• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Unfortunatelly, this is not new. It's been that way for ages.
The one closer to the Electro cube is better. Also, the one closer to the Wolf boss also works just fine.

Ain't gonna pull up so soon(well, theres that fire mage but anyway). The one I'm still interested is Ayaka but...godamn, how can a character from alpha and beta take so long to be even playable is beyond me. Gonna wait until there, she's one of few 5 star I ever got interest.
She's supposedly tightly tied into the story of Inazuma, so you won't see her until then regardless of how long she's been playable in beta. Kinda like Xiao and the lantern festival.

Count. 4 3 4 3 etc. Usually pattern is very straightforward and you need to have a golden fish brains to mix you turns, so just count the number of tiles in each turn.
Right after I made that post I got it done the very next game I played. All done with the event now. Store emptied, all achievements done, BP mission done, all tiers of challenges done. Back to resin grind I go.

What's next week again? New Dainslief story quest, Childe/Rosaria banner, anything else? Oh yea the Oceanid boss event.

Saber

Gold Member
She's supposedly tightly tied into the story of Inazuma, so you won't see her until then regardless of how long she's been playable in beta. Kinda like Xiao and the lantern festival.

Straight to the point then:

Why beta test a character that will be take way too long to be even released?

If they even know what beta test means.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
New Dainslief story quest, Childe/Rosaria banner, anything else? Oh yea the Oceanid boss event.
Yep, sounds like a wrap for 1.4.

Why beta test a character that will be take way too long to be even released?

If they even know what beta test means.
Probably just a tease, plus her kit is different enough to be worthy of testing. Like I said, looks like they fucked up the Inazuma and now relying on re-runs and fillers.

Couldn't they do the same they did with Zhongli? How the hell Zhongli came up without even taken consideration his numbers?
Hah, yeah, that was a disaster lmao. Geo Lord was very important to them, so maybe enough people complained and they took the action. But look at electric cat. She's also a VIP lore vise, but she's purposefully left in the A tier ghetto because Baal is coming and MiHo is afraid to buff Electric cat beyond Baal power levels. Maybe MiHo cares only about Gods and Ayaka(Jap princess) is risking to be left in a dust , just like E Cat (Chinese princess).

Saber

Gold Member

So... was this known too? Can't try it myself until monday, anyone able to confirm/deny?

Frankly, never heard of this. Not sure can be reliable(I mean, lack of prototypes is a thing and even considered a bug by most), only testing will tell.

Last edited:

crumbs

Also, finally down to just a single achievement for the Peculiar Wonderland thing. I need to do the light up floor puzzle without stepping on a bad tile. Might just take a pic of it with my cell phone, if I ever manage to fucking get that minigame instead of the falling flower one every single time.

I'm in the same situation, except I'm waiting for the other memory based floor game, when it disappears and pieces reappear slowly. You have to make in under 30 or 40 seconds or something. I had it pop once during the 4th phase of the event, and of course, I totally botched it by rushing to get the achievement. Now I haven't seen it for the last 10+ attempts :messenger_expressionless:

Pejo

Same guy who I took the friendship spot from. Worth a try. RNGs work in misterious ways.
I'd be more inclined to believe it if he showed the same behavior from multiple weeks. That vid was taken before 1.4, (because of the layout of the rewards screen), so he's had ample time to take more videos and append them to show that it works.

In other words, it's 99.99% fake.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I'm pretty fucking busy every day because I need so much mats to level up all my 5☆. Boss gems, xp books, gold, weapons materials... So nah, to me, downtime is a blessing. If you need initiative to play, maybe MiHo should create more events that doesn't require resin so you can do some side stuff besides usual daily grind.
Yup, I started two new accounts to have stuff to do.

I have every character except for 2 (albedo and childe) and they are all max level (well...they can get to level 90 at least. I only have 8 at actual level 90).

I have spent some money on the game (monthly battle pass as well as daily Welkin since launch) but I am not a whale by any means.

I spent a crazy amount of time in the game and it would be great to have some more long term systems to dive into.
Now, I don’t have max farmed artifacts or anything like that, but to be honest there really isn’t a need to do that.

Pejo

Yup, I started two new accounts to have stuff to do.

I have every character except for 2 (albedo and childe) and they are all max level (well...they can get to level 90 at least. I only have 8 at actual level 90).

I have spent some money on the game (monthly battle pass as well as daily Welkin since launch) but I am not a whale by any means.

I spent a crazy amount of time in the game and it would be great to have some more long term systems to dive into.
Now, I don’t have max farmed artifacts or anything like that, but to be honest there really isn’t a need to do that.
You play 3 genshin accounts simultaneously?
Shocked What Is It GIF

BlackM1st

Banned
In your case it's a mandatory thing to do. I mean if you are enjoying yourself why not pay for it? Some games are 15 hours long and can cost you 40$ easily. So why not throw some money on a game that you're playing daily for couple of years? As long as you can afford it and don't waste 1000s of dollars on C6 heroes, then I see no reason why you can't spend a couple of bucks.

Fuz

Banned
In your case it's a mandatory thing to do. I mean if you are enjoying yourself why not pay for it? Some games are 15 hours long and can cost you 40$ easily. So why not throw some money on a game that you're playing daily for couple of years? As long as you can afford it and don't waste 1000s of dollars on C6 heroes, then I see no reason why you can't spend a couple of bucks.
I would agree with you, but mihoyo in particular does NOT deserve them.

I'm disgusted with myself for having bought 3 welkin and 2 BP.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
You play 3 genshin accounts simultaneously?
Shocked What Is It GIF
Sure! Around 7:00am I spend some resin to start the day, then play from 8 to 10/11 pm to do my daily collection stuff and spend resin again. Rinse and repeat!

It helped me farm a crazy number of crystals for my main game too. Since low level WR/AR players cannot join games with higher AR/WR, I would pull in my main account and quickly collect ore 3 times a week.

I don't do it any more since my lower accounts need the ore now and my main account got stuffed with crystal pretty quick using that method. I would estimate, that I collected around ~500 a week doing that 3 to 4 times a week.
Also anyone in your game world gets credit for things like completed ley lines and bosses. I can complete the weekly boss and lei line requirements on the first two days of the week without spending additional resin.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Sure! Around 7:00am I spend some resin to start the day, then play from 8 to 10/11 pm to do my daily collection stuff and spend resin again. Rinse and repeat!

It helped me farm a crazy number of crystals for my main game too. Since low level WR/AR players cannot join games with higher AR/WR, I would pull in my main account and quickly collect ore 3 times a week.

I don't do it any more since my lower accounts need the ore now and my main account got stuffed with crystal pretty quick using that method. I would estimate, that I collected around ~500 a week doing that 3 to 4 times a week.
Also anyone in your game world gets credit for things like completed ley lines and bosses. I can complete the weekly boss and lei line requirements on the first two days of the week without spending additional resin.
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Makes sense, really, but that kind of dedication is beyond me xD Eh, as long as you're having fun.

I would agree with you, but mihoyo in particular does NOT deserve them.

I'm disgusted with myself for having bought 3 welkin and 2 BP.
Well, they created this game world and its predatory business model, we can't really separate one from another. Monetization works and in the same time some people have some fun. There's no reason to be upset about enjoying yourself and spending couple of bucks on a game you spend so much time in.

Pejo

I mean it's not really hard to do when you have no content to play.

Also thanks for the art Pejo. More pls.
I have enough to post daily until her banner releases. It's been a real challenge finding enough GAF-safe images of her.

Speaking of - why are so many fan artists obsessed with the playable characters getting....forced... by Hilichurls? Mona's "gotta pay rent somehow" stuff at least makes sense given the world lore, but some of these things are just out there. Hilichurls seem mostly interested in just dancing and fighting.

Anyways, finally got a spear prototype this week from wolf. Now I need to decide if I want to refine my Crescent Spear or get that Dragonspine spear for Rosaria.....decisions. I might wait and just let the YouTubers do all the math for me and just scan the thumbnails for "THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING ABOUT ROSARIA (F2P BTW)" in a week or so.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'd say get both spears for Rosaria and make it a goal to max refine. Gives you something to do.

As for the art. Eastern world likes hentai and it's many forms.

I'd start by refining the crescent.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Terrible idea imho.

Save until those occurrences:
- Rosaria recommendations.
- New weapons in Inazuma.
First off. Influencers are dumb and can go away and are only gonna recommend gAcHa WeApOnS and the most RNG artifacts.

Inazuma is gonna be 2.0 since Inazuma is the beginning of Chapter 2. So there you go logic at work. You won't see Inazuma until like next year. Q4 2021 if lucky.

Plus as a gacha all weapons will be powercrept anyway.

And if you want to focus on F2P weapons that you can craft you only have 3 options. Which 2 of those are Crescent and Dragonspine. Which on paper are good for Rosaria's Phys atk which she leans towards.

Crescent is going to be good for her E and Dragonspine for raw damage.

Crescent is damn amazing for the Chef girl too.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeah but we're not gonna have 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9. It's right after 1.6 according the the leaks. So, not that far.
And we all know how Mihoyo is about leaks. Barbarian's at the gate when people leak the loli's and waifu's but are nowhere to be seen when it comes to 2FA and fixing the game's problems.

Fuz

Banned
And we all know how Mihoyo is about leaks. Barbarian's at the gate when people leak the loli's and waifu's but are nowhere to be seen when it comes to 2FA and fixing the game's problems.
They're not postponing content because of leaks.
People are already pretty pissed at the lack of content, it would be a suicide.

Speaking of - why are so many fan artists obsessed with the playable characters getting....forced... by Hilichurls? Mona's "gotta pay rent somehow" stuff at least makes sense given the world lore, but some of these things are just out there. Hilichurls seem mostly interested in just dancing and fighting.

Ummmm pm the links please. Asking for a friend. 🤥

Pejo

Ummmm pm the links please. Asking for a friend. 🤥
It's 2021, your friend needs to find out about rule34.xxx

I wonder why Sony ignoring GI and doesn't provide any initiative to play on PS besides 1 sword and a pair of wings...
I understand why they did it, but the lack of ability to have account mobility between Playstation and any of the other platforms kinda sucks. Sony wants to lock in all of the cuts of those microtransactions and has made the experience worse for it, for their playerbase. They could have at least let PS players play on PC and just link their PS accounts or something like that.

This month is just 60 primos TOTAL

Fucking greedy bastards.
And fuck me too for giving them money in the first place.
LMAO they still left in the eggs and meat. Fucking cheapskates.

crumbs

LMAO they still left in the eggs and meat. Fucking cheapskates.
Hey, you should be grateful, they are saving you SECONDS a day! Think about what you can do with all that time saved, like additional blinking or occasionally taking a slightly longer breath. Having properly moist eyes and oxygenated blood will improve your quality of life, so Mihoyo is literally making your IRL existence better /s

Yeah, I'll probably be skipping the daily Hoyolab web login from now on. Just not worth the hassle for 60 primos and some mora.

BlackM1st

Banned
The Royal Spear can be a good choice for Geo Lord if you want to build him as a physical DMD dealer with his very fast normal attacks. Crescent pike is available for free, but not everyone likes its looks, so here you go, another semi F2P option for your Geo Lord's consideration.

Pejo

You guys think we're going to get anything fun in Genshin for April Fools tomorrow? Granblue had another great April Fools event already. They really go above and beyond for it.

Fuz

Banned
I can get like 8 of those everytime they respawn on the bridge with one charge shot from Ganyu.
But you'll miss the excitement of getting them from a webpage giveaway!

You guys think we're going to get anything fun in Genshin for April Fools tomorrow? Granblue had another great April Fools event already. They really go above and beyond for it.
Yes, the wishes you buy with stardust will turn into dust.

Last edited:
Top Bottom