• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GC to PC Monitor Question

Coleosis

Firstly, Is it even possible to connect your GC to your monitor?
If it is, can some of you tell me either where I can get it or how to do it please?

epmode

most/all vga boxes sold in game stores are horrible. use the xblaster. it works with any progressive signal (gamecube, xbox, even a few ps2 games,) and gives perfect vga output. it even supports 720p and 1080i. the only problem is that it doesn't display a non-progressive signal at all.

X-Blaster will give you flawless output. The only reason I didn't like it was my Samsung monitor had crappy default color settings and I couldn't stand having my consoles with such lousy color (Correctable in XP by a calibration program... but that's software related and won't adjust for console play.)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Coleosis said:
Firstly, Is it even possible to connect your GC to your monitor?
If it is, can some of you tell me either where I can get it or how to do it please?

Hmm, I see you have a ToS avatar, however...which is a game that will not work on a VGA monitor (in true VGA). :p

bogg

How much does the xblaster costs? I got digital VGA monitor cable from ahead games for 45$. Works great.

hooo

boooy
Xblaster only works with progressive scan games. If you're looking for a cheap good-looking 480i solution, try Dscaler. There's a card compatibility list on there site (some of which can be had for $50 or less), and the software is open source (and free of course).

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
High end monitors have a DVI connection. From there you just plug the GC in and thats it.

Orin GA

Im not sure. You may have to buy a specil dvi cable from nintendo because im sure they are differnt from the ones that connect to video cards.

boo7z

No current console supports DVI. The digital cable for the Cube is Japan only and does not work with US displays.

Orin GA

It doesnt work with US ones? Sux. Why wouldlik-sang even bother shipping them out then.

Deg

Banned
boo7z said:
No current console supports DVI. The digital cable for the Cube is Japan only and does not work with US displays.

Ah man. I have that plug on my tv. It looks like a pc plug.

Sledn

Well if your monitor is connected to a computer then you could just a TV card and run it through that. Most TV cards are not too expensive.

boo7z

Deg said:
Ah man. I have that plug on my tv. It looks like a pc plug.

Should have phrased it differently. There is no way to directly connect the GC/PS2/Xbox to a DVI connection.

Top Bottom