• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this thing going to be for titles just in 2015? It's not like they are going to announce everyone's greatest fantasy announcements in December 2014. If they announce anything of "omg hype" level excitement, it will be enough just to wet appetites until E3.

Ishida

Banned
So it IS fucking TLG?

Ulgh, disappointmenton imminent.

No.. People are just trolling now.

I believe people are hyping themselves too much. I think there will be surprises, but some people are throwing The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy VII remake as if they were confirmed or something.

Not gonna happen any time soon!

MavFan619

Banned
So an yearly event is more important than the 20th anniversary of Playstation?
It's funny how we prop up E3 as this big event where all the most important reveals occur. I can't remember any of the conferences or even what Nintendo did at this E3 ;_;

Psoelberg

I'm gone for a few days, and this thread has become complete madness! And don't you dare hyping The Last Guardian - my heart can't take it!

Regardless of the announcements, I'd personally like Sony to revive one of their old platformer titles. There's a lot of mascot potential in them which Sony could definitely benefit from and it would definitely be a different genre to push on the Playstation than usual.

wachie

This thread ..

giphyrliua.gif

Pachimari

Can I please choose the hyped game of the day?

I want it to be Jak & Daxter II: The Legacy Awaken. The real sequel to the best platformer ever, Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.

im calling it guys. Its either Agent or The Last Guardian

The reactions of mods and insiders indicate that it wont be a FF7 Remake and Crash Bandicoot (i dont think anybody seriously thinks one of these will happen)

But still it will be a Megaton according to Edge...So there arent many games left.

dungtongue

Neo Member
I hope they announce Baldur's Gate 3 for PC at this event just for the heck of it. If I write it in this thread, will it come true?

ICPEE

If The Last Guardian is announced at PS Event looking as good as Uncharted 4, I'd scream, shit and piss right here in my desk chair.

StuBurns

Banned
Was just a CG trailer tho, and the games existence was spoiled on here weeks in advance.

Which brings me to wonder how none of the secrets for next week have been openly leaked yet. Not that I want it to of course :)
Leaks aren't really that common though, not on the scale of Bloodborne anyway. Ironically, TLG was the last one like that I think.

v1lla21

Calling a reveal by Blizzard to be either Overwatch or Hearthstone. Towards the end of the show we just get Valve's logo on the screen with no word. Fast forward to The Game Awards and we get a trailer for
Portal

You know what guys. If Wonderbook could happen and take the conference time it did, then anything can happen at any time. TLG, SOCOM 5, Crash, Syphon Filter, UnKarted Drake's Last Ride Of Us, all of it!! Its all possible!!

StuBurns

Banned
Calling a reveal by Blizzard to be either Overwatch or Hearthstone. Towards the end of the show we just get Valve's logo on the screen with no word. Fast forward to The Game Awards and we get a trailer for
Portal
Hearthstone would only work on Vita, and not even PSTV. I can't see that happening. Overwatch is obviously coming to consoles.

Valve's interesting. With their love of VR, and having HL2 and the episodes, games which could be remastered for VR and run great on PS4 in Morpheus, Sony has to be talking to them about something.

v1lla21

Hearthstone would only work on Vita, and not even PSTV. I can't see that happening. Overwatch is obviously coming to consoles.

Valve's interesting. With their love of VR, and having HL2 and the episodes, games which could be remastered for VR and run great on PS4 in Morpheus, Sony has to be talking to them about something.

We had MTG on last gen consoles so I think it's a possibility. I don't really expect Valve at either place. They'd be good for E3 though.

Elios83

The game awards will end in a tease for psx

Let's not forget that something will be announced in Japan at the Playstation Awards event on December 3rd:

SCEJ's CEO:
“In order to thank everyone for supporting us for 20 years, in celebration of what’s to come we’ve been preparing a special PlayStation 20th Anniversary project that will be revealed at this year’s Playstation Awards. I hope we can all enjoy it together.”

Seems the perfect venue to announce the FFVII remake
ROTFL
Then TLG, Shenmue and Agent at the actual PSExp in Las Vegas :D Of course.

SDCowboy

Hearthstone would work perfectly on PS4. The touch pad could be used to scroll through cards and click to select.

So an yearly event is more important than the 20th anniversary of Playstation?

Yes, because E3 is a major press event that many people watch whereas this is just relatively small event in comparison for mostly fans. I don't even think they have official streaming press conferences for this, do they? I'm just assuming everything will go up in tandem with the panel announcements like at Comic Con.

v1lla21

Nothing.

I'm not even kidding. He claims to know about one game. Now every time someone posts a doubtful comment he goes, "When did I say it wasn't that?!?"

lololo. I'm keeping my hype in check as I always do when it comes to events like these. I feel like we'll have two major bombs though. Only thing I really expect is a trailer for UC4 that'll blow everyone away.

LuuKyK

Yes, because E3 is a major press event that many people watch whereas this is just relatively small event in comparison for mostly fans. I don't even think they have official streaming press conferences for this, do they? I'm just assuming everything will go up in tandem with the panel announcements like at Comic Con.

Yes they do.

But yeah, agreed that the media coverage is going to be relatively smaller for this.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
All of you need to be put on lockdown. Its gonna be hype but not that hype, leave it for E3.

I like video games and don't take them too seriously. My opinions often change over time but only as I reflect on games I've played in the past. Good games appreciate in my memory over time, which is rare. Bad ones don't. I try to be genuine. I was never banned before I became a mod because I think I am polite and like to have fun.

Also I don't make it obvious what my insecurities are (aka go to the retail musings thread) so I am not as easily trollable!

blah blah blah blah blah, stop lying to us! you want us to cry when it doesn't happen!
in all seriousness, i feel the same way. if TLG doesn't happen then im fine, bunch of other games i can play.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
he is consistent i'll hand it to him

I like video games and don't take them too seriously. My opinions often change over time but only as I reflect on games I've played in the past. Good games appreciate in my memory over time, which is rare. Bad ones don't. I try to be genuine. I was never banned before I became a mod because I think I am polite and like to have fun.

Also I don't make it obvious what my insecurities are (aka go to the retail musings thread) so I am not as easily trollable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom