• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
You guys think we're going to get anything fun in Genshin for April Fools tomorrow? Granblue had another great April Fools event already. They really go above and beyond for it.
Chinese New Year event confirmed that MiHo don't care about holidays and don't understand the concept of celebration and gifts giving. Their humor is also very questionable. They're good at writing grim shit that lurks in the shadows, but not much else lol So...
Sarah Burke No GIF by asianhistorymonth

Pejo

Gold Member
There's tons of good random humour in honkai's random events, they definitely know how to write fun things.
Yea I like the way they do the story in Honkai. The main story is supposed to (mostly) be taken seriously, but the side events can be anything from serious to goofy to just weird. Genshin could use one of the goofy side events (like the AI-Chan cabbage shit). I guess the slime paradise was like that a little.

q53udXT.jpg

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Just found out you can only own 20 of each type of wish. I had 18 Intertwined Fates from previous events, and tried to buy additional ones from the store refresh, but couldn't buy all 5. Can't even hoard wishes in this game, they want you to spend it on banners you don't care for. Unbelievable.

Pejo

Gold Member
Just found out you can only own 20 of each type of wish. I had 18 Intertwined Fates from previous events, and tried to buy additional ones from the store refresh, but couldn't buy all 5. Can't even hoard wishes in this game, they want you to spend it on banners you don't care for. Unbelievable.
Not sure if this is an April Fool's joke but you can absolutely hold more than 20 of a wish.

Pejo

Gold Member
The dokkan battle subreddit got changed to genshin memes for april fools
That rotating banner with the images was hilarious. I particularly love Xiangling Krillin.

wDGLwxq.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Just logged in for the day ready to buy Amber, and I realized I used all my master starglitter to buy extra wishes for Hu Tao back when I was rolling for her. So now, I don't have enough to get Amber.

BUT, only a few more days until the new banner which will get me some starglitter. Whew.

BlackM1st

Banned
Today I met the ultimate casual player. She was lvl 30 and didn't know if she had any 5☆ or not. For some reason she asked me to kill each and every boss in game too lol Was a bizarre experience. Still, on every girl like her I met lots and lots of competent people. I don't even add them as friends because there's an infinite stream of coop partners. Game truly shines in coop. Although enemy health/DMG increase can be tricky if you play separately and get one of your characters down. Still, worth it 10000 times.

and I realized I used all my master starglitter

I ran out of dust like you said
LMAO, I see the dopamine rush of buying wishes/pulling is too much for some ppl ;D

Saber

Gold Member
Today I met the ultimate casual player. She was lvl 30 and didn't know if she had any 5☆ or not. For some reason she asked me to kill each and every boss in game too lol Was a bizarre experience.

Long ago I met someone asking for my help to beat the "boar boss". He told me to help and so I did, with Xynian and Fichlz. Didn't take long and once I beat it he just kick me out of his world.

Since then I simply avoid helping anyone or allowing people to join my world.

BlackM1st

Banned
Since then I simply avoid helping anyone or allowing people to join my world.
Haha, he really needed dat meat and couldn't risk you getting it lmao. Once after Childe fight some guys asked me to kill the Wolf boss for them. It was three of us. I did like 70% of DMG because other guys died. In the end one complained that he couldn't open the wolf's flower. Well, I said "sucks to be you". I mean what else I could have said? xD He immediately left, while other guy said thanks and left with his wolf's trophies. Sure, shit happens but vast majority of my coop encounters are just chill folks who really don't mind my presence(duh, otherwise they just wouldn't accept me lol). Granted, I always say "Hi" and briefly say why I joined. I always happy to help, but on my world level, most ppl don't need any help and we just do our own business and say goodbye. I also have both Ning and Klee, so I don't need going around other people worlds and steal their supplies lol I kick only when guy is joining and says nothing. I think it's very rude. I don't mind grumpy guys, but really, how hard it can be to say "Hi"? Some people are way too entitled so I don't bother with them. But I never declined any coop/help request. So I think you should try and join other people worlds. That way you will have a bigger chance of meeting some decent guys and have a good time imo

Pejo

Gold Member
It'd be kinda nice if MHY mixed up the goals on the battle pass missions every so often. I'm really sick of collecting 100 Mondstadt/Liyue specialties and fighting 10 bosses/20 leylines/15 domains. They could make it much more interesting like "fight 15 Mitachurls" or "destroy 20 abyss mage shields".

NqaRu8V.jpg

crumbs

I've put a lot of hours into this game and I have my fair share of complaints, but the soundtrack isn't one of them. I haven't tired of the music, and I particularly like the tracks from Dragonspine and Stormterror's lair. Across regions, they did a great job of mixing styles and tempos so that none of the music wears out its welcome.

BlackM1st

Banned
I've put a lot of hours into this game and I have my fair share of complaints, but the soundtrack isn't one of them. I haven't tired of the music, and I particularly like the tracks from Dragonspine and Stormterror's lair. Across regions, they did a great job of mixing styles and tempos so that none of the music wears out its welcome.
2nd area fight music is kinda annoying to me. Another reason to kill enemies asap xD

YukiOnna

Yeah. I usually take a stroll through Liyue or Dragonspine after just to take in the atmosphere and it always hits at the right moment.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Is this about the boob thing? I'm in on the survey stuff if so.
Yes. But it's more about false advertising and censorship. If Rosaria was presented initially as she was in 1.4 there would be no issue. But showcasing a taller, thicc thighed, busty bosom of life sleep deprived eyed goth church waifu into a smaller and thinner teenage zombie girl is unacceptable. So no pull and no spend.

If I ever pull for Rosaria it will be on a future banner.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
ZUYaNol.jpg

WL6 lol Good luck y'all!
This reads like a "housing level 6" not a "world level 6" from a combat perspective. I'm fine with it either way, the game needs a way to earn hoardable resin.

Man, I love the Arena fight event, but it was over so damn fast. I was just having fun messing up groups of enemies and then it was over and I had all the rewards. Not to mention that those with Venti can probably just hit that Burst and stand around and win. I wish it had some variables or other things you could do with it.

Saber

Gold Member
This reads like a "housing level 6" not a "world level 6" from a combat perspective. I'm fine with it either way, the game needs a way to earn hoardable resin.

Man, I love the Arena fight event, but it was over so damn fast. I was just having fun messing up groups of enemies and then it was over and I had all the rewards. Not to mention that those with Venti can probably just hit that Burst and stand around and win. I wish it had some variables or other things you could do with it.

If something I learn from them is that they don't handle challenges well.
If someone wants difficulty for instance, they gonna put character handicaps, enemy damage multipliers and shorter times.

Pejo

Gold Member
If something I learn from them is that they don't handle challenges well.
If someone wants difficulty for instance, they gonna put character handicaps, enemy damage multipliers and shorter times.
I thought they did this pretty well for the cube boss event. There were all sorts of ways you could make it harder/easier depending on your team and needs.

I don't hate a mode that I can just go in and steamroll a bunch of regular enemies. After this event is over, that'd be cool if they made the arena a "training dummy" of sorts where we could set which enemies we want to fight and just go nuts. Preferably with elemental effects like "standing in water" or "standing in grass" etc so we could simulate real world conditions.

Saber

Gold Member
I thought they did this pretty well for the cube boss event. There were all sorts of ways you could make it harder/easier depending on your team and needs.

Not really.

They didn't take in consideration the time these cubes waste doing their invulnerability movemments, did they?
They didn't take consideration that buffing enemies is different from handicap your character. Is like a race where the racer says "its too easy, I want a better challenge" and the guy reduces his fuel, take away his tires and let the other racers with 2 laps of advantage.
The only reason some people find interesting is, guess what, most of them came to ask their friends to help. Duh, mutliple people bashing one enemy at same time is aways easier than a solo. Not to mention the enemy can only single target one character at the time with some attack patterns.

Pejo

Gold Member
Not really.

They didn't take in consideration the time these cubes waste doing their invulnerability movemments, did they?
They didn't take consideration that buffing enemies is different from handicap your character. Is like a race where the racer says "its too easy, I want a better challenge" and the guy reduces his fuel, take away his tires and let the other racers with 2 laps of advantage.
The only reason some people find interesting is, guess what, most of them came to ask their friends to help. Duh, mutliple people bashing one enemy at same time is aways easier than a solo. Not to mention the enemy can only single target one character at the time with some attack patterns.
But the cube event actually did have both character handicaps and boss buffs. Stuff like "Boss HP+50%" and "Character energy gain -%". You could custom tailor the fight to be what you can just baaarely handle. That said, they made the primo rewards low enough that you could get them without making yourself sweat too much. I do agree that they were easier in Multiplayer, but it's ok to have multiplayer focused events too, as long as everything is in moderation.

I agree that the invulnerability mechanic coupled with a Time mechanic was poorly designed, but that's a problem with a lot of the bosses in this game. The Primovishap boss gives me hope that they're going to improve on that front, at least.

Saber

Gold Member
But the cube event actually did have both character handicaps and boss buffs. Stuff like "Boss HP+50%" and "Character energy gain -%". You could custom tailor the fight to be what you can just baaarely handle. That said, they made the primo rewards low enough that you could get them without making yourself sweat too much. I do agree that they were easier in Multiplayer, but it's ok to have multiplayer focused events too, as long as everything is in moderation.

You know more than me that the objective is to win points. The amount of buffs to the enemy is limited, which means you will have to use handicap to complement the points(because the difficulty multiplier is no enought). So its not like using the ones you handle the best, is choosing the less terrible and see if you can handle. Balancing this with the coop factor sounds more like fixing the harp event with default controls.
All this coupled with terrible rewards like you said.

If between lamish battles or forced "lazy difficulty options", I rather prefer the first one. We have the fun factor to account and giving your character more dissavantages isn't fun at all for me.

Tbh, the only trully fun battle events they released imo were the one of shards and the one with the cryoregivine. And both of them were terribly handled, one with Ninghuangg bug+resin cost and the other with tons of bugs.

Pejo

Gold Member
Man, limit breaking characters and weapons to ~90 is so resource intensive. So many materials for a single uncap. I've bene slowly working at getting my Childe uncapped but damn do I really hate the water boss.

EYIh5Pt.jpg

Pejo

Gold Member
No one wants Fischl or Barbara. They've been done to death. What do we have to do to put Lisa on a banner?
It doesn't look like MHY has any interest in putting Amber/Kaeya/Lisa on banners, which sucks. Going to have to get lucky on standard wishes or wait for the shops to get them their constellations.

crumbs

I'm in the opposite boat. Been using some of the BP and stardust wishes on the Standard banner and have recently pulled Lisa and Kaeya. :messenger_neutral:

Unfortunately, their constellations aren't going to make them finish their mining expeditions any faster.

Pejo

Gold Member
I'm in the opposite boat. Been using some of the BP and stardust wishes on the Standard banner and have recently pulled Lisa and Kaeya. :messenger_neutral:

Unfortunately, their constellations aren't going to make them finish their mining expeditions any faster.
I wish they'd just change Lisa's repel on her Elemental Burst to a succ instead. That would make it so much better and she'd be a perfectly viable crowd control support.

Top Bottom