• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Gold Member

Oz looking very dapper there.

Anyways, about 50/50 if these leaks are real, but they originate from teiba (in China), so it's more reliable than that D*scord bullshit from a few weeks ago.

These Text Leaks are Very Suspicious, So Take it as Grain of Salt

• Baal Model Mentioned being Teen with No Horns
  • Baal is not Sword User (Old sus Leak Mentioned Baal Polearm User]
  • Baal CN VA is the same as Honkai 2 Raiden VA [Mentioned - they might change]
  • One new artifact set that increases plunging damage
  • Another new electro artifact set, and an exploration/support artifact set that increases speed and reduces stamina consumption
  • Scaramouche will be December or November at the earliest
  • After 1.6, the whole of Inazuma will be revealed which includes ayaka, yoimiya and tohma (tohama).
  • The next version after that will be Moonchase Festival, xiao and ganyu's rerun banner and a new 4 star yunjin

BlackM1st

Banned
  • Baal Model Mentioned being Teen with No Horns
FFS MiHo

• Baal is not Sword User (Old sus Leak Mentioned Baal Polearm User]
Utter trash. Japanese God using Polearm? Just like Chinese one? I hope not lmao

• Baal CN VA is the same as Honkai 2 Raiden VA [Mentioned - they might change]
Eh, good I guess

• One new artifact set that increases plunging damage
That ten Xiao players will be happy I guess

• Another new electro artifact set, and an exploration/support artifact set that increases speed and reduces stamina consumption
LOL, trash

• Scaramouche will be December or November at the earliest
Who cares

• After 1.6, the whole of Inazuma will be revealed which includes ayaka, yoimiya and tohma (tohama).
Finally

• The next version after that will be Moonchase Festival, xiao and ganyu's rerun banner and a new 4 star yunjin
Trash

All in all I don't believe it. Or let's say I refuse to believe in it because it sounds really bad/stupid.

• Strength
Reactions: Fuz
Not really anything new here, but good summary of known upcoming characters:

ryx5ikrdvg171.png

We don't know that Signora is cryo though, she isn't shown wearing a vision so the cryo powers could've come from a delusion.
There are some outliers, but so far most of the palettes of their clothes matches the vision and Signora looks more like a pyro character.

• Thoughtful

Pejo

Gold Member
We don't know that Signora is cryo though, she isn't shown wearing a vision so the cryo powers could've come from a delusion.
There are some outliers, but so far most of the palettes of their clothes matches the vision and Signora looks more like a pyro character.
True, but look at Kazuha two spots down from her. I wouldn't immediately guess "Anemo" just by looking at him, and I would say Yunjin is Electro. Childe doesn't look to be Hydro either, and he's one of the few other Snezhnaya characters that we've seen.

I still don't know how they're planning on doing Cryo catalyst to prevent perma-freeze (literally) teams. If you are able to just swap back and forth between the two elements, the enemies wouldn't be able to move. I guess most bosses are already immune to freeze, but it would seem like a bad decision to increase that immunity to more enemy types, but what do I know. I feel like when they balanced the elements they didn't really plan ahead on the long term implications and just went with what they thought was cool at the time.

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
My brother is helping me, but how this help stacks? Have a limit?

You can shave off 4 hours from the build time. Any of your friends can come in and boost your build by 4 hours. Once that is done you have to let it finish and no one else can do any more help with boosting for those builds. Also one player can boost another player's build only once a day. So if I boosted your build in the morning and you started new builds in the evening, I cannot boost that. Someone else will have to do that.

What I used to do was build new furniture which adds to trust rank immediately using the item you buy on shop and start a 4 item build in the morning, have a friend boost that build so that it finishes by night. Then start another build and have a different friend boost that one so that it completes by the next morning. I said used to do because I am already at 24k adeptal energy and trust rank 8 so not obsessed with building furniture anymore. I am now storing my currency to buy exp mats, ores, mora etc.

True, but look at Kazuha two spots down from her. I wouldn't immediately guess "Anemo" just by looking at him, and I would say Yunjin is Electro. Childe doesn't look to be Hydro either, and he's one of the few other Snezhnaya characters that we've seen.
Yeah, that's why I said there are outliers, they exist for every element, I mean beidou could be mistaken for Pyro as well (I wouldn't be surprised if she was but then they changed her), but overall the palettes they use do match the vision.

Pejo

Gold Member
Here's the whole 1.6 video (in Chinese) if you can't wait until the stream. Jean's outfit looks fucking AWFUL. Like grandma playing shuffleboard, and then they even covered her ass with a giant ugly out of place bow.

crumbs

Here's the whole 1.6 video (in Chinese) if you can't wait until the stream. Jean's outfit looks fucking AWFUL. Like grandma playing shuffleboard, and then they even covered her ass with a giant ugly out of place bow.

Jean's standard outfit has more overall appeal, so not sure this was the best way to introduce new costumes. The beach costume makes her look pretty generic, like she could be from that anime that you just can't recall the title because it wasn't that memorable.

With all that said and considering how much she's featured in this trailer, I would rather have a Jean rate-up banner than Kazuha, but I'll wait to see how he plays.

Last edited:

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Yeah well I prefer his edgy look to all the vanilla copycats of our male hero. Xiao rules. Wish he had his mask on a cooldown or had on/off switch.
His look is great. I'm just not a fan of his personality or his gameplay. I'm kind of picky when it comes to characters, and even more so with as limited as primogems are.

BlackM1st

Banned
Looking at sad costumes that we got really made me nostalgic about times when we could have female designers designing females underwear and be proud of it...

Damn SJW trash, ruining everything for everyone...

• LOL

BlackM1st

Banned
His look is great. I'm just not a fan of his personality or his gameplay. I'm kind of picky when it comes to characters, and even more so with as limited as primogems are.
I discuss only looks. His personality is non existent, basically a modern day emo. His gameplay is as basic as it gets and his utility is non existent. But design wise? Great.

Pejo

Gold Member

Man, the most hype part about that is the vision lore and hopefully a bit of explanation of not only how Archons pick vision holders, but also how they actually give them. Most of the stories we have about it is that they just appear out of nowhere. I feel like the Inazuma story is going to be pretty great. Once again, that makes me laugh with how shitty the Liyue story was. JohnLee's "It was just a prank bro" chapter.

crumbs

I discuss only looks. His personality is non existent, basically a modern day emo. His gameplay is as basic as it gets and his utility is non existent. But design wise? Great.

I think Xiao would have benefited from using the adult male model & having a adult voice, then he would seem less "emo" and more battle-weary. There's currently an unfortunate disconnect between "ageless warrior suffering from his past" lore and the teenager looks with pre-puberty voice.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Looking at sad costumes that we got really made me nostalgic about times when we could have female designers designing females underwear and be proud of it...

Damn SJW trash, ruining everything for everyone...
And this was all done without a way to even tilt the camera for an upskirt. So essentially it was a passion project by a female modeler for something that they didn't expect most people to even be able to see, lol. She actually overruled the request for a black void under the skirts. MVP.

I just can't get over how bad Jean's costume looks in 3D. It really sucks for me because I use her all the time in the game, and I'd love to have a nice skin, probably would have shelled out for it too. Bastards put out their survey a day before the stream, I should have waited.

Pejo

Gold Member
Jean skin 1350 Genesis Crystals on sale, 1680 after 1.6. Stays in the shop permanently. So I guess the bar is set. Not sure how much $$ that is if you buy packs.

duaa26u11v171.png

YukiOnna

Jean skin 1350 Genesis Crystals on sale, 1680 after 1.6. Stays in the shop permanently. So I guess the bar is set. Not sure how much $$ that is if you buy packs.

duaa26u11v171.png
So 1350 is the 4.99 + 14.99 pack (I'm assuming bonus crystals count to this). 1680 is the 4.99 + 4.99 + 14.99 pack unless I'm doing the math wrong.

Pejo

Gold Member
So 1350 is the 4.99 + 14.99 pack (I'm assuming bonus crystals count to this). 1680 is the 4.99 + 4.99 + 14.99 pack unless I'm doing the math wrong.
So 20 bucks essentially on sale. I'd not be above it IF I actually liked the skin.

Also apparently the Barbara skin is free, but if you miss the event, it will go in the perma-skin shop for the 1680 Genesis Crystals after 1.6

YukiOnna

So 20 bucks essentially on sale. I'd not be above it IF I actually liked the skin.

Also apparently the Barbara skin is free, but if you miss the event, it will go in the perma-skin shop for the 1680 Genesis Crystals after 1.6
Fuckers just re-run the event... Whatever I ain't missing it then lmao.

Saber

Kinda sad Travelers cake isn't a dish. Would be better if it was instead of an useless item.

That reminds me, your Teapot gave me a good laugh when I loaded in and was immediately accosted by a pack of wild dogs.

He still mad I stolen his dog, now he gonna buy all the dogs in my teapot. I already said to him that put alot of dogs in the main area wastes furnish slot, but hes kinda retarded.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Fun stream. Jean's skin looks awful and I'm just waiting on Ganyu, but the islands look like a fun getaway with the new boss and events. Inazuma set up already sounds quite interesting and guess we'll be heading there in 1.7?

Top Bottom