• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 Eclipses 4 Million Sold WW

Banned
Mohonky said:
You'd think with sales like that they'd be inclined to get the multiplayer working......
with sales like that why would you even bother?

This isn't Stardock. They don't really have to work for respect or anything. The patch will take it's sweet time getting to Live

Mohonky

with sales like that why would you even bother?

This isn't Stardock. They don't really have to work for respect or anything. The patch will take it's sweet time getting to Live
It'd be nice to know the 4 million people who support them are being supported though.

The multi is the game is absolutely broken. It's a lagging glitch fest and all they've had to say about it till now is 'we're doing something.'

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
The multiplayer has some problems, but people make it seem like the most unplayable shooter ever released. Game works fine for me.

Stop shoveling dirt into your Xbox.

TalonsOfJustice

Neo Member
And I'm sure all 4 million of those people are either pissed off gamers, are queers that standby to get a win. Happened to me twice today, never seen it happen until today either. Guy gets down in Execution, sudden death, all of sudden i lag for 10 seconds, and get chainsawed when i finally reconnect. Same glitches as the first game, and even more annoying problems too. The multiplayer is THE reason why i got the game :/

dfyb

Banned
beat it last night. there are other games i'd rather see get sales like this. the multiplayer isn't even the only broken part. enemies get stuck in SP quite a bit. i even broke SP once (dropped down to where the enemies were because i saw a gap in the railing) and had to reload my last checkpoint.

TalonsOfJustice

Neo Member
JonAmikar said:
The multiplayer has some problems, but people make it seem like the most unplayable shooter ever released. Game works fine for me.

Smoke grenades that stun people is a good idea. But if a person falls over from it, don't they do some weird shit that makes them shake uncontrollably then all of a sudden lag them to 5 feet behind you right when you shoot them on the ground? It happens all the damn time, for anybody that plays it. Its the most retarded thing ive ever seen. it just saddens me how a problem like that has definitely come across them in testing, and didnt even do shit to fix it.

pr0cs

great news for a great game.
Probably the best value for a game this year, while I think Dead Space has a better overall story/package Gears2 has a TON of game in there.
Can't wait for Gears3, I hope that it is the final swansong for the 360.

Just beat it on Hardcore today. Very good game, with lots of modes, and great co-op options. Love the horde mode as well.

The reason that Gears 2 isn't getting the crushing hype that the first one got is because when Gears originally came out, it was the first great 1st party game from MS (maybe you could say PGR3 at launch), one of the first games to show off the 360 hardware, and one of the first widely accepted online shooters on 360. And, there wasn't nearly as much competition from other games at the time.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
btw fix online plz, srsly

The campaign and horde modes were fantastic and I love this game. 4 million sales isn't enough.

PSGames

SimpleDesign said:
That's cool I guess. Got slaughtered by COD: WaW though.

Now how about you fix the online multiplayer before releasing anymore fucking map packs Epic.

COD is a much bigger franchise I'd say it faired fairly well.

DiddyBop

you guys nitpick about multiplayer. it could be better yea,but its completely fine,and and my friends enjoy it everynight. if you dont like smoke grenades learn how to roll out the way,or just sit back at the beginning of the match when everything rushes towards the heavy weapons and blow their smoke grenade loads.

JonAmikar said:

Um, it really is quite unplayable for many people such as the orignal thread and EPIC forums.

More than half of my versus matches were completely and utterly ruined by lag. And that doesn't even include the glitches which are plentiful and abusive.

FrankT

starship said:
You can't say that based on a shipment number.

And that is why it says approximately. If you didn't know what that meant, heh. It's 2.3 million confirmed in the US thus approximately the rest making up WW. You can give or take on either side of the number since it's approximate. Also the last time they provided the numbers early on in December they stated actual sell through. They maybe talking shipments here either way wouldn't matter since it's over 4 million (could me more on either side of the equation).

tahrikmili said:
What's the Gears 1 LTD?

In the original post as well. They say well over 5 million. Cliffy stated over 5.5 million not too long ago to be specific.

Top Bottom