• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
No idea how to reroll
Create new account and start from the very beginning lmao

Also, I have no idea which characters are good, so should I just wait until I can figure out the gameplay a little more?
That's absolutely irrelevant. You'll get what you'll get, who cares if you know or doesn't know characters? You will have to work with what you'll get anyway haha

It takes 30+ minutes to Reroll​

You can unlock the game's gacha feature after reaching adventurer rank 5. It doesn't seem like a lot but it actually takes thirty minutes at the fastest, and almost an hour for inexperienced players to reach this rank. This is an extremely long time needed for a single reroll compared to other gacha games.

Absolutely not worth it in my eyes.

Exentryk

Yeah ain't nobody got time for that haha. Thanks.

Edit: Question:
When a dungeon says level 17, should I only focus on getting one character to level 17 (as per the recommendation in the OP as it says not to level all your party equally and focus on one)?

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
should I only focus on getting one character to level
Eh, couple first levels are fast and easy, level up everyone you get till you find someone you feel comfortable with. In the end standard heroes are bottom of the barrel except for Kaeya and theirs constellations are the rarest constellations in game so you'll better focus on gacha heroes.

Don't waste primogems on standard banner. Always use primogems on limited banner. Weapon banner is a scam meant for whales, so don't bother with it either. Just roll your beginners banner, use free blue wishes on standard banner and start saving up primogems for limited aka rainbow wish banner.

Fuz

Banned
Used my first 10 beginner wishes and got Noelle and Barbara. Barbara seems neat and syncs nicely with Lisa.
That's a really bad pull tbh.
2Rce3.gif

A tip that I wish someone gave me when I started, but I wouldn't have followed anyway:
You can buy an account with a 5 star super cheap, like 2 euros.

I actually did buy one with Diluc+Bennet for 2 euros, then refunded it (because I asked for male traveler and got a female).

Exentryk

A tip that I wish someone gave me when I started, but I wouldn't have followed anyway:
You can buy an account with a 5 star super cheap, like 2 euros.
Yeah, like you, I don't think I'd go through with that lol.

I still have another 10 beginner wishes, so guessing I can get another 4 star at least?

BlackM1st

Banned

I still have another 10 beginner wishes, so guessing I can get another 4 star at least?
Yeah go for it. Noelle is a really good support and very easy to build. Her best weapon is a F2P claymore that you can craft. At C6 she becomes a real monster too Just read its description haha I'm still using her all the way up to WL8 and have no intention to drop her anytime soon.

Barbie is eh, but she's useful in the beginning because you really need a healer before you will start 1 shotting everything She isn't worthy of heavy investment, but in the beginning she will save your ass countless times.

Pejo

I wonder if Pejo Pejo allows me to buy Shiba dog at his teapot world.
Yea go for it, I don't particularly care about animals at this point, so if I haven't bought it by the end of Friday, it's all fair game.

Buying accounts has been proven time and time again to be a bad idea. If the one that created the account wants it back, they have ways of getting it back, and then you have no footing to stand on when your account is just gone one day. All the time (and money?) wasted.

Anyways, like others have said, rerolling is tedious in this game, but it didn't stop me. When the game launched, I rerolled I think 36 times until I got an account with 2 5* characters. I ran the entire beginning of the game up until I think rank 6 for some extra wishes, 36 times lol. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it at this point though, unless there's a 5* character that you REALLY want and absolutely want to stay F2P forever. There are rumors though that in the next major area opening up soon, more 5* characters will be added to the standard pool, so it'll be harder to get one specific non-limited 5* character. Don't let me bait you into FOMO though, I probably looked insane rerolling as much as I did.
If that's from who I think it is, they do it really well.
I knew you two were going with this guy, but no, the one I posted has his watermark in the middle somewhere. Sushisomethingorother.

Blue's alright though, he does good work lol.
Something not shippy between the two and just noice

I'm so happy that the Eula story quest pretty much shat on yuri shippers. Now we get nice wholesome stuff like this instead of the weird Ganyu/Keqing lesbian art with tumblr noses.

Also,
In the end standard heroes are bottom of the barrel except for Kaeya
MLmN6ji.png

YukiOnna

I knew you two were going with this guy, but no, the one I posted has his watermark in the middle somewhere. Sushisomethingorother.

Blue's alright though, he does good work lol.

I'm so happy that the Eula story quest pretty much shat on yuri shippers. Now we get nice wholesome stuff like this instead of the weird Ganyu/Keqing lesbian art with tumblr noses.

Also,

MLmN6ji.png
Now we get Eula milk jokes and that's a-okay with me. Thankfully, Ganyu is the so popular art wise that the yuri stuff is ez to ignore.

That should be her new ult btw

Pejo

Lots of noise in the leaker community lately that indeed Baal/Raiden is going to look like or have a lot of similarities to Honkai's Mei, also that she is not a sword (likely looks like polearm so far). Also, her kit is apparently going to be support like the other Archons and is supposed to be "strong enough that you won't care about electro" or something to that effect. Bad news for Electro buffs I guess.

YukiOnna

Lots of noise in the leaker community lately that indeed Baal/Raiden is going to look like or have a lot of similarities to Honkai's Mei, also that she is not a sword (likely looks like polearm so far). Also, her kit is apparently going to be support like the other Archons and is supposed to be "strong enough that you won't care about electro" or something to that effect. Bad news for Electro buffs I guess.
The Japanophile in me: idc if shes support, but Polearm over katana? NO!

Fuz

Banned
Buying accounts has been proven time and time again to be a bad idea. If the one that created the account wants it back, they have ways of getting it back, and then you have no footing to stand on when your account is just gone one day. All the time (and money?) wasted.
Tbh, when I refunded that account the seller couldn't get it back because I linked it to my email, and took a few days for his bad english to explain that to me.
So, it's probably safer than most people think.
I rerolled I think 36 times until I got an account with 2 5* characters
Which ones?

Last edited:

Pejo

Tbh, when I refunded that account the seller couldn't get it back because I linked it to my email, and took a few days for his bad english to explain that to me.
So, it's probably safer than most people think.

Which ones?
Qiqi and Venti. This was at the time that everyone thought Qiqi was overpowered and top tier because we hadn't yet seen that the endgame was all DPS races.
Fuck my life, who's sword we saw leaked previously then? Ugh...
Well there was Yujin, who dresses in purple and a lot of leakers thought she might be Raiden, but then she ended up being Geo and (I think) a bow.

*edit* Sorry, read that wrong. You mean that purple katana. Who knows who that's going to. Kazuha, Traveler, maybe Albedo will come in again and ruin everyone's day.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Qiqi and Venti. This was at the time that everyone thought Qiqi was overpowered and top tier because we hadn't yet seen that the endgame was all DPS races.
Tbh, Qiqi right now is a meme, but she is a really excellent healer, who's not dependant on energy regen and cooldowns. She's got the most powerful realiable healing in game. She's really a "I don't lose" button.

She doesn't do anything else, though.

Pejo

Tbh, Qiqi right now is a meme, but she is a really excellent healer, who's not dependant on energy regen and cooldowns. She's got the most powerful realiable healing in game. She's really a "I don't lose" button.

She doesn't do anything else, though.
Yep, the fact that she doesn't generate energy is her biggest weakness. She's got the only elemental skill in the game that doesn't generate any energy. Like wtf. If they added that and gave her a unique Charge Attack, like how Jean's lifts enemies up off the ground and floats them, she'd be fine. Maybe make her charge attack apply movement/attack speed debuff on the enemy. It's also a shame that they don't really use her status as a
76MPTWP.png

For anything related to her skills or attacks. One of her idle stances should be the jiangshi hop at least.

iu

Yeah ain't nobody got time for that haha. Thanks.

Edit: Question:
When a dungeon says level 17, should I only focus on getting one character to level 17 (as per the recommendation in the OP as it says not to level all your party equally and focus on one)?
Used my first 10 beginner wishes and got Noelle and Barbara. Barbara seems neat and syncs nicely with Lisa.
Welcome to the thread.

Barb is wonderful in the early game. And you can have success with any character in the game, but unless you really like her gameplay, I'd avoid building Lisa. Her burst requires too much energy, and her skill can't be used without making her an easy target. Lisa and Amber are generally considered the weakest characters, unfortunately.

As for levels, keep your main DPS as high as you can, and you shouldn't worry too much about leveling anyone to 20 or even 40 in the early game. It's the diminishing returns you'll want to avoid. It takes about as much XP to level a character from 0 to 80 as it does 80 to 90.

What character are you using for DPS currently?

Last edited:

Pejo

Welcome to the thread.

Barb is wonderful in the early game. And you can have success with any character in the game, but unless you really like her gameplay, I'd avoid building Lisa. Her burst requires too much energy, and her skill can't be used without making her an easy target. Lisa and Amber are generally considered the weakest characters, unfortunately.

As for levels, keep your main DPS as high as you can, and you shouldn't worry too much about leveling anyone to 20 or even 40 in the early game. It's the diminishing returns you'll want to avoid. It takes about as much XP to level a character from 0 to 80 as it does 80 to 90.

Regardless of my bias with Amber, you pretty much need her for world puzzles for the first 2/3 of the game, so it's kinda pointless to avoid building her. Once you get all the puzzles solved and have better Pyro characters, sure, you can stop.

Fake

The traveler is quite good at dealing damage. Just Liza don't put much punches. My main DPS are Chongus and Diluc.

Regardless of my bias with Amber, you pretty much need her for world puzzles for the first 2/3 of the game, so it's kinda pointless to avoid building her. Once you get all the puzzles solved and have better Pyro characters, sure, you can stop.
Yeah, I'd say get her to 20, maybe 40 if she's being one-shot. You are kind of stuck with her for a while, that's true.

Exentryk

Welcome to the thread.

Thanks for the tips.

I am currently using Lisa as the DPS as she auto-targets and I don't have to worry about chasing every single enemy down. I use Amber's Fire doll and then use Lisa to cause elemental reaction. Now that I have Barbara, I use her to wet the enemy, then Lisa to Superconduct. Barbara also has that book weapon which gives 24% ATK to switched character. Not sure if ATK even affects reactions, but I'm still working through it all.

I'm reading that Vaporize and Melt seem to be the best elemental effects in terms of damage, so guess I'll work into that going forward.

Pejo

Thanks for the tips.

I am currently using Lisa as the DPS as she auto-targets and I don't have to worry about chasing every single enemy down. I use Amber's Fire doll and then use Lisa to cause elemental reaction. Now that I have Barbara, I use her to wet the enemy, then Lisa to Superconduct. Barbara also has that book weapon which gives 24% ATK to switched character. Not sure if ATK even affects reactions, but I'm still working through it all.

I'm reading that Vaporize and Melt seem to be the best elemental effects in terms of damage, so guess I'll work into that going forward.
I don't want to inundate you with a ton of info all at once, but the biggest component to most elemental reactions are a combination of character level in relation to enemy level and elemental mastery (a stat). Vaporize and Melt are considered the best because not only do they use those two factors to scale damage, but they also factor character Attack stat into the equation AND can crit (this is the big difference). When I was just starting out, I found that constantly swapping back and forth between Barbara and Lisa and just mashing their attack button was a very viable method of taking out small groups and flying enemies due to the electro-charged reaction not having any internal cooldown.

It's worth noting that you're going to get a few free characters as you progress. Unfortunately you've already missed quite a few free characters given out via events, but I'm sure there will be more as time passes. At any rate, I think you're up to get 2 more Barbaras and a Xiangling (pyro polearm user). Eventually the main character will learn how to swap elements between Anemo (air) and Geo (earth). When you get duplicates of characters, you also obtain an item that lets you increase their "constellations" which will make them stronger in various ways. Usually the good ones are at 2/4/6 constellations. 6 is the max you can improve a character as of now.

Your biggest weakness at the beginning of the game is that you don't have a particularly strong DPS carry character (one that stays on the field most of the time and does big damage). Luckily (or not), these are usually the roles of the featured limited 5* units on rotating banners. If you save up, you can pretty much guarantee getting one of them. There is a pity mechanic for the wishes in this game. By 73 pulls you hit "soft pity", meaning that your chance of pulling a 5* goes up to like 40% or so. If you have absolutely horrible luck, the max hard pity is 90 pulls to guarantee you a 5*. On the rotating character banners, this 5* can only be a character, and has a 50/50 shot of being the focus character. If you get unlucky on the 50/50, the next 5* you pull on that banner will guarantee the banner character. This also saves pity progress across banners of the same type, so if you roll on the Eula banner (the current one) and get to 70 rolls, then the next banner comes around (Klee), you only need to roll a max of 20 to hit the pity. A lot of us will roll for this on purpose to "build" pity to guarantee we get a particular character we want on a future banner. You can alternatively just save 180 rolls worth of currency to guarantee yourself even in the worst of luck. I don't think anybody in this thread has ever had to do 180 rolls for a character though.

Eula, the current limited 5* is very strong, but is a physical damage type, which is a heavily resisted damage type to anything that isn't a human enemy. She also has no support capabilities, so once she leaves the field she's not contributing anything to to the team.

SD9LJxM.jpg

Klee is the next banner, who is still one of the top DPS characters, and she's Pyro which is the best element in the game for all sorts of reasons. Either of them would be a big improvement to your team though. Past that, we know there will be a 5* Anemo (air) sword user that looks to be mostly support, then likely some new characters that are still relatively unknown.

Well, so much for not hitting you with too much info. Ask away if you have questions, or just ignore it entirely and play however you want.

Exentryk

Well, so much for not hitting you with too much info. Ask away if you have questions, or just ignore it entirely and play however you want.
Haha, all good. I appreciate the info actually. I was wondering how that constellation stuff worked, so your post helped answer it (that I need a duplicate character pull for that).

Do you know how to get more talents?

Pejo

Haha, all good. I appreciate the info actually. I was wondering how that constellation stuff worked, so your post helped answer it (that I need a duplicate character pull for that).

Do you know how to get more talents?
You can level them up with talent books, which are drops from dungeons (that you can co-op). You also unlock 2 additional talents per character as you level them up and ascend them. I think it's at level 30 and 60 maybe? I can't remember.

LOLCats

Banned
Ripperoni for good shop characters this month.

tv4tflmkhc271.png
The fuck barbara again.. i got 150 masterglitter lol... i guess ill get kaeya cuz his constellations seems rare AF.

But damn its been shit chars in the shop for me last several months.

Last edited:

Pejo

The fuck barbara again.. i got 150 masterglitter lol... i guess ill get kaeya cuz his constellations seems rare AF.

But damn its been shit chars in the shop for me last several months.
Every month that a Lisa or Amber isn't available

iu

Pejo

Upcoming Klee banner. Cursed.

8d5u4tri1e271.png

*edit*

I can hardly believe it, but Reddit even hates the upcoming Jean skin. One of the most anti-sexy "Censor all anime!" sites on the net, and they hate it.

*edit 2*

BIG Spoilers

It looks like Kazuha stole his original vision from Baal after his brother(?) lost a fight with her, presumably with her trying to take it back. Baal has a shrine maiden look, and does kinda look like Mei from Honkai. Also we DO see her use a sword in this vid, so BlackM1st BlackM1st can get hype again maybe?

I wonder who that attendant for Baal was, standing in front of the door with the bobcut. We haven't seen her leak anywhere. Maybe just an NPC though.

Anyone know Chinese that can give us rundown of the audio?

Last edited:
Top Bottom