• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gearbox confirms Borderlands 3 launches on September 13, 2019; Epic Games Store exclusive

lukilladog

I saw it more as about the game itself.

If a mod chimes in and says we can have the steam vs EGS talk then I’ll continue.

@Mod of War @EviLore ?

Ok, just to answer a couple of the questions before moving on, Valve actually did something in response to the EGS, they reduced the cut after a certain amount of sales... and Valve doesn´t necessarily deserve the money from being the dominant store, but they earned their position, legitimately for the most part. They should not get all the credit though, game companies put their faith on them innumerable times and it worked. It´s up to the newcomers to earn their stuff, not to cry us as if they were entitled to a part of the pie while at the same time set Us behind the cold companies on their list of priorities.

Kagey K

Banned
Ok, just to answer a couple of the questions before moving on, Valve actually did something in response to the EGS, they reduced the cut after a certain amount of sales... and Valve doesn´t necessarily deserve the money from being the dominant store, but they earned their position, legitimately for the most part. They should not get all the credit though, game companies put their faith on them innumerable times and it worked. It´s up to the newcomers to earn their stuff, not to cry us as if they were entitled to a part of the pie while at the same time set Us behind the cold companies on their list of priorities.

So if they decide to put their money where there mouth is? That makes them less desirable?

Valve didn’t really earn anything, they were there first and gobbled up the market, now anytime anyone poses a threat PC gamers rise up.

Lord Gabon shall not be toppled.

You don’t see how ridiculous that sounds?

MMaRsu

Banned
Ya sure everyone on the internet loves gabens phat cock and thats why we all use steam and want nothing else

get outta here man with that weak bs are you seriously believing yourself right now?

Last edited:

Helios

So if they decide to put their money where there mouth is? That makes them less desirable?

Valve didn’t really earn anything, they were there first and gobbled up the market, now anytime anyone poses a threat PC gamers rise up.

Lord Gabon shall not be toppled.

You don’t see how ridiculous that sounds?
It does sound ridiculous when you make a straw man out of thin air. Funny how that works.

scalman

For all those steam lovers its ok to be but for me i dont care and steam could not exist i wouldnt notice that. Plenty places where to get games nowadays. I would take it from ms store if i would need. Valve is nothing for many years now and steam is just another place to get something cheap nothing more

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Lol just when I thought I couldn’t get more interested in the game Ice T pops up like “How ‘bout now, bitch?”

Wonder what other celebrity cameos they have.

Top Bottom