• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday!

WbK50kH.gif

Pennywise

15 is perfect imo. RE4, TLOU, Uncharted 2 were all in that range on first playthrough if I recall correctly.

It probably is too long for an FPS though, fwiw.

Depends on the game.
The Evil Within is a pretty good example for a TPS that was pretty long, but changed both gameplay aspects as well as the enviroment often enough.
It's really necessary to adjust the pacing when you don't offer variety (which is still in question for the Order).

BumRush

There is barely anything to hype about, there were minor clips here and there but nothing awe inducing.

I don't hate it i am just waiting, i'll buy it.

Nothing awe inducing? The game looks INCREDIBLY gorgeous.

Also, the market is flooded with open world lately. I, for one, would welcome a 12 hour campaign with a tight story. I know that's not for everyone but it's a change of pace from a lot of what's out.

It really is. I've never played a campaign that long that shouldn't have ended hours sooner.

This.

I'm hoping it's got a solid campaign and a reason for multiple playthroughs - either through varying (well designed) difficulty levels or alternate paths/cutscenes etc. Anything on top of that is gravy.

As far as the hype concerns go - no one has any reason to be hyped for it really. I am hyped, however this is mainly due to the story and setting potential.

Gamer345

Banned
What difference does that make? Just because it's not competition, doesn't mean they should support it in favor of their own event.

I dont understand, How are they supporting it in favour of their own event?? You dont even know what Sony's presence will be like at the Game Awards

I dont understand, How are they supporting it in favour of their own event?? You dont even know what Sony's presence will be like at the Game Awards

We don't know whats gonna be revealed at the GameAwards, so stage presence isn't really confirmed for Sony.
It's also in Vegas though and they're most likely connecting these events in some form.
We'll see about that.

Didn't Neil Druckmann tweet something about the Game Awards and that's why people are assuming Sony will be showing something there?

I really hope RAD shows something awesome that changes peoples mind about The Order. Maybe show a part that has some stealth/horror elements to show that the game isnt just a generic cover shooter and has some variety in its gameplay. I am already sold but understand some peoples concerns they have after what they have already shown. I have hope that this game is going to kick some serious ass.

Pennywise

Didn't Neil Druckmann tweet something about the Game Awards and that's why people are assuming Sony will be showing something there?

Druckmann said he saw something that will be at the GameAwards, where it was neither confirmed to be anyhow associated to Sony nor NaughtyDog in any form.
So it could be anything, a new demo of Occulus or a game by who knows which developer.

As I said though, we don't know how these event's will be connected.
People already speculated for a trailer at the GameAwards, while the PSX would offer a playable demo.
Not necessarily UC4, but that's a method that could work out.

I really hope RAD shows something awesome that changes peoples mind about The Order. Maybe show a part that has some stealth/horror elements to show that the game isnt just a generic cover shooter and has some variety in its gameplay. I am already sold but understand some peoples concerns they have after what they have already shown. I have hope that this game is going to kick some serious ass.

I really hope they show some new enemies. Just humans and one type of monster probably will not keep the encounters fresh.

With all this talk about "megatons" and apocalyptic sized announcements, I wonder if Sony ever discusses things in the tone of "just think what the fans would do if we announced this"? Obviously they aren't going to make a business decision based solely on fan acceptance, but I'd be curious to see if that type of setiment is ever seriously brought up. Going back to the whole FF7R hoopla, I truly wonder if there were ever any conversations between Sony and Square on making it happen. Or Sony and Sega with Shenmue. Or Activision with Crash.

Gamer345

Banned

Druckmann tweet could be talking about anything, like how the place looks or even something totally irrelevant

Sony are going to be at the awards but their presence will likely be little, as in no game announcement or anything there

I'm surprised Sony would be at the game awards. Why not save everything for PSX?

Because the TGAs will reach beyond their insular event? From a business development perspective, it makes way more sense than having PSX at all. Why flog your wares to the dedicated bunch who will already buy it, when you can promote them to an audience who don't identify with you yet?

why not take advantage of both? TGA and PSX.

For example Sony could reveal a new Uncharted Trailer on the TGA and them show the first Gameplayvideo on the PSX Event.

I really hope they show some new enemies. Just humans and one type of monster probably will not keep the encounters fresh.
I don`t expect to see anything outside of humans and half breeds. Maybe different size werewolves and smarter/better equipped humans, but as much as I know about the lore, I dont think we will see any more than that. Unless there are parts with dogs or wolves. Who knows though, not too much has been shown.
Horse and buggy encounters perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom