• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Don't worry, their drops and mora will be the same to compensate the difficulty.
This is the big suck. I wouldn't care if harder enemies/higher level/more HP equaled more drops, better quality drops etc. It's insulting that you can fight one of the elemental bosses at level 90 and get 2 green quality gems and 1 blue. When it takes 6 gold quality gems to uncap level 80.

crumbs

You can always go back to the last previous world tier if you wanted it, correct?

Yes, you can lower your world level by one and that drop resets at the end of the day, but there isn't any limit on the number of days you can lower your world level.

Last edited:

Pejo

I wasn't aware that I needed a cat Eula skin, but...

wxmdw84xy1b71.jpg

Also, MHY would never do this. Skin in my gacha game skin? No WAY.

YukiOnna

I wasn't aware that I needed a cat Eula skin, but...

wxmdw84xy1b71.jpg

Also, MHY would never do this. Skin in my gacha game skin? No WAY.
I feel a mix of salt that it would never happen and excitement because the art is glorious.

Pejo

God dammit, you have to equip a "tool" to gather seeds while you gather plants. It's not just something you get.

I swear to god they better open up the 2nd tool slot soon. It's so frustrating to have to go in to the inventory and re-equip shit like the ball, and the food bag, and the treasure compasses, and the anemo wisp catcher, etc etc etc.

YukiOnna

God dammit, you have to equip a "tool" to gather seeds while you gather plants. It's not just something you get.

I swear to god they better open up the 2nd tool slot soon. It's so frustrating to have to go in to the inventory and re-equip shit like the ball, and the food bag, and the treasure compasses, and the anemo wisp catcher, etc etc etc.
Yeah especially with the constant increase of new key items its becoming a pain.

crumbs

I thought the garden setup was supposed to be a more convenient way to get items, but all the steps they've added to the process, it feels like it would be easier to just find the materials the normal way.

BlackM1st

Banned
I thought the garden setup was supposed to be a more convenient way to get items, but all the steps they've added to the process, it feels like it would be easier to just find the materials the normal way.
Nah, it's cumbersome, sure, but if you will have a multiple gardening spots (say 10) you can possibly forever forget about open world flower gathering.

crumbs

Nah, it's cumbersome, sure, but if you will have a multiple gardening spots (say 10) you can possibly forever forget about open world flower gathering.
Maybe, but you still need to wait multiple days, even for something as common as the sweet flower, which respawns daily in the overworld. I can see it being useful for a couple of plants that spawn in weird spots and can be hard to harvest, like violet grass or qingxin flowers.

I dunno, I'm just trying to avoid teapot busy work. I haven't spent more than a few moments a day in the teapot, just picking up my realm currency and friendship exp.

Saber

They should introduce a item slot wheel, like someone suggested on reddit. It works like your normal options wheel, except its for equiped itens.

Pejo

They should introduce a item slot wheel, like someone suggested on reddit. It works like your normal options wheel, except its for equiped itens.
Well there's already a system in game to do up to 4 equipped "tools" at a time, right now we only have (on playstation/PC with a controller) L1 + O unlocked. But even using that current system, we would still have L1 + X, L1 + △, and L1 + ▢ which is more than enough for now, in my opinion.

*edit*

Which one of you crazy asses are planning on rolling for Keqing/Ayaka's BiS sword with this new weapon pity system? Here's your banner...

e6cclgnai5b71.jpg

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Well there's already a system in game to do up to 4 equipped "tools" at a time, right now we only have (on playstation/PC with a controller) L1 + O unlocked. But even using that current system, we would still have L1 + X, L1 + △, and L1 + ▢ which is more than enough for now, in my opinion.

*edit*

Which one of you crazy asses are planning on rolling for Keqing/Ayaka's BiS sword with this new weapon pity system? Here's your banner...

e6cclgnai5b71.jpg
New pity system doesn't carries over to the next banners, so... PASS.

If I could slooooooowly build it I could bite, but with as it's now? Not happening.

I don't get events like this. Are they supposed to be canon? I assume there will be an actual quest that takes us to Inazuma, so what is this sailing around, gathering scraps of wood and paper supposed to be? Does it have anything to do with the Kazuha event where we made a boat for some reason? I'm confused.

YukiOnna

I don't get events like this. Are they supposed to be canon? I assume there will be an actual quest that takes us to Inazuma, so what is this sailing around, gathering scraps of wood and paper supposed to be? Does it have anything to do with the Kazuha event where we made a boat for some reason? I'm confused.
I'm not doing the quest till 2.0 launches, but I'm assuming they're going to skip the boat ride and this is the in between with a couple of non canon fun involved. Don't think too much about it...

Pejo

This one is clearly not canon. Real story is going to have Beidou and her crew involved. This is just a fun little "what if" if Paimon and Traveler set out on an ocean adventure in what amounts to a dingy.

Saber

The what?

Even I didn't knew until someone there clarify.

The tectone incident was a case where a guy tried to pull a spear out of a specific banner(the one from epitome I think). He spent all his wishes and prymogens until he started to spend money. According to the guys there, he spent a total of $2k dollars on the banner and still didn't get the spear.

YukiOnna

Even I didn't knew until someone there clarify.

The tectone incident was a case where a guy tried to pull a spear out of a specific banner(the one from epitome I think). He spent all his wishes and prymogens until he started to spend money. According to the guys there, he spent a total of $2k dollars on the banner and still didn't get the spear.
Sounds like me and FGO when I tried to get Shiki. That's how I learned to save money... kinda.

YukiOnna

The Inazuma Diaries Vol. 1: The Mysterious Electro Element​

EDIT:

The Version 2.0 "The Immovable God and the Eternal Euthymia" Preview Page Is Here!​

Last edited:

Pejo

Man aren't they getting tired of the "hardworking serious" type for these female characters? I want to see some new archetype waifus. The bully, the brat, the lazy ass, the tsundere. They're focusing way too many characters on the same tropes. Ayaka feels like if Keqing and Ganyu had a baby, personality wise. Interesting that they made her brother, Ayato, the other key player here. In the beta, she was married to the other guy instead of a brother. Probably realized that would hurt self-insert sales on her banner though, likely a good move.

Anyways, the new stuff coming out about 2.0 is pretty hype, but I keep thinking that I'm about to be forced back into Theater Mechanicus, which I fucking hated the first time. Mostly though I'm just ready to have a new area to explore, which is inarguably the best part of the game. Can't wait to see what they have in store with new puzzles and puzzle types.

*edit*

Since the Bilibili playlists got taken down, here's an updated Inazuma OST to listen to on the hype train for the next week or so.

(timestamps in the top comment)

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Man aren't they getting tired of the "hardworking serious" type for these female characters? I want to see some new archetype waifus. The bully, the brat, the lazy ass, the tsundere. They're focusing way too many characters on the same tropes. Ayaka feels like if Keqing and Ganyu had a baby, personality wise. Interesting that they made her brother, Ayato, the other key player here. In the beta, she was married to the other guy instead of a brother. Probably realized that would hurt self-insert sales on her banner though, likely a good move.

Anyways, the new stuff coming out about 2.0 is pretty hype, but I keep thinking that I'm about to be forced back into Theater Mechanicus, which I fucking hated the first time. Mostly though I'm just ready to have a new area to explore, which is inarguably the best part of the game. Can't wait to see what they have in store with new puzzles and puzzle types.

*edit*

Since the Bilibili playlists got taken down, here's an updated Inazuma OST to listen to on the hype train for the next week or so.

(timestamps in the top comment)

At the very least, the gap moe remains... and Yoimiya looks to fit with Amber in genki girl department. The new traversal method and gimmicks surrounding it are pretty exciting and them teasing more gameplay elements to come. I am dreading Theater Mechanicus so I hope they introduce something simple like Shogi and Mahjong during 2.x lmao.

Pejo

At the very least, the gap moe remains... and Yoimiya looks to fit with Amber in genki girl department. The new traversal method and gimmicks surrounding it are pretty exciting and them teasing more gameplay elements to come. I am dreading Theater Mechanicus so I hope they introduce something simple like Shogi and Mahjong during 2.x lmao.
Man they really are trying to rub out Amber completely with Yoimiya. Her banner is going to drop on Amber's birthday, given the dates. Better Pyro bow, same personality. Damn you sick fuckers at MHY.

i9EDMNN.png

YukiOnna

Man they really are trying to rub out Amber completely with Yoimiya. Her banner is going to drop on Amber's birthday, given the dates. Better Pyro bow, same personality. Damn you sick fuckers at MHY.

i9EDMNN.png
We'll get that Amber skin and I'll keep sharing art of her. Amber will not be forgotten.

Top Bottom