• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 chain-saws through Uncharted 4’s, Overwatch’s TV ads

Juxo

I was hoping that there was an actual Gears of War advert that starts out as an ad for Uncharted 4/Overwatch and then literally gets chainsawed to turn into an ad for Gears.

This is also what I came to see. Disappointed.

Been way too long since I've 4-playered horde with my gf and friends! Gears 4 could be the one to finally make me get an XBone.
I'll be watching this game closely...

low-G

I thought it "literally" chainsawed through. Like, they somehow used an Uncharted 4 ad, and 5 seconds in a chainsaw cuts through the screen and it's replaced with a Gears ad.

I'm disappoint. :(

Edit: Guess I'm not the only one, lol

It's the only reason I clicked. Sega totally would have done that in the 90's.

blakep267

It would be almost hard for it not to outsell Halo 5.
Ehh, I think that Halo 5 has had some nice legs and while not reaching normal halo levels, I wouldn't be suprised if it sold at least 4 million up until this point. Unless people mean first month NPD sales, then yeah gears will probably debut higher

c0de

It would be almost hard for it not to outsell Halo 5.
Because of what? It didn't sell as much as the previous games but saying it's hard to not outsell it is unnecessary projection for a game we haven't seen much from and considering that halo still sold more than most games that release these days.
To me this sounds like a preparation for “oh, it couldn't even outsell halo!“ while when it does “well, not a big surprise, halo bombed“.

Paz

I know this isn't the point of this topic but wow that Uncharted 4 TV spot is great, what a perfect encapsulation of the series tone.

15 million views, christ. That's some massive exposure. Not to take away from the achievement (love Gears), but how did it reach that high? Youtube promotion?

RowdyReverb

15 million views, christ. That's some massive exposure. Not to take away from the achievement (love Gears), but how did it reach that high? Youtube promotion?
It's got a lot of momentum. It got a ton of views early on, so it is on the list of most popular gaming videos. I know YouTube keeps recommending it to me, so it must be recommending it to others as well

Part of it is pre-roll advertising on YT.

Basically that 1 minute trailer is run as both skippable 5-sec intro ads or occasionally unskippable ads to add to the view count.

There's some highly questionable posts about Gears being better than Halo in here...

It's ok to admit the truth. Just let it out, you'll feel better when you do

I think Gears 4 is gonna bomb.. especially compared to something like UC4

UC4 is completely irrelevant to Gears 4. Different publishers, developers, platforms, very different games in focus and execution.

Gears has a great fan base, ms will go big on it as they've shown they are going to do, it'll be fine.

NastyBook

_vewC8.gif

i thought there was some classic system wars shit goin down.
Genesisdoes was literally playing in my head as I clicked the link.

Top Bottom