• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Win 10 |OT| Down But Not Out

Gears

So..m is every mode but tdm really dead? I'm a gears fanatic (heh) and id love to jump back in now that I have Windows 10. But if it's just tdm, nahhh.

Afro

Hello –

We are releasing a new Title Update for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Tuesday March 29th in the morning and early afternoon hours Pacific Time. Below are the update notes that are included in this Title Update.

These guys are doing a great job, honestly. Hope this removes all stutter in single player.
And they add cross-play.

Kezen

Banned
The previous update already took care of the mild stutter I was running into so this update did nothing for me.
60fps locked, for real this time.

At launch there were no bugs (crashes or visual instabilities) but performance could become questionable on occasion with my 4770k/gtx 980 combo.

Afro

The previous update already took care of the mild stutter I was running into so this update did nothing for me.
60fps locked, for real this time.

At launch there were no bugs (crashes or visual instabilities) but performance could become questionable on occasion with my 4770k/gtx 980 combo.

You had zero loading stutter in campaign? Hard to believe. Multi is buttery smooth tho.

Akoi

Glad to see they are still supporting this. Hope they add cross-play one day. I might breakdown and buy this next month.

Kezen

Banned
You had zero loading stutter in campaign? Hard to believe. Multi is buttery smooth tho.

I did run into some very mild stutter in SP, with the launch version indeed.
SSD + 16gb of RAM do help.

None with the previous update. No performance issues but can't be impressed still. It does not strike me as a game which should drop frames.

dmix90

Game works really well for me after this patch! Haven't noticed any stutters yet and framerate is solid 60 on single 970 with ultra textures at 1080p. 4k textures seemed not as smooth but very playable during benchmark and brief gameplay session. Good job Coalition! :)

Now its time to revive dead MP by bringing cross-play. Oh and promised mGPU support would be really sweet for that 4k. Pls.

Bulk_Rate

Gears GAF help !

I bought this on my Win10 box to play with a crew of Xbox One friends. I can join and participate in MP games (Vs or Horde) but cannot join parties or party voice chat.

The Live app says my NAT is strict and "Teredo unable to qualify" and also that server connectivity is blocked.

The problem is, I have forwarded all the proper ports (TWICE, reset router and tried from scratch) and removed/reinstalled the Teredo tunneling thing. Basically I have followed every guide @ MS and the Gears site without luck. I know how to port forward as I've done it for lots of other software successfully.

My router is an Arris TG1672 --

Anyone else unable to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what the current state is with the game, but I do recall several issues with port-forwarding back around launch. Correctly opening and testing ports and still unable to connect with other players was just one of the problems I had with this title. Sorry I couldn't be specifically more helpful, but I thought I'd let you know before you do something like waste more time trying to port forward something that probably still has connectivity issues.

Bulk_Rate

I'm not sure what the current state is with the game, but I do recall several issues with port-forwarding back around launch. Correctly opening and testing ports and still unable to connect with other players was just one of the problems I had with this title. Sorry I couldn't be specifically more helpful, but I thought I'd let you know before you do something like waste more time trying to port forward something that probably still has connectivity issues.

I appreciate that -- i gave all of the suggested steps one last try and gave up. I am just going to use Skype w/ my Xbox one friends. Hopefully that doesn't blow up.

Top Bottom