• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Gears of War remaster coming to Xbox One, sources say" (by Splash Damage)

Euron

If it's a full-fledged remake, shouldn't it come next year for the 10th anniversary of Gears 1? And if that's the case, then Gears 4 for 2017?

I think this is what JSchreirer was waiting on before putting up an article. As it stands all we have to go on is a leak of the splash screen of a Gears of War beta, nothing beyond that unless Polygon has sources other than all the pictures floating around.

Yup that is what i was thinking as well i will keep an eye out for Jason's piece as well.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Master Chief Collection - God Of War 3.
Gear of War - Uncharted Trilogy.

Would be funny.

I've very skeptical that we'll get a full Uncharted trilogy. Seeing how they managed the GOW3 "remaster" and that each of the games already take up a 25GB Blu-ray.

I wouldn't be surprised if Polygon was sent the same stuff Kotaku was and saw that one tweet and published that as proof of a remaster rather than having actual sources.

There's supposed to be a Gears of War thing going on with VMC, apparently.

Guymelef

I think this is what JSchreier was waiting on before putting up an article. As it stands all we have to go on is a leak of the splash screen of a Gears of War beta, nothing beyond that unless Polygon has sources other than all the pictures floating around.

Well, Polygon is pretty specific with things like the studio behind cut scenes.

Raide

Still one of the best Third Person cover shooters out there.

Now make sure they do the MP like MCC and have access to all the maps, modes and classes etc in one area. Especially Horde mode.

Guess they're realizing people will pay just as much for a remaster of one game as they would for a trilogy. Ty TLoU

The Last of Us is a standalone game though. Gears 1 is part of a trilogy. It's pretty stupid to only release the first entry.

Now, if they plan on releasing the other games as well in the future, I'm a bit more ok with this.

Maybe after MCC, one game at a time is for the best. Nothing matches up to the Xbox Live games me and my dad shared on the original Gears.

Still a big highlight in my gaming life till this day.

NIGHT-

The Last of Us is a standalone game though. Gears 1 is part of a trilogy. It's pretty stupid to only release the first entry.

Still a standalone remaster that released for $50 and had a lot of success. Now God of war 3 and most likely gears will follow in its footsteps

Noobcraft

I've very skeptical that we'll get a full Uncharted trilogy. Seeing how they managed the GOW3 "remaster" and that each of the games already take up a 25GB Blu-ray.
I also seriously doubt it. An uncharted trilogy remastered would likely take over 100GB of HD space (TLOU:R is 40+GB).

etta

my hard graphic balls
What the hell, just the first one? I loved Gears of War 2's multiplayer a lot more, but the price better be 29.99 or under for just the first. What a shame. They also better have some gameplay trailer of Gears of War 2016, and not just a tiny teaser like they did with Halo 5 when announcing Halo MCC. Although we did get to see more of Halo 5 right away because of the beta.

NateDrake

Gears of War 1 multiplayer was perfection. Just need dedicated servers so there is no more host advantage and they have my money.

Boke1879

Kinda OT but with this coming out. I feel the MS conference is going to be spoiled again before the actual show. We have a general idea of what WILL be shown and with this "leak" coming out I feel like as time goes on more info will leak out about their E3 conference

hawk2025

You guys are acting like the decision of releasing a 2-disc game is somehow more of a limitation in planning than whether or not to spend the resources and the value decision of developing THREE games rather than one.

C'mon, people.

Madness

While I loved the multi-player of Gears 3, I'm okay with just remastering the first. Most memorable campaign and multi-player for me. I played it nonstop since emergence day, all the way up to Halo 3 release. Hopefully they can fill in some backstory for the last acts. It was rushed and you literally went too quickly onto a train against RAAM etc.

Liamc723

You guys are acting like the decision of releasing a 2-disc game is somehow more of a limitation in planning than whether or not to spend the resources and the value decision of developing THREE games rather than one.

C'mon, people.

A 2 disc game? What?

Top Bottom