• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Absolutely fucking nothing lol

Venti is limited. Diluc is not. Venti is an Ancient God. Diluc is not. Venti is an alcoholic. Diluc is his dealer.

So is Jean, Qiqi, Mona and Keqing but they all have more than one feature.

Jean - Damage, heal, cc.
Mona - Damage, taunt.
Qiqi - Damage, heal, explore.
Keqing - Damage, explore.

Diluc is the only one trick pony. I guess you can argue that Xiao is as well but even his skills can be used for defensive purposes to avoid some attacks.

Fake

I can't see Diluc making much about his build. His build pretty much match up with his personality, with I find totally fine.

Unlike Xinyan stupid shield ideia. Her kit have nothing to do with rock&roll personality.

Pejo

I'm afraid that if I keep playing the harp mini-game on my ultrawide monitor I'm going to end up like this:

marty feldman 80s GIF
This definitely hits home after doing the new round of event minigames. On my new TV this is almost unplayable. I ended up just moving over to mobile for the rhythm game.
Crazy Eyes Meme GIF by MOODMAN

I'm actually enjoying the game quite a bit more now that I did the AR45 uncap quest. I like that I actually get to fight the enemies again instead of just running up and 1-shotting them and moving on. I saw moves from the larger Geovishaps that I've never seen previously. So far I only max ascended Traveler since it's essentially "free". I'm going to keep everyone at 80 for a while and stockpile some materials. I looked at the requirements for level 90 and it's 6 of those fucking gold gems and 20 "boss" materials, not to mention around 175 xp writs to get from 80-90. Definitely something I'll do down the line, but I don't really need it right now and I kinda like seeing my mora/materials/xp books not at 0 for a change. I even got a new daily in Dragonspine today where I had to lead a fire seelie to a guy. I am already dreading doing enough Oceanid fights to max ascend Childe and Barbara.

BlackM1st

Banned
So is Jean, Qiqi, Mona and Keqing but they all have more than one feature.

Jean - Damage, heal, cc.
Mona - Damage, taunt.
Qiqi - Damage, heal, explore.
Keqing - Damage, explore.

Diluc is the only one trick pony. I guess you can argue that Xiao is as well but even his skills can be used for defensive purposes to avoid some attacks.
One trick pony that hits like a truck without any strategy involved no matter what enemy he's facing.

As for your list:

• Jean - CC. Heal. DMG is really not there if you want to use her as a main DD. Still, probably the most versatile standard hero.
  • QiQi - heal. DMG also is not there.
  • Mona - no DMG whatsoever, definitely not something you want to invest in. Taunt and Ultimate is what you are looking for.
  • Electric cat - Good DMG. But can't kill shields and electro falls flat compared to Diluc's fire. Overall, a good starting DD if you don't have anything better. Elemental skill is ok, probably something without what she could have been a 4☆.
Diluc is just so much stronger than any above character that his one dimensional nature is not something that can bring his overall rating down imo. He's not a limited drop and can fit in any team no matter what. Don't compare him to Klee. She's in the league of her own. Just like Venti. Now that new 5☆ from 1.5 is definitely a scam.

Her kit have nothing to do with rock&roll personality.
Yeah, what about live fast & die young? She should have been a main DD with Hu Tao's kit. Living on the edge and doing insane DMG before her eventual premature death lol

So far I only max ascended Traveler since it's essentially "free". I'm going to keep everyone at 80 for a while and stockpile some materials.
You're really wasting your time and resources. Upgrade your main DD to 90 and raise your world level to the max. After that, farm to your heart content. There's no reason to level up everyone at the same time xD

I am already dreading doing enough Oceanid fights to max ascend Childe and Barbara.
My second favorite boss after electric cube. Very predictable, very easy to kill, no unnecessary additional phases. I kill him mostly standing in 1 place.

Fake

Yeah, what about live fast & die young? She should have been a main DD with Hu Tao's kit. Living on the edge and doing insane DMG before her eventual premature death lol

Agree. Rock bands IRL usally are very agressive while playing music, so WTH she is so defensive?

Maybe removing her shield, but instead she don't need to hit target to make a sound damaging music around her.

And her elemental burst sucks. She could put a rock band in the place she used the elemental skill and that place keep burst foes with fire element.

BlackM1st

Banned

Ayy we got Nadeshiko (and Hayasaka) in Genshin if true.
UQDgQHh.jpg

Eh. 2 lines of text and some "ah" noises. I just can't get excited for popular VA's as we never actually hear their voices. I dunno. Maybe I'm wrong and true weebs are happy with what they're getting.

Fuz

Banned
Eh. 2 lines of text and some "ah" noises. I just can't get excited for popular VA's as we never actually hear their voices. I dunno. Maybe I'm wrong and true weebs are happy with what they're getting.
Weebs are happy with a spiked dildo in their asses that costed them thousand of dollars, if it has a waifu painted on it.

YukiOnna

I just play their profile character lines to feel satisfaction because that's all the story they get sometimes...

Weebs are happy with a spiked dildo in their asses that costed them thousand of dollars, if it has a waifu painted on it.
Can confirm.

I can't see Diluc making much about his build. His build pretty much match up with his personality, with I find totally fine.

Unlike Xinyan stupid shield ideia. Her kit have nothing to do with rock&roll personality.

Diluc's in game personality is he works in the shadows as a dark knight vigilante. His kit on the other hand is all flashy and in your face. Noelle is a maid but her kit is that of a bodyguard. In game personality has nothing to do with the kit as far as GI is concerned. My point was Diluc is good for people who want to follow meta and have a super powered character but not for players who want interesting mechanics to have fun fighting enemies.

One trick pony that hits like a truck without any strategy involved no matter what enemy he's facing.

As for your list:

• Jean - CC. Heal. DMG is really not there if you want to use her as a main DD. Still, probably the most versatile standard hero.
  • QiQi - heal. DMG also is not there.
  • Mona - no DMG whatsoever, definitely not something you want to invest in. Taunt and Ultimate is what you are looking for.
  • Electric cat - Good DMG. But can't kill shields and electro falls flat compared to Diluc's fire. Overall, a good starting DD if you don't have anything better. Elemental skill is ok, probably something without what she could have been a 4☆.
Diluc is just so much stronger than any above character that his one dimensional nature is not something that can bring his overall rating down imo. He's not a limited drop and can fit in any team no matter what. Don't compare him to Klee. She's in the league of her own. Just like Venti. Now that new 5☆ from 1.5 is definitely a scam.

You're really wasting your time and resources. Upgrade your main DD to 90 and raise your world level to the max. After that, farm to your heart content. There's no reason to level up everyone at the same time xD

My second favorite boss after electric cube. Very predictable, very easy to kill, no unnecessary additional phases. I kill him mostly standing in 1 place.

I am not saying Diluc is bad. I am saying for anyone who has multiple options of choosing from damage dealers he is a boring character to play with. When compared to Ganyu, Klee, Childe etc. who all have interesting gameplay or support/defensive functions Diluc has nothing. Also by damage I meant they can do damage along with the other stuff they have, not as a dps damage dealer.

BlackM1st

Banned
I am saying for anyone who has multiple options of choosing from damage dealers he is a boring character to play with. When compared to Ganyu, Klee, Childe etc. who all have interesting gameplay or support/defensive functions Diluc has nothing.
He doesn't need to, but I see your point.

Pejo

Tired Charles Barkley GIF by NBA on TNT

8 weeks with pure reruns and shitty 4 stars
Further than that if you don't care about Eula and the other 4*. I'm really bummed that 1.5 isn't Chasm. Housing system will be a fun side activity but it shouldn't be a whole patch to itself.

Dregnel

Further than that if you don't care about Eula and the other 4*. I'm really bummed that 1.5 isn't Chasm. Housing system will be a fun side activity but it shouldn't be a whole patch to itself.
i don't usually pull for 4 stars, i have better luck sometimes getting a 5* instead a 4*, unless I am interested in the 5 * I don't pull the banner, the four star character will appear in the store sooner or later or i will get it while pulling on another banner it's still 50/50 and 50/3.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Can't believe some people actually getting 5☆ not in 90. Never happened to me. Also, I won 50/50 only once. Damn you C1 Geo Lord owners! :mad:

Pejo

Can't believe some people actually getting 5☆ not in 90. Never happened to me. Also, I won 50/50 only once. Damn you C1 Geo Lord owners! :mad:
I got pretty lucky in the beginning. I rerolled until I had Qiqi and Jean, then I lost a few 50/50 to Keqing, but I got Childe C2 in 95 rolls on his original banner, on top of Diona C6. Also, unless you're really unlucky, you should never be going the whole way to 90 for pity. 72-78 is the general sweet spot where people will hit 5*.

Dregnel

I got pretty lucky in the beginning. I rerolled until I had Qiqi and Jean, then I lost a few 50/50 to Keqing, but I got Childe C2 in 95 rolls on his original banner, on top of Diona C6. Also, unless you're really unlucky, you should never be going the whole way to 90 for pity. 72-78 is the general sweet spot where people will hit 5*.
that is me too i only won the 50/50 with klee it really hurts when give you a constellation, i have mona c1, jean, zghonli, klee, hu tao, qeqing. it's not alot but i think it's fine because i'm 100% f2p, i still have 47 wishes.

Dregnel

we all have shitty luck if you think about it, i was happy because i got characters that i wanted but this system with 50/50 is terrible, From now on it will be very rare if i don't get a constellation instead a new characters because I've already got half of the 5 stars.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

I got Qiqi again last night. Just weird how this game works, the last time I pulled was the Hu Tao banner and only once. Was trying to get Kaeya constelation...

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
we all have shitty luck if you think about it, i was happy because i got characters that i wanted but this system with 50/50 is terrible, From now on it will be very rare if i don't get a constellation instead a new characters becauseI've already got half of the 5 stars.
I wonder if that's the reason why standard 5☆ heroes has such shitty constellations...xD

Was trying to get Kaeya constelation...
Standard 4☆ are fucking rare.

Pejo

Is the Wanmin web event already over? When I go to the event page, I can't cook anything else, and it doesn't even let me select a tray anymore. Maybe there was a limit of 3 trays you could make? That's all I did, I think.

Is the Wanmin web event already over? When I go to the event page, I can't cook anything else, and it doesn't even let me select a tray anymore. Maybe there was a limit of 3 trays you could make? That's all I did, I think.
You could only get the primogems and other rewards three times, but I think it said you could continue cooking to get the meals sent to you in-game. I didn't bother with that though. Not sure if it's over now.

Is something wrong with the music harp event?
In my case, all buttons are squares and the game doesn't respond to any of my buttons.

Also, I wish someday they fix Xynian. How can she be ignored for that long is beyond me...

There was an official "fix" mentioned in the update notes sometime in the past couple of days. Set your controls back to the default. It worked for me, so I hope it works for you as well. That explains why some people were having issues, and some were not.

Saber

Gold Member
There was an official "fix" mentioned in the update notes sometime in the past couple of days. Set your controls back to the default. It worked for me, so I hope it works for you as well. That explains why some people were having issues, and some were not.

Dunno if I can call this a fix if I have to set the controls to default, but ok.

Fake

Diluc's in game personality is he works in the shadows as a dark knight vigilante. His kit on the other hand is all flashy and in your face.

Is this don't make sense? For me make totally sense. Boring? Maybe, but totally sense from his personality.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
There was an official "fix" mentioned in the update notes sometime in the past couple of days. Set your controls back to the default. It worked for me, so I hope it works for you as well.
Fuck the mini game, it's nothing. Sometimes I can't start coop play after everyone press ready because displaying buttons doesn't match the description xD

BlackM1st

Banned
Is this don't make sense? For me make totally sense. Boring? Maybe, but totally sense from his personality.
He means that Diluc's style is all flashy and LOUD aesthetically wise. Something like Superman's fighting style. While it would be more fitting for him to have a Batman like style, closer to a ninja because Diluc operates in the shadows.

crumbs

For something that's supposed to be random, I've been getting the same 3 mini-games in the same order 95% of the time: Memorize the path, the barrage dodging game, and the falling flowers. I've only had the rumbling floor game once and the bubble dodging twice. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For something that's supposed to be random, I've been getting the same 3 mini-games in the same order 95% of the time: Memorize the path, the barrage dodging game, and the falling flowers. I've only had the rumbling floor game once and the bubble dodging twice. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, it sucks. Especially when you try to complete specific challenges, and you just can't get the right mini-games to come out.

Fake

He means that Diluc's style is all flashy and LOUD aesthetically wise. Something like Superman's fighting style. While it would be more fitting for him to have a Batman like style, closer to a ninja because Diluc operates in the shadows.

Well, he is the badass char, maybe more like Batman than Superman style. His elemental skill act more like auto attack cancel aka moba games.

Last edited:

Yes exactly. Talking about ninja I just got a thought about those treasure hoarders. Why do they say "test subject" while fighting and then ninja out? They are not doing any experiments and do not seem like a ninja clan and all but just regular thugs hoarding treasures right? I can imagine Fatui being into experimentation and all but not those guys. Not sure what their backstory is or will it be given any explanation.

BlackM1st

Banned
Why do they say "test subject" while fighting and then ninja out?
1. Play with jap voice over.
2. Kill 'em. Don't let them go "poof". Remember, our motto is "no survivors".
They are not doing any experiments and do not seem like a ninja clan and all but just regular thugs hoarding treasures right?
Their leader is a girl who supposedly using their greed as a tool to get in different tombs and raid them. As to why regular brutes want to "research you" , I have no idea. Maybe Wiki knows more.

Why do they say "test subject" while fighting and then ninja out? They are not doing any experiments and do not seem like a ninja clan and all but just regular thugs hoarding treasures right?
This just seems like general western censorship because they might see the game as being targeted to kids.
It's like when dubbing companies removed references to alcohol in "kids shows"; she's just drinking juice now.

The treasure horders always seemed to me like they were just robbing and murdering, the test subject thing makes no sense and has to be some kind of executive change imo.

Last edited:

Pejo

This just seems like general western censorship because they might see the game as being targeted to kids.
It's like when dubbing companies removed references to alcohol in "kids shows"; she's just drinking juice now.

The treasure horders always seemed to me like they were just robbing and murdering, the test subject thing makes no sense and has to be some kind of executive change imo.
Genshin is so widely inconsistent with its censorship.

Upskirts? No - you get transparency filters. Gliding upskirts? Yes, that's fine
Death of humans? Treasure Hoarders - No - you get ninja bombs and "run away". Zhongli story quest - Humans turned to salt in horrifying fashion while killing their deity.
Pantsu? No. Leggings/Hosiery fetish? Everywhere.
Big boobs? No. Drunkards to the point of child neglect? Cool.
Noelle's lewd notes? No. Ying'er's Innuendo about pottery/brothels? Ehe, of course!

Personally I wish they wouldn't do any of this censorship stuff, but it just seems like they flip a coin whether or not they can include something.

Upskirts? No - you get transparency filters. Gliding upskirts? Yes, that's fine
I'm not so sure that's actually censorship. Characters go transparent whenever the camera goes near them. It happens with male and female characters, and it doesn't matter what body part is blocking. I'm pretty sure the same thing happens with characters who aren't controlled by the player as well. It happens in a lot of games to make sure the camera doesn't get blocked.

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm not so sure that's actually censorship.
Oh, it's definitely a censorship.
Genshin Simpact breaking barriers.
Venti is on a road to double any of mentioned characters. Just like Kleeeeeee did. All I'm getting when playing with GI friends is "uwu, I want Klee, uwu, best gurl, uwu, too cute". I also see a lot of people wanting QiQi despite having Jean. Looks like most people just want cute characters.
why don't they use the image with qeqing and her data too? :messenger_smirking:
Man, that was a disaster. She's such a tough sell. Cute, but ultimately not someone you immediately remember when thinking about DMG dealers in GI.Nice to have, but not when she cockblocks you from a desired hero. I can see here having a "I'm is all you need, commander" line in the future updates... All in all I hope for Geo Lord rerun. Looks like he's someone a lot of people want so there's a big chance that he will return.

Pantsu? No.
You're right in more ways than one. Most characters definitely doesn't wear any underwear. Lewd.

Dregnel

gHYnDuE.png

i'm against censorship but in china they lost the battle long time ago, I remember when I used to laugh at the Chinese version of Blade and Soul while playing the NA version.

BlackM1st

Banned
gHYnDuE.png

i'm against censorship but in china they lost the battle long time ago, I remember when I used to laugh at the Chinese version of Blade and Soul while playing the NA version.
Cover on top of the cover...
oIzYPVX.jpg

Meanwhile you can see where all that unnecessary fluff comes from:
7HdkYXx.png

"Traditional Chinese dress" lol

BlackM1st

Banned
We need to storm ice slimes domain. We have a team of 4. In our team we have:
  • Klee
  • Xiao
  • Hu Tao
  • QiQi
Who we actually bring into domain:
  • Klee
  • Fischl
  • Bennett
  • Kaeya
None of 4☆ was actually leveled or did any DMG. What's wrong with people? xD Then Fischl complained that it was "very stressful". Yeah, no shit D:

Top Bottom