• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Dregnel

Sad, but true. Sad because 2nd city festival is actually a big deal in real life, especially for China. 1st city festival is a random festival of wind, love and freedom without anything going for it in the real world. MiHo dropped the ball really hard with its Chinese New year celebration. They didn't give us free 5☆ (I doubt that electric cat banner was worth it), not even additional blue wishes, no special weapons or anything like that. Free 4☆ is not enough imo, especially considering constant banner reruns and lack of meaningful new content. I think I have all the 4☆ except for Diona, but I just can't be bothered with leveling them considering how many resources my current 5☆ lineup asks for and how many resin I need to invest in 3 different artifacts runs. MiHo is too cheap when it comes to events. New Year is wasted, I wonder what they will do for GI anniversary. Free Amber constellation?
genshin impact has no direct competition right now, i don't expect any 5* for free in a long time, maybe in 4-5 years similar to honkai impact.

BlackM1st

Banned
genshin impact has no direct competition right now, i don't expect any 5* for free in a long time, maybe in 4-5 years similar to honkai impact.
Um... I'm not greedy or anything like that, I have 4 5☆ and I'm pretty busy farming wishes (need 40 more till guarantee), but why not throw F2P people a bone say once a year? Fucking year xD like I said, electric cat banner was a disaster, why not give her for free? Or some blue wishes? Sooner or later people will get her anyway and instead loosing 50/50 and being salty about 5☆, why not make a grand promo and show your base that you're actually care beyond empty words in Twitter? I know that they're making lots of money and have no competition, but I'm afraid they're really getting way too cheap and greedy. Free 5☆ in 4 years, lmao.

YukiOnna

They'll give freebies on the annual end year stuff or to celebrate anniversary. Honkai may have taken that long, but it isn't new to the company at this point, lol. Surely.

Dregnel

Um... I'm not greedy or anything like that, I have 4 5☆ and I'm pretty busy farming wishes (need 40 more till guarantee), but why not throw F2P people a bone say once a year? Fucking year xD like I said, electric cat banner was a disaster, why not give her for free? Or some blue wishes? Sooner or later people will get her anyway and instead loosing 50/50 and being salty about 5☆, why not make a grand promo and show your base that you're actually care beyond empty words in Twitter? I know that they're making lots of money and have no competition, but I'm afraid they're really getting way too cheap and greedy. Free 5☆ in 4 years, lmao.
yeah i agree i'm just being realistic based on my experience with the company, they don't want to give yaoyao for free because they can make alot of money like they did with klee, they would probably give orochimaru away for free instead of yaoyao.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Even if it's a shit character they made- just give it off for an anniversary or something. It'll be better than nothing community reception wise.

Dregnel

i only play for the primos, i only buy the crown but I don't use talents above level 6-7, 30 books is around 120 resin, i don't waste my time with the shops i didn't even buy the supposed pet that looked like pee, nothing just the primo and hasta la vista baby.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
they can make alot of money like they did with klee, they would probably give orochimaru away for free
Oh no lol
I wonder if they're turning Yaoyao into a 5 star. It would make sense, seeing Klee's popularity.
Klee is a death incarnate , 4☆ will definitely wouldn't be able to compete with her. But looking at hu Tao's in my games... Well, not many people run her. Even less know what to do with her. I think Rosaria will never leave the coal mines too lol

just give it off for an anniversary or something
Yeah, exactly.
nothing just the primo and hasta la vista baby.
I see you know how to have fun xD btw, are you doing the cooking web event? There's some primos in there.

Pejo

So here's a video to see the general flow of Eula's gameplay. Still looks kinda boring to me. I thought she was going to have 5 floating swords behind her. Also, her Elemental Skill seems to hit smaller enemies really far away, kinda ruining the delayed effect of her burst.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

So here's a video to see the general flow of Eula's gameplay. Still looks kinda boring to me. I thought she was going to have 5 floating swords behind her. Also, her Elemental Skill seems to hit smaller enemies really far away, kinda ruining the delayed effect of her burst.

Have they ever altered beta characters where it differs from what is leaked?

Pejo

Have they ever altered beta characters where it differs from what is leaked?
Xiao was considerably nerfed from what I read. I guess his toilet plunger gameplay used to be broken on a whole different scale. Supposedly Mona and Ninguang swapped their rarities. Supposedly Hu Tao was originally a 4*. As far as movesets, I don't believe so.

Saber

Gold Member

Doesn't seems like a big deal. They may end up reducing her star rate.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Doesn't seems like a big deal. They may end up reducing her star rate.
Doubtful. Unless they swap rarity with Shenli another Cryo Claymore lady.

I mean once you get past the slow attack animations Eu La La ain't nothing special. Just pure power creep.

Her burst doesn't have sustained AoE that I would have considered her for so she's an easy pass.

She could possibly be a decent offtank but if you have C6 Noelle why waste all your time on 5* trash.

Fire Squirrel would probably give you more pow for your primo.

Saber

Gold Member
Doubtful. Unless they swap rarity with Shenli another Cryo Claymore lady.

I mean once you get past the slow attack animations Eu La La ain't nothing special. Just pure power creep.

Thats exactly why this was my guess. Theres nothing special in her kit. Even if she ends being buff, still too simplistic for a 5 star.

BlackM1st

Banned
Thats exactly why this was my guess. Theres nothing special in her kit. Even if she ends being buff, still too simplistic for a 5 star.
Yeah, even Electric Cat's kit is more diverse and let's you jump around open world almost as good as Venti. And don't get me started on animations lol

Dregnel

5Oyd7Uj.png

electro herald

BlackM1st

Banned
Open world can feel pretty dead on Sunday's. 8 hours of enemy farming aaaaaand you can finally stop and reflect on your deeds. It was a massacre, a real butchery...

BlackM1st

Banned
new boss looks kind of cute
Yeah, he's the cutest yet. It's pretty fucked up that the most annoying variant of this enemy type is actually the smallest one. Everything that goes up in size is a big target and is pretty easy to deal with. Actually, come to think of it, I also hate small fire flowers and small flies. Damn, there's a system to this madness...

Fuz

Banned
Yeah, he's the cutest yet. It's pretty fucked up that the most annoying variant of this enemy type is actually the smallest one. Everything that goes up in size is a big target and is pretty easy to deal with. Actually, come to think of it, I also hate small fire flowers and small flies. Damn, there's a system to this madness...
Small flies are the worst enemy in the game. Thank god there are very few of them around.
And fuck auto targeting always going for them instead of the cicin mage.

Dregnel

is there any way to change the D-pad of the ps4 controller on pc, the buttons sucks, how can the people feel confortable changing characters there instead the shoulders buttons.

DonJorginho

Banned
Today my younger sister was screeching in her room and pacing in excitement, I asked her what happened, she could barely speak and just ushered me into her room and shown me that she had just got someone called Venti.

I never realised just how big of a deal this game was till now, as I am uneducated on this game, is this a big character to get? :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dregnel

Today my younger sister was screeching in her room and pacing in excitement, I asked her what happened, she could barely speak and just ushered me into her room and shown me that she had just got someone called Venti.

I never realised just how big of a deal this game was till now, as I am uneducated on this game, is this a big character to get? :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Right now he is the strongest 5* crowd controller because he creates a strom that sucks in opponents so they can't hit you at all, he facilitates the late game content a lot, the probability to get him is 0.6% or 90 pulls for 50/50 chance or 180 pulls for guaranteed that is about 2 or three months farming.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Right now he is the strongest 5* crowd controller because he creates a strom that sucks in opponents so they can't hit you at all, he facilitates the late game content a lot, the probability to get him is 0.6% or 90 pulls for 50/50 chance or 180 pulls for guaranteed that is about 2 or three months farming.
I got her a £5 pack that gave you those primogems daily but she has been grinding her socks off bless her, now I see why she has been so pumped thanks for the info!

BlackM1st

Banned
I got her a £5 pack that gave you those primogems daily but she has been grinding her socks off bless her, now I see why she has been so pumped thanks for the info!
Damn, your sis is lucky. Venti is so op and easy to use. Not the strongest DMG dealer, but probably strongest character overall.

is there any way to change the D-pad of the ps4 controller on pc, the buttons sucks, how can the people feel confortable changing characters there instead the shoulders buttons.
There is only 2 shoulder buttons? I dunno man, I think even on PS4 you can't change the buttons. Anyway, you'll get used to it ;D
Maybe there's a way if you go deeper in the controller's own setup and switch its internal buttons map, but I can't guarantee that it's even possible or worth the hassle just for 1 game.

Dregnel

Damn, your sis is lucky. Venti is so op and easy to use. Not the strongest DMG dealer, but probably strongest character overall.

There is only 2 shoulder buttons? I dunno man, I think even on PS4 you can't change the buttons. Anyway, you'll get used to it ;D
Maybe there's a way if you go deeper in the controller's own setup and switch its internal buttons map, but I can't guarantee that it's even possible or worth the hassle just for 1 game.
i know i could use a software but i'm scared i don't even want to try it, but how could you move while you switching characters in this way i don't get it all.

BlackM1st

Banned
i know i could use a software but i'm scared i don't even want to try it, but how could you move while you switching characters in this way i don't get it all.
Um... I play on PS since PS1 man, I'm used to weird shit. Try searching "Monster Hunter Claw" lol( I never used it, but PS had its moments...)

Anyway, about your question. I dunno man. I just switch and it takes less than a second? Game is really not that demanding that you have to switch while non stop moving. Not once I thought "damn, I wish switch was on another button". Actually characters switch too fast, game can't react fast enough to a button press and I constantly getting message "can't switch character" because I'm constantly moving or doing something, so to me it's not a problem. And like I said, everyone on PS play like that so game should be kinda optimised for this button setup.

Dregnel

Um... I play on PS since PS1 man, I'm used to weird shit. Try searching "Monster Hunter Claw" lol( I never used it, but PS had its moments...)

Anyway, about your question. I dunno man. I just switch and it takes less than a second? Game is really not that demanding that you have to switch while non stop moving. Not once I thought "damn, I wish switch was on another button". Actually characters switch too fast, game can't react fast enough to a button press and I constantly getting message "can't switch character" because I'm constantly moving or doing something, so to me it's not a problem. And like I said, everyone on PS play like that so game should be kinda optimised for this button setup.
I get small heart attacks when an archer is aiming at me and I can't move while switching otherwise it feels very comfortable.

BlackM1st

Banned
I get small heart attacks when an archer is aiming at me and I can't move while switching
LOL, archers. Bring Noelle to your party and forget about getting any damage at all. I don't care about archers , but electric one's can be annoying, so I just dodge and switch during their reloading window. Not a big deal, really. Especially if you have Cocogoat that can 1/2 shot entire groups of small goblins. Most of the times I run around with Klee and Cocogoat, so switching is not something I'm using very often. I tried Ning and her constantly missing targets get old very fast so I went to a greener, goat occupied pastures.

Dregnel

LOL, archers. Bring Noelle to your party and forget about getting any damage at all. I don't care about archers , but electric one's can be annoying, so I just dodge and switch during their reloading window. Not a big deal, really. Especially if you have Cocogoat that can 1/2 shot entire groups of small goblins. Most of the times I run around with Klee and Cocogoat, so switching is not something I'm using very often. I tried Ning and her constantly missing targets get old very fast so I went to a greener, goat occupied pastures.
i have zhongli with almost 40k hp and i still feel in this way because hu tao syndrome i guess :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dregnel

All I can say is that "we told you so" and "don't stick it in the crazy pull on weirdos with questionable mechanics and awkward setups" ;D
i don't mind i don't see anything interesting to pull this month but i am upgrading the MC and amber because i'm stuck at floor 11, the archers destroy the monolith and i need taunts and block, zhongli is not good because his pillar is very small.

BlackM1st

Banned
i don't mind i don't see anything interesting to pull this month but i am upgrading the MC and amber because i'm stuck at floor 11, the archers destroy the monolith and i need taunts and block, zhongli is not good because his pillar is very small.
Venti can solve all your problems ;D or maybe try Ning's shield

Dregnel

Venti can solve all your problems ;D or maybe try Ning's shield
i will try with ning+Mc tomorrow, i don't have alot of wishes i will wait, also tieba uncle said that a new character with jeans e and venti's ulti is in developing, may be bull** but who knows.

Last edited:
Congratulations, as without really knowing much about the game at all, you just made the wisest investment you can, at least if you are going to spend money. The worst is buying primogems outright and using them to wish for characters. Here's something from the OT that you might be interested to read about, concerning why I suggest not spending money to buy wishes in this game. Note this doesn't get into the "if you make 90 wishes on the promo banner you are guaranteed either a random five star or the featured five star character" aspect of the game, as that's explained elsewhere in the OT.

Reason 1 - Wishes are way overpriced

For every 10 wishes on the promotional character banner you will get one of the following:

• A new four star character.
  • A duplicate character that essentially makes that character more powerful.
  • A new four star weapon.
  • A duplicate weapon that can be use on a different character, or fused into the same weapon to increase its power.

Now some numbers, with currency in US dollars:

Number of primogems for a single wish = 160.
Number for a 10 pull of wishes = 1600. Math!
Cost of 980 primogems, which isn't even enough for a 10 pull = $14.99.
Cost of 1980 primogems, which of course still isn't enough to do two 10 pulls = $29.99.
The real cost for a single 10 pull = $26.67

But again, you can't even purchase the amount of gems required for a single ten pull in the game without paying more money for more gems than you need. So you're paying half the price of a brand new $60 dollar retail game for a single ten pull.
For 15 ten pulls, you're looking at $400.

And remember, each ten pull MIGHT result in a 4 star character, or it might result in a 4 star weapon, and each of those 10 wishes has a 0.6 percent chance to result in a five star. Once you've done some pulls with the money you earn in-game, you'll understand just how overpriced this is, which brings us to the second reason you shouldn't spend money in Genshin Impact.

Reason 2 - Wishes can be earned in-game.

Number of primogems that you can earn each day by doing 4 daily commissions that will take about 15 minutes = 60.
Cost of 60 primogems, which is the same amount you can make for playing the game for 15 minutes each day = $0.99
The amount of currency that a month of playing for 15 minutes a day can earn you = 1800 primogems.

So essentially, you can "make" $29.70 in real fake money, just by playing the game for 15 minutes a day over the course of a month. And that doesn't even go into all the ways you can earn primogems outside of those 15 minutes.

After playing about a month, I had over 10,000 primogems, many of which were earned through achievements or quests that can only be done once. But each new area of the game that gets added will have additional methods to earn primogems. You'll still earn pulls, but it will take a little longer.

Last edited:
I can't get over how boring Diluc's kit is. Mash buttons for big damage and use skill for fire effect. Absolutley no support value, no healing, no shielding, no taunt, no cc, no exploration use etc. I have him at lvl 90 with a lvl 85 Wolf's G and he decimates almost everything in front of him but he is such a bore to play that I always stick to Klee for pyro than him. Venti I feel is the best designed 5* in terms of power, support, defense and exploration value.

Top Bottom