an exception to the rule.

I finally went out on a date with that cop I met, haha. He's great, but rather straight-laced which was kind of a hilarious stereotype I didn't expect him to conform to. I honestly don't think I'm mature enough yet, either mentally or as far as experience goes to be a good match for him, but I feel a spark, and he's quite cute and man, is he ever my type; pretty butch and manly.

We'll see if it pans out. The bitch is he's away all weekend so no hangin out or cookies and oral till next week at the soonest.
Straightlaced guys are insanely amazing in bed. Seriously.

So ummm, is this the right thread in which to confess that "I sent this bitch a picture of my dick"? I submitted a pic (sans-face) to a Tumblr and it got posted :eek:

I think I'm a total exhibitionist.

Freestyler said:
So ummm, is this the right thread in which to confess that "I sent this bitch a picture of my dick"? I submitted a pic (sans-face) to a Tumblr and it got posted :eek:

I think I'm a total exhibitionist.
Show me.

Magnus

Fellow single gaygaf brothers, gimme a hug. This month sucks, and I manage to get the dreaded V-day shoved in my face weeks in advance, like every year, by all my happily coupled/married friends, and they all seem to be attached this year, almost without exception. Starting to slip into the usual feelings that seem to creep up once every month or so, the fear of being single forever, haha. I don't know how I beat it every time, but I do, even if I end up staying single.

I really feel like I'm throwing myself out there a lot too. Some of my friends make slut jokes even though I'm only really going on a date once every week or two. That's not that bad, is it? And man, is it ever starting to get on my nerves that people who happily landed into their relationships without having to play the dating game can manage to criticize those of us who have to. Fuck, what a pissoff. I'm so glad you wound up with your highschool sweetheart and haven't been single since age 17. Don't call me a slut for trying to find a fraction of that happiness at age 26. Thanks.

An alarming number of people have been bringing it up all on their own in conversation to me too. "How come you're still single? You seem like such a catch. Always thought you'd find someone easily." Almost as if to insinuate it should be easy, but I'm doing something wrong. WHY THANKS. HERE IS MY WOUND, WOULD YOU LIKE MORE SALT TO RUB IN IT.

What's bad is that none of these first dates are worth a second date so far, save one, who hasn't gotten back to me in days. Le sigh.

Magnus

Delio said:
Much hugs Magnus. I just broke up with my BF and V day is rearing it's ugly head over me. I hate it.

:( I'm sorry man. Long relationship?

So I'm on PoF now on many friends' recommendations. Like 90% of the profiles I look at are filled with: "Love camping and outdoorsy hikes!" and "Interests: Interior Design" and "Love wine tastings and museums".

Really?

Really??

Do people list the things they wish they were, that they wish they were doing...or the things they actually do? Am I some kind of bizarre man-child if I don't want to take nature or art in at every free moment and just wanna watch TV or play some motherfuckin' video games with coffee or a goddamn can of Dew or something? Fuck interior design. My roommate and I have been living in this new place for four months and haven't gotten around to hanging a damn photo or piece of art up and don't really give much of a shit yet.

I feel like a leper in the gay community.

Delio

Magnus said:

About a Year and 5 months. The thing is he was long distance wayyy to far and it just didnt work. And man dont worry you will find someone. I'm not really into design and all that either heh.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
It's not easy in any world.

Magnus said:

So I'm on PoF now on many friends' recommendations. . . .
I'm certain you're not the only lazy man-child on the internet who doesn't enjoy always going out and partaking in things that are cliched as being gay interests.

/me idles in his plain, messy room while maintaining a clear distance from the outside world

Plus, you don't have to care 100% about what the guy says on his profile, right? Just bear with it and try to make the most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom