• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
In the beta, she was married to the other guy instead of a brother. Probably realized that would hurt self-insert sales on her banner though, likely a good move.
Whales weebs despairing because she's married already so she can't marry them :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Like what happens with some idols in Japan, but those at least are real.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

So, how is the cross-save gonna work for people who already play on PS5/PS4?

I briefly read the process but it's rather confusing.

You will need a secondary e-mail to link to your PSN account, then use said e-mail for PC/Android and from there on they share the same game progress? Is that it?

Saber

So, how is the cross-save gonna work for people who already play on PS5/PS4?

I briefly read the process but it's rather confusing.

You will need a secondary e-mail to link to your PSN account, then use said e-mail for PC/Android and from there on they share the same game progress? Is that it?

I don't remember much, but I think thats it. You can't use the same email used on your PSN account, you need a different one.

Fuz

Banned
Then you'll have to do a pirouette, bow three times to the west at half past midnight and sing a mongolian throat song for 6 minutes and 6 seconds before logging in.

Last edited:
Hi Pejo Pejo
FAVOURITEGAMELOL.jpg

2Rce3.gif

I honestly liked this minigame as I like tower defense games in general. This and the windtrace are the only two minigames I enjoyed.

Pejo

200$ ? LOLNO
Butt...

04-1200x1200.jpg

Is this an official figure or a fan one? Seems weird that MHY didn't formally announce it if the former, seems weirdly high quality if the latter.

As I've been playing the Genshin X Honkai crossover, I am kinda thinking I might know the overall "behind the scenes" story for Genshin's universe.

I believe that Genshin is just a simulation in some way (unsure if the people's consciousness' are real people uploaded or just clever programming) created by Otto (in the Honkai universe he's kinda like a genius evil inventor that skirts the line between helpful/asshole, but is functionally immortal). I think he made this simulation in order to find the "Will" of the Honkai (basically a supreme and omnipotent force that strives for the destruction of everything it didn't create) and find a way to destroy it. The twins seem to be his "program" that is looking for the will and a way to stop it. The entirety of Teyvat is being looked at because of something in Celestia that we don't yet know, and the "Unknown Goddess" is actually either part of the Will of the Honkai or something that works for it/knows about it.

Anyways, you'd have to really know and understand the lore from Honkai to understand why this makes so much sense, but after seeing how the "jokey" cutscenes are playing out in Honkai, I think this really could be the overall story.

That's interesting, but I don't think Otto is that powerful, he'd basically have to power to change the imaginary tree if that was the case.
If he could do that, there shouldn't be any problem for him to go full simp and stop kallen from dying at all.

YukiOnna

$200 is kinda costly but not that much in today's PVC Figure prices. That's totally worth it and if it was Ganyu or Keqing, I would have bought it.

But I think Mona is overrated.

Butt...

04-1200x1200.jpg

Is this an official figure or a fan one? Seems weird that MHY didn't formally announce it if the former, seems weirdly high quality if the latter.
GoodSmile is selling it, so it's official, I think. Wonderful Works handles game PVC's like Girls Frontlines and Atelier Ryza, so should be in good hands.

Pejo

That's interesting, but I don't think Otto is that powerful, he'd basically have to power to change the imaginary tree if that was the case.
If he could do that, there shouldn't be any problem for him to go full simp and stop kallen from dying at all.
Well again it could just be a full-on simulation with the data he's gathered throughout time, running a "what if" scenario where Unknown Goddess is part of the Will. We still don't know how far into the future this is, or which Eruption (if this has any credence at all). I think the whole Katheryne "ERROR" lines as well as the Mona/Fischl event kinda hints that this is a simulation at the very least. I also wonder if we later find out that Alice is one of the Honkai cast that loads a consciousness into the world and manipulates things. She has info on Idols/Record players/all sorts of things that don't exist in the Genshin world, so she's definitely not just another resident of Teyvat that has just lived for a long time. It would also explain the "how" of the archipelago and her line in the event about "you can't see me but I'm always watching you."

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I honestly liked this minigame as I like tower defense games in general. This and the windtrace are the only two minigames I enjoyed.
I like it too, but the idea of having to farm it again, especially when there's Inazuma ready to explore, doesn't really excite me.

Last edited:
I heard that only half of Inazuma is going to be available to explore initially. The other half will be unlocked later on in the 2.0 update, presumably when the Yoimiya banner happens. That should leave you with enough time to complete the events.

YukiOnna

I heard that only half of Inazuma is going to be available to explore initially. The other half will be unlocked later on in the 2.0 update, presumably when the Yoimiya banner happens. That should leave you with enough time to complete the events.
Was it within 2.0? I just saw them say the 2nd half will release later.

Was it within 2.0? I just saw them say the 2nd half will release later.
My bad, I thought I read that, but the PS Blog has the following text:

"With Version 2.0, we’re only releasing three of the six main islands of Inazuma. There are many more landmarks and locations with distinct scenery, stories, secrets, and their respective connections to the history of Inazuma and the Electro Archon waiting for the Traveler to explore."

So I guess the rest is coming in a different update. A bit disappointing to be honest. How much content could 3 islands possibly hold? Still, I was pretty satisfied with the snowy mountain area as well, so if it's something like that I'd be happy.

YukiOnna

"With Version 2.0, we’re only releasing three of the six main islands of Inazuma. There are many more landmarks and locations with distinct scenery, stories, secrets, and their respective connections to the history of Inazuma and the Electro Archon waiting for the Traveler to explore."

So I guess the rest is coming in a different update. A bit disappointing to be honest. How much content could 3 islands possibly hold? Still, I was pretty satisfied with the snowy mountain area as well, so if it's something like that I'd be happy.
I'm guessing it'll come with 1st Anniversary in September. Given this is not a launch region and how they were talking about it on stream, sounds like there's a lot so let's hope.

Saber

Difficult to buy. No point in releasing a half new area, it would make the experience frustrating and the player base would accuse them of false marketing.

Now if you say that half is blocked because of story related quest, then thats easier to believe.

Pejo

And whats the function of this app?
I just tried it out, it seems just like it's just the hoyolab website in a mobile app. They really want you to tie your social media to it, but I just logged in with my MHY account. Checkmate!

Saber

I just tried it out, it seems just like it's just the hoyolab website in a mobile app. They really want you to tie your social media to it, but I just logged in with my MHY account. Checkmate!

Well, if that helps me doing their stupidass online events then its a win for me.

Fake

Also, I got a good laugh from today's in-game mail: Event ~Never Ending Battle~ is Ending Soon!

Reminds me a brazillian app called 'Sem parar' (without stop), and when the app crash he say 'sem parar parou' (without stop stopped).

Pejo

Reminds me a brazillian app called 'Sem parar' (without stop), and when the app crash he say 'sem parar parou' (without stop stopped).
This reminds me of when my girlfriend (speaks Spanish) laughed the first time we were out and saw a Chevy Nova (No va - doesn't go or something).

BlackM1st

Banned
I thought they always said first part Inazuma, back to Liyue for the Chasm and 2nd Half Inazuma after that
Looks like Chasm ain't happening anytime soon. They have no idea what to do with its Element. Maybe Chasm will be a prologue to the next major City with a corresponding element.

Pejo

Looks like Chasm ain't happening anytime soon. They have no idea what to do with its Element. Maybe Chasm will be a prologue to the next major City with a corresponding element.
This was the last generally accepted leak. I am willing to bet that they're not going to have Chasm open before we get the Liyue fall festival and Ganyu/Xiao reruns. It seems like a festival and a whole new area is too much content for a single patch.

My guess is:
  • 2.0 - First part of Inazuma.
  • 2.1 - Filler patch with nothing of worth.
  • 2.2 - Liyue Festival/Anniversary.
  • 2.3 - Second part of Inazuma (all 6 islands released at this point).
  • 2.4 - Filler patch.
  • 2.5 - Chasm (could be 2.4 if they get Dendro under control).
  • 2.6 - Underwater area(s) for Inazuma. Depending on size I could see them releasing one per patch, or both if they're small.
  • 2.7 - Amber 6* upgrade, gets a mech suit and can shoot tomahawk missiles, quadruples Ganyu's highest damage per normal attack.
  • 2.8 - Qiqi Featured banner where the only off-banner thing you can get is The Bell, runs for 2 months successively.
  • 2.9 - Genshin Impact X WWE collab with Zhong Xina limited banner and artifact set.

BlackM1st

Banned
This was the last generally accepted leak. I am willing to bet that they're not going to have Chasm open before we get the Liyue fall festival and Ganyu/Xiao reruns. It seems like a festival and a whole new area is too much content for a single patch.

My guess is:
  • 2.0 - First part of Inazuma.
  • 2.1 - Filler patch with nothing of worth.
  • 2.2 - Liyue Festival/Anniversary.
  • 2.3 - Second part of Inazuma (all 6 islands released at this point).
  • 2.4 - Filler patch.
  • 2.5 - Chasm (could be 2.4 if they get Dendro under control).
  • 2.6 - Underwater area(s) for Inazuma. Depending on size I could see them releasing one per patch, or both if they're small.
That's crazy how much time we waste on filler patches lol Naruto would be proud xD

BlackM1st

Banned
2.6 - Underwater area(s) for Inazuma.
Was they ever leaked?

BTW I wanted to ask you about yours Oled performance during heroes ULTIMATE which involve lots of bright flashes. Does your TV actually goes DARKER for a brief second during said bright flashes?

Pejo

Was they ever leaked?

BTW I wanted to ask you about yours Oled performance during heroes ULTIMATE which involve lots of bright flashes. Does your TV actually goes DARKER for a brief second during said bright flashes?
No, I used to see that a lot on my Samsung LCD when playing games, but it hasn't happened on my OLED at all.

One weird thing, one character's Ultimate in Honkai straight up shuts my TV off, though. It's a lightning flash themed move, but I have no idea why that one in particular fucks my TV.

The underwater caves were leaked to have existed, but no hard info other than names and references to them.

Last edited:

Pejo

Maybe they're already in 2.0? Was it confirmed that are not in 2.0?
Yea they were not in either phase of the beta. I'm not talking about like little ore caves or domains or anything, this would be something like the interior of Dragonspine but presumably bigger.

Fuz

Banned

AFAIU
The map you saw posted on reddit is what we will be able to explore.

What's missing is the underwater palaces and dunno what else.

Butt...

04-1200x1200.jpg

As I've been playing the Genshin X Honkai crossover, I am kinda thinking I might know the overall "behind the scenes" story for Genshin's universe.

I believe that Genshin is just a simulation in some way (unsure if the people's consciousness' are real people uploaded or just clever programming) created by Otto (in the Honkai universe he's kinda like a genius evil inventor that skirts the line between helpful/asshole, but is functionally immortal). I think he made this simulation in order to find the "Will" of the Honkai (basically a supreme and omnipotent force that strives for the destruction of everything it didn't create) and find a way to destroy it. The twins seem to be his "program" that is looking for the will and a way to stop it. The entirety of Teyvat is being looked at because of something in Celestia that we don't yet know, and the "Unknown Goddess" is actually either part of the Will of the Honkai or something that works for it/knows about it.

Anyways, you'd have to really know and understand the lore from Honkai to understand why this makes so much sense, but after seeing how the "jokey" cutscenes are playing out in Honkai, I think this really could be the overall story.
It's just wrong for MHY to license something like this, and yet be so prudish with the in-game characters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom