• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War has hi-octane sales in Japan

toypop

Not a surprise since asian GoW has been sold well in import shops in akiba.(#1 on chart since launch)
But I heard it ships only 30k as first week shipments.

GhaleonEB

toypop said:
Not a surprise since asian GoW has been sold well in import shops in akiba.(#1 on chart since launch)
But I heard it ships only 30k as first week shipments.
Well, 30k would be pretty good by 360 standards. Isn't that about what Lost Planet moved?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
sp0rsk said:
For the first couple of weeks it was impossible to find the import in Akihabara.

I remember that. The Xbox 360 thread on 2ch was hilarious during that time. Apparently quite a few people actually lined up outside of import shops to try and get a copy of it.

I reserved the Asian copy at Asobit and got it a few days after release, but it was totally sold it for a while there.

Jonnyram

Ash Sparrow said:
Animation9bat.gif
Looks like the avatar rules need stickying again :(

Cloud

chespace said:
PS3 not selling while GoW sells in Japan.

Fvcking bizarro world, man.

Also, lolz at sdf insecurity in this thread.

This comes from the professor regarding company insecurity affairs the lord of trolling the king of viral marketing. You heard it here first folks the SDF is afraid of the success of GoW in Japan and PS3 is a failure.

GhaleonEB

Cloud said:
This comes from the professor regarding company insecurity affairs the lord of trolling the king of viral marketing. You heard it here first folks the SDF is afraid of the success of GoW in Japan and PS3 is a failure.
I think your sarcasm detector is busted. Yikes.

R3Z

Cloud said:

Che has done more for this forum than most, all positive i might add.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
chespace said:
PS3 not selling while GoW sells in Japan.

Fvcking bizarro world, man.

Could someone put a bold "MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE" in his tag? This is getting ridiculous, every thread about the PS3.

I love 'em all but Che's being hella rude.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Thunderbear said:
Could someone put a bold "MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE" in his tag? This is getting ridiculous, every thread about the PS3.

I love 'em all but Che's being hella rude.

This is a thread about the PS3? No.

And what is so rude about me pointing out the strangeness of PS3 not selling in Japan while an Xbox 360 game does? It is very odd.

Everyone knows I work at MS. Why the insecurity? There's nothing viral about what I do. I'm upfront and transparent about my place of employment.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
chespace said:

And what is so rude about me pointing out the strangeness of PS3 not selling in Japan while an Xbox 360 game does? It is very odd.

Everyone knows I work at MS. Why the insecurity? There's nothing viral about what I do. I'm upfront and transparent about my place of employment.

Che? Che? This is not a PS3 thread. :lol

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Wait, would ANYONE have guessed a year or two ago that, even in the SMALLEST sense, the PS3 would be in less demand than a super-western-shooter on 360? Even a little bit? No, people would scoff and laugh a t the mere thought.

This is called irony, folks. Che merely pointed it out.

Odysseus

Banned
SnakeXs said:
Wait, would ANYONE have guessed a year or two ago that, even in the SMALLEST sense, the PS3 would be in less demand than a super-western-shooter on 360? Even a little bit? No, people would scoff and laugh a t the mere thought.

well, one could also point out that 1 game that sells well for 1 week is certainly not comparable to a full console that sells somewhat steadily over a long period of time. surely no one would suggest that gears will outsell ps3 continually, correct? and for all we know it didn't do it this past week, either. in other words, apples and oranges.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
SnakeXs said:

Dude, stop being "hella rude."

Also, I did not say that GoW was going to continue to skyrocket into the realm of jetbaby and beyond while PS3 was going to plummet into Sony's grave and mckmas8088, kittonwy, and Wollan were gonna be out of a full time job pissing their collective pants on the forums over every ps3 screenshot.

All I noted was that -- for the time being, right now, as we sit here grasping at news -- it is strange to see GoW selling out and such while PS3 languish on shelves in Japan. I mean, whodathunk a game like GoW would appeal to a Japanese audience while PS3 wouldn't be the hottest thing since ... well, PS2?

So quit with the fvcking console war paranoia.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
SnakeXs said:

Well you can create false demand by shipping like 2 copies per shops though ;)

mj1108

SnakeXs said:

So lets take bets, what will sell more this week: GoW or the PS3?

SnakeXs

Holy quoting me.

And, keep in mind, I didn't say what the situation today is (and as such, didn't say Gears is more popular than PS3... Given, i didn't say the opposite, but whatever), I merely pointed out a hypothetical about the past.

And, yeah, I gotta cut the hella rudeness. :lol

its a good game, it has good graphics....Im not surprised people are buying it...though why people flip over this is strange...its not selling as well as the quality should indicate..since there are many action game fans in Japan, I reckon many would like this game if they gave it a try..anyway some western games do well....jak series and ratchet and clank etc

Seriously the people who are doing a dance and the people who are damaging controlling are just as retarded... Neogaf always has had a love affair with sales figures though, this really is the front line hah

peace

Muppet345

chespace said:
All I noted was that -- for the time being, right now, as we sit here grasping at news -- it is strange to see GoW selling out and such while PS3 languish on shelves in Japan. I mean, whodathunk a game like GoW would appeal to a Japanese audience while PS3 wouldn't be the hottest thing since ... well, PS2?
While it would be nice, it's waaaaay too premature to say GoW is appealing to a Japanese audience. Wait until we see some numbers for that.

DCharlie

Banned
(you realize we are now terribly alone, right? Even there.)

yup - you have to be a certain age and from a certain part of a world to know what that is about. :)

the fact that that advert ends with the housewife getting a jock strap thrown at her by a stripper to the sounds of Tom Jones singing "What's new Pussy cat?" while her farmer husband trudges home to Pea and Ham soup... it just makes me question the creativity of soup advertisers these days.

Cloud

GhaleonEB said:
I think your sarcasm detector is busted. Yikes.

I think your sarcasm detector's sensitivity is adjusted too high only for Microsoft employees.

Stinkles said:
Plus his comma and or period key. I couldn't parse that at all. Mighta been a joke?

Second Microsoft employee to the rescue of the first one! We're having a viral marketing party!

chespace said:

**** no. Yet you're trolling it everywhere. The thread could have been about ****ing chocolate and I bet you'd mention PS3. Could it be because you're... insecure?

SnakeXs

NOW we're getting interesting.

*busts out popcorn trolly*

PAPCOHN GETCHA HOT STEAMY PAPCOHN!!

GhaleonEB

Cloud said:
I think your sarcasm detector's sensitivity is adjusted too high only for Microsoft employees.

Second Microsoft employee to the rescue! We're having a viral marketing party!
I think you need to look up the definition of viral marketers. And also, chill out.

DCharlie

Banned
**** no. Yet you're trolling it everywhere. The thread could have been about ****ing chocolate and I bet you'd mention PS3. Could it be because you're... insecure?

and you coming running in to every thread to go on about PS3 bashing (this one being about a X360 game doing well in Japan and is SO LIGHT on PS3 bashing that i'm surprised your are pishing yourself so much) proves that you are the most well balanced individual on GAF?

or does it just help confirm you as an Ironic Comedy Genius?

Odysseus

Banned
Cloud said:

Second Microsoft employee to the rescue of the first one! We're having a viral marketing party!

A_paranoid_Anasazi_with_his_Aluminum_Foil_Pirate_hat.sized.jpg

Cloud said:

mental_health.jpg

Jonnyram

Cloud said:
At least he didn't get a job at SCE... then he would be feeling insecure right now.

Cloud said:

chespace said:

Thanks for proving him right. :lol

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
chespace said:
Dude, stop being "hella rude."

Also, I did not say that GoW was going to continue to skyrocket into the realm of jetbaby and beyond while PS3 was going to plummet into Sony's grave and mckmas8088, kittonwy, and Wollan were gonna be out of a full time job pissing their collective pants on the forums over every ps3 screenshot.

So quit with the fvcking console war paranoia.

This has nothing to do with SDF or whatever it is you hide behind. Fact is that you consistently put down the PS3 any chance you can get. The fact that you work on a Microsoft game makes you even more biased. Calling people insecure because they are tired of your consistent trolling is being pretty tunnel visioned.

I like my Xbox360 and PS3, but your consistent negativity which seems to only serve to put your competition down is wearing thin. If you were to balance out your opinions a bit it wouldn't be so childish, you know?

Cloud

DCharlie said:
and you coming running in to every thread to go on about PS3 bashing (this one being about a X360 game doing well in Japan and is SO LIGHT on PS3 bashing that i'm surprised your are pishing yourself so much) proves that you are the most well balanced individual on GAF?

or does it just help confirm you as an Ironic Comedy Genius?

So this thread is like the xbots turf and you can troll anything in here? Excuse me for wanting to read a ****ing thread without having every insecure viral marketeer or fanboy trolling. At least he could be more discreet e.g. buy a PS3 and make threads about PS3 issues and the negatives of PS3 games. As for the rest of the XDF who rushed here to defend their favorite viral marketeer I don't care about your opinion.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Cloud said:
So this thread is like the xbots turf and you can troll anything in here? Excuse me for wanting to read a ****ing thread without having every insecure viral marketeer or fanboy trolling. At least he could be more discreet e.g. buy a PS3 and make threads about PS3 issues and the negatives of PS3 games. As for the rest of the XDF who rushed here to defend their favorite viral marketeer I don't care about your opinion.

sigh... why even bother posting in here if you don't care about their opinions? just to kick up sh!t?

Cloud

Blackace said:
sigh... why even bother posting in here if you don't care about their opinions? just to kick up sh!t?

I think you confuse the usual trolls and hypocrites that are pissing me off with the usual xbots who always rush to defend them.

Blackace

Cloud said:
I think you confuse the usual trolls and hypocrites that are pissing me off with the usual xbots who always rush to defend them.

not really.. you are just being loud in thread about an 360 in Japan... as of today the PS3 isn't selling that well here.. but the 360 isn't exactly lighting the world on fire here in Japan as well... so what is your beef? why are you so pissed off about this?

adelante

Blackace said:
not really.. you are just being loud in thread about an 360 in Japan... as of today the PS3 isn't selling that well here.. but the 360 isn't exactly lighting the world on fire here in Japan as well... so what is your beef? why are you so pissed off about this?
He's troubled at the fact that che, of all people, is seemingly putting the PS3 in the negative light in a thread that's somewhat celebrating the ability for Gears, of all titles, to actually fly off the shelves in Japan.

Yeah, beats me.

R3Z

Blackace said:

I think Che really hurt his feelings. I think he might not make it through the night. Maybe Che should apologize ?

Blackace

R3Z said:
I think Che really hurt his feelings. I think he might not make it through the night. Maybe Che should apologize ?

ok Che say you are sorry... :lol

Haunted

john tv said:
It's not gonna sell here. Move along.
I thought it's sold out
just like Dead Rising. :(

vissione said:
NO ****ING WAY IS THIS TRUE? A BIG REASON WHY I NEED A PS3 IS TO EXPERIENCE SOLID STATE SOCIETY IN HD. LINK PLEASE?
Innocence > Solid State Society, but GitS > all.
actually, SAC + 2nd GIG > all, but TV series don't count. :p

Dalauz said:
awesome.

chespace said:
harsh.

Cloud

Blackace said:

Yeah I'm in a thread about 360 in Japan the story has nothing to do with the ****ing PS3. I didn't come here to read about the SDF's insecurity and PS3's failure bullshit from the Microsoft viral marketeer who mentions PS3 all the time. Excuse me for having high standards of this forum by asking from some fanboys not to ruin every ****ing thread with their fud.

R3Z

Cloud said:
Yeah I'm in a thread about 360 in Japan, the story has nothing to do with the ****ing PS3. I didn't come here to read about the SDF's insecurity and PS3's failure bullshit from the Microsoft viral marketeer who mentions PS3 all the time. Excuse me for having high standards of this forum by asking from some fanboys not to ruin every ****ing thread with their fud.

So why not PM a mod instead of railroading this damn thread ?

Top Bottom