• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Judgement |OT| Brothers from the beginning, Bros till the end

smik

People complain all the time when sequels are just more of the same, and now a dev actually does try something different and everyone gets all teary eyed that they changed anything. I am glad they switched things up after there already being 3 games that play very similar within 1 gen.

These guys happen to be the most respected by the community & even EPIC recognized them and invited them to their own EPIC studio months ago, all these guys have been pretty positive up until than. On your second point, GOW has gone through plethora of changes through its life cycle, from GOW/1>2>3 and all are not the same from a focus and design point, GOWJ though is just on another stratosphere.

GOW1: Designed around Execution
GOW2: Warzone
GOW3: Team Deathmatch
GOWJ: Free For All

all completely different design focus points, so where is the consistency? where are they taking this franchise?

honestly its all in the player pool numbers just have a look, today online the numbers were

1300+ Team Deathmatch
1100+ Overrun
800+ Execution

Worldwide.

If thats not a kick in the pants then i dont know what is, GOW1/2/3 never had those numbers so quick after launch I have seen these numbers considerable drop over the past couple of weeks, but i have also seen them higher around 3000+ on weekends given modes but those drops are scary, im sure EPIC is watching those numbers and are in complete shock.

Being a Gears MP fan is just tiresome, just when they do something completely right with GOW3 we get something like GOWJ that totally throws the faith gamers have in your product, numbers dont lie, the players are dropping, its no coincidence.

The numbers for GoWJ have been terrible since day 1. A $60 spinoff was never going to do big numbers, and then all the negativity over 4 MAPS really hurt it as well. Back when the game was first announced they said it was going to be experimental and that they were going to try some new things out. I just dont get all the complaining about the changes. Everyones Gears 3 disks still work. It isnt even a numbered sequel, so its not like people had to play it because they didnt want to miss out on more of Marcus' story. I think more devs should take chances like this. People bury the CoD games for all playing the same but then they freak out when games like Halo 4 or GowJ make radical changes.

smik

I don't even need to read smik's post. I'm sure he's right.

lmfao, i fucking love you.

edit

EPIC have been more than Experimental spanning over 4 titles, even when they find the right mix (GOW3&1) they still manage to screw things up. If EPIC/PCF want radical change create a new IP, dont shit up your AAA franchise and screw with the direction of your MP design.
PCF would have been better suited making this a Bulletstorm MP spinoff than this, dont screw with the people that actually play
and buy your games.

I wish that gears 3 had more support after all this time, looking at the 'event' list in gears 3 multi just shows release dates for the already out DLC, why is there no more big head weekends? or some random tuesday special map rotation night, or anything like that?

I can understand that they made judgement a FFA style game, it's kind of a shame the game had to do that and I can see why, to attract the cod crowd a little bit.

People complain all the time when sequels are just more of the same, and now a dev actually does try something different and everyone gets all teary eyed that they changed anything. I am glad they switched things up after there already being 3 games that play very similar within 1 gen.

Change is fine. The problem is they've changed the fundamental mechanics of what makes the series great in an attempt to make it more vanilla. And almost all of the changes are ones no one was asking for.

They changed the controls. They changed how aiming works. They changed how maps are designed. They changed the hallmarks of the game (DBNO, executions, Locusts). Etc.

Change is fine. The problem is they've changed the fundamental mechanics of what makes the series great in an attempt to make it more vanilla. And almost all of the changes are ones no one was asking for.

They changed the controls. They changed how aiming works. They changed how maps are designed. They changed the hallmarks of the game (DBNO, executions, Locusts). Etc.

How can you say no one was asking for these changes? People were absolutely asking for changes, and a lot of the changes are great. I love the new maps, they are by far the best maps in any of the games. Adding verticality was such a great idea. I cant imagine how terrible it would be to go back to the old games were you cant quickly move off of a ledge. That 1 changes makes the combat feel so much more fluid. I also think that using Y to switch weapons, and tap LB for quick grenades are great changes. DBNO is back in now with execution, and I think that is the way it should be. The really only bad change is losing locust character models, but the same thing happened with Halo as well. There are definitely things they could improve on, like making stim grenades heal anyone in the circle, but overall I think that the changes are definitely for the best and I hope they form the basis for the next Gears game.

2San

How can you say no one was asking for these changes? People were absolutely asking for changes, and a lot of the changes are great. I love the new maps, they are by far the best maps in any of the games. Adding verticality was such a great idea. I cant imagine how terrible it would be to go back to the old games were you cant quickly move off of a ledge. That 1 changes makes the combat feel so much more fluid. I also think that using Y to switch weapons, and tap LB for quick grenades are great changes. DBNO is back in now with execution, and I think that is the way it should be. The really only bad change is losing locust character models, but the same thing happened with Halo as well. There are definitely things they could improve on, like making stim grenades heal anyone in the circle, but overall I think that the changes are definitely for the best and I hope they form the basis for the next Gears game.
No one asked for 1 primary weapon only. No one asked for these shitty huge ass maps. The ability to jump of ledges is great, but what's the point when the maps are shit? Haven is the only somewhat decent map. No one asked for the new TDM format. No asked for the removal of Locust. It straight up the most boring Gears game. Gears 2 was broken, but at least had some tension and teamplay. Gears:J is at it's core a game created for soloists. I'm already bored with the game. The game got boring so fast. It feels like I'm playing CoD. No map control, no nothing just random encounters.

Played some Gears 3 the other day, people where actually using the rifles and team play. My Gnasher skills improved a lot though, since it's the only weapon I use in Gears:J. Gears:J is a complete joke for competitive play and the game is the most gnasher centric game of them all.

JB1981

I like three of the changes, 1.) weapon switching on Y, 2.) quick-toss grenade with LB and 3.) easily dropping down/falling off ledges.

Yes the map design has a very lone wolf, call of duty feel. nothing like the other games.

2San

The two changes they made that I like are 1.) using Y to switch weapons and 2.) being able to jump/drop down easily off ledges. That's pretty much it.
Yeah I enjoyed these changes as well. I liked center screen aiming(for rifles/snipers/torque) as well, getting head shots is more consistent now in my experience. The ability to get collaterals with the long shots is cool too. Would love to see these changes in future Gears games.

they are by far the best maps in any of the games.

No offense, but you are out of your mind. The DLC for Gears 3 had amazing maps. Almost all of them were incredible. GOWJ maps have terrible sight lines for the most part and are big reason why everyone just uses the gnasher. Virtually everything else is useless.

No one asked for these shitty huge ass maps.

This. I spend more time in TDM looking for enemies then I do fighting. It's terrible.

As for these 3:

1.) weapon switching on Y,

I don't object to this, but it removes a bit of tactics. Instantly switching weapons means you don't have to use strategy to plan encounters. It's so fun to get caught with a rifle in your hand when someone is trying to merc you with a gnasher, so you dodge around till you switch and then engage.

2.) quick-toss grenade with LB

The one thing gears did not need is grenade spam. It's one of the worst things about the COD franchise.

Now the first thing everyone does is toss a grenade. It's terrible.

3.) easily dropping down/falling off ledges.

This is great. Would be better with DBNO.

No offense, but you are out of your mind. The DLC for Gears 3 had amazing maps. Almost all of them were incredible. GOWJ maps have terrible sight lines for the most part and are big reason why everyone just uses the gnasher. Virtually everything else is useless.

I love the vertical element. It adds a layer of strategy that the other games dont have. If you see someone below you, you can try to drop behind them but it will also damage you making it easier for them to kill you. I also like when someone chases you upstairs and you roll off the side and now you are chasing them.

smik

I feel like im being trolled lol

GOWJ: has the best maps.

those 4 maps? i dont think you played any previous MP titiles with that statement.

look im not even going to point out any of the amazing retail maps from GOW1/2/3

Heck, The 4 MP maps in the GOW3 beta trump any of these maps, id go as far to say that the GOW3 mp beta was way more repayable, balanced and entertaining, and that was free.

Changes?

we just came off a amazing GOW3 title (after the GOW2 debacle) with vigorous pre launch Beta testing that proved very productive, all community feedback was taken on board and EPIC actually listen and applied appropriate "subtle" changes, community was happy and EPIC delivered a kick ass experience. Never once did i didnt see a post here saying 1 Primary loadout, Bring the 2 piece back, Take out Locust, No launch Exe/DBNO, Add in Stim grenade, Buff the lancer, Add in verticality/FFA to the focus design to resemble the best GOW map ever Escalation.

damn near, no one ask's for these.

the controls though are alot better but the Vertical combat is just a industry buzz word, Gears isnt Uncharted and maps have suffered ten fold because of this also, there is a Reason why Haven is the best map out of the bunch, its because its more grounded and symmetrical.

-PXG-

These guys happen to be the most respected by the community & even EPIC recognized them and invited them to their own EPIC studio months ago, all these guys have been pretty positive up until than. On your second point, GOW has gone through plethora of changes through its life cycle, from GOW/1>2>3 and all are not the same from a focus and design point, GOWJ though is just on another stratosphere.

GOW1: Designed around Execution
GOW2: Warzone
GOW3: Team Deathmatch
GOWJ: Free For All

all completely different design focus points, so where is the consistency? where are they taking this franchise?

honestly its all in the player pool numbers just have a look, today online the numbers were

1300+ Team Deathmatch
1100+ Overrun
800+ Execution

Worldwide.

If thats not a kick in the pants then i dont know what is, GOW1/2/3 never had those numbers so quick after launch I have seen these numbers considerable drop over the past couple of weeks, but i have also seen them higher around 3000+ on weekends given modes but those drops are scary, im sure EPIC is watching those numbers and are in complete shock.

Being a Gears MP fan is just tiresome, just when they do something completely right with GOW3 we get something like GOWJ that totally throws the faith gamers have in your product, numbers dont lie, the players are dropping, its no coincidence.

No one asked for 1 primary weapon only. No one asked for these shitty huge ass maps. The ability to jump of ledges is great, but what's the point when the maps are shit? Haven is the only somewhat decent map. No one asked for the new TDM format. No asked for the removal of Locust. It straight up the most boring Gears game. Gears 2 was broken, but at least had some tension and teamplay. Gears:J is at it's core a game created for soloists. I'm already bored with the game. The game got boring so fast. It feels like I'm playing CoD. No map control, no nothing just random encounters.

Played some Gears 3 the other day, people where actually using the rifles and team play. My Gnasher skills improved a lot though, since it's the only weapon I use in Gears:J. Gears:J is a complete joke for competitive play and the game is the most gnasher centric game of them all.

Quoting all of these for truth.

-PXG-

those 4 maps? i dont think you played any previous MP titiles with that statement.

look im not even going to point out any of the amazing retail maps from GOW1/2/3

Heck, The 4 MP maps in the GOW3 beta trump any of these maps, id go as far to say that the GOW3 mp beta was way more repayable, balanced and entertaining, and that was free.

Changes?

we just came off a amazing GOW3 title (after the GOW2 debacle) with vigorous pre launch Beta testing that proved very productive, all community feedback was taken on board and EPIC actually listen and applied appropriate "subtle" changes, community was happy and EPIC delivered a kick ass experience. Never once did i didnt see a post here saying 1 Primary loadout, Bring the 2 piece back, Take out Locust, No launch Exe/DBNO, Add in Stim grenade, Buff the lancer, Add in verticality/FFA to the focus design to resemble the best GOW map ever Escalation.

the controls though are alot better but the Vertical combat is just a industry buzz word, Gears isnt Uncharted and maps have suffered ten fold because of this also, there is a Reason why Haven is the best map out of the bunch, its because its more grounded and symmetrical.

This too.

Is funny, the first weekend this was out me and Swee2th were talking about how dreadful the online population. You'd expect the numbers to be higher its opening weekend. Guess not.

This game was never even on the map to begin with, unfortunately.

I finally got a chance to try this over the weekend.

I went into it expecting a Gears game and I hated it. The next day I tried it again and told myself it had nothing to do with Gears other than the name and not to try to play it the same way I did the previous three games. This helped and I had a few enjoyable matches, but it just feels very average now. All of the things that made Gears what it is have been ousted. This game has no identity.

And my god I've never been two pieced so much in my life. What happened to the Gears 3 shotgun that actually worked? It's a dice roll again where I'll unload on someone pointblank only for them to absorb the shot and two piece me to death. Lame.

JB1981

I finally got a chance to try this over the weekend.

I went into it expecting a Gears game and I hated it. The next day I tried it again and told myself it had nothing to do with Gears other than the name and not to try to play it the same way I did the previous three games. This helped and I had a few enjoyable matches, but it just feels very average now. All of the things that made Gears what it is have been ousted. This game has no identity.

And my god I've never been two pieced so much in my life. What happened to the Gears 3 shotgun that actually worked? It's a dice roll again where I'll unload on someone pointblank only for them to absorb the shot and two piece me to death. Lame.

No more active reload.

-PXG-

Yep.

To some up this game in one sentence:

Gears of War Judgement has no identity.

Gears 2 is better than this. At least that game knew what it wanted to be and still held on to the core elements that made the franchise great. Judgement is an awful misstep. Go back!

Changes?

I liked the Gears 3 maps, especially the DLC but all those maps are so flat they are just move from one cover to the next. I like them adding height to the levels. I dont think it was a buzz word at all. The maps in GoWJ play totally different then the maps in the other games. I would like to see slightly smaller maps but in FFA you really are going from 1 fight to the next, there is almost no down time at all.

-PXG-

Blergh. Fucking EPIC. Suck it up and realise that the Gnasher is the primary differentiator between your game and the plethora of other shitty shooters out there; it is why fans of the series hang around, so stop trying to bury it.

Thank you.

Bbbbbbbbut but BBB but accessibility...wider audience.

Bitch please. Epic needs to realize that the Gnasher, CQC, small maps, DBNO, Locusts and executions are what made Gears unique and different from everything else.

Thank you.

Bbbbbbbbut but BBB but accessibility...wider audience.

Ironic, sadly.

I can golly darn guarantee they would have sold more copies if they'd just put some new gloss on the GOW3 formula, added a few weapons, new maps, new characters etc than the mess they actually put out.

1300+ Team Deathmatch
1100+ Overrun
800+ Execution

Worldwide.

Don't know what your drinking

The pools are
campaign
Overrun
Domination
Free for all
Team death match DLC
Domination DLC
Execution
Free for all DLC
Team death match DLC
Domination VIP
Free for all VIP
Team death match VIP
Special

But yeah they have tooooo many playlists!

Don't know what your drinking

The pools are
campaign
Overrun
Domination
Free for all
Team death match DLC
Domination DLC
Execution
Free for all DLC
Team death match DLC
Domination VIP
Free for all VIP
Team death match VIP
Special

But yeah they have tooooo many playlists!

yup might be a few too many playlists. someone correct me if i'm wrong though

campaign

overrun ranked
overrun quickmatch
overrun VIP ranked
overrun VIP quickmatch

domination ranked
domination quickmatch
domination VIP ranked
domination VIP quickmatch
domination DLC ranked
domination DLC quickmatch

TDM ranked
TDM quickmatch
TDM VIP ranked
TDM VIP quickmatch
TDM DLC ranked
TDM DLC quickmatch

Free for All ranked
Free for All quickmatch
Free for All VIP ranked
Free for All VIP quickmatch
Free for All DLC ranked
Free for All DLC quickmatch

Execution ranked
Execution quickmatch
Execution VIP ranked
Execution VIP quickmatch

Survivor

Weekly event

DaNcaKe

campaign

overrun ranked
overrun quickmatch
overrun VIP ranked
overrun VIP quickmatch

domination ranked
domination quickmatch
domination VIP ranked
domination DLC ranked

TDM ranked
TDM quickmatch
TDM VIP ranked
TDM VIP quickmatch
TDM DLC ranked
TDM DLC quickmatch

Free for All ranked
Free for All quickmatch
Free for All VIP ranked
Free for All DLC ranked

Execution ranked
Execution quickmatch
Execution VIP ranked
Execution VIP quickmatch

Survivor

Weekly event

Quite clearly didn't learn from their mistakes with Gears 3 and the excess playlists. All it does is fragment the community.

Its only going to get worse with the release of DLC. I hated Gears 2 but the online on that was so much better when it was just ranked match, people actually tried to win instead of just playing for XP and cheevos.

campaign

overrun ranked
overrun quickmatch
overrun VIP ranked
overrun VIP quickmatch

domination ranked
domination quickmatch
domination VIP ranked
domination DLC ranked

TDM ranked
TDM quickmatch
TDM VIP ranked
TDM VIP quickmatch
TDM DLC ranked
TDM DLC quickmatch

Free for All ranked
Free for All quickmatch
Free for All VIP ranked
Free for All DLC ranked

Execution ranked
Execution quickmatch
Execution VIP ranked
Execution VIP quickmatch

Survivor

Weekly event

Lol yup, I think some at epic got too excited creating playlists

I don't see the logic in all the lists!

Sort it out epicgames!

Lol yup, I think some at epic got too excited creating playlists

I don't see the logic in all the lists!

Sort it out epicgames!
Epic is fucked up since gears 3 to include quickmatch. Sure its quick but it just negates all competition from ranked match. People play it now to get a few cool wins and shit again team half filled with bots yet ranked match has fewer people playing.

Thank you. Bbbbbbbbut but BBB but accessibility...wider audience.

Yep. 'Tis the sad truth right there, man. Look, if you were to kill the Gnasher, you'd more or less be killing Gears for me, but it would be absolutely remiss to ignore the rest of the arsenal. Gears 3 was magical in that it struck such a great balance between the roles of shotguns (except for the SOS), rifles and power weapons. I mean, take the Digger... Fucking brilliant; one of my favourite additions to the series.

Moreover, they've pretty much abandoned the overarching Gears mission statement: to create a tactical, team-based shooter with a heavy emphasis on TEAMWORK, input mastery, CQC and risk-reward payoff. These ideals are but a shadow of what they once were.

Sure, the CQC is there, but it's messy. Everything is messy. I would get sweaty palms even in Gears 3 TDM due to it being me against 3 or 4 remaining guys. I could win only with skill; not by snagging the Boomshot right next to my spawn or happening upon some poor bastard who's been made a fool of by the extremely exploitative/nonsensical map layouts.

That being said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still enjoying myself, because at its core, Gears is my type of game. The recent Vanquish thread just made me think, "wow, so here's a lot of people who haven't played Gears 3 MP". It is a deliciously controlling, moving and looking game that plays like no other shooter. I'll always love it for that. It's just a shame that they decided to open a lot of the doors we see in Judgment and close a lot that we came to love throughout the series (the primary examples being the axing of executions and the Locust; no amount of facepalm gifs will ever be able to quantify these decisions).

I see no point in the VIP playlist, why not just x2 the xp at the end of any round for vip users? like it's been said it just fragments an already small user base.

boinx

I'm curious, does Gears 3 still have a healthy MP? I'm itching to get back in to it after not playing it for months

JB1981

Epic is fucked up since gears 3 to include quickmatch. Sure its quick but it just negates all competition from ranked match. People play it now to get a few cool wins and shit again team half filled with bots yet ranked match has fewer people playing.

Quick match is all I play. There is no reason for me to play ranked.

Yep. 'Tis the sad truth right there, man. Look, if you were to kill the Gnasher, you'd more or less be killing Gears for me, but it would be absolutely remiss to ignore the rest of the arsenal. Gears 3 was magical in that it struck such a great balance between the roles of shotguns (except for the SOS), rifles and power weapons. I mean, take the Digger... Fucking brilliant; one of my favourite additions to the series.

Moreover, they've pretty much abandoned the overarching Gears mission statement: to create a tactical, team-based shooter with a heavy emphasis on TEAMWORK, input mastery, CQC and risk-reward payoff. These ideals are but a shadow of what they once were.

Sure, the CQC is there, but it's messy. Everything is messy. I would get sweaty palms even in Gears 3 TDM due to it being me against 3 or 4 remaining guys. I could win only with skill; not by snagging the Boomshot right next to my spawn or happening upon some poor bastard who's been made a fool of by the extremely exploitative/nonsensical map layouts.

That being said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still enjoying myself, because at its core, Gears is my type of game. The recent Vanquish thread just made me think, "wow, so here's a lot of people who haven't played Gears 3 MP". It is a deliciously controlling, moving and looking game that plays like no other shooter. I'll always love it for that. It's just a shame that they decided to open a lot of the doors we see in Judgment and close a lot that we came to love throughout the series (the primary examples being the axing of executions and the Locust; no amount of facepalm gifs will ever be able to quantify these decisions).

uhm people would just grenade tag around corners when they were shorthanded. That shit was cheaper then anything in any other Gears game. Also there were tons of power weapons on the maps in Gears 3, where you spawn in relation to them doesnt matter at the end of the match.

monome

a very general statement from an average gamer who has played every game and been playing MP too :

Judgment is nice.
but not quite there yet.

As far as the IP is concerned, I'm not writting it down as far as potential next-gen purchases are concerned.
Afte 3, I thought I was out, and I don't love Judgment, but over the course of the SP, I've warmed up to the transition.
I'm way far from an expert on the genre, but there definitely has been major tweaks to the formula, and although I'm not the biggest fan of the more "wavy" oriented environments, and the less outrageously cinematic presntation, I think Judgment paves the way for a Gears future that's not so outrageously in your face and clustefuckly "epic" in both story and "bro-ness".
Hopefully the transition into next-gen will prove to be as successful as the first game reveal was.

I play commando style, and although it's not efficient in MP, the possibilties offered by systemic gameplay and co-op are enough for me to consider wanting to play some more Gears in the future.

short version : Gears co-op is a videogames pillar IMO.

I'm curious, does Gears 3 still have a healthy MP? I'm itching to get back in to it after not playing it for months

Typically most rooms are still filled. Last night seemed to be an exception as there were bots everywhere. But just about any time I play almost every room I go into is full or nearly full (or fills up part of the way through the match).

Quick match is all I play. There is no reason for me to play ranked.

This. I've got 1700 TDM matches. Why play ranked? I don't have time to wait 5 minutes for the room to populate and playing that list benefits me none.

I saw a vid online about how in GOWJ no one can go clutch anymore because of the new point system. Never thought about it, but he's right. There's nothing like being one on 3 and pulling that beast out...even the final 1v1s are ALWAYS heart pounding. Feels like the whole world is watching. :)

uhm people would just grenade tag around corners when they were shorthanded

A valid tactic and easy to counter. Point is it was a tactic. GOWJ is a bunch of blind corners with fools camping with the power weapons that they just spawned next to.

Quick match should be what its name implies; a quick playlist used for practice or to have fun. IMO if leaderboard rankings, xp and medal progress were taken away from quick matches they would be used for their original purpose and there would actually be an incentive to play Ranked. Competitive and not so serious players would also be split up as they should be.

Also the VIP playlists, couldn’t they have just made it so VIP players get double xp regardless of the playlist they choose? Instead they split everyone up like they did with ranked and quick. WHY

uhm people would just grenade tag around corners when they were shorthanded. That shit was cheaper then anything in any other Gears game. Also there were tons of power weapons on the maps in Gears 3, where you spawn in relation to them doesnt matter at the end of the match.

You have a point about the tagging, I guess; personally, I could take it or leave it. And while you may be correct about a corresponding number of power weapons, their placement is iffy at best.

Take Library, for example: one side has the Longshot and the other, the Boomshot. The latter is pretty much deadly in the hands of anyone who's used it maybe 2 or 3 times; the former is really only deadly in the right hands and is completely contingent on the team even possessing a pair of said hands. Basically, in an average game, the Boomshot is far more likely to yield kills than the Longshot. It is simply an unfair advantage/disadvantage. Replace it with another Longshot, or even a Torque Bow.

To further illustrate, if you're to recall the maps in Gears 3 that house a Boomshot, you'll also recall that it's positioned at the direct centre of a map that is 95% symmetrical and requires the player expose themselves quite a bit.

There's really no better way to do it. Identical or comparative power weapons at each end; uber power weapon dead centre.

EDIT: Applied practically, when was the last time in GoW:J that you raced to beat your enemy to a power weapon, rather than your teammate? Be honest :)

JB1981

You have a point about the tagging, I guess; personally, I could take it or leave it. And while you may be correct about a corresponding number of power weapons, their placement is iffy at best.

Take Library, for example: one side has the Longshot and the other, the Boomshot. The latter is pretty much deadly in the hands of anyone who's used it maybe 2 or 3 times; the former is really only deadly in the right hands and is completely contingent on the team even possessing a pair of said hands. Basically, in an average game, the Boomshot is far more likely to yield kills than the Longshot. It is simply an unfair advantage/disadvantage. Replace it with another Longshot, or even a Torque Bow.

To further illustrate, if you're to recall the maps in Gears 3 that house a Boomshot, you'll also recall that it's positioned at the direct centre of a map that is 95% symmetrical and requires the player expose themselves quite a bit.

There's really no better way to do it. Identical or comparative power weapons at each end; uber power weapon dead centre.

EDIT: Applied practically, when was the last time in GoW:J that you raced to beat your enemy to a power weapon, rather than your teammate? Be honest :)

Library has a Vulcan, a One-shot, a Boomshot and a Longshot.

You are right about having to race your teammates for the weapons. The way the maps are set up is they put the weapons on either side, so one team spawns near half the weapons and the other team spawns near the other half. It works much better in FFA then it does in the team modes. I totally agree with everyone that has said that they made GowJ for FFA, TDM seems like an afterthought. Running for the Breechshot in FFA and grabbing it and getting a headshot on the guy that was a second to slow is seriously fun. I do get if you have a group of friends to play with and you are not totally inlove with the new changes then I could see why GoWJ wouldnt be the game for you. I mostly play alone so FFA has been great for me.

I see no point in the VIP playlist, why not just x2 the xp at the end of any round for vip users? like it's been said it just fragments an already small user base.

Also the VIP playlists, couldn’t they have just made it so VIP players get double xp regardless of the playlist they choose? Instead they split everyone up like they did with ranked and quick. WHY

the reason behind the VIP playlist is for early map pack access.

The VIP Season Pass is the only way you can score a permanent double XP boost as well as a cache of exclusive armor and weapon skins, and it is your only chance to get a jump on the competition with exclusive, early access to all Game Add-on multiplayer maps. With the VIP Season Pass you will get:

-Two upcoming Game Add-on Packs that include six multiplayer maps, two new modes, and new weapon and armor skins
-Early access to Game Add-on multiplayer maps so you can be the first to play
-A permanent double XP boost to accelerate your ascent through the ranks
-Five exclusive weapon skins and four exclusive armor skins

mernst23

Did Sofia's missions last night on insane. The different spawn type enemies/weapons thing got really annoying because some combinations made it extremely hard to try and get the 3 stars. Oh well. I can't believe people are exploiting these missions with a casual player, most of them have been ridiculously simple. There's a handful of tough ones but even those have only taken 5-10 chapter reloads/attempts. Oh well, 15 down, 27 to go.

Did Sofia's missions last night on insane. The different spawn type enemies/weapons thing got really annoying because some combinations made it extremely hard to try and get the 3 stars. Oh well. I can't believe people are exploiting these missions with a casual player, most of them have been ridiculously simple. There's a handful of tough ones but even those have only taken 5-10 chapter reloads/attempts. Oh well, 15 down, 27 to go.

i did the casual cheat on the green gas section. 10 restarts was enough for me.

MjFrancis

That was Sofia's second mission I believe. I'm still stuck on getting everyone killed in time. My best runs have been with boomers at the beginning with one of their weapons in the locker ready for me to equip. That way I can reload it and drive through much quicker.

Still no such luck, though. On Normal that Declassified Mission were a breeze, so at first I didn't know what people were talking about. I maintain the SP in Judgment is pretty fucking awesome.

It's just such a shame about the MP. Splitting the playlists may have worked alright in Gears 3 with such a massive player base, but with however many less copies Judgment shipped than Gears 3 we are looking at a massive misstep by Epic and People Can Fly.

this guy streaming right now is using the Lancer and pushing people with the Gnasher and winning.

epic fixes the 2-piece and fucks up something else. I guess after the Lancer nerf we'll get another ninja tweak that nobody asked for.

Top Bottom