• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Win 10 |OT| Down But Not Out

Geedorah

I get a credit card error each time I try to purchase from the Win10 store.

Pity, I have this for XBOX but I much prefer PC. Hopefully it will fix shortly.

drGonz0o

Neo Member
The biggest problem for Gears was always too many playlists and low population. I had this problem with Gears 3 as well. Is it really necessary to have Blitz and KOTH? They are essentially the same mode with different settings.
Now I can only find matches in TDM, and it's boring.

tuna_love

Banned
I feel like I'm blind. I can't find the update anywhere. I'm in the windows store but I don't see anywhere for updates.
you can find the gears game it should say update instead of play. or click on your circular picture and click updates from the drop down thing

The biggest problem for Gears was always too many playlists and low population. I had this problem with Gears 3 as well. Is it really necessary to have Blitz and KOTH? They are essentially the same mode with different settings.
Now I can only find matches in TDM, and it's boring.

Didn't the original Gears only have 3? Warzone, Execution and Assassination? Not sure why they added all these others.

Not sure why they added all the characters from Gears 3 either, you would think that would be a bit confusing for somebody that never played the Xbox games.

Melchior

How is the execution population? It's the only game mode I enjoyed throughout the series. So many hours spent playing it.

chixdiggit

Game runs much better for me after the update. Had a few good versus rounds. I am more of a Gears horde guy though. Hopefully we get the other Gears games as well.

Stuggling with the keyboard in this. I just can't get comfortable with the movement. Anyone got any ideas for rebindings, sensivity changes, tips, etc...

dLMN8R

Most people will get the update automatically. If you don't have the update, the game will give you a one-click button to take you to the Store to update.

Stuggling with the keyboard in this. I just can't get comfortable with the movement. Anyone got any ideas for rebindings, sensivity changes, tips, etc...

I am too bro. I need some people to just practice with, running around in private lobbies and such. Trying to learn KB/M is nuts right now, it seems only pro players are active. Getting stomped when I use KB/M because I'm all disoriented, and getting stomped using controller-cause all the high caliber players are using KB/M and wrecking me.

Let me if you want to mess around in a private game later.

SliChillax

Just found another shit feature. Can't sign to Xbox Live at the moment so I can't even play the game in offline mode.

5ijDry4.png

Try this out.

I am too bro. I need some people to just practice with, running around in private lobbies and such. Trying to learn KB/M is nuts right now, it seems only pro players are active. Getting stomped when I use KB/M because I'm all disoriented, and getting stomped using controller-cause all the high caliber players are using KB/M and wrecking me.

Let me if you want to mess around in a private game later.

Sounds exactly like my experience so far ;_;

Playing with a group so I've got to try power through this difficult period. Cheers for the private game offer anyway

Try this out.

Cheers

[drama]
I hate to bail on ya; but I can't do it anymore.

I can't get an open NAT, I am constantly getting disconnected when I DO find a match, I can't connect with friends, lag is just as bad as I remember in Gears 1 (wasn't there supposed to be dedicated servers?).

I don't want to go into detail about my unsatisfaction, so I'll just keep it short.

Gears is my favorite all time PVP game, and it legitimately upsets me to see it like this.

I will be back on board if things turn around, but $$ is tight, and a refund is the best option for me at this time.

I hope those of you who manage to get games consistently, or otherwise are unaffected by some of the issues this game has, do have fun with it. This is an incredible game, after all.
[/drama]

This is my first time really getting to sink my teeth into Gears and I'm having a whole lot of fun. But what in the FUCK this game has to have the worst companion AI I've ever seen and it's making me want to drop the difficulty from Hardcore. These dumb biddies keep running right to where the enemies are and getting shot in the face. Like, every time there is a enemy turret my whole squad gets mowed down. And that's if they even bother fighting because a lot of the time they are having pathfinding issues and running repeatedly walls (and don't respond to my regroup orders).

This is my first time really getting to sink my teeth into Gears and I'm having a whole lot of fun. But what in the FUCK this game has to have the worst companion AI I've ever seen and it's making me want to drop the difficulty from Hardcore. These dumb biddies keep running right to where the enemies are and getting shot in the face. Like, every time there is a enemy turret my whole squad gets mowed down. And that's if they even bother fighting because a lot of the time they are having pathfinding issues and running repeatedly walls (and don't respond to my regroup orders).

My biggest issue with GOW:UE of XB1 and the biggest detractor from my playthrough. Playing on Insane is a no go for me with companion AI like this.

Machina

Banned
How the hell do you get this patch they keep talking about to download? The app store just refuses to detect it or I'm doing something wrong.

FLAguy954

I decided to take the plunge since I'm was an avid GoW player back when I had my Xbox 360 (and $30 isn't a asking price).

My specs:
i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz
290X @ 1150/1400
1080p/122Hz Resolution
8 GB RAM

The 'occasional' hitching is pretty annoying but the games seems to be running over 60 fps in 1080p. I tried to play the game with my Xbone controller but it felt sluggish to me (I have been messing with the steam controller for the last few weeks). So I decided to change my Steam controller's desktop configuration to Mouse and Keyboard (WASD) and remap the in-game controls.

Holy shit. This franchise shines with mouse and keyboard controls. Way faster camera movement, I can roadie run without taking my thumb off of the track pad. It's a great way to play the game again after all these years :D.

Does anyone else have a strict NAT with this game but no others? Forwarded all Xbox Live ports and same thing...

Have all ports forwarded and even turned Windows Firewall off to try... still Strict... can't even find a game of anything but TDM. TDM is not Gears and will not play that mode.

Darkone

Black screen with logo freezing fixed after reinstall.
Its good to play the PVP after all these years.
I can`t believe its been 10 years since i played this.

Add my Game Tag: Biablo

That was kinda scary. Patch left me with zero audio until I rebooted my PC.

Happens to me too. No audio on startup, but just alt-tab out and back in again and it works.

Overall im bloody loving my time with this game again. Id forgotten how much i loved the campaign. Its simplistic compared to Gears 2 & 3, but its so tightly paced, the combat arenas so well designed, and the new graphics really are gorgeous. Companion AI was terrible even on 360 tho, so i just never bother relying on them to do anything. Playing on hardcore and they havent given me any trouble so far. Please coalition, give us Gears 2 & 3 like this!!!

Does anyone else have a strict NAT with this game but no others? Forwarded all Xbox Live ports and same thing...

Have all ports forwarded and even turned Windows Firewall off to try... still Strict... can't even find a game of anything but TDM. TDM is not Gears and will not play that mode.

This is one of my complaints. Seems a good chunk of people can't get an open NAT even with port forwarding. There were a few threads on reddit, and on the official forums about it, but no solutions.

Also, yes, TDM is fun for warm up, but it's not Gears.

Uraizen

Banned
How the hell do you get this patch they keep talking about to download? The app store just refuses to detect it or I'm doing something wrong.

Yeah, I'm having the same issue here.

EDIT: I said "screw it" and tried to go into MP anyway and it let me. After restarting the game it quit bitchin'.

Bossniak

The game stopped working for me. I keep getting the black screen with the gears omen logo. I tried reinstalling the game and didn't help.

What the hell?

Top Bottom