• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genei Ibun Roku #FE Trailers: Tsubasa, Side Story

romance between idoru at young age is a no no :^)
I hope there is romance options. I don't like Tsubasa.

There are actually 6 songs, but it doesn't say what the 6th is.

oh yea my bad... too sleepy when i created the thread & never recheck back orz
not to mention i didn't realize the concert page is updated earlier this morning as well

That the game is a super pain to localize

So Nintendo are localizing it and not Atlus USA? Welp. Does not bode well for physical release then. Especially by the time the game releases, Wii U will be on its last legs by then if the localization is going to take a while...

Can definitely see why it would be a pain, this game is REALLY Japanese. Looks better than the initial reveal (which was pretty awful) but I very much doubt they can make a franchise out of this.

Jiraiza

I don't think so. iirc the story establishes that she is MC's girlfriend, unless he dumps her at some point.

Haven't read anything about this, but established pairings are the best, if true.

I really hope this game makes it to my door on Friday, having the release date on the Saturday before Christmas is pretty cruel.

L Thammy

so Tsubasa is netoraring me

7006b3_2218040rhpkd.gif

Haven't played Persona, I know nothing about social links. Are they just subquest lines for each player character? How many should we expect?

Vecks

Haven't played Persona, I know nothing about social links. Are they just subquest lines for each player character? How many should we expect?

Social links were basically optional interactions that establish a relationship and/or shed light on the backstory with a character. In persona games, there were like 10 levels or so per character. In maxing them out, their personas would evolve into stronger forms and they'd get new helpful abilities in battle.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Haven't read anything about this, but established pairings are the best, if true.

I really hope this game makes it to my door on Friday, having the release date on the Saturday before Christmas is pretty cruel.

It comes out Saturday, the 26th of December in Japan unless I'm missing something, the day after Christmas.

Akhe

Please come with dual audio!!

09861323a54353914eced92ad1baac41.gif

Btw, Kiria is the best waifu.

Sakura

It's a cross over between SMT and FE (collaboration between Atlus and Nintendo).
It played like a traditional SMT game with slightly different combat.
It takes place in modern day Shibuya, Japan. The characters are idols, the music industry being very important.
Comes out in Japan this year, next year in the US.
Eh, not really...
I wouldn't say it plays like a traditional SMT game.

romance between idoru at young age is a no no :^)

They aren't all idols though :)

Jiraiza

It comes out Saturday, the 26th of December in Japan unless I'm missing something, the day after Christmas.

Ah yeah, oops, was thinking it was at the end of the month for some reason. Still, I would love to get the game for that weekend. Probably not going to happen, though. I believe in you Nin-Nin Games.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Is the lady with the glasses (third from left) playable? I thought she was just an NPC.

Who knows, she might be the dunban/auron of the group since she was a former gravure idol , be kinda funny if they do the FE mechanic of having the more experienced strong character be OP and take most of the experience if you rely on them.

Love almost everything about this game we've seen so far, looks just gorgeous!

That side story trailer did sadly remind me the Gamepad exists though. Have they said if it's playable solely with the Pro controller at all? If I'm going to spend hours playing a JRPG, I don't want to be holding a controller I find uncomfortable and constantly having to look back and forth between the screen and my lap while I'm doing so.

Love almost everything about this game we've seen so far, looks just gorgeous!

That side story trailer did sadly remind me the Gamepad exists though. Have they said if it's playable solely with the Pro controller at all? If I'm going to spend hours playing a JRPG, I don't want to be holding a controller I find uncomfortable and constantly having to look back and forth between the screen and my lap while I'm doing so.

At the very least you're still going to have have the Gamepad nearby. It's essentially a stand-in for a cell phone. You access your messages, etc. from there.

At the very least you're still going to have have the Gamepad nearby. It's essentially a stand-in for a cell phone. You access your messages, etc. from there.

That's the thing, I've never understood the appeal of putting menus and stuff like that on the Gamepad, outside of ZombiU for tensions sake, at least.

I mean if I'm reading messages and looking through menus, I'm not looking at the TV or doing anything else in game anyway, so why not just display it on the TV instead of an idling character I'm doing nothing with? Touchscreen aside, it just seems like a pointlessly long winded way of doing the exact same thing but on a much smaller, far worse quality display.

But yeah, if I can play with the Pro while the Gamepad acts as a second screen I can leave on it's stand, that's fine. Using that thing for extended period of time absolutely kills my hands though.

JoseLopez

Ugh both smt and fire emblem are relatively low on otaku pandering but oh boy is this not even try to hide it. Jpop is becoming more and more grating on me so I hope the at least some smt4 esque tunes. Will buy day one but I'm definitely very cautious with this one.

Ugh both smt and fire emblem are relatively low on otaku pandering but oh boy is this not even try to hide it. Jpop is becoming more and more grating on me so I hope the at least some smt4 esque tunes. Will buy day one but I'm definitely very cautious with this one.

Have you seen Fire Emblem Fates?

cand

so what does the main character do? all these other characters are like singers or actors or whatever.

I have a theory: maybe he is a "Producer" and have the power to wake Performas on people. I'm saying this only based on the treehouse demo where Tsubasa asks him if she should pursue her dream to be an idol and the player can choose what to say. Her performa awakens right after Itsuki says yes.

I checked the first link in the OP and I was like.. NOPE. Didn't expect this from a SMT game.

This is getting really tiring. It's not a SMT game, it has references and uses a lot of gameplay elements but is not. IT was announced in very early conceptual stages and now it is its own thing. You have the right to say the game is not for you but ignore it just because "is not SMT" is, IMO, a bad decision followed by a very bad argument to justify it.

I wish we at least had the official English name to stop all the "is not SMT"/"is not fire emblem" nonsense .

-Horizon-

Sounds like you should wait and NOT buy it day one. Since you want to be cautious lol.

FluxWaveZ

I'm confused. These seem contradictory.

This is also my stance. I am very unsure about this game, but I will still be getting it upon its release to see what's up with it.

I don't know about the character designs, but some of the art around the game looks cool. I like how Eleonora and Mamori look.

mbVyvcV.jpg

Top Bottom