• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!

KHlover

Banned
Got Mirror's Edge working, but now I have to restart the PC each time I want to change the resolution XD

Time to upgrade my PC tho, that could have been barely 20fps at best. Anyways, here's two screenshots captured at 4k and then downsized to 1080p in Photoshop.

mebikyd.jpg

Durante

Fixed the Steam popup issue. At least I could no longer reproduce it.

Thought I fixed the Alt-tab issue, but it persists. I really need an external code review.

eot

Banned
Sorry for being a filthy skimmer, but does this let me set a custom aspect ratio in DkS2? I don't have a 16:9 monitor.

Durante, not sure if this is a GeDo issue or not but when I use the tool I get strange vertical lines. They're more visible in areas that have a lighter background, say, a stairwell or something. Not quite sure what it is. I can post a pic later this evening. Maybe it's been covered already, didn't see it on your FAQ.

Trying to use it with Guild Wars 2

says not downsampling

key to turn it on?

Did you select the resolution you're downsampling from in video settings?

Tried with BFBC2 forced in DX9 mode. It reads the resolution in settings, but game blackscreens whenever I try to apply it sadly.

WarMacheen

Did you select the resolution you're downsampling from in video settings?

Tried with BFBC2 forced in DX9 mode. It reads the resolution in settings, but game blackscreens whenever I try to apply it sadly.

Yes, selected new resolution, doesn't stay, reverts back to 1920x1200

Jinaar

Thanks Durante (especially for the Steam Overlay fix)! Thanks for the hard work on this project and the original DSFix. Just donated to you. Thank you again!

Yes, it's the SSAO that's causing it. I'm using amd 7970
jm8zSt7c2xsul.png

No ssao here.

Durante Im also getting this issue, and I also have a AMD 7970, so maybe its how AMD handles SSAO :(

I think im gonna leave the SSAO on because its only really visible is areas like Majula, hopefully I dont notice it in other places.

Hope you can somehow reproduce it so you can fix it.

Thank you for your work BTW, amazing tool.

MaLDo

Durante, I have those black borders too over far away geometry with VSAO on in a nvidia gpu (gtx680). AO is darkening the otherwise transparent contour of those mountains.

AlterOdin

Great work on the tool.

But is anybody else having problems with launching steam in big picture mode when GeDoSaTo is enabled? I am getting the steam-intro-vid, then it freezes, maybe relates to the overlay issue?

Enabling it after BPM is launched works.

That Bokeh DoF... I am truly in awe... I sadly can't downsample and have the DoF on without losing 60fps on my 7970 but I gladly forget about downsampling at the moment and just have the DoF on while maintaining 60fps :p

Thorgal

So i might be a little confused here .

Do you have to place the GeDOSATO files ( that name seriously sounds like a Jutsu attack from Naruto :p ) to a games directory or just anywhere ?

Then just set resolution and activate + start game .

Have i got this right ?

So i might be a little confused here .

Do you have to place the GeDOSATO files ( that name seriously sounds like a Jutsu attack from Naruto :p ) to a games directory or just anywhere ?

Then just set resolution and activate + start game .

Have i got this right ?

Anywhere you want.

Activate and start the game, then in the Game select your new resolution.

That Bokeh DoF... I am truly in awe... I sadly can't downsample and have the DoF on without losing 60fps on my 7970 but I gladly forget about downsampling at the moment and just have the DoF on while maintaining 60fps :p

Yeah, the Bokeh does looks really impressive. Having troube finding the sweet spot though for its fstop size and focal distance. It would be interesting to be able to control both on the fly with the numpad.

I can't get downsampling to work on my 7870. Everything else works (except screenshots). DoF, ssao works fine. I've tested 2 different drivers including the newest release candidate but DS2 and Consortium won't downsample. I guess I'll wait for a new version.

I've uploaded my gedosato ini, any clues what went wrong? http://pastebin.com/sQ2gz4g9

I can't get downsampling to work on my 7870. Everything else works (except screenshots). DoF, ssao works fine. I've tested 2 different drivers including the newest release candidate but DS2 and Consortium won't downsample. I guess I'll wait for a new version.

I've uploaded my gedosato ini, any clues what went wrong? http://pastebin.com/sQ2gz4g9

When you say "to work" what does it mean? is the resolution not listed in the game or does it crash when you select it?

Actually I might be wrong but, seeing your file, your Downscale resolution seem weird. Try:

renderWidth 2520
renderHeight 1575
reportedHz 60

That should be exactly 1.5 Times your monitor resolution of 1680 * 1050

Are you changing the ingame resolution to the GeDoSaTo internally defined res? That is a must.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Still getting this:

toolhddq2.png

Running on an Administrator account with the program set to run with Admin rights. There's no error mentioned in the frame, but nothing happens when I click Activate, no registry changes.

I was hoping to use this to run World of Warcraft in 320x240, though I'm a bit worried this will be defined as some kind of cheat program and I'll be banned.

Anteater

I'm not using GeDoSaTo but I saw people posting about artifacts so I thought I'd post here too, I'm getting the weird lines in dark souls 2 with the hbao+ flag in nvidia inspector, I'm not using sgssaa. I have a 760GTX

with hbao+
darksoulsii_2014_04_2jxc37.jpg

without
darksoulsii_2014_04_23zit9.jpg

Instro

Rösti;109471579 said:
Still getting this:

toolhddq2.png

Running on an Administrator account with the program set to run with Admin rights. There's no error mentioned in the frame, but nothing happens when I click Activate, no registry changes.

I was hoping to use this to run World of Warcraft in 320x240, though I'm a bit worried this will be defined as some kind of cheat program and I'll be banned.

I'm pretty sure most online games with anticheat stuff will get you for hacking if you have this running.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure most online games with anticheat stuff will get you for hacking if you have this running.
Yeah, I'm expecting the same. But I haven't been able to find a way to run Windows 7 in 320x240 with my hardware, so I thought it could be interesting to at least try and see how WoW looks at the login screen.

I have a few questions.

Concerning Dark Souls 2:
Do I need to select my custom res ingame or can the tool's internal rendering resolution thing work alone. I have it set up to go from 8k>1080p in the settings but in the game menu I still have it set to 1080p. This is okay right? Just need confirmation.
(Same for other games or no?)

SSAO causes some massive issues with lines in the sky in DS2. Fixes?

General:
How do I up the color samples?

SMAA doesn't seem to work for me in DS2. There isn't a difference between each of the settings. Any ideas?

Loving it so far!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
It's probably has been said, but Boris released a ENB version of Dark Souls 2. I'm very curious what it does now!

And it's based on Skyrim's one (Fallouts, Stalker).

Oh shit. I'm really excited to see what comes of this. As a base line, I think DSII looks way better visually than Skyrim, so stuff could get incredible.

Who is the genius that erased the all the titles from the compatibility list? WTF.

Yeah I was sort of expecting that eventually someone would do that since it was open.

That's why I screenshotted it. I'm not sure if Durante is even using it anymore though so it may not be too important to save anyway. Here it is for those interested.

I have a few questions.

Concerning Dark Souls 2:
Do I need to select my custom res ingame or can the tool's internal rendering resolution thing work alone. I have it set up to go from 8k>1080p in the settings but in the game menu I still have it set to 1080p. This is okay right? Just need confirmation.

General:

SMAA doesn't seem to work for me in DS2. There isn't a difference between each of the settings. Any ideas?

Loving it so far!

Set the in game resolution to the Rendering resolution you set in GeDoSaTo.ini

I have a few questions.

Concerning Dark Souls 2:

SSAO causes some massive issues with lines in the sky in DS2. Fixes?

General:

Loving it so far!

You need to have ingame AA on, you need to have the tool activated, and you need to select the internal resolution in game. So 8K--->1080p means selecting the 8 K res in game.

Set the in game resolution to the Rendering resolution you set in GeDoSaTo.ini
I thought this might be said. This causes my screen to go very dark. Using HDMI and Nvidia if it matters.
You need to have ingame AA on, you need to have the tool activated, and you need to select the internal resolution in game. So 8K--->1080p means selecting the 8 K res in game.
I got the ingame AA activated. I didn't select that resolution ingame though so I'll do that when I get home.

So what are you meant to do with this? I have extracted it to a folder but all I'm getting is 'Error setting Installation path' and when I change the resolution in the config file it does nothing.

EDIT: Have to run it as administrator every time but it seems to work.

mjontrix

I'm sorry dude, I don't know what to tell you.

GeDoSaTo, downsampling, and you can see the light indicator showing that LightBoost is enabled. Also, when launching into the game, the screen didn't change resolutions. I could post my whole GeDoSaTo.ini file if you'd like?

Edit: I put my GeDoSato.ini on PasteBin. Feel free to try it and see if that works out for you.

That's just the way that Bicubic resizes. A small size difference like that might not be the best use case for it. It's usually preferable to Bilinear because Bilinear isn't the best at actually clearing out the aliasing in the image and likes to keep things sharp, but sometimes a bit too sharp.

Hopefully in the future there will be more options, like Lanzos 2 and 3 if that's feasible.

Lanzos?

No, we need to go deeper - Jinc with AR and NNEDI support - you should collab with madshi Durante for the scaling parts.

stef t97

Does GeDoSaTo fuck with your mouse sensitivity in the same way that Downsampling through the Nvidia control panel does? That was the only thing stopping me from Downsampling most of the time.

Custom resolutions don't seem to show up in the in-game resolution settings for games that others have tested. I've just tried XCOM while running GeDoSaTo as administrator (2560x1440 as my rendering resolution) with the steam common file name for XCOM on the whitelist. Nothing.. 1920x1080 is the max resolution. What am I doing wrong?

KKRT00

Got Crysis 2 DX9 path to work.

1440p to 720p
http://i2.minus.com/iINArwQr4oNfW.png [FRAPS]
http://i5.minus.com/ij2GVNudv6MTx.png [GeDoSaTo]

Full 1440
http://i3.minus.com/ibuxS5mwhUpHGj.png

5760x3240 to 1080p
http://i6.minus.com/ibhYkAwgU6uHrm.png
http://i2.minus.com/icSVt2x1SwDJ6.png
http://i1.minus.com/ibb012xZdAbjdY.png

Full 5760x3240
http://i5.minus.com/iL05Q8XBhxIKm.jpg
http://i4.minus.com/ibo6LKJibKJsbU.jpg
http://i7.minus.com/iKspZJhGAfhfT.jpg

What i learned. This tool is heavy on RAM. To use 5760x3240 resolution in other scenario than menu i had to close almost all apps in windows [8gb ram], otherwise game crashed and had windows error about memory allocation and warning about low memory situation.
I was VRAM starved as fuck on my GTX 560. Crysis 2 run in 1fps [or less, but thats the limit of fraps :p] in 5760x3240 mode and 30+ in higher settings on 1440p.

Thorgal

Ys :Origin does boot up at 8K resolution but the mouse cursor being confined to a small square makes it impossible to go beyond the main menu .

Als ofor some reason my controller is not working with this game .

This might be a stupid question, but does GeDoSaTo supercede all in-game visual settings in Dark Souls 2?

I know in the ReadMe it says you have to enable in-game anti-aliasing, but if I have SSAO in game set to "Strong" and SSAO in GeDoSaTo set to Max, am I applying 2 levels of SSAO, or just GeDoSaTo's?

Top Bottom