• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

The wiki does a decent job of getting you started.

*edit* - Just got my free Fischl. Thank goodness. That was a lot of stuff for a free 4*, but I still appreciate that they gave it out. Now I need to balance clearing out the talent book shop with the other usual weekly stuff on the battle pass. Just a week and some change until big dong Zhong. You guys rolling for him?

When the event started, I was mostly excited about getting a constellation for Fischl. After playing I realized the major benefit of the event was all the EXP books, mora, and talent level up materials. I found the event to be a bit tedious for just Fischl, but the other stuff made it worthwhile.

I am looking for forward to the next character banner, but more for the increased chances for constellations for Chongyun and Razor, both of whom I use frequently. I wouldn't be mad at pulling Zhong, but if I added a new character, I would prefer anemo one.

Fake

This is pretty much agree with my argument. There is a huge process of playing while using Geo reaction and offensive speaking is very poor. People tend to let the elemental reaction over damage rather than using defensive shields.

For example, water with shock is kinda very fast bonus damage without too much thinking. Thats why Geo is so impopular.

IMO Geo could get more elemental reactions, like Geo with water creating mud or Geo with fire creating rocks.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
The wiki does a decent job of getting you started.

I think it's missing lots of them, also not ordered by AR, which is what I would need right now.
Just a week and some change until big dong Zhong. You guys rolling for him?
No, he's cool and I'd like to have him, but I'm putting all my resources in the permanent banner because it *doesn't* have event characters, so the Diluc chance is higher.
This is pretty much agree with my argument. There is a huge process of playing while using Geo reaction and offensive speaking is very poor. People tend to let the elemental reaction over damage rather than using defensive shields.

For example, water with shock is kinda very fast bonus damage without too much thinking. Thats why Geo is so impopular.

IMO Geo could get more elemental reactions, like Geo with water creating mud or Geo with fire creating rocks.
Problem with geo is that most fights are time-related so you can't really tank but need raw dps. Kind of annoying.

Last edited:

Fake

Problem with geo is that most fights are time-related so you can't really tank but need raw dps. Kind of annoying.

Thats my point. The role porpuse of this game is actually defeat monsters more fast and Geo actually do a terrible job on this. Late game people tend to farm on material dungeons, but there require time, so Geo become useless.

Either remove the time counter of put a decent buff over Geo.

Saber

Gold Member

Aside from spamming elemental shield from pure elemental enemies, theres not much to it. Most of characters relies on a mix of damage and elemental reactions. But geo? You can only rely on defensive shields, not to mention they're worthless on most of non-elemental enemies.
My Noelle is good at tanking and dealing raw attack damage, but theres not much to do with her besides that stupid weapon material challenge that abuses element on the current character.

Pejo

I think it's missing lots of them, also not ordered by AR, which is what I would need right now.

No, he's cool and I'd like to have him, but I'm putting all my resources in the permanent banner because it *doesn't* have event characters, so the Diluc chance is higher.

Not sure that statement in bold is quite correct. Permanent banner doesn't have limited characters, but it does have 5* weapons, which limited banner will not have (I think). I haven't gotten a 5* weapon from the limited banner, but I did get one from the normal banner. That's an awfully small sample size though, so I could be wrong.

Fuz

Banned
Not sure that statement in bold is quite correct. Permanent banner doesn't have limited characters, but it does have 5* weapons, which limited banner will not have (I think). I haven't gotten a 5* weapon from the limited banner, but I did get one from the normal banner. That's an awfully small sample size though, so I could be wrong.
Shit, you're right.
But still, 50% chance for it to be Tartaglia...
I need some math geek to think for me.

anothertech

Or... Just spam keqing and diluc and everything dies first :)

I think you're right. Once you hit pity on the promo banner, you have a 50% chance of getting the banner character, and a 50% chance of getting a different 5 star character. Once you hit pity on the standard banner, you could easily just end up with a five star weapon.

I need some math geek to think for me.

Just count the number of five star weapons vs five star characters on the standard banner. If there are more weapons than characters, you have a better chance of a weapon. Your best bet is to do what I'm doing, which is keep your gems until there's a promo banner character that you do want. The promo banner characters aren't added to the promo banner once their time is done, which means you can avoid them if you just wait.

Saber

Gold Member
Those level 80 mages from the artifact challenge are mess up. The fire one can periodically summon 3 guided fire balls that deals a lot of damage and the ice mage leaves a frost aura for every crystal he throws. Also, his elemental reaction aways makes your character affected by cryo.

Not sure if its rewarding at all. One more dungeon to completelly ignore.

So I have Childe to lv 70 now, level 70 weapon, level 20 artifacts (Including a +46% hydro damage goblet), and he absolutely wrecks everything I've come across other than water abyss mage shields and water slimes. Paired with Beidou's elemental burst, he absolutely melts things like robots and stone hilichurls. I haven't had this much fun in the game since the first day. I still don't even have him or his talents maxed out, can't wait to see how crazy it gets.
You just sold me on Childe. Gonna definitely try even harder to obtain him! I felt so burned trying to get Diluc, but got klee instead and felt a little disappointed at first. She's a beast, but I think I'd prefer Diluc. Oh well, on to Childe!

Pejo

You just sold me on Childe. Gonna definitely try even harder to obtain him! I felt so burned trying to get Diluc, but got klee instead and felt a little disappointed at first. She's a beast, but I think I'd prefer Diluc. Oh well, on to Childe!
I'm not the least bit disappointed yet. I'm getting on average 1.5 (normal hit)-4k (per crit) every hit when in his melee mode, and those hits go fast. I took down the xp leyline ruin sentinel today before Beidou's burst even wore off. Ideally you want to pair him with somebody with a sustained burst like Beidou/Xiangling/Kaeya so you get constant reactions the whole time you're attacking. Next month when we get the Hydro damage artifact set, he's gonna get even more crazy. I only have a single piece right now with hydro bonus, and I still don't even have him max level or talents. I know people don't like his excessively long cooldown on his melee mode, but I think he's really underrated right now.

Fuz

Banned
I think you're right. Once you hit pity on the promo banner, you have a 50% chance of getting the banner character, and a 50% chance of getting a different 5 star character. Once you hit pity on the standard banner, you could easily just end up with a five star weapon.

Just count the number of five star weapons vs five star characters on the standard banner. If there are more weapons than characters, you have a better chance of a weapon. Your best bet is to do what I'm doing, which is keep your gems until there's a promo banner character that you do want. The promo banner characters aren't added to the promo banner once their time is done, which means you can avoid them if you just wait.
You kinda missed the part where I want only Diluc.
tongue.gif

Mithos

Game world level is killing this game for me, my characters and weapons/jewelry are to low (and no mats to upgrade avail).
The "Free" Fishl questline the ending part where you need 7 wins... not going to be able to complete it within the 4 days that left.
Spent all day yesterday + an hour today and I got my first win...

Edit:
AR42 (almost 43) world level 5.
Characters 50-60, with 60 weapons and one 80 weapon and one 70 character.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Game world level is killing this game for me, my characters and weapons/jewelry are to low (and no mats to upgrade avail).
The "Free" Fishl questline the ending part where you need 7 wins... not going to be able to complete it within the 4 days that left.

Edit:

Can't you play coop? Players are normally overleved during the event, so it get easier to complete them.

Last edited:

Pejo

Edit:
As Saber Saber mentioned, just go in and do it in co-op. If you're worried about not contributing, just take your healer character and keep everyone topped off and be the designated meteor charger while the others fight. It should be easy to get enough co-op wins to complete the Fischl part. If you need help, I can join too, but it will just fill the other spots with randoms.

crumbs

I accidentally played a round of co-op on the meteor challenge and it was uhhh "interesting". There were 3 of us, all using Klee. I also had Chongyun (I probably would have used a different duo had I known I was playing co-op) and one of the others was switching to Noelle. The third person was running around like a spaz and didn't seem to know the mechanics of charging the meteor and never switched characters. Needless to say, we did not complete the challenge in time; it took too long for me and Klee/Noelle to realize that the 3rd person was not contributing.

All that said, the challenge played out much differently in co-op and if everyone is on the same page, it would be fun.

Saber

Gold Member
I accidentally played a round of co-op on the meteor challenge and it was uhhh "interesting". There were 3 of us, all using Klee. I also had Chongyun (I probably would have used a different duo had I known I was playing co-op) and one of the others was switching to Noelle. The third person was running around like a spaz and didn't seem to know the mechanics of charging the meteor and never switched characters. Needless to say, we did not complete the challenge in time; it took too long for me and Klee/Noelle to realize that the 3rd person was not contributing.

All that said, the challenge played out much differently in co-op and if everyone is on the same page, it would be fun.

Klee and Dulic are very common on those events(I mean...they are very strong).
One good element to use is water. Every member takes alot of advantage with water characters since most of their elemental reactions deals tons of damage.

The main character I use on the event is Kaeya though, since he is my main damage dealer. Cryo characters aren't much popular I think. One team even kick me out of their party when the progress was almost at the top.

Pejo

That's really weird, i've done quite a few co-op sessions now and everyone pretty much knew what to do and worked together, haven't had a truly bad experience with it yet. Anytime you get a Venti in the group, you know it's going to be ezmode. I think that he's easily the best and most versatile character in multiplayer, provided you've got good elements to swirl.

Saber

Gold Member
Is there any way to see how many pulls you did on a particular banner?

I dunno if you can actually see this, but in the banner page theres a "history" button, which shows you what have you being picking(weapons or characters) on your last tries.

Reactions: Fuz

Edit:

i think you need to lvl up your characters first. the lvl plays a huge part in dmg calculation. lvl them up. and you will have a good time. make your characters lvl 80. farm farm farm.

deanote666

Edit:
Grind them elite bosses, pick them flowers, mine those ores, bro. Character ascension materials have been my focus.

Water boss can go die in a fire.

AR43, waiting for AR45 before farming artifact domains.

Co op meteor goes quick. There's auto revive so no worries.

Got my 5th copy of Fischl from the event. 20% heal is nice.

Pejo

Oh right, thanks.
It doesn't look like it, but you can actually hit the arrows at the bottom of the wish page and see literally all of your pulls since you started the game. I've used it to keep track of where I was in relation to pity so I can start using singles instead of 10x wishes.

Anyways, all done with the event after tonight, cleared both shops minus a handful of the Mystic Ore that I don't want to waste another 40 Resin to get. I liked the little finale quest today for the story. Neat little ending but the middle quests for the past few days were very MMO-tier (go here fetch this kill those). Still, I'm surprised and happy that the event story actually added to the world lore in a significant way and even progressed the main story a bit. Cool for now, but kinda shitty for those that start the game later or miss the event, because they're not going to know any of it happened. I wonder if they have plans to add in a cutscene viewer or something eventually.

I got 8 characters to level 70 during this event, wish there were more xp books in the shop, but I'm still happy with the Mora we got from part 2 of the event. I need to unbind them to 80 now and then next week I'm guessing I'm going to be knee deep in xp book leylines all week. I finally feel like I have at least 2 full good teams that take care of enemies really quickly in WL5. I'll probably head back into the abyss one of these days and see how far I can get now. I think I stopped at floor 8 last time for that battle pass quest.

Fuz

Banned
So you're upset you got the best healer right now?
I wanted Diluc. Only character I like.
This one is a pity pull.
I would have been mildly happy even with Jean or kequing. Instead I've got this little shit. It's like a gold meteor turned into a cool steel.

Last edited:

Pejo

I wanted Diluc. Only character I like.
This one is a pity pull.
I would have been mildly happy even with Jean or kequing. Instead I've got this little shit. It's like a gold meteor turned into a cool steel.
As someone that got Qiqi as one of my 5*s on my reroll that I kept, I can sympathize. She is bar none the best healer, but that's literally all that she does. At least Jean has several gimmicks along with her heals, in that she can yeet small enemies, float other enemies with her charge attack, and cure the party of any element (burning, ice, etc). Qiqi is only brought in when you're low HP, does weak ass attacks, applies her talisman, and nothing else until you swap her out. At least she makes it possible to beat purple hammer fatui guys by taking their shields down. I'm not saying she needs a total rework, but it'd be nice if her charge attack did something special at least instead of the defacto sword double hit. She can't even ice bridge as well as Kaeya.

Just ascended Childe tonight to 80, but have no xp books to level him. My attack stat is just under 2k, with a 46% hydro bonus on my chalice. Far from optimal but he really gets the job done now as is. I have a feeling it's gonna be slow going until the next area is opened. I picture at least a few dead weeks now, despite the Zhongli banner coming up in a few days. Also, Albedo has been semi-confirmed as a 5* character, so the chances we get him for free like I thought have diminished. Surprising that they're going for back to back to back male character banners though. A lot of the leaks for the next patch show that Albedo is heavily involved and even gives party buffs with a 4* event weapon that's introduced, which is why I thought he'd be our next freebie. Hope this is all wrong and we get Ganyu or Ayaka after Zhongli, but it doesn't line up, time-wise.

• Empathy

Moochi

I pulled Qiqi literally a day after filling out a survey where I emphatically stated how much I despise Diona. I think someone pulled some strings. Why MiHoYo

Pejo

It seems some people like her.

No offense to your post, but fuck this guy. I'm not particularly fond of youtubers in general, but this guy is the worst of the worst, particularly with Genshin.

As for Diona, she's an ok Passive healer and ice character. Really benefits from C6 for either role though, kinda shitty beforehand.

Moochi

I wouldn't care if she was the only 6 star in the game. I'm not putting lolita characters on my team. Her mechanics aren't a factor.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
I wouldn't care if she was the only 6 star in the game. I'm not putting lolita characters on my team. Her mechanics aren't a factor.

She's a bartender at a tavern, so I'm pretty sure she's just short because she's part cat. Mechanics are the only factor to me, unless I dislike a character's design, or don't really care for the work their voice actor did. To each their own, of course. I'm not really a big fan of her either, though.

Fuz

Banned
Same. I'm salty as fuck. The ONE character I absolutely didn't want. Got all anemoculus and geoculus and thinking about rerolling like some mental patient.
Why the fuck I still get so worked up about games.

Pejo

Thought this was cool. It's got the general layout of the planned (so far) game world. This game is going to be huge. Inazuma (not-Japan) is an island down to the southeast corner and likely where we're headed next after the mountain area releases next month.

a4rCAhi.jpg

Fuz

Banned
Thought this was cool. It's got the general layout of the planned (so far) game world. This game is going to be huge. Inazuma (not-Japan) is an island down to the southeast corner and likely where we're headed next after the mountain area releases next month.

a4rCAhi.jpg
This game could have been so fucking awesome if it wasn't dragged down by gacha mechanics and all its consequences.

Anyway, weren't we supposed to get to the snow zone next? It's quite far on the map

Jedge

No offense to your post, but fuck this guy. I'm not particularly fond of youtubers in general, but this guy is the worst of the worst, particularly with Genshin.
Also just wanted to say the same. Fuck this guy, his clickbait videos, and indecisiveness.

Pejo

This game could have been so fucking awesome if it wasn't dragged down by gacha mechanics and all its consequences.

Anyway, weren't we supposed to get to the snow zone next? It's quite far on the map
The snow area we're getting is between Mondstat and Liyue, in the right side. It's just one mountain area, not a whole new zone.

buizel

Banned
Same. I'm salty as fuck. The ONE character I absolutely didn't want. Got all anemoculus and geoculus and thinking about rerolling like some mental patient.
Why the fuck I still get so worked up about games.

yeh idk man

everytime i boot this up and play for a while it amazes me cause i think of the the original zelda and how it was like £40. then this game is free, and crazy filled with content comparable to AAA like BoTW; pretty cool. I dont spend a dime on the microtransactions and really havent felt the need to yet?

Top Bottom