• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

bA0Imym.png
Rosaria in the same tier as Xinyan and below Noelle for main DPS? uhh.....

These videos are very cherry picked, and even then I like her Genshin moveset more (so far). Just standing back and throwing slashes looks boring as fuck. Mostly because I already know how ranged/gun characters play in Honkai, and that's usually the worst part of their kit.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Rosaria in the same tier as Xinyan and below Noelle for main DPS? uhh.....

These videos are very cherry picked, and even then I like her Genshin moveset more (so far). Just standing back and throwing slashes looks boring as fuck. Mostly because I already know how ranged/gun characters play in Honkai, and that's usually the worst part of their kit.
fishcl seems better and the manual aim is there, if you take honkai impact and create a slow game you can still have a character with a more complex and varied kit.

what they need to do with genshin is add unique charged attacks by characters and more interactions with their kit to avoid attacking normals/charged over and over again.

Dregnel

Not sure I understand, but whats that list? Is it an another character tier and synergy list?

character tier list, main dps / ultility or elemental reation / support

this is the most popular chinese tier list...what i find weird is yanfei c2 is as strong as klee and stronger than noelle.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

character tier list, main dps / ultility or elemental reation / support

this is the most popular chinese tier list...what i find weird is yanfei c2 is as strong as klee and stronger than noelle.

I notice something with Yanfei but I dunno if it's because I'm lucky or just build crit on her. She really is a heavy damage dealer, even though I didn't even invest much on her artifacts(I'm slow at this). Maybe this is a thing of pyro characters too.

BlackM1st

Banned
I really hope that rumored free catalyst will drop next month, I'm getting really eager to build my C2 Yanfei :eek:
Do it. Free is rarely better than paid rewards. Especially at C2.

BTW, something went wrong on MiHo servers, so I was able to drop F bombs in chat. Was hilarious when it censored "adult", but not "fuck" or "fucking censorship" haha.

Pejo

Pejo Pejo have you tried BKE with that new lance? It makes her a bit more fun to play IMO.
Yep my crystals were already gone the instant the banner dropped. I like her so much more with it now, and there's 99% chance it becomes a PRI-arm. I lucked out and got it in 7 single pulls. Now I have to remind myself not to use the weapon active immediately after using her Ult since it pops up and I'm programmed to mash it when it's off cooldown, lol.

Pejo

Nice.
I do appreciate the improvements, but these Q&As are always so dishonest with the questions that make it in. Nevermind elemental balance issues, bugs, resin, artifact RNG, etc. Let's talk about the 4 players that complained that they couldn't easily find their co-op partners in the world.

Regardless, they sound like they're incrementally opening up more of the teapots as time goes on, which is awesome. Paved roads is one of my bigger wants for the teapot, so this is great. Terraforming in general would be nice, though I'd take the ability to put whatever surface I want. Pavement/long grass/cut grass/sand/snow/etc. 2nd floor mansion hype too. I'm just 1/5th of the xp bar from rank 8 teapot, so I'll have my beach realm unlocked in time for the changes. I finally saw a tier 3 beach today, and I really like it. I wish I could see which areas were usable to place outdoor stuff, but either way I like it. It feels like less of a haul to run from one end to the other compared to the floating and mountain realms.

YukiOnna

I do appreciate the improvements, but these Q&As are always so dishonest with the questions that make it in. Nevermind elemental balance issues, bugs, resin, artifact RNG, etc. Let's talk about the 4 players that complained that they couldn't easily find their co-op partners in the world.

Regardless, they sound like they're incrementally opening up more of the teapots as time goes on, which is awesome. Paved roads is one of my bigger wants for the teapot, so this is great. Terraforming in general would be nice, though I'd take the ability to put whatever surface I want. Pavement/long grass/cut grass/sand/snow/etc. 2nd floor mansion hype too. I'm just 1/5th of the xp bar from rank 8 teapot, so I'll have my beach realm unlocked in time for the changes. I finally saw a tier 3 beach today, and I really like it. I wish I could see which areas were usable to place outdoor stuff, but either way I like it. It feels like less of a haul to run from one end to the other compared to the floating and mountain realms.
Sometimes I think that no one actually asks them and they just put it in there because it's coming up...

But yeah, the housing info is the real deal and sounds great, wasn't even expecting paved roads to be discussed at this point tbh. I wonder what else they'll show off for the 1.6 stream regarding Housing.

Pejo

Sometimes I think that no one actually asks them and they just put it in there because it's coming up...

But yeah, the housing info is the real deal and sounds great, wasn't even expecting paved roads to be discussed at this point tbh. I wonder what else they'll show off for the 1.6 stream regarding Housing.
I'm surprised how they're handling load increase. Basically your load is limited by your platform. How will that work if you mainly play on, let's say, PC, then you switch to Mobile to log in and craft furniture while you're on a trip or something? Will your house blow up? Will it not let you use the teapot?

YukiOnna

I'm surprised how they're handling load increase. Basically your load is limited by your platform. How will that work if you mainly play on, let's say, PC, then you switch to Mobile to log in and craft furniture while you're on a trip or something? Will your house blow up? Will it not let you use the teapot?
Pretty hilarious with the wording:

the developers have increased the load limit of the Serenitea Pot, but the actual load that Travelers can reach will depend on how much your device can support.

"Yeah the load limit will be increased, but you're shit out of luck if you're on dinky mobile. Sorry~ ^_^"

BlackM1st

Banned
Let's talk about the 4 players that complained that they couldn't easily find their co-op partners in the world.
I totally agree with your general message about fake "questions", but this particular problem is a real issue for me and many of my coop partners. I think it really depends on the screen size/viewing distance. Regardless, it's a good addition. Hardly a Q&A worthy, but looks like MiHo prefer to create an illusion of interaction with its community instead of posting short and to the point "patch notes". It also lets them to ignore hard questions and don't overpromise/under deliver.

YukiOnna

20$ for a costume? As shitty as it is? For a character that we are barely see during the actual fight... Good luck MiHoYo, there are a lot of simps out there , but I ain't one lol
Barbara better sis anyway. I'm just glad it's not a gacha and I can buy for whoever I want at least.

Fuz

Banned
👆

Last edited:

Pejo

Barbara better sis anyway. I'm just glad it's not a gacha and I can buy for whoever I want at least.
If that rumor is true about the skins being permanent, then yea I'll give them credit. Gacha for skins in Honkai is absolute shit. It wouldn't even be that bad if the gacha was fair and it was split say like 5% or 10% chance evenly, but the scaling % of you pulling it starts at 0% and only goes up to like 10% before the very last pull. Total garbage and a level of RNG that just isn't necessary. Also $20 is way too much if they're forcing Genesis Crystals.

crumbs

This Misty Dungeon challenge is definitely filler, but it's given me a chance to have an extended playtime with couple of characters that I either don't have or don't use much. At first I was not loving the requirement to use certain characters and having no control over their build out, but I'm starting to appreciate being forced out of my comfort zone.

This really illustrates why the devs need to add a training ground or test chamber for your characters that allows you to set the parameters. I'm at WL8, so the resources required to get a new character to a useable state are pretty high. Unfortunately, the temporary character trials are pretty worthless since they tend to either have ridiculous artifacts or weapons, plus they don't allow you to pick the other characters to see how they play together. In addition, some of the trials don't do a good job of highlighting a character. For example, I've completed the Diona trial multiple times and found her to be severely lacking. However, I've been using her the Misty Dungeon and finding her to more useful than expected.

Basically, a training/testing ground that would allow you to test how a new character would be a certain level and on a team of your other characters would be really helpful.

Saber

Gold Member
Misty dungeon really looks like a cool concept. No stupid handicap retarded stuff and no over abusive monsters with "please use shield" requirement. Is a pretty straightfoward mission and the design is cool of the stage in conjuction with the fog is nice.

Nice.

Q: The dialogue with the teapot spirit is cumbersome. To get to the Shop, Trust Rank, and Building menus, you have to go through the dialogue again.

A: The developers are on the case. In Version 1.6, after Travelers have selected an option in the dialogue with Tubby, click return to head back to the previous menu. Travelers will no longer need to repeat the dialogue with Tubby to access other options. The development team is hard at work optimizing the Serenitea Pot experience, so Travelers are welcome to leave feedback in the comments section below

Finally. It feels like my feedback reach them somehow. People should wasting time changing and decorating the house, not with going foward and back with dialogues.

Last edited:

Pejo

This Misty Dungeon challenge is definitely filler, but it's given me a chance to have an extended playtime with couple of characters that I either don't have or don't use much. At first I was not loving the requirement to use certain characters and having no control over their build out, but I'm starting to appreciate being forced out of my comfort zone.

This really illustrates why the devs need to add a training ground or test chamber for your characters that allows you to set the parameters. I'm at WL8, so the resources required to get a new character to a useable state are pretty high. Unfortunately, the temporary character trials are pretty worthless since they tend to either have ridiculous artifacts or weapons, plus they don't allow you to pick the other characters to see how they play together. In addition, some of the trials don't do a good job of highlighting a character. For example, I've completed the Diona trial multiple times and found her to be severely lacking. However, I've been using her the Misty Dungeon and finding her to more useful than expected.

Basically, a training/testing ground that would allow you to test how a new character would be a certain level and on a team of your other characters would be really helpful.
On one hand I totally agree, we should have a better way to test out characters besides those awful staged trials. I think we'll eventually see a training room or training dummy in the teapot too, where we can set enemies and just go to town.

On the other hand, I both love and hate this Misty Dungeon. It's the most fun I've had doing a domain ever, and I love the setup of it being a layout that you beat groups and then explore to the next group, pick up buffs, etc.

The thing that chaps my ass about this mode, and Honkai does this to a lesser extent, is making us use trial characters instead of our own. It's easier for them to balance the content like this since everyone's on even ground with characters and power level, I get that. But I just spent MONTHS building up characters that I rolled for, and they're completely fucking useless in this mode. It's like, why did I even bother to do any of that - so I can do 4 dailies that take like 30 seconds each and then farm ore? We should absolutely be able to bring our own characters instead of just the trial ones.

crumbs

The thing that chaps my ass about this mode, and Honkai does this to a lesser extent, is making us use trial characters instead of our own. It's easier for them to balance the content like this since everyone's on even ground with characters and power level, I get that. But I just spent MONTHS building up characters that I rolled for, and they're completely fucking useless in this mode. It's like, why did I even bother to do any of that - so I can do 4 dailies that take like 30 seconds each and then farm ore? We should absolutely be able to bring our own characters instead of just the trial ones.

Yeah, this left me cold at first as well. It's weird using characters that you already have, but are built in a different way and that creates a unpleasant dissonance.

I don't mind it too much with this event, but I will be disappointed if they start adding more events that we can't complete with our own characters.

Saber

Gold Member
Maybe character trials should be aways open to people on the character archieve, to test whenever and whoever you want. And I agree with Pejo Pejo , it would make more sense to use your own characters instead. Not that is much of a pain to me though.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
20$ for a costume? As shitty as it is? For a character that we are barely see during the actual fight... Good luck MiHoYo, there are a lot of simps out there , but I ain't one lol
I saw this coming from a mile away. It's why I quit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe I'll reinstall in 10 years when the game is "complete".

YukiOnna

If that rumor is true about the skins being permanent, then yea I'll give them credit. Gacha for skins in Honkai is absolute shit. It wouldn't even be that bad if the gacha was fair and it was split say like 5% or 10% chance evenly, but the scaling % of you pulling it starts at 0% and only goes up to like 10% before the very last pull. Total garbage and a level of RNG that just isn't necessary. Also $20 is way too much if they're forcing Genesis Crystals.
Amber skin. Believe.

BlackM1st

Banned
I saw this coming from a mile away. It's why I quit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe I'll reinstall in 10 years when the game is "complete".
"10 year plan" haha

If you want some good gacha alternative look up Girls Frontline 2. Totally different experience, but should be relatively "good" in terms of monetization. Its creator actually giving a fuck and directly communicating with the playerbase also helps a lot lol

Pejo

Hahaha, holy shit. Manjuu/Yostar, the ones that bring us Azur Lane, just took a dump on miHoYo.

miHoYo - Cancel US/Global anniversary event, lots of drama regarding bunny skins, being too revealing/sexy.

Manjuu/Yostar for the new US Navy themed event with uncensored art exclusively for non CN servers -

zx1tow935v071.png

6uq2jxhz5v071.jpg

js8ih0zan0171.jpg

YukiOnna

Hahaha, holy shit. Manjuu/Yostar, the ones that bring us Azur Lane, just took a dump on miHoYo.

miHoYo - Cancel US/Global anniversary event, lots of drama regarding bunny skins, being too revealing/sexy.

Manjuu/Yostar for the new US Navy themed event with uncensored art exclusively for non CN servers -

zx1tow935v071.png

6uq2jxhz5v071.jpg

js8ih0zan0171.jpg
Intern-kun is the savior of Azur Lane and Arknights.

Pejo

VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE DURR!!!1!
60597.jpg

THOU MUST SPEAKETH PROPERETH LANGUAGETH
37ax2f.png
Yea, it's a shame that they're going so one-note with all of the character quests outside of JohnLee lately. They have talented writers, so I don't know why we're getting this cliche stuff lately.

Pejo

"You seem like a nice guy, wanna join my super secret plan to overthrow Mondstadt government?"

Yeah, I don't really agree with you here.
Well the Mondstadt storyline was good enough, if basic anime trope stuff. But Honkai has some really interesting lore. I guess "they're good at lore" would be more accurate.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

The character quests in GI are all over the board in terms of quality. Some clearly received a lot of care, like Venti, Jean, and both Zhongli quests. Others, like Ganyu or Hu Tao, feel like low effort filler.

I haven't done Eula's quest yet, but from the reviews in this thread, it doesn't sound promising.

BlackM1st

Banned
Manjuu/Yostar, the ones that bring us Azur Lane, just took a dump on miHoYo.
Good. Unfortunately it's not good enough as AL is hardly a direct competitor to GI. I appreciate the gesture, really, but GI need a proper competition to make MiHo to actually give a F.

Fuz

Banned
The character quests in GI are all over the board in terms of quality. Some clearly received a lot of care, like Venti, Jean, and both Zhongli quests. Others, like Ganyu or Hu Tao, feel like low effort filler.

I haven't done Eula's quest yet, but from the reviews in this thread, it doesn't sound promising.
Oh, don't get me started over Hu Tao.

Hu Tao is Genshin's Poochie. "ISN'T SHE A FUN PRANKSTER GUYS? RIGHT? RIGHT? PLEASE LIKE HER"

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Imo better than $100 gacha roll. Costumes in a game like black desert online are like $30.... but a lot of those are sexy AF. If i was into that game id prolly buy one or two.

BlackM1st

Banned
Imo better than $100 gacha roll.
Oh, it's definitely better. Even 100$ direct purchase is better than 100$ gacha lol But that's not saying much hah

Costumes in a game like black desert online are like $30.... but a lot of those are sexy AF
I still wouldn't buy it, but see, at least BD knows its audience and actually delivers. Look at the last batch of Overwatch skins. Miserable pile of hot shit. Who in his right mind would even buy loot boxes for them?
T7XoKtx.jpg

Same with GI, we need something more than 1930s swimsuits...

BJK

My UID: 604624859

Feel free to add, and grab whatever you want from the traveling salesperson. Since I can only play in the evenings during the week, speed-up is welcome, but I probably won't notice the difference.

LOLCats

Banned
After all this time, basically the beginning, i finally got a Rust bow and on the standard banner ... go figure

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
"10 year plan" haha

If you want some good gacha alternative look up Girls Frontline 2. Totally different experience, but should be relatively "good" in terms of monetization. Its creator actually giving a fuck and directly communicating with the playerbase also helps a lot lol
My gacha fix is fulfilled by DFFOO. But I'll consider GF2. Could be fun. I've tried finding other gacha's similar to DFFOO but I really think it has no equal. I'm really happy Fuz brought it up months ago.

My issue with GI is going to be the same problem Fire Emblem Heroes has which is powercreep and another thing that kills the game is all the leaks that just make me say oh well this will be added so I will play the next patch and then when the next patch arrives there are more leaks that put me off the game further and the cycle continues.

I think it all amounts to poor gacha rates, low content patches that can be cleared in a day and a general lack of things to do once you explored everything the game "allows" you to. And forget Abyss. As a solo player I prefer building busted out the ass solo units and have no desire to go through floors of enemies for a high score to get premium currency by being a try hard. Which generally means going P2W for the big weapons and grinding artifacts like a 9-5 job to search for god tier rolls on your artifacts.

And omg don't get me started on these banners. I think we've all had enough of Waterboy and Barbara.

Top Bottom