• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

General John Kelly is a bald-faced liar, told false story to slander Congresswoman

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
It's bizarre. What the fuck is so wrong with the people in this godforsaken administration that they have such a problem with the truth? Politics aside. They not only don't give a shit about the truth, I don't think they would recognize it.

Because the people who support them don't care about the truth. They are fine with being told lies to their face as long as it makes them feel good.

Kelly deserves some flack for this, but it feels more like a "sniper fire in Bosnia" situation than a more traditional, Trumpian "I won in a landslide" or "biggest crowd ever" or "no puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet" kind of deal.

Seems like dude didn't like the speech and thought Wilson made it too much about her. She didn't actually talk about getting the money, but she does spend the first third of it talking about how amazing she was for getting the name through bureaucracy in time. He then exaggerated/misremembered his issue and blew it out of proportion in his mind, much like Clinton exaggerated her landing in Bosnia in her mind. Bad, but forgivable. Unlike Trump's narcissism.

Bullshit. The whole reason they were having that ceremony was to talk about naming the building after those two agents. She's the Representative for that district. She got the bill fast-tracked through Congress, while lavishing praise on her Republican counterparts, for scrambling to do something in weeks that would normally be a months long process. Nothing she says implies how "amazing" she is.

Kelly saw a black woman in a silly hat and heard what he wanted to hear.

PJV3

Kelly deserves some flack for this, but it feels more like a "sniper fire in Bosnia" situation than a more traditional, Trumpian "I won in a landslide" or "biggest crowd ever" or "no puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet" kind of deal.

Seems like dude didn't like the speech and thought Wilson made it too much about her. She didn't actually talk about getting the money, but she does spend the first third of it talking about how amazing she was for getting the name through bureaucracy in time. He then exaggerated/misremembered his issue and blew it out of proportion in his mind, much like Clinton exaggerated her landing in Bosnia in her mind. Bad, but forgivable. Unlike Trump's narcissism.

If he doesn't like people blowing their own trumpet why work for Trump?

It's everyone he surrounds himself with, though. They're all allergic to the truth. Lying is like breathing.

I think his staff fears his disapproval. You could see it with Spicey. He knew he was spouting BS, but he chose to do that rather than get an earful from Donny. Trump wants them to lie, so that's what he gets.

The Whitehouse is full of liars and scum. "Hey you Whitehouse, ha ha, charade you are!"

I'm sure you know this, but that song wasn't referring to the White House but rather Mary Whitehouse, a British social activist in the 70s. Still, the lyrics have stayed relevant as a bit of a happy accident.

Question is does Kelly see that just outright lying outweighs the possibility of losing influence with Trump from keeping the WH sane.

I think his staff fears his disapproval. You could see it with Spicey. He knew he was spouting BS, but he chose to do that rather than get an earful from Donny. Trump wants them to lie, so that's what he gets.
Some say that having them lie is also a classic authoritarian tactic not only for the lie per se, but because it traps the liar with the dictator. Once the Iraqi Information Minister or Sean Spicer lie in a way that everyone can see is false, that liar has destroyed their own credibility so badly that they couldn't leave the dictator even if they wanted to. Who the fuck would want Sean Spicer working their PR now, even on the hardcore right?

Haruko

MwzvXg4.png

Is it normal that no one knows the person's name? As a Canadian we are pretty current on American politics but I have never even heard the person's name.

The opposition to the GOP would be the Democrats, the 2 leaders of the party are House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. Both are powerless to do anything since they are the party not in power right now.

abundant

Man, fuck Sarah Huckabee Sanders. During today's press briefing, she claimed that the remarks Kelly was referencing happened off camera and when asked about Trump's comments when he stood before the CIA Memorial Wall back in January, she said that it wasn't the same thing compared to what Congresswoman Wilson was accused of doing.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Huckabee is a traitorous cunt to the truth and the nation, but the scary thing is the dimwits that will believe her.

Reading his comments in the OP again I can't believe that this is the route they're taking with this one but then again this is the era of alt-facts.

CNN is holding no punches. About time they started reporting the truth and fighting false information instead of both siding everything.
Nah, they do this from time to time to appear to still have credibility. By next week Van will be crying again about "Trump becoming President".

Kevtones

Stop focusing on this.

Return the story to the fact that Trump lied and doubled down on this lie to throw a grieving mother under the bus.

Serpico99

As an previous enlisted guy, officers are just politicians O-3 and above. Never trusted them and saw good guys get killed due to them chasing medals.

Nah, they do this from time to time to appear to still have credibility. By next week Van will be crying again about "Trump becoming President".

just wait for Erin Burnett on the 7PM slot to spin into "whataboutism" just like the Harvey Weinstein spin about "what about Democrats accepting donations from Weinstein"
that's CNN

CNN is holding no punches. About time they started reporting the truth and fighting false information instead of both siding everything.

They go back and fourth.. and have been even before the election

CNN is trying to create news entertainment. They want people to cheer for the Faces and boo the Heels. They want people to share shit like this on social media and crow about how they took it to Trump. Then they will run some Trump supporter out on TV tonight and have Ann Navarro yell at him for your amusement.

Surfinn

CNN is trying to create news entertainment. They want people to cheer for the Faces and boo the Heels. They want people to share shit like this on social media and crow about how they took it to Trump. Then they will run some Trump supporter out on TV tonight and have Ann Navarro yell at him for your amusement.

Yeah

It's been like this for a long time

Mesoian

Stop focusing on this.

Return the story to the fact that Trump lied and doubled down on this lie to throw a grieving mother under the bus.

I mean, stop focusing on that and return to the story of what ACTUALLY happened in the Chad incursion.

Or look at it all at once and be able to care about multiple things. Because there's a lot of shit that's come out over the past 48 hours revolving around this mess that's all connected and is seemingly all fabrications or are distractions for fabrications.

Be fair to Van he's been good since then :p
(I also think he said it out of a sense of being shook that Trump might actually pivot)

Like Van said, everyone has forgotten the 99% of asskicking he gave Trump but only remember the 1% he said something factual about the president in that particular moment.

Like Van said, everyone has forgotten the 99% of asskicking he gave Trump but only remember the 1% he said something factual about the president in that particular moment.

The 1% wasn't factual. It was a bad speech by any measure other than 'how it compares to other speeches given by a racist idiot'.

gcubed

That one thing was so egregious and out of place his 99% gets wiped away by his stupidity.

I would have agreed with him if it was factual, that speech was horrifying. It did establish Trump's penchant for using war widows as props though.

Kevtones

I mean, stop focusing on that and return to the story of what ACTUALLY happened in the Chad incursion.

Or look at it all at once and be able to care about multiple things. Because there's a lot of shit that's come out over the past 48 hours revolving around this mess that's all connected and is seemingly all fabrications or are distractions for fabrications.

The narrative is pivoting. I agree we need to look at Chad to find the root. The press needs to go HARD on it.

GTI Guy

I wonder if the WH provided him the talking points on Wilson and he went along with it. I don't know if that's much or any better than him knowingly lying though.

Top Bottom