• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Gold Member
Mimi Tomo!

Interestingly, it looks like if we complete this, we get a permanent extra daily quest added from Katheryne to track down and hunt Wei (the unusual hilichurl).

Also, hit rank 8 teapot, got my beach house started. I already love it so much more than my cloud realm. Don't have time tonight to really do much with it, but I'm looking forward to making it actually look nice.

BlackM1st

Banned
And omg don't get me started on these banners. I think we've all had enough of Waterboy and Barbara.
LOL, word.

Which generally means going P2W for the big weapons and grinding artifacts like a 9-5 job to search for god tier rolls on your artifacts.
Not necessarily, but I understand what you mean. You either really care and build your 2 teams properly(including pesky 4☆ supports) or just bust it with P2W help. In either case it's hardly a fun activity. Only yesterday I got to 12-3(1). Killed the new bosses in 5 minutes. Then 12-3(2) mages ohk killed me and I said F it lol

Last edited:

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
So with the teapot, why do we have options to build ceilings, floors, and walls, but none of them seem to work? Have they been announced as placeholders or something?

I also find it interesting that the load is going to be increased depending on which platform you're on. Does that mean large portions of your furnishings won't show up on certain platforms, or are they going to separate who can even enter which teapot depending on platform? I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

BlackM1st

Banned
So with the teapot, why do we have options to build ceilings, floors, and walls, but none of them seem to work? Have they been announced as placeholders or something?
Isn't it just switching the texture of existing walls/floors?
Does that mean large portions of your furnishings won't show up on certain platforms, or are they going to separate who can even enter which teapot depending on platform?
Nah. I think that being able to PLACE is not the same as being able to DISPLAY. IMO on your PC account you will be able to furnish all you want, but on mobile it will be only displayed and wouldn't be something that you will be able to change in the "place" menu. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to see anything in the open world, especially in the cities haha

Saber

They seem to work on here but its specific to each room. If I have one floor/wall/ceiling in one room, I can't use the same on another. I would have to build a new one. At least from what I get here, can't say I understand much how this works.

Last edited:
My issue with GI is going to be the same problem Fire Emblem Heroes has which is powercreep and another thing that kills the game is all the leaks that just make me say oh well this will be added so I will play the next patch and then when the next patch arrives there are more leaks that put me off the game further and the cycle continues.
Powercreep can be rebalanced, it happens in Honkai quite a bit when older kits get updated or a support is released that boosts another older group of characters.
Personally I like having the CN server being one version ahead, GI and Honkai are really stingy with free currency and summons are expensive, with the previews I can pick when to save and when to spend.
also *laughs in +2 fallen edelgard

Dregnel

i don't get a new character since march 3, when i got hu tao, no rozaria, nir yanfei nir eula, 3 month without a new characters and playing almost everyday with 2 week off.

Fuz

Banned
i don't get a new character since march 3, when i got hu tao, no rozaria, nir yanfei nir eula, 3 month without a new characters and playing almost everyday with 2 week off.
This is the main problem with this game.

There's nothing to do right now for long time players who finished exploring the overworld. And we can't pull on shit (which is a pretty huge part of gacha enjoyement, plus having new stuff gives us more things to try) due to lacking resources and how banners are designed.
I finished the BP (and not buying this month - fuck you mihoyo) and I just log to get the free gems then I fuck right off on to DFFOO and Exos Heroes.

For comparison, and I'm F2P in both:
- In DFFOO I have 1.2mil gems and 800 tickets (5000 gems = 1 multi pull for 11 chars), got all the weapons I wanted and more, I'm pulling every week, mostly with tickets and they give away tons of free multipulls (got 2 BT weapons - top tier, rarest - from free multipulls).
- Exos gives away TONS of currency and free pulls too, playing for a bit less than a month now and pulled 5 stars left and right. TBH, apparently pvp is whale territory, but who fucking cares for pvp.

I sure have complaints for both games, but sure as fuck I'm not getting bored because of dry spells.

Last edited:

Dregnel

There's nothing to do right now for long time players who finished exploring the overworld. And we can't pull on shit (which is a pretty huge part of gacha enjoyement, plus having new stuff gives us more things to try) due to lacking resources and how banners are designed.
I finished the BP (and not buying this month - fuck you mihoyo) and I just log to get the free gems then I fuck right off on to DFFOO and Exos Heroes.

- In DFFOO I have 1.2mil gems and 800 tickets (5000 gems = 1 multi pull for 11 chars), got all the weapons I wanted and more, I'm pulling every week, mostly with tickets and they give away tons of free multipulls (got 2 BT weapons - top tier, rarest - from free multipulls).
- Exos gives away TONS of currency and free pulls too, playing for a bit less than a month now and pulled 5 stars left and right. TBH, apparently pvp is whale territory, but who fucking cares for pvp.

I sure have complaints for both games, but sure as fuck I'm not getting bored because of dry spells.
I honestly don't have the strength to play another gacha, i'm testing phantasy star online 2 CBT and i liked it, i will play that instead i can't farm another 2 month to get that guaranteed pity in this game, that would be 5 month without nothing, almost the half year, xingqiu c14 seriously fuck this game :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Pejo

Gold Member

Yep you hit on the biggest problem for me. These battle events are nice time wasters and probably easy for them to pump out, but if this game had been a timed DPS race in a circular room from the very start, I wouldn't have played past day 1. Honkai already does that, and does it way better. I was drawn into this game by the story/world/lore/exploration. I think they should nix so many of these little shitty events, make less of them but they last longer or whatever to fill gaps, then focus on making a dragonspine-sized area for every or every other version update. It was amazing how rejuvenated I was when dragonspine dropped and it made me remember how good this game is when you're just exploring shit and unlocking stuff. It's not even so much about the rewards as is it just the feeling of exploration.

They just did the final survey for 1.6 players a few days ago, and one of the big questions was "do you want the puzzles to get harder or stay the same", and I'm really hoping that most people picked to make them harder. I also hope, that unlike dragonspine, they don't force us to rush through exploring the area and let us take it at our own pace. Due to the story quests tied in to dragonspine and the crimson wishes, I felt like I was falling behind by not grinding out every hidden chest in the first week or so. Obviously that ended up not being the case because they completely abandoned the area after that patch, but still.

BlackM1st

Banned
on making a dragonspine-sized area for every or every other version update
All leaks are controlled and not real "leaks". I really wanna know what's happening behind the closed doors and why they are struggling so much with new meaningful content. Surely can't be money or team size issues. Mobile holding them back? Doubtful too because mobile evolve just like a PC and they can bump game requirements lately down the road. But now it's not even necessary imo. So it's not money, not a team size, not mobile platform restrictions...Then what? I fondly remember Destiny's launch and how developers complained about horrible engine. But GI uses very common/simple engine, surely they should be capable to work with it.

Saber

Maybe they have the numbers and think they are not in need of releasing drastic content?
Just a guess. They might have all the content ready but are just waiting for an opportunity. The moment they got a really bad spike at the player base, maybe they start to move.

Fuz

Banned
Maybe they have the numbers and think they are not in need of releasing drastic content?
Just a guess. They might have all the content ready but are just waiting for an opportunity. The moment they got a really bad spike at the player base, maybe they start to move.
That's what I also think, but when the spike is gonna show itself it will be already too late.

Saber

That's what I also think, but when the spike is gonna show itself it will be already too late.

Yeah, thats why its a guess. I mean, someone even said they lost 40% of the player base but somehow I'm getting the impression like they aren't even bothered?
Feels like for them it's no big deal. I see no sense of "rushing things" in order to get back those 40%, feels like everything is at a slow pace as if they have nothing to worry.

Pejo

Gold Member
Yeah, thats why its a guess. I mean, someone even said they lost 40% of the player base but somehow I'm getting the impression like they aren't even bothered?
Feels like for them it's no big deal. I see no sense of "rushing things" in order to get back those 40%, feels like everything is at a slow pace as if they have nothing to worry.
Well 40% of the playerbase is huge, but if that's true, I wonder how much were paying (welkin moon/BP) customers instead of just F2Ps or reroll accounts. Not that a game doesn't need a healthy F2P population, but if I lost 40% of my non-payers and retained a lot of the paying people, it wouldn't exactly light a fire under my ass.

Pejo Pejo where is your ID?

Are you on the Americas server? If you're on EU/CN you probably can't add me.

YukiOnna

dU0NZ7c.jpg

Pejo

Gold Member
Man, after building Eula to lvl 85 with some talents and artifacts leveled, I'm really liking her. If you manage to kill a small enemy like a regular hilichurl or the small sized treasure hoarders with her 3rd or 5th hit in her normal combo, it yeets their bodies like 20 yards away and ragdolls them, super satisfying. I still am not getting 100k+ with her burst like she easily got in the trial, but who knows what fuckery they have set up for that.

Finally pushed through the rest of the misty dungeon event too. The only 2 I didn't get all achievements on the first run were the plunge attack kills and the 50k HP healing on the healing dungeon. MVP team for most of those trials for me was Keqing/Albedo/Xinyan/Diona. I swapped Sucrose in for Xinyan on the ranged trial. Conspiracy theory hat time - the whole event was to show how good Albedo is in settings where there are frequent encounters with many tightly packed together enemies to try to boost his inevitable rerun. Thing is, you rarely get those conditions in the game world. Usually it's 1-3 enemies and they always stay far far away from you and each other. I particularly hate how they programmed slimes to retreat, stop, look at you for a minute, and then come back in towards you every time you use a taunt skill on them.

Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

Finally pushed through the rest of the misty dungeon event too. The only 2 I didn't get all achievements on the first run were the plunge attack kills and the 50k HP healing on the healing dungeon. MVP team for most of those trials for me was Keqing/Albedo/Xinyan/Diona. I swapped Sucrose in for Xinyan on the ranged trial. Conspiracy theory hat time - the whole event was to show how good Albedo is in settings where there are frequent encounters with many tightly packed together enemies to try to boost his inevitable rerun. Thing is, you rarely get those conditions in the game world. Usually it's 1-3 enemies and they always stay far far away from you and each other. I particularly hate how they programmed slimes to retreat, stop, look at you for a minute, and then come back in towards you every time you use a taunt skill on them.
That's interesting, I mostly used the same team comp of Keqing, Albedo, Diona and changed the 4th member depending on the challenge.

Most weren't too difficult, but I managed to mess up during the final battle of the elemental reaction dungeon and got Keqing killed. Things looked dire, but I ended up leaning on an Amber (!) and Diona melt comp to finish the challenge. I did not see that coming.

Pejo

Gold Member
Who all are archons among these?
In that picture, just Raiden (Baal) who we have no visual clues to yet other than probably purple. There's also speculation since Yae is basically a copy/pasted design from Genshin, that Baal will look like this in some way:

ALECdy4.png

Last edited:

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
Not really anything new here, but good summary of known upcoming characters:

ryx5ikrdvg171.png

Of all these, the only ones I am curious about are the dendro character to see how it is implemented, duo team to see their mechanic and Dain for his importance in the story and what his element is.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Mimi looks like the Female MC in a costume. Hopefully her final design is refined/tweaked to make her look more unique.
I thought the same exact thing about Kazuha and Male MC. I don't think we'll get what we want lol. Regardless, I'm really excited to get another water character, and my gut tells me she's 4*. Here's hoping.

Of all these, the only ones I am curious about are the dendro character to see how it is implemented, duo team to see their mechanic and Dain for his importance in the story and what his element is.
These actually aren't all of them. I like the little bug looking girl in the other leak image that I posted like a month ago. Signora won't be for quite a while I suspect, probably Shneznaya release. I guess the 2 most hyped for me personally are Mimi and Yunjin if she's the rumored Geo Bow character.

BlackM1st

Banned
team to see their mechanic
One of them is a boy in a stockings? Goddamn, why Miho, why, girl there is actually looking good...

I don't think we'll get what we want lol
Says a guy who bent over the moment EULA was released ;D Never say never, MiHo showed that we can get a new character outta nowhere. Personally, I'm really interested in the Inazuma's girls. All of them looks pretty nice. The only problem is that they can be released too close to each other...

Pejo

Gold Member
One of them is a boy in a stockings? Goddamn, why Miho, why, girl there is actually looking good...

Says a guy who bent over the moment EULA was released ;D Never say never, MiHo showed that we can get a new character outta nowhere. Personally, I'm really interested in the Inazuma's girls. All of them looks pretty nice. The only problem is that they can be released too close to each other...
A set of thick thighs coupled with ZR is my weakness, what can I say?

How many Friendship 10 characters do you guys have? I feel like I should have a lot more by now considering how much time I've put into this game.

So far I've got 7 - Amber, Childe, Beidou, Jean, Lisa, Diona, Mona

crumbs

A set of thick thighs coupled with ZR is my weakness, what can I say?

How many Friendship 10 characters do you guys have? I feel like I should have a lot more by now considering how much time I've put into this game.

So far I've got 7 - Amber, Childe, Beidou, Jean, Lisa, Diona, Mona
I'm at 7 now as well - Klee, Chongyun, Keqing, Fischl, Diluc, Bennett, & Ganyu. Not that friendship matters much in this game, but have been trying to build up others by adding them to the daily commissions even if they're not doing much.

Pejo

Gold Member
This is a pretty cool extended arrangement of Eula's theme. I wish the midi instruments he was using were a little more high quality, but he still did a good job of tying together into a full length song. This is probably my favorite trailer song since JohnLee.

Last edited:
Top Bottom