• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
Windsong Lyre is fun, but I can't imagine a lot of people using it. I would prefer to have it as part of the furniture set because I can't use it, but I like how it looks xD

crumbs

An easy way around this would be to do RNG for the Peculiar Wonder events until you max the tickets for that round. After maxing it out, it should open up and allow you pick the 3 mini-games you want to play, since at that point you're not getting any rewards.

It's crazy that a game that is lacking in content will continue to lock stuff behind RNG. Even during the tower defense game from 1.3, I only played on 4 different stages, so I think I missed a couple of those.

Imagine being a player that started at the beginning of January. You'd be pretty far in terms of AR at this point, but you would have missed the Meteor event and the Festering Desire sword event on Dragonspine, along with their story content.

Pejo

Ah, yes...here's what I've been waiting for. People with too much free time and no resin and an inclination for music.

*edit* - anyone know how to link reddit posts without having the videos autoplay? Sorry if I just raped somebody's ears with multiple clips autoplaying at once.

Here's just one for now.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Imagine being a player that started at the beginning of January. You'd be pretty far in terms of AR at this point, but you would have missed the Meteor event and the Festering Desire sword event on Dragonspine, along with their story content.
It's normal for such games. FOMO is real lol

Ah, yes...here's what I've been waiting for.
Nice cover. Still, Genshin can't touch Final Fantasy OSTs. I wonder what Inazuma will sound like. Second nation's ost didn't impressed me at all. First one was top tier.

BlackM1st

Banned
Bit dissapoint about the last quest. Was expecting a better end.
B4TLqZ3.jpg

Yeah, we all did...

BlackM1st

Banned
traveler sister appears to tease everyone and the traveler fight the new boss.
Traveler's sibling is far smarter/successful than our protagonist. They don't care about meaningless festival with non existent symbol dedicated to a false God. Even false God didn't cared about it and just wanted to get drunk for free. Finally, we got some proper writing lol

Pejo

I liked the event story/quests. They weren't mindblowing or anything, but they gave all of the Mondstadt characters (except Mona and Fischl for some reason) some characterization and interaction. Also I'm glad they at least acknowledged Dvalin a bit. I'm curious if next year's Windblue/Lantern festival will continue the stories or if it will just rehash the same stuff. If it continues, people that didn't play this year will be confused as hell, if it repeats, then a lot of people will be disappointed. The quests all end with "to be continued..." so I'm guessing they're just going to move along.

Man, still over a week until the banner changes.

Fake

Traveler's sibling is far smarter/successful than our protagonist. They don't care about meaningless festival with non existent symbol dedicated to a false God. Even false God didn't cared about it and just wanted to get drunk for free. Finally, we got some proper writing lol

Well, she appears on the trailer.

BlackM1st

Banned
Well, she appears on the trailer.

That was just a 1.4 patch preview.

except Mona and Fischl for some reason
No Klee either, so I wouldn't look too much into it. Probably was too expensive to get so many actors on board.

Also I'm glad they at least acknowledged Dvalin a bit. I'm curious if next year's Windblue/Lantern festival will continue the stories or if it will just rehash the same stuff.
I hope for continuation just so we wouldn't get another round of tower defense. Tower Defense was ok, but it required way too much replays and became stale very fast.

Man, still over a week until the banner changes
Couldn't care less about next banner, but I want my next batch of blue wishes from the store. Can't wait to get another 3☆ sword.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Was going to pull in next banner but I am not because censorship. Also the new "content" isn't very engaging to me. Didn't even do the Lantern Festival or this one. Probably going to go on hiatus until maybe 2.0 or later when there is sizable content to play through.

Game became a job with dailies, content is dead on arrival and has no longevity, censorship of Rosaria leaves a bad taste in my mouth, plus the current leaks have shown new five star characters have lackluster movesets that are just okay with constellations. And Prototype weapon drops are near nonexistent.

Disappointing really. Because the world is pretty and the exploration is pretty nice.

Reactions: Fuz

Saber

Gold Member
Disappointing really. Because the world is pretty and the exploration is pretty nice.

This is their own damn fault for ignoring the feedback and focus on most of cash grab stuff. They could simply respawn all the treasure boxes in the world every time a new place appears or after every major update. But no, they take ages to even implement the most simplistic healthy changes and completelly ignores real bugs, like Xynian which appears that won't be fixed at all. What about that dungeons that you beat once and then the place is empty forever? What about quest dungeons? Those places could be reutilized for challenges, but even those are easly forgotten.

They should all start losing money so they start to rush their pants into taking the feedback more seriously.

Hmmm I was thinking that I won't have to pull for long but now I think about it Zhongli is pretty unique so maybe I'll try for him.
This is their own damn fault for ignoring the feedback and focus on most of cash grab stuff. They could simply respawn all the treasure boxes in the world every time a new place appears or after every major update. But no, they take ages to even implement the most simplistic healthy changes and completelly ignores real bugs, like Xynian which appears that won't be fixed at all. What about that dungeons that you beat once and then the place is empty forever? What about quest dungeons? Those places could be reutilized for challenges, but even those are easly forgotten.

They should all start losing money so they start to rush their pants into taking the feedback more seriously.

Things that will make GI experience better without major overhaul:

1. Every BP period, respawn at least basic and exquisite chests if not all.
2. Allow artifacts to be upgraded by ores
3. Include 3* artifacts, ascension, weapon and talent level up materials also in wishes
4. Reduce mora costs for upgrades

Fake

There are amazing abilities locked behind 4 star artifacts like instructor and brave heart.

Both should get a 5 star version. Full wardering trope combo is a shit in comparison with full set instructor.

Last edited:

Pejo

There are amazing abilities locked behind 4 star artifacts like instructor and brave heart.

Both should get a 5 star version. Full wardering trope combo is a shit in comparison with full set instructor.
I want an 5* Exile so bad for my supports. I hate not having easy access to energy recharge at 5* artifacts.

Anyways, it's up!

Cannot wait! I have all of her materials and xp books to get her to 80 immediately, and about 6000 primos for the banner + April's store wishes. Let's hope she's fun to actually play. I'm hoping for some good luck here that I get her to C2 before the banner ends. C'mon RNG.

1 Rosaria per day until her banner.
dYxXmUB.jpg

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I want an 5* Exile so bad for my supports. I hate not having easy access to energy recharge at 5* artifacts.

Anyways, it's up!

Cannot wait! I have all of her materials and xp books to get her to 80 immediately, and about 6000 primos for the banner + April's store wishes. Let's hope she's fun to actually play. I'm hoping for some good luck here that I get her to C2 before the banner ends. C'mon RNG.

1 Rosaria per day until her banner.
dYxXmUB.jpg

If you have 6000 primos stores up and spend them all rolling for R you should have several C’s for her. If she is anything like Xinquie was for me she will drop 15 times.

I would like them to extend the BP past 50 levels and provide weekly boss “tokens”. That way I can turn those tokens in for core weapon craft-able materials. It has been over 7 weeks since a weekly boss dropped a weapon for me to craft.

BlackM1st

Banned
I would like them to extend the BP past 50 levels and provide weekly boss “tokens”.
50 is perfectly fine, small downtime lets you to spend your resin exactly how you want without worrying on missing out on BP rewards. As for prototype weapons - they could include them into current 50 levels, like they're previously did with extra resin. Looks like MiHoYo will finally address bad RNG from world bosses and will let you to convert useless to you word boss talent materials into something you actually want.

Cannot wait! I have all of her materials and xp books to get her to 80
LOL, such dedication to a 4☆

Fuz

Banned

You... want more artifacts to farm?

53pqvb.jpg

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
50 is perfectly fine, small downtime lets you to spend your resin exactly how you want without worrying on missing out on BP rewards. As for prototype weapons - they could include them into current 50 levels, like they're previously did with extra resin. Looks like MiHoYo will finally address bad RNG from world bosses and will let you to convert useless to you word boss talent materials into something you actually want.

LOL, such dedication to a 4☆
18 days is to much of a downtime imo. With the Monthly BP exp you can farm completing the BP takes less than half of the month.
It would be great to have an extra grind after finishing the Monthly BP, just more incentive to keep higher level players in the game. Once you hit AR 56 there really isn't much in the world to discover and running through the spiral abyss with D and E tier character teams wears thin pretty quickly.

Not a huge animal crossing fan, so the upcoming house mechanic doesn't seem particularly attractive to me at this time, but maybe that opinion will change!

Instructor is far better. Besides, charged attacks vary between chars.

Many bow/catalyst heavy hitters like Ganyu, Klee, Ning etc. greatly benefit from wandering 4 piece. Their charged attack is already buffed based on their kit and wandering just makes it more awesome by increasing it by 35%. I have no issues instructor getting 5 stared but wandering should remain as-is. Different characters benefit differently based on the artifact set and hence the several choices. Just because wandering is not suitable for few characters does not mean its useless for everyone.

Fake

Many bow/catalyst heavy hitters like Ganyu, Klee, Ning etc. greatly benefit from wandering 4 piece. Their charged attack is already buffed based on their kit and wandering just makes it more awesome by increasing it by 35%. I have no issues instructor getting 5 stared but wandering should remain as-is. Different characters benefit differently based on the artifact set and hence the several choices. Just because wandering is not suitable for few characters does not mean its useless for everyone.

For the best Instructor and Brave Heart should get a 5 star version. I just not like the Wandering trope because if very limited, maybe work with some chars, but for me is a no go.

Instructor on the other wand works pretty much with everyone because the elemental master buff is for everyone on the party, so is very versatile combo.

Pretty much any mage works well with Instructor, not to mention elemental master increase elemental reaction damage output alone.

BlackM1st

Banned
Once you hit AR 56 there really isn't much in the world to discover and running through the spiral abyss with D and E tier character teams wears thin pretty quickly.
I'm pretty fucking busy every day because I need so much mats to level up all my 5☆. Boss gems, xp books, gold, weapons materials... So nah, to me, downtime is a blessing. If you need initiative to play, maybe MiHo should create more events that doesn't require resin so you can do some side stuff besides usual daily grind.

crumbs

I've started to gather resources and artifacts for Zhongli, so I'm probably jinxing myself, especially considering:

1. It was just a rumor, we don't really have confirmation yet on a Zhongli banner rerun.
2. My upcoming character banner pity is 50/50.

So worst case scenario is Qiqi (who I don't have) or a Mona constellation.

Pejo

This friggin' works. Gonna abuse it before they patch it out.

I don't think they have any interest in patching it out. It's been like that since launch. You can also just warp around to 3 different points in Mondstadt and it will cycle through those events. The log out thing is technically faster/easier since it's less loading screens though.

Fuz

Banned
I don't think they have any interest in patching it out. It's been like that since launch. You can also just warp around to 3 different points in Mondstadt and it will cycle through those events. The log out thing is technically faster/easier since it's less loading screens though.
I don't think I will abuse it anyway, took it about a dozen of logouts to max it from this:

Fischl.jpg

But hey, 5 primos.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
1. It was just a rumor, we don't really have confirmation yet on a Zhongli banner rerun.
2. My upcoming character banner pity is 50/50.
Yep, but we got leaks about his 2nd quest and New Boss and considering that we just got Venti... I would say keep up the good work and farm.

I've started to gather resources and artifacts for Zhongli,
Geo Lord C1 or go home. Plus, don't neglect Ning and level her up too. She's a monster together with him, especially if you have a couple of constellations. There's a reason a picked her as a Free New Year character despite already having her...

But hey, 20 primos
Trash spot imo. There's a better one right next to Cecilia garden with just slimes that die in 1 hit.

I'm torn between passing entirely on ice nun, or maybe trying for a single copy of her. I'm hoping sales will be low, and developers will be wondering if their changing the appearance of a character that has already been put into the game maybe played a factor. Plus, unless she's at least a better DPS than Razor, I don't see much of a point.

Last edited:

crumbs

Geo Lord C1 or go home. Plus, don't neglect Ning and level her up too. She's a monster together with him, especially if you have a couple of constellations. There's a reason a picked her as a Free New Year character despite already having her...
Yeah, I added Ninggaung pretty late and I recently got her to Lvl70 C1, but I'm finding her a little tricky to use with my current team comps. Adding Zhongli's geo resonance would make a lot of sense.

edit: Only issue I have with adding Zhongli is my lack of decent spears. I have the dragonspine spear and the dragon's bane, I think that's about it (Xiangling is the only spear user I have currently and I don't use her, so I never pay attention to what spears I have). I wonder what the best FTP spear would be for Zhongli? I guess I could go for the battle pass spear.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
. I wonder what the best FTP spear would be for Zhongli?
Crescent Pike that you can build and refine for free. It's better than paid 5☆ options if you wanna build him as your main physical DPS with his normal attacks. If you like his shields, columns and wanna do some real DMG with his ultimate then it's something from 5☆ Gacha pool or 4☆ from battle pass. Maybe Favonius lance, but it will not improve your overall DPS, just will let you use your ultimate more often. Also, despite what it's said in the description, ATK stat is still preferable to him over HP if we talk DMG bonuses. Still, having HP scaling is a massive win in my book because vast majority of artifacts come with otherwise useless HP stats.

BlackM1st

Banned
Oh by the way, fuck the RNG.
DIOBEDUINO.jpg
LOL, Xiao. Try Klee. Unlike Xiao, Klee shares her talent mats with Cocogoat and Electric cat. Still, despite that I'm yet to fully upgrade just her skills because Wolf just refuses to drop mats. My poor Cocogoat...Thankfully we will get a transformation tool in the future update.

Pejo

LOL, Xiao. Try Klee. Unlike Xiao, Klee shares her talent mats with Cocogoat and Electric cat. Still, despite that I'm yet to fully upgrade just her skills because Wolf just refuses to drop mats. My poor Cocogoat...Thankfully we will get a transformation tool in the future update.
If they're going to do this, I wish they'd just implement a currency system for weekly bosses so we get currency drops and can buy what we want from a shop. That way maybe there would be a steady source of prototypes, plus it would solve the issue with talent mats.

BlackM1st

Banned
Plus, unless she's at least a better DPS than Razor, I don't see much of a point.
Yeah, I would've said classic "tits and asses", but they butchered our gurl so now I have nothing in her defense.

Also, important thing for everyone who's interested in the housing system. Looks like we will need a lot of iron ore to build stuff, so don't run pass through it like you're usually do! Now it's a valuable item too lol

BlackM1st

Banned
If they're going to do this, I wish they'd just implement a currency system for weekly bosses so we get currency drops and can buy what we want from a shop. That way maybe there would be a steady source of prototypes, plus it would solve the issue with talent mats.
Yeah, you wish. IIRC it works only like a direct switch between fixed pool of items from the same boss. You can't transform Dragon's talents into Wolf's ones let alone choose your reward hah

Pejo

Yeah, you wish. IIRC it works only like a direct switch between fixed pool of items from the same boss. You can't transform Dragon's talents into Wolf's ones let alone choose your reward hah
Wonder what kind of time gating bullshittery they have planned for eventual level 100 uncap. 6000 xp writs per level, 20 of each boss drop, etc etc.
Anyways, back to my Rosaria per day to (hopefully) bring me some RNG luck.
pebKO05.jpg

It's not that I expect her to be particularly strong, but I just hope the Cryo resonance physical debuff play is kinda fun. It's always nice to mix up your teams and try new things.

Also, finally down to just a single achievement for the Peculiar Wonderland thing. I need to do the light up floor puzzle without stepping on a bad tile. Might just take a pic of it with my cell phone, if I ever manage to fucking get that minigame instead of the falling flower one every single time.

Saber

Gold Member

This friggin' works. Gonna abuse it before they patch it out.

Unfortunatelly, this is not new. It's been that way for ages.
The one closer to the Electro cube is better. Also, the one closer to the Wolf boss also works just fine.

I'm torn between passing entirely on ice nun, or maybe trying for a single copy of her. I'm hoping sales will be low, and developers will be wondering if their changing the appearance of a character that has already been put into the game maybe played a factor. Plus, unless she's at least a better DPS than Razor, I don't see much of a point.

Ain't gonna pull up so soon(well, theres that fire mage but anyway). The one I'm still interested is Ayaka but...godamn, how can a character from alpha and beta take so long to be even playable is beyond me. Gonna wait until there, she's one of few 5 star I ever got interest.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
but...godamn, how can a character from alpha and beta take so long to be even playable is beyond me
Probably Inazuma was supposed to come much, MUCH earlier. Plus, if they want to make people pull for her, they need to upgrade her DMG numbers substantially because by the time of her release her kit and DMG numbers will be kinda obsolete compared to already released characters. Hell, for some reason MiHo decided to release EULA before Ayaka lol

Fuz

Banned
Also, finally down to just a single achievement for the Peculiar Wonderland thing. I need to do the light up floor puzzle without stepping on a bad tile. Might just take a pic of it with my cell phone, if I ever manage to fucking get that minigame instead of the falling flower one every single time.
Co-op. Wait for the other people to go through.

Easiest one, really. I had to redo only the bubble one - can't really see where the bubbles exactly ended and too reliant on luck for them not to spawn on you at the end.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Probably Inazuma was supposed to come much, MUCH earlier. Plus, if they want to make people pull for her, they need to upgrade her DMG numbers substantially because by the time of her release her kit and DMG numbers will be kinda obsolete compared to already released characters. Hell, for some reason MiHo decided to release EULA before Ayaka lol

Couldn't they do the same they did with Zhongli? How the hell Zhongli came up without even taken consideration his numbers? Reminds me of my time with League of Legends, where the developers are so retarded ignoring the beta feedback that the players just gave up beta testing.

It's just weird knowing their model and kit is 100% done and shes there but at same time waiting to be "released". It's freaking dumb.

Last edited:
Top Bottom