• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
1.2 leaks ahoy:

*edit*

Also, that leak I saw with the tomboy Electro Archon ended up being that fatui guy in today's event quest, so I guess jury's still out on what the archon will look like. Here's the other ones I've seen:

YR7EBuW.jpg

I hate the character's design so damn much.

Fucking weebs.

Last edited:

Pejo

reddit post was removed.
Ah, those cheeky bastards. It basically showed off a bunch of the new mechanics (like deep cold hurting your characters if you don't get near a fire and warm up etc) and another event that looks to be similar to the one we're running right now.

Jedge

Ah, those cheeky bastards. It basically showed off a bunch of the new mechanics (like deep cold hurting your characters if you don't get near a fire and warm up etc) and another event that looks to be similar to the one we're running right now.
reddit post was removed.
imgur.com/a/SU5pw5l

Here's an imgur link to the leaks (from the reddit thread) if anyone wants to check it out

Last edited:

Pejo

imgur.com/a/SU5pw5l

Here's an imgur link to the leaks (from the reddit thread) if anyone wants to check it out
It's interesting how they word the weapon effects in that Albedo gives buffs to the whole party if only he equips it. Wonder if we're getting a free Albedo?

You people are retarded sometimes, but I'll try to get this through your heads.

YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET MARKET.

Over 50% of the market by geographical spending is Asia. Less than 20% is the West. Japan all by itself spends more than the entire West. They are going to make the waifus and husbandos that appeal to the target market. You don't like this, well boo fucking hoo. China literally doesn't care. So quit your bitching about whatever it is you're bitching about today, this isn't Reddit.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, trust me, we(ebs) hate GI art more than anyone else. Because we know how a proper art looks like:
Now show the in-game art.

Anyways, arguing about weebs and anime tits is a little OT, if you want those things just go play Destiny Child or Last Origin.

BlackM1st

Banned
Now show the in-game art.

Anyways, arguing about weebs and anime tits is a little OT, if you want those things just go play Destiny Child or Last Origin.
What do you mean in game art. I showed ART and compared it to GI ART which is absolutely homogeneous and non offensive to anyone.

Pejo

What do you mean in game art. I showed ART and compared it to GI ART which is absolutely homogeneous and non offensive to anyone.
kquwdicyk0w21.png

I get what you're saying, but I think they're different styles and still both have their appeals. It's not like all of the GFL designs are 10/10 either.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
kquwdicyk0w21.png

I get what you're saying, but I think they're different styles and still both have their appeals. It's not like all of the GFL designs are 10/10 either.
You meant that GFL art is not represents actual gameplay models? Yeah, totally.

But I was comparing only Art direction and nothing more.

GFL2 uses 3d models same way as GI

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
What is an underage tits? @SLoWMoTIoN explain to me. I'm a kid, idk such things.

YYskonz.jpg

I guess FDG (?) since she is a proto/paper ship? Age wise she's a year or two since production. Most PR ships are basically newborn killing machines but then again they are ships-girls.

"Underage anime tiddies" isn't my exact definition of traditional/mytological chinese reference...
Plenty of people on this thread have already said we need more adult women (and better designs in general) but that's just a (semi) retarded statement seeing how 3 of those are old as dirt/fully adults.

Genshin will NEVER have a Balti/Glou/Littorio because of the set body types in Genshin sadly. If that's what you meant by underage anime tiddy?
V7xCWie.jpg
QvdlI7b.jpg
PeIiHhz.jpg

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Can you make characters in this game that aren’t loli? I have heard good thing about this game, but the art turns me off.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Can you make characters in this game that aren’t loli? I have heard good thing about this game, but the art turns me off.
You can't create a character no. Ning, Jean and Pirate are the only adult women you can obtain that aren't Lisa. (that one's free)

Ugh, I pulled a 5-star spear but there aren't any good spear users in my roster (just Xiangling)... guess I'll be pulling for Zhongli after all.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
How are you all doin' still living up the gacha dream? Do you see yourself playing this for the next months or years?

Pejo

Ugh, I pulled a 5-star spear but there aren't any good spear users in my roster (just Xiangling)... guess I'll be pulling for Zhongli after all.
There's also Xiao whenever we get him, and Inazuma (not-Japan) already has 2 spear characters. Nothing wrong with just holding on to it for now.

How are you all doin' still living up the gacha dream? Do you see yourself playing this for the next months or years?
Yep, there's ups and downs, but I'm still having a ton of fun with the game. It definitely switched from an exploration fest to a grind fest, but I still like the combat and story enough to continue on. Plus a few irl friends are playing now, so it's a lot of fun in co-op.

I'll keep playing it when new story chapters are released but I never stay hardcore in a game for months or years on end. Mihoyo games in particular are well known for being exhausting, I quit Honkai because I got tired of it trying to take over my life and I'll go very casual in this game at some point too because quite frankly I have other shit I want to do such as play other games.

Last edited:
Got Childe on wish #82. So rolling with him and Diluc. Now just need to get Keqing...

Also got Ningguangs C1 that I wanted so happy with my banner pulls so far.

Last edited:

crumbs

I'm glad the devs are adding new content, but I've been encountering more bugs recently. I had a host of audio problems (voices cutting out, music stopping and then randomly starting minutes later) during the cut scenes leading up to the meteorite strike zone quests.

I've also had issues with the new bounty system. Last week, I cleared a bounty, but it didn't show as completed and no rewards were given. Yesterday, I was doing a bounty against an "Eye of the Storm", but it glitched out frozen and with no health bar. I canceled the bounty and retried. This time, it froze again, but it had a health bar and I was able to defeat it.

I submitted these issues as feedback. I had very few issues up until this point, so hopefully this isn't a trend, especially since some of this content is timed, so you can't wait for them to fix stuff.

Silvawuff

I'm enjoying it. I haven't spent a dime on it. There're lots of characters I have pulled that I want to level and beef up, but no resources to do so, so there's really no incentive to pull more. It's a pretty game. It's a game best played in spurts. You can always log in, make some progress somewhere and go do something else. You don't have to play this game like a second job, which is where the frustration/burnout sets in. It's already way better than it was at launch. FTR I'm still playing Neopets 21 years later and still play Animal Crossing NH for a little bit every day, so that's where I am at with the long haul.

Pejo

So when the Dec reset happens, I'm hoping we get a Noelle in the shop. I've had her at C5 for so long, and since I use her on my main team now, it'd be nice to get that bonus burst damage. It'll probably be Kaeya + one of the ones we haven't gotten free or in the shop yet. Wonder if they'd consider dropping 5*s in there eventually.

Fuz

Banned
Shall I use the constellation items on the Traveller or is it better to save them for another character along the road?

Pejo

Shall I use the constellation items on the Traveller or is it better to save them for another character along the road?
The ones you get via rank ups and quests and shops can only be used on Traveler. The rest all come from dupes from the gacha/shop.

Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Jean was my first 5 star character, and therefore I've spent a lot of time looking at dat ass
I still can't help but feel that Jean would be better if her elemental skill caused swirls while you held it down. I wouldn't even mind if it was a constellation skill, it just feels like that's how it should work.

Jean was my first 5 star character, and therefore I've spent a lot of time looking at dat ass
I like to run around the open world with Mona.... For reasons.

I still can't help but feel that Jean would be better if her elemental skill caused swirls while you held it down. I wouldn't even mind if it was a constellation skill, it just feels like that's how it should work.
The fact you can use Jean to directionally yeet using her E skill makes her very broken for any situation where you can kill enemies by throwing them off cliffs or into water to drown. She doesn't need anything else.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
found out today those primo codes are limited. so claim asap when you see them.

I found out too late. The game said "limit number of players to redeem the code reached".

This is some mess up crap if you ask me. I mean, how many players play this game to this be even a thing?

I found out too late. The game said "limit number of players to redeem the code reached".

This is some mess up crap if you ask me. I mean, how many players play this game to this be even a thing?
The game is over 20 million downloads...so a lot? The codes having a limit is normal though, no such thing as an unlimited free shit code.

Top Bottom