• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GDC/PAX East seem to have a lot of announcements this year (list included)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I was noticing this list slowly growing over the past week, and there's still time for it to grow more, so I thought some people might want a list.

I would guess that the next-gen console unveil dates caused this to an extent, since not as many major games could be announced at the VGAs or in the final Game Informers of last year.

PAX East (March 22nd-24th):
-Deep Silver is announcing "something HUGE", believed to be Saints Row 4.
-Blizzard is unveiling a new game that isn't a sequel, a previously announced game, an expansion pack, or their unannounced MMO.
-BioWare has teased they might show up with Dragon Age 3
-Capcom is unveiling two new games.
-Ubisoft will be showing off never before seen content for Watch Dogs, along with content from Assassin's Creed IV and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. As a warning, the footage from Ubisoft's games might not be leaving PAX for everyone to see.
-Renegade Kid will be unveiling their new 3DS eShop FPS.
-Yacht Club Games (ex-Wayforward) is unveiling their new title.

GDC (March 25th-29th):
-EA is unveiling what is almost assuredly Battlefield 4.
-Kojima has been preparing a new promotional video (trailer) for GDC, which is presumably for Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes given they're hosting a 1.5 hour sponsored session to try and hire people for KojiPro LA and KojiPro Tokyo to work on the game.
-A new Magicka product (that isn't DLC) is unveiling at GDC, which is presumably Magicka 2.
-Epic's Fortnite has several panels at GDC. It would be kind of weird if they showed nothing to consumers.

Feel free to point out anything I've missed or bump the thread when a new announcement is made for one of these two so I can update the list. Also make sure to make a separate thread for it as well because new news is supposed to go in new threads.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I was noticing this list slowly growing over the past week, and there's still time for it to grow more, so I thought some people might want a list.

I would guess that the next-gen console unveil dates caused this to an extent, since not as many major games could be announced at the VGAs or in the final Game Informers of last year.

PAX East (March 22nd-24th):
-Deep Silver is announcing "something HUGE", believed to be Saints Row 4.
-Blizzard is unveiling a new game that isn't a sequel, a previously announced game, an expansion pack, or their unannounced MMO.
-BioWare has teased they might show up with Dragon Age 3

GDC (March 25th-29th):
-EA is unveiling what is almost assuredly Battlefield 4.
-Kojima has been preparing a new promotional video (trailer) for GDC, which is presumably for Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes given they're hosting a 1.5 hour sponsored session to try and hire people for KojiPro LA and KojiPro Tokyo to work on the game.
-A new Magicka product (that isn't DLC) is unveiling at GDC, which is presumably Magicka 2.
-Epic's Fortnite has several panels at GDC. It would be kind of weird if they showed nothing to consumers.

Feel free to point out anything I've missed or bump the thread when a new announcement is made for one of these two so I can update the list. Also make sure to make a separate thread for it as well because new news is supposed to go in new threads.

This was my thought as well.

L1NETT

Looking forward to seeing Battlefield 4. Any chance of seeing anymore Destiny?

Also predicting a lot coming to PS4 and "other next gen consoles" MS must know that they are n't going to surprise anyone when they do announce it. Why not announce sooner? Is Gears really that important

Watch Dogs is going to be at PAX as well.

Yeah, more AC4 as well

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3, PS4, 360, Wii U, PC) – A fully-enclosed theater will treat attendees with an exclusive look at the new game, set during the Golden Age of pirates, and introduce new hero Edward Kenway, a pirate trained by assassins. Similar to last year’s inflatable tomahawk, session attendees this year will receive an inflatable cutlass sword, and can take pictures with the game’s new hero in a photo booth.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PS3, 360, PC) – A new demo of the upcoming title will be on display.

Watch Dogs (PS3, PS4, 360, Wii U, PC) – Never-before-seen footage of Watch Dogs will be unveiled in a closed theater presentation. All session attendees will receive a PAX East-exclusive Watch Dogs lanyard.

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/ubisoft-bringing-assassins-creed-iv-watch-dogs-to-pax-east

BF4 and Kojimaaaaaaa should be enough for me. Anything else will be bonus. I am curious about Blizzard though. Cautiously curious.

GulAtiCa

Though already announced, Renegade Kid will apparently be revealing their new 3DS eShop FPS game. (only known thing is that it's offline single player game)

robotnik

Secret title from Yacht Club Games:
RqvSg7U.png

I'm not gonna know what to do with myself, first time going to Pax and I'm already overwhelmed.

Though already announced, Renegade Kid will apparently be revealing their new 3DS eShop FPS game. (only known thing is that it's offline single player game)

They say if it's going to be a new IP or not?

Looking at Jool's twitter seems like it's a new IP.

Zia

Just conjecture on my part, but I think Valve is prepping something to show at one of these events. They've been really quiet, with few of their games, including Dota 2, seeing substantial updates in the last month.

Derrick01

Banned
I guess I'm interested in BF4 if it's running on ps4 and is actual footage.

Hoping Ubi lets us see the Watch Dogs stuff.

Tizoc

Capcom are said to announce some games at PAX East.
My guess is they're classic games re-releases/compilations tho.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah, it's kind of nuts. PAX has seen some really good announcement in recent years but GDC getting some big ones is surprising. Looking forward to the GZ trailer and BF4 (hoping for some PS4 footage but that's unlikely). I wonder if this is an anomaly because of next gen coming up or if GDC is going to be used more as a platform for these kind of things. It would be a shame if it stopped being about development as much.

Biggzy

Yeah, it's kind of nuts. PAX has seen some really good announcement in recent years but GDC getting some big ones is surprising. Looking forward to the GZ trailer and BF4 (hoping for some PS4 footage but that's unlikely). I wonder if this is an anomaly because of next gen coming up or if GDC is going to be used more as a platform for these kind of things. It would be a shame if it stopped being about development as much.

I honestly think it is just a one off because next gen is right around the corner. Didn't MS use a GDC once to unveil a bunch of their games?

Don't Bungie have a talk on Destiny at GDC? I know that's technically not an announcement, but still....

This is also just a guess but maybe Sony will announce new PS4 titles, LittleBigPlanet was announced at GDC, IIRC.

Nintendo usually shows off a trailer for "smaller" announced Zelda games at GDC. Not sure if their Directs have gotten rid of the need to show it then but I wouldn't be surprised to see Wind Waker HD there.

I can't check right now but wasn't there an Activision panel for GDC announced that had to do with their nextgen engine (s)? Not sure if it would be tied to a game explicitly but I guess it could be.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
RK also said a while ago they'd be showing their new Wii U game at PAX but have since kinda quieted up about it, ever since the "Treasurenauts" trademark filing leaked. It might still be there...

Can't wait to be the first person to see their new 3DS FPS.
p0QHO.gif

Haunted

It'll be a good week.

Though I hope the marketing dollar muscle from the bigger publishers won't overshadow the indie devs, who could use events like PAX to great effect before.

Personally I am looking forward to Capcom's games, maybe cause I am hoping for a Dino Crisis reboot or something, same goes for Onimusha.

Kojima will probably rule.

Epic's Fortnite would be interesting.

Skab

Blizzard All-Stars seems like a given.

I'm personally the most interested in what Capcom will be showing. In a perfect world one of them would be a new Darkstalkers or SF5, but I wont be holding my breath for either.

Sponge

Banned
I hate to bump this thread, but I'm willing to bet we're gonna see Poker Night at the Inventory 2 at PAX East.

TF2 just updated with five items apparently from the game, as their names seem to suggest. The first Poker Night was announced at PAX, so I'd say it's a safe assumption.

mPGWHnL.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I hate to bump this thread, but I'm willing to bet we're gonna see Poker Night at the Inventory 2 at PAX East.

TF2 just updated with five items apparently from the game, as their names seem to suggest. The first Poker Night was announced at PAX, so I'd say it's a safe assumption.

mPGWHnL.png

Still hoping for this, even though the item update has been literally the only thing we have to go on.

Top Bottom