• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Saber

Gold Member
Why are they so scared of other elements, holy shit.

I would have to guess about the lazy rebalance too. It's easier to create around pyros(look at Yanfei, her kit is also boring as fuck outside spamming charged attacks) since pyro is naturally better at elemental reactions/damage, so theres not much need of balance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

I would have to guess about the lazy rebalance too. It's easier to create around pyros(look at Yanfei, her kit is also boring as fuck outside spamming charged attacks) since pyro is naturally better at elemental reactions/damage, so theres not much need of balance.
I feel like they're going to load up everyone on Pyro/Cryo and then make both elements absolutely useless in Inazuma or Sumeria or something, and then start releasing the Electro/Hydro/Geo/Anemo characters. Make us spend now and then spend later too. It's kinda insane that we still only have a single 4* Anemo character, and no new Hydro since Cheld.

Fake

My problem with Cryo is the bonus when you put 2 cryo users on your team. Is quite patetic in comparison with putting 2 pyro.

Why cryo can offer crit bonus without asking to cryo or target? Or increase crit and crit bonus?

Pejo

My problem with Cryo is the bonus when you put 2 cryo users on your team. Is quite patetic in comparison with putting 2 pyro.

Why cryo can offer crit bonus without asking to cryo or target? Or increase crit and crit bonus?
Agreed. The Cryo resonance is fine as long as your main dps is a Cryo, but it should be something like "Crit + 15% all the time, Crit Dmg + 20% if enemy is affected by Cryo" That seems fair. Then we have Hydro and Anemo resonance which are just like....bruh...

*edit* to touch on the other resonances

• Geo - Probably the 2nd best next to Pyro. Straight damage buff while shielded scales really well into endgame, and the extra Geo damage is going to be insane when we have a main DPS Geo character besides Ning. A Geo Diluc would pretty much be shitting out damage unless they cripple his multipliers.
  • Electro - Not great, but it lends itself well to team comps where you want to spam elemental bursts all day. I think they could also give it a "increases damage of all electro-related reactions" and it would be where it needs to be.
  • Anemo - Should increase the cooldown reduction from 5 to at least 15 or even 25%. It's the only source of cooldown reduction in the game right now, and 5% is shit on most elemental skills that have 5-9 second cooldowns anyways. Also it should be movement speed + attack speed buffs instead of stamina use reduction
  • Hydro - Just awful. 40% less time affected by fire and 30% incoming healing. Absolutely worthless. I don't really know what to do with this one since Hydro barely has any characters to see what archetype they're going for. Maybe even an auto-regen below 75% HP or like a life leech buff to any wet enemy, but that would pretty much kill Qiqi even further.

Last edited:

Pejo

So I may or may not have bought a pack due to impatience, and got Eula. I was having a lot of fun pissing with her trial so I figured I could splurge a bit. I just realized in running around with her at night in the overworld, her cape glows when she has stacks of her Grimheart. I was frustrated before noticing it because it was hard to know exactly how many stacks she had at any given time since there was no icon or whatever. Cool touch.

Also, her Grimheart buff with Skyward Pride is peak aesthetic.
k8ypyoY.png

YukiOnna

So I may or may not have bought a pack due to impatience, and got Eula. I was having a lot of fun pissing with her trial so I figured I could splurge a bit. I just realized in running around with her at night in the overworld, her cape glows when she has stacks of her Grimheart. I was frustrated before noticing it because it was hard to know exactly how many stacks she had at any given time since there was no icon or whatever. Cool touch.

k8ypyoY.png
I hate you. (Nice!!)

Pejo

I can't believe with Eula and Mona's default skin, MHY has the nerve to give us 1935-era Beach Jean as a skin.

In other news,
rwmEXJq.jpg

YukiOnna

I tried Windtrace for the first time and had no idea what I was doing. I just hid behind a crate for 3 minutes and somehow won...

Pejo

I tried Windtrace for the first time and had no idea what I was doing. I just hid behind a crate for 3 minutes and somehow won...
Yea hunting is a lot more fun than hiding, IMO.
Does this game on the PS5 support surround sound? I can't remember the last time any sound came from the surround sound speakers when playing this game.

It's not a deal breaker, but I keep doubting my surround sound setup whenever I play this game, lol!

*And yes, whenever I switch to another game, I hear the rear speakers, so I am confident my setup is in place.
Yea, it's particularly noticeable in weather (like on Dragonspine or during a thunderstorm), but it sounds great on my 5.1 system.

BlackM1st

Banned

k8ypyoY.png
Yeah, you OBVIOUSLY did it for science...
PXT2xQZ.jpg

At this rate I might as well run full Cryo and Pyro teams
Fire harem VS Ice harem 🔥💥

Season 9 Fight GIF by Friends

Dregnel

they are making genshin impact characters playable in honkai impact with more abilities, burst etc.
dz3s7tZ.png

holy shit that qeqing gameplay.

Last edited:

You got a poor hunter it seems. Even an avg. hunter catches anyone simply posing as a prop. Its the one who are hiding in high places or trolling with Mona are the ones left as the last rebel.

Pejo

Not full. For maximum damage:

I can't wait for the comparison video of Fischl doing all sorts of cool awesome shit in Honkai next to her doing normal auto attacks in Genshin.

I don't get the timing on this crossover at all. You think they'd wait for some big anniversary or something. I get that they're trying to get some spillover population into Honkai, but the lore implications of this could be huge (or fucking stupid) depending on how they handle it. If this opens up Genshin as a bubble universe of Honkai, I wonder what implication that has for both games? (Yes I'm a lore nerd).

I'm still getting my head around this decision. I don't even know if I like it yet.

*edit*

It also looks like that only Fischl is able to be recruited, and it's from a login event. Keqing is only playable as a trial character (for now, you'd have to assume they wouldn't make kit unless they were going to monetize it eventually), so you can only play her pre-built and in certain mode(s).

Last edited:

Pejo

ax48p6kyu9071.png

Some info eluding that Yae Sakura has been in contact with the Genshin universe (from Honkai).

1rsdxi7rijt61.png

The little chibi in the CN 1.5 stream that was also named Yae....hmmm.... Looks like it was foreshadowing after all.

The most surprising thing about all of this is that MHY was actually able to keep something from leaking. I mean their boat until this point has looked like swiss cheese.

YukiOnna

You got a poor hunter it seems. Even an avg. hunter catches anyone simply posing as a prop. Its the one who are hiding in high places or trolling with Mona are the ones left as the last rebel.
Probably a first-timer like me. Anyway, it was more fun than I thought and easy to play, so at least that's good.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
they are making genshin impact characters playable in honkai impact with more abilities, burst etc.
dz3s7tZ.png

holy shit that qeqing gameplay.

This is really cool, all of them would obviously play much better in Honkai.
I wonder if she's gonna be an SP valkyrie or gacha only; seems proper to make her SP. Especially since I've been saving my crystals for 4.8 s-rank Seele...

Last edited:

Pejo

This is really cool, all of them would obviously play much better in Honkai.
I wonder if she's gonna be an SP valkyrie or gacha only; seems proper to make her SP. Especially since I've been saving my crystals for 4.8 s-rank Seele...
Yea she's confirmed SP. Unlocked via login and then probably SP gacha tickets to ascend. Hopefully she'll be farmable but if she's like Asuka we could be boned.

BlackM1st

Banned
The most surprising thing about all of this is that MHY was actually able to keep something from leaking.
I believe that everything is controlled now man. All legitimate leakers deleted their accounts. What we are getting now is a damage control and pre-hype promos. I play a lot of coop and all I see is "kazuha will come home" statuses. MiHo can't make current patch exciting so people constantly demand leaks and carrots on a stick.

Pejo

I believe that everything is controlled now man. All legitimate leakers deleted their accounts. What we are getting now is a damage control and pre-hype promos. I play a lot of coop and all I see is "kazuha will come home" statuses. MiHo can't make current patch exciting so people constantly demand leaks and carrots on a stick.
Yea I have no doubt that some of this is a controlled leak. I think they purposefully do it during dead times in the game to keep people excited, and I think stuff like the summer costumes were leaked to gauge reception. Still, that 1.5 leak I believe was a genuine fuck up on their part, because it leaked the actual dev client itself instead of just some info here or there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom