• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Judgement |OT| Brothers from the beginning, Bros till the end

Matchew

I wasn't going to get this, but hype has gotten to me today and I preordered it today...love me some of that co-op

Good work OP, great OT.

That Lie, Cheat, Steal bit was what sealed it for me. Brings back the memories when i used to watch the fella wrestle ages ago. He's still not actively wrestling anymore, is he?

Don't forget that On disc DLC being held back.

BEeR5MiCAAAaC0X.jpg

Lunchbox

Banned
It sets the tone though. This'll be a troll thread with a dab of butt-hurt for a while.

And fuckin-A this is not a series that lives or dies purely on its multiplayer.

the gears community is lighthearted and self-secure (like our leader Cliffy). No one wanted a PR cum guzzle thread

This game doesnt need one of those threads to sell well, it has the Gears name on the box. besides pxg wasnt going to do the thread because he apparently hates the game and the Epic PR girls got stuck in a snow storm before I hit submit.

but since you asked I added this to the bottom of the OP -

Launch trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R9Jof28jANY
AWFUL Commercial - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCbQ_3yVVBM

MormaPope

Banned
I'd nominate this as one of the best OT's of 2013, I'm going to see how you day one thrill seekers think of the game before thinking about taking the dive.

JimiNutz

Banned
It's Gears so I'll be there day one regardless. I think campaign sounds like the best one yet so am pretty excited for that.

Is it 100% confirmed that DBNO is removed from MP?
I thought it was only removed from Free For All (which makes perfect sense). Is it really removed from all other game types?
There are executions in the game because I've seen videos of them. There is also an Execution mode so I know they haven't removed Executions completely....

the gears community is lighthearted and self-secure (like our leader Cliffy). No one wanted a PR cum guzzle thread

This game doesnt need one of those threads to sell well, it has the Gears name on the box. besides pxg wasnt going to do the thread because he apparently hates the game and the Epic PR girls got stuck in a snow storm before I hit submit.
Yeah, didn't mean to get on anyone's case. Guess I was hoping for more info/resources on the game than I've run into so far. I've seen all the PR videos and trailers and read a few pretty vague previews, but still don't have a sense of the dynamic spawn system. Is it only when activating declassified missions? Or is it throughout the campaign proper? How much difference in locust types and numbers am I going to see when replaying these missions?

I still have no idea and held out hope that this OT might clue me in. GAF usually has some kind of inside scoop.

I'm in this thing for campaign, single-player and co-op and replayable challenges and mini-horde scenarios. From what I've gathered this is a more vertical Gears 1 like experience, with Bulletstorm score-attack elements and mini horde battles, all of which sounds fucking perfect for me right now. So day one unless I hear something horrible.

madmackem

Dat ot, i think this is the least buzz ive seen for a gears game, none of my friends list is getting it and these where hardcore gears fans up to 3. Still going to get it, i think it looks pretty interesting and im interested in the changes.

Mik_Pad

Banned
The OT is legendary, while I hate the dumbed down MP I really like the new SP changes.
Do we know how long is the second unlockable campaign?

I was sad to find out that the PS3 is now the console of Bros(before Hos). It was a badge of honor I wore every time I played horde mode in Gears 2/3.

Looking forward to trying the new co-op modes in this one. I still haven't played the single player campaign in 3 yet. I guess since this takes place before it that I don't really need to .

Funny OT, btw. Only a Pats fan could do such fine work.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Amazing OT.

So are they not providing dedicated servers for these 4 MP maps right off the bat, or will they disable them for people that don't buy their DLC down the road?

OP is amazing.

I don't know much about this game I admit - I've passed on Gears after 2 (though I'd like to get to 3 and possibly this someday).

However, the declassified testimony system as described in the OP sounds pretty interesting. Have other games (with a greater story focus than L4D) done something similar? Seems like it could be a very novel way to approach storytelling that other mediums couldn't quite replicate.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
My bulletstorm senses were tingling from this thread and that picture made my day. I don't care if on disc dlc is a shitty practice, they got me with that one.

It's Gears so I'll be there day one regardless. I think campaign sounds like the best one yet so am pretty excited for that.

Is it 100% confirmed that DBNO is removed from MP?
I thought it was only removed from Free For All (which makes perfect sense). Is it really removed from all other game types?
There are executions in the game because I've seen videos of them. There is also an Execution mode so I know they haven't removed Executions completely....

Dnbo Not in any mode except execution which will be in on the first free DLC

Only ships with 4 maps but 2 extra on free DLC hopefully multi maps and not overrun!

Does anyone know if we'll be able to map the controls to the classic Gears layout; with the D-pad used to switch weapons for instance. Thanks.

What does "PGR4-ing" a game mean? I'm not OG enough.

It's a reference to how Microsoft treated PGR4. Releasing to no fanfare, no advertising, etc. Their treatment of PGR was pretty disgusting to see, they treated it as the black sheep of their release line up, which is strange as it also happened to be the best PPGR released to date.

Well, it's tied first with PGR2.

Anyway, that doesn't apply here, so it;s odd to see people suggest they are doing the same. There's ample advertising on the dashboard, etc. We'll see if they push the boat out with a massive ad campaign, my gut tells me they won't, but they also won't leave it hanging like they did with PGR4.

lol I'm a gears fan and I love the OP. I'd love to see more levity in future OTs. Some of our past OTs are needlessly crazy.

Anyway, I wasn't too hyped for this at first, but I'm warming to it. We should applaud Epic some taking some risks with their IP. I don't want a boring clone of Gears 3.

Mascot

Great OP, had me laughing out loud.

Long-time Gears fan here with no interest in getting this game.*

*until the inevitable price implosion.

Top Bottom