• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Ryo_

If Y2Kev is hyping up The Last Guardian, it can only mean one thing. Something else that is even more unlikely than TLG is getting announced which means if _____ gets announced then TLG has good chance of coming some day because ____ got announced and it was even more unlikely than TLG happening.

And we all know that there is only one thing less likely than The Last Guardian.

StuBurns

Banned
I genuinely think it's been altered in some form, if not cancelled. The twist will be that "The Last Guardian" is technically dead.

And I think a western team is finishing whatever it's new incarnation is.
Factor 5?
Sony claim it's still Japan Studio.

Obviously the game will have been altered, presumably it'll be grander in scale, but I still expect Ico Gear Solid.

GnawtyDog

Banned
It's hilarious how this keeps coming up. Some people think PSX ain't big enough for TLG. Others think TLG ain't big enough to begin with :D

I am on this boat. E3 is where the game shall make its grandiose return. I think this event would be perfect for a Crash reboot/reveal.

Hoje0308

Banned
I am on this boat. E3 is where the game shall make its grandiose return. I think this event would be perfect for a Crash reboot/reveal.

But Sony is celebrating 20 years of Playstation, and since it feels like TLG has been in development that long, it just seems to fit. I hope.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
T L G B O Y S !

im dyinggggg

Let's not forget this is right before Christmas. Sony has consoles to sell.

wow, on point karst!

"HA!" = HELL YES.

edge ;_; WHY DONT YOU LIKE ME?!?!

If Y2Kev is hyping up The Last Guardian, it can only mean one thing. Something else that is even more unlikely than TLG is getting announced which means if _____ gets announced then TLG has good chance of coming some day because ____ got announced and it was even more unlikely than TLG happening.

And we all know that there is only one thing less likely than The Last Guardian.

Very logical conclusion, you're getting a promotion!

TheWorthyEdge seems to disagree with you and he apparently knows of one announcement, so if he is saying that TLG level announcement is real and he's not yet banned there is absolutely no reason to not believe him. He's been vetted by multiple mods multiple times. So, either TLG is getting announced or something just as big or bigger is.

Edge has a little more information than that :p

_Ryo_

I am on this boat. E3 is where the game shall make its grandiose return.

TheWorthyEdge seems to disagree with you and he apparently knows of one announcement, so if he is saying that TLG level announcement is real and he's not yet banned there is absolutely no reason to not believe him. He's been vetted by multiple mods multiple times. So, either TLG is getting announced or something just as big or bigger is.

im dyinggggg

Very logical conclusion, you're getting a promotion!

YES.

What about a raise though? :p

Edge has a little more information than that :p

Huh? What? I thought he only knew of ONE thing that someone he knew personally told him?

Squire

Banned
Sony claim it's still Japan Studio.

Obviously the game will have been altered, presumably it'll be grander in scale, but I still expect Ico Gear Solid.

Yeah, I meant I expect it's a JS core team/leadership with another team doing the leg work and helping with the tech.

Who said it was iconic? The TLG name is what has all the buzz, though. Re-showing it under a different name would be idiotic.

Call it whatever, but I really don't think that name carries any weight outside of hyper enthusiast circles like GAF. And those folks are savvy enough to know the minute the game gets a name change.

The name doesn't matter. It isn't notable and it's not going to make the game sell any better than it inevitably will.

Wonderbook 2

Guys you need to chill out. Don't get unrealistic expectations for the show or you will be disappointed, just wait for the FF VII Remake announcement.

FluxWaveZ

phoenix-emo.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Is from Miller's Crossing and fits beautifully.

That was one of my favorite trailers of last gen. Everything about it is perfect. The teasing of Catbird. The introduction of the protagonist. The reveal of catbird. The feels. The way ICO fades in under The Last Guardian. The teasing of the huge world to explore. The gameplay hint-ery. The beauty of it all.

Too bad it died.

LuuKyK

Didnt even remember about that thing. I guess my brain shut down any memories of it. Thats how bad and uneventful it was. :lol

Is from Miller's Crossing and fits beautifully.

That was one of my favorite trailers of last gen. Everything about it is perfect. The teasing of Catbird. The introduction of the protagonist. The reveal of catbird. The feels. The way ICO fades in under The Last Guardian. The teasing of the huge world to explore. The gameplay hint-ery. The beauty of it all.

Too bad it died.

lmao

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's pretty funny to think that the last time TLG had a showing, Kittowny was a thing :indifferent2

_Ryo_

I'm just going to call it, and let my _BIAS_ show at the same time. The only thing I personally believe is less likely is something Shenmue related. Crash would happen before TLG, Monster Hunter would happen before TLG, Ape Escape would happen before TLG, FFVRemake is known to be in development, so it's JUST as likely as the TLG. The only thing that I can think of at all is Shenmue or... or... or. well, Mega Man Legends III.

Yes, I KNOW it's unlikely and almost impossible but people are hyping up TLG so, hell, if I'm going to dream I might as well dream big.

And then have them eviscerated and become myriad of pieces. :( :'(

Pachimari

It'll be a release date announcement of Spring 2015 for Morpheus and a surprisingly cheap price which would make GAF crash.

Actually it'll be Shenmue 3. All these meetings the creator have had with Mark Cerny and Shu must be for something.

SgtCobra

So it IS fucking TLG?

Ulgh, disappointmentton imminent.

Was hoping for an actual surprise full of drama and tears. This is just shit we already knew was coming anyway. Yay I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom