• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Weren't they experimenting on having skins behind the gacha system just like honkai? I didn't like Jean's skin that much but it's better to pay $20 in genesis crystals than gacha, I guess. Still, I'd love for all skins to be permanent buys in the shop. Fuck limited-time cosmetics.

YukiOnna

Weren't they experimenting on having skins behind the gacha system just like honkai? I didn't like Jean's skin that much but it's better to pay $20 in genesis crystals than gacha, I guess. Still, I'd love for all skins to be permanent buys in the shop. Fuck limited-time cosmetics.
Think it was just a false leak/someone edited it in. I don't ever recall official mentioning it and I'm glad for it. I'm a-okay with buying skins, but I don't like how Barbara's free only for a limited time. Sucks for people who miss it since it sounds like it won't ever be re-run.

Side note: Archon Quest Chapter 2 Key Visual looks cool.
y9cR9IA.jpg

Pejo

Will buy two more today.
There's a pretty low limit to how many animals you can have in a single housing area. I want to say 6 or 7 right now. Make sure you don't waste your currency.

I just watched the 1.6 special program. Boy they could tone down the fake giggling.

Anyways, Inazuma preview was the best part of the whole thing. Looks like it's gonna be fun. I don't know if I saw this in leaks or somewhere else, but that record player is Alice's,
Klee's mom. She likely made up this Dodoking thing just to get Klee a vacation.

The racquetball game looks fun too.

crumbs

Anyways, Inazuma preview was the best part of the whole thing. Looks like it's gonna be fun. I don't know if I saw this in leaks or somewhere else, but that record player is Alice's,
Klee's mom. She likely made up this Dodoking thing just to get Klee a vacation.

I kinda figured as much. Looking forward to Alice being the first 6 star in the game :messenger_grinning_sweat: . Either her or the fisherman guy near Wangshu Inn that one-shots the indestructible Ruin Hunter.

LOLCats

Banned
i used all caps in the survey to yell that we need content not pointless events. though i like the hillichurl event, its too short lived. WL8, fight done in less than a minute...

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I'm sure the op is accurate but I just wanted to double check about cross platform saves and play with PS4. My daughter wants to try the game but would love be to take her PS4 saves to her phone and iPad. I assume it is a now but thought I would ask just in case.

LOLCats

Banned
I'm sure the op is accurate but I just wanted to double check about cross platform saves and play with PS4. My daughter wants to try the game but would love be to take her PS4 saves to her phone and iPad. I assume it is a now but thought I would ask just in case.
yep... no cross-save on playstation, but crossplay is available.

pc/mobile: cross-save
playstation/mobile/pc: crossplay

i thought i read genshin might be going to the Nintendo Switch, be interesting to see if its cross-save or play.

Last edited:

Pejo

Sony makes publishers pay them money to enable cross-play, which apparently miHoYo has done. They still won't budge on the cross-save stuff though, which is a big bummer. Also your account gets tied to your PSN account so no rerolling on Playstation (not that your kid will likely do that anyways though).

Fuz

Banned
How many Friendship 10 characters do you guys have?
Xiao, Venti, Mona, Razor, Qiqi, Fischl, Xiangling, Beidou.
Speaking of friendship, if I do the daily quests with only 1 non maxed character, do I get a bonus on friendship over doing them with 4 non maxed? 'Cause I'm tired of running subpar teams for dailies -_-

crumbs

I've really enjoying visiting someone's else's teapot, running all the way over to their traveling sales-bird (who is always 3 areas over) to buy something and realizing I don't have any realm currency since I spent it all the night prior :messenger_expressionless: .

I have a Shiba and 2 cats in my tea shop (till last night when I checked). My pot is open so if anyone in NA wants to buy then go ahead. I am trust rank 8 and 20k energy in two realms so don't need any.

Fake

Beware about those survey. You think they want to listen you, but in reality is just a brainstorm hidden waiting to steal your ideia.

Fake

Isn't that good? I mean thats what one wants to have things implemented the way they want.

Thing about the time until those 'things' get implemented or fixed. They usally want to steal your ideia first, and improves/fixed are less priority.

Its just like earning a burger for a feedback.

Fake

That's... a win in my book haha If only MiHo would send me one instead of useless 30k lol

Well, depends.

For example, have you ever heard a guy sue Apple because Apple stole his ideia?

Well, this 'ideia' Apple get from a hidden feeback inside his phone give Apple about 1b dollars profit.

I just saying the sugestions/bug fix/gameplay improves are not they priority. They want you to make their game better for free.

Thing about the time until those 'things' get implemented or fixed. They usally want to steal your ideia first, and improves/fixed are less priority.

Its just like earning a burger for a feedback.

I neither have the desire nor means to implement my ideas on my own or even monetize it. So if someone else can use it and I get to use or experience it then good for me.

Pejo

Xiao, Venti, Mona, Razor, Qiqi, Fischl, Xiangling, Beidou.
Speaking of friendship, if I do the daily quests with only 1 non maxed character, do I get a bonus on friendship over doing them with 4 non maxed? 'Cause I'm tired of running subpar teams for dailies -_-
No, you only get bonus friendship for doing bosses/domains in co-op. If you take 1 or 2 of your characters into a co-op session, they get double friendship.

Looks like the guy that leaked the Genshin/Honkai collab just said that Signora will be in 2.0 (Inazuma start supposedly) as a weekly boss. Maybe she's going to be recruitable sooner than later? I might have to repurpose some of my primo funds for her.

Last edited:

Fake

I neither have the desire nor means to implement my ideas on my own or even monetize it. So if someone else can use it and I get to use or experience it then good for me.

I disagree, but understand that. I not seeing the game get improves from feedback anw, just new features, maybe from others games.

There a loads of fix to be done yet.

Fuz

Banned
Looks like the guy that leaked the Genshin/Honkai collab just said that Signora will be in 2.0 (Inazuma start supposedly) as a weekly boss. Maybe she's going to be recruitable sooner than later? I might have to repurpose some of my primo funds for her.
Hope so, because if not, judging by the leaked characters, after Kazuha I will not pull anymore in my life.

No, you only get bonus friendship for doing bosses/domains in co-op. If you take 1 or 2 of your characters into a co-op session, they get double friendship.

Even with that the time taken to max friendship 4 characters will still be the same. If someone wants to specifically want to max friendship one or two characters then co-op is good for them.

oof, yes come to me

Last edited:

Fake

Which one are you using on her? I've been really happy with Crescent Pike other than how ugly it is.

Favonius Lance. I was between Favonius and Dragonspine lance, but Favonius is giving much particle, so I can get her burst very easy.

Is not make any favors to her damage overall, but using her burst with others really make wonders.

deanote666

Are there any good places to farm butterfly wings? "Maps" and the "interactive map" have had nothing where they indicate the bugs are.

Exentryk

Just started playing this last night, and it was a really great experience. I finished Keaya's quest and now have to go meet Amber regarding glider progress.

The graphics at 4K look so clean and vibrant. Some cutscenes actually look worse since they seem to be at a lower resolution. Other than that, the game is quite relaxing, with great music and artstyle. The combat is also quite interesting with the elemental interactions.

Some things that annoy me are the fact that I can't hide the UI. It's such a pretty game and that UI just gets in the way. Also that UID being stuck there all the time is also annoying as someone playing on an OLED. The game also stutters every minute or so. It's not even using 50% of the 3080, so seems like the issue is with the coding of the game.

But still, I had a great time last night and looking forward to playing more later today. If anyone has any tips for a new starter, please share.

Pejo

Are there any good places to farm butterfly wings? "Maps" and the "interactive map" have had nothing where they indicate the bugs are.
Nothing particularly that I've noticed. They're randomly scattered throughout grasslands during the daytime only though. I know that's not much help.
Just started playing this last night, and it was a really great experience. I finished Keaya's quest and now have to go meet Amber regarding glider progress.

The graphics at 4K look so clean and vibrant. Some cutscenes actually look worse since they seem to be at a lower resolution. Other than that, the game is quite relaxing, with great music and artstyle. The combat is also quite interesting with the elemental interactions.

Some things that annoy me are the fact that I can't hide the UI. It's such a pretty game and that UI just gets in the way. Also that UID being stuck there all the time is also annoying as someone playing on an OLED. The game also stutters every minute or so. It's not even using 50% of the 3080, so seems like the issue is with the coding of the game.

But still, I had a great time last night and looking forward to playing more later today. If anyone has any tips for a new starter, please share.
Welcome to the thread! The UI thing bugs me too as a fellow OLED owner, but the developers haven't given any indication that they're going to change anything about it. Particularly annoying is the little User ID in the bottom right that never goes away, even in the pause menu or during loading screens. That stutter thing is definitely not normal, but I don't have any particular advice. I have a 2070 Super and it's been buttery smooth at 4k the entire time. Maybe a driver issue?

There are lots of tips, make sure you read the OP which is mostly still relevant. The best time in the game is the first 30ish hours, so don't rush it. When you get to the "endgame", all that's left is doing dailies, building characters, and doing the biweekly events of various quality. If you plan on staying F2P, save up your primogems until there's a character that you really want. If you are going to spend, the Welkin Moon and Battle Pass are the two best value things to purchase.

If you have any specific questions or need help in game, don't hesitate to ask in the thread. Also, which server are you on? (Usually split by like CN/EU/Americas/etc)

LOLCats

Banned
What are you farming those for? But there is probably a guide w/ locations on the internet. There is for fireflies.

Exentryk

If you have any specific questions or need help in game, don't hesitate to ask in the thread. Also, which server are you on? (Usually split by like CN/EU/Americas/etc)
Thanks.

The auto selected server was America with 200 ms (low) connection.

Exentryk

If you have any specific questions or need help in game, don't hesitate to ask in the thread.
Do you recommend using the beginner wishes right away. I'm currently Adventure Rank 10 and just finished the Glider Raptor side quest. Or is it worth waiting for some reason?

Fuz

Banned
Some things that annoy me are the fact that I can't hide the UI. It's such a pretty game and that UI just gets in the way. Also that UID being stuck there all the time is also annoying as someone playing on an OLED
Word.
Do you recommend using the beginner wishes right away. I'm currently Adventure Rank 10 and just finished the Glider Raptor side quest. Or is it worth waiting for some reason?
Yeah, use it. I'd reroll until you get the character you want toh.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Yeah, use it. I'd reroll until you get the character you want toh.
No idea how to reroll (how do you even reload? Or save for that matter?).

Also, I have no idea which characters are good, so should I just wait until I can figure out the gameplay a little more? These beginner wishes won't go away or anything, will they?

Top Bottom