• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Moochi

Ok, thanks for letting us know. Now tell us why it's a problem for you to control a kid in a videogame?

Its more that Diona and her animations in particular are sexualized. I don't feel like it's a problem with Klee. She's just cute. But Diona is always stretching lithely and the way she says things. Yeah, she's "part cat", but I feel like that's just the smokescreen required to get people not to call out the sexually-suggestive sounds and animations.

Sooo I got to AR 30 and what the hell am I supposed to be doing now? I'm suddenly underleveled/underpowered for everything. Can't farm Storm Terror, too hard. Can't do the last quest I tried (The Chi of Guyun), too hard. What the hell is up with the balancing in this game? It's pretty easy until hitting that mark and now I can't solo the meteorite event things (lowest levels went from 25, now to 35 minimum) to get more fading stars might...So again...what the hell am I supposed to be doing now? Where did I fuck up?

I'm running DIluc + Barbara + Chongyun + I can use either Razor, Xinglang, or Fischl. Diluc, Razor, and Chongyun are level 40. On Diluc I have the Aminus Prototype at level 20, and my artifacts are set up well enough...

Last edited:

Jedge

Sooo I got to AR 30 and what the hell am I supposed to be doing now? I'm suddenly underleveled/underpowered for everything. Can't farm Storm Terror, too hard. Can't do the last quest I tried (The Chi of Guyun), too hard. What the hell is up with the balancing in this game? It's pretty easy until hitting that mark and now I can't solo the meteorite event things (lowest levels went from 25, now to 35 minimum) to get more fading stars might...So again...what the hell am I supposed to be doing now? Where did I fuck up?

I'm running DIluc + Barbara + Chongyun + I can use either Razor, Xinglang, or Fischl. Diluc, Razor, and Chongyun are level 40. On Diluc I have the Aminus Prototype at level 20, and my artifacts are set up well enough...

I would switch up your team comp for now to Diluc, Xianglang, Fischl, and Barbara. Fishl is a SS+ tier support (Oz) Not sure which bows you have but use something for now with high attack. if you find overloaded is annoying try, chongyun + diluc for melt. Xianglang is there just for the 25% increased attack. Barbara for heals.

The biggest mistake I see players make is spending a ton of resources into support characters. For example. I'm AR47, main DPS is Keqing at lvl 80. my supports are sitting at 60still (just for the final talent).
You should only focus on mainly 2 dps MAX. In your current situation i'd say only focus on 1 if you can't clear the current content.

My recommendation to you: Diluc is arguably the best character in the game. Poor all of your resources into him. Make sure Diluc has his weapon to the current max (60), his level (60), and his talents (level 4?) Farm your crystal ore (every 2-3days) if you need more crystals for weapon exp.

Don't forget Co-op exists within this game if you're having issues doing the fishcl crystal event. No shame in getting help until you get stronger. Once diluc's level increases with his weapon you should notice the game will be easier given how it calculates damage. I had trouble initially with storm terror however I would worry more about gearing your carry for now.

Edit for Artifacts: Please do not farm artifact domains until AR 45 (if you plan on playing longterm / semi hardcore). Use a mix of what you have currently and prioritize the feather (attack) and hourglass (attack) until you decide to go optimizing (pyro cup etc.). Don't worry about crit/critdmg until past this point. The true endgame of Genshin is min/maxing your artifact sets for the best ratio of 1:2 crit chance/crit damage. You can also do a daily artifact route (youtuber: taka gg) if you have most of the map explored for artifact fodder.

You should always prioritize ascension materials, talents, experience, money(if needed) so you have everything prepped for the next AR level. The good news is, at AR35 you need to do the ascension quest to ascend the world level. So you can sit on level 3 if needed. I don't recommend delaying the world level rank up but if you need to you can until you have everything sorted out

Last edited:
I've definitely noticed even the English voice actors aren't all on the same page with these pronunciations.

Just use the Chinese voices, the pronunciation is always correct there. Or use the Japanese voices, then you won’t understand anything anyways and the problem solves itself.

I mean if you have Batman and you‘re struggling then you are definitely doing something wrong. First thing you should do in the early/mid-game is max level Easy Fire Sword Red Man until it says you can’t level him anymore until next Adventure Rank tier. Second thing you should do is put a big fucking sword on him and level it up to around level 40-50 at your level. Assuming you’re not rolling gacha for weapons, the Prototype Animus is just fine on him, it has innate ATK boost which means big sword smashes bigger. Third thing you should do is press E and then press left mouse button until everything is dead. If everything is not dead, also press Q. Repeat until the condition of everything being dead is achieved.

In terms of building a party for the Dark Knight, Barbara is a good healer and she can proc Vaporize for him because of Hydro/Pyro. If your goal is to maximize your Pyro damage, and that should be your goal since Batman is your carry, then Xiangling should be your DPS support for the Pyro resonance and also the fact that she can pop out, throw out Guoba or her fire wheel, and then go away again. In the game’s terminology, she’s a “deployable” because her stuff stays out even after she is switched out. Your fourth member is up to you, Fischl is good to use because again she’s a ”deployable”, you can pop her out, throw Oz out, and then make her go away again. Chongyun is Cryo and therefore can generate the necessary Cryo/Pyro status for Melt, or you can enjoy Electro/Pyro for Overload with Fischl. For the last slot, both Fischl and Chongyun are fine, it’s up to you.

Your Razor can warm the bench until you need a second team for Abyss, he’ll be your carry for your second team.

Last edited:
Ok I figured out I can level up my Aminus Prototype to 40 right now (looked it up and I had to buy something from the Liyue merchant to ascend the weapon) so I imagine that should help taking it from level 21 to 40. Also put in Xiangling and took out Razor for the 2 pyro character bonus attack.

Thanks for the help!

Fuz

Banned
yeh idk man

everytime i boot this up and play for a while it amazes me cause i think of the the original zelda and how it was like £40. then this game is free, and crazy filled with content comparable to AAA like BoTW; pretty cool. I dont spend a dime on the microtransactions and really havent felt the need to yet?
I'm not talking just about the gacha in itself. I'm also talking about the resin system, the farm to upgrade characters and weapons, the quests locked behind the AR and so on.
What AR are you?

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm not talking just about the gacha in itself. I'm also talking about the resin system, the farm to upgrade characters and weapons, the quests locked behind the AR and so on.
What AR are you?

You described basically all F2P games with gacha mechanics. Just watch a South park episode about F2P mobile games.

And for the love of God, learn the difference between child characters and lolis lol

deanote666

I'm constantly running the elite bosses and collecting all the ascension materials as soon as they spawn. Run co-op on the domains that have the weapon ascension materials.

Definitely should have a higher level weapon.

Don't forget to bump up talents every once in awhile.

I've been focusing on the character level and weapons first. Been using artifacts dropped by the bosses I'm grinding. Waiting for AR45 to really start grinding artifacts.

Focus on Attack %, crit rate %, crit dmg artifacts.

If you can't do Stormterror, you can choose a lower level to run. Less rewards are better than none.

Ruin Hunters suck at all world levels.

Got to AR 47 with 10k unspent gems, with Mona, QiQi and Venti. The game gets so boring and a chore that I just gave up. There is absolutely nothing fun to do in that game after you are done with the world. Absolutely zero endgame has been thought.

Got to AR 47 with 10k unspent gems, with Mona, QiQi and Venti. The game gets so boring and a chore that I just gave up. There is absolutely nothing fun to do in that game after you are done with the world. Absolutely zero endgame has been thought.
Maybe that's because it's literally an ongoing game where new content is released at regular intervals?

The game has only 2 of 7 planned regions released so far...

buizel

Banned
You described basically all F2P games with gacha mechanics. Just watch a South park episode about F2P mobile games.

And for the love of God, learn the difference between child characters and lolis lol

It makes me sick how much I see people here and on YouTube/resetera equate small girl characters with 'lolis'.

It's as if these people can't look at a little girl and not see something potentially sexual. I pray to God these people don't have children... I wouldn't let neogaf near my kids.

BlackM1st

Banned
It makes me sick how much I see people here and on YouTube/resetera equate small girl characters with 'lolis'.

It's as if these people can't look at a little girl and not see something potentially sexual. I pray to God these people don't have children... I wouldn't let neogaf near my kids.
Hah, yeah, that's pretty fucked up logic xD

Pejo

Ugghhh...Shop refresh for CN servers, this month is Barbara and Kaeya as the purchase-able 4*s Well that's a big fat skip. I was really hoping I could C6 my Noelle.

Saber

Gold Member
Ugghhh...Shop refresh for CN servers, this month is Barbara and Kaeya as the purchase-able 4*s Well that's a big fat skip. I was really hoping I could C6 my Noelle.

Well, at least both of them are from my team. So thats a win I guess.

Fake

So it looks like the rumors are true that one of his constellations makes 2 monoliths (or lets you cast it twice). Here's hoping he's good.

Well, geo chars are normally crap due to the geo element, but looks like he can petrify enemies lol

World Level 6 isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was also holding off on the upgrade but I was having awful luck with the weekly boss drops, and I read that WL6 adds the chance to receive two drops instead of one. So I took the plunge and sure enough, I finally got one of the boss materials I need to upgrade some talents. Also getting a lot more materials from world enemies.

That said, my party is pretty well kitted right now (all 80's and my main dps Diluc has all lvl 20 artifacts) so that's probably why it hasn't been the difficulty spoke I was dreading and expecting.

Jedge

Initial reviews of Zhongli aren't super great. I would wait a week or so before rolling for him. Watch some videos, check out some spreadsheets and see if he's worth
Or just roll for him if you enjoy his kit/don't care about the meta

Moochi

Zhongli's teleport is very fun, as is his giant friggin' meteor. His basic attacks look cool, but the animations probably aren't ideal for dps.

BlackM1st

Banned
So...um... is the new 5☆ character (Sorry GI fans, I'm not bothering with the Chinese folklore names) supposed to be a Godly being or something like that?

After running AND failing his trial I feel somewhat underwhelmed tbh. I wasn't impressed by the last one, but this new one... I'm just disappointed. Easy skip for me.

Razor felt better. Simple, yet effective fighter.

BlackM1st

Banned
Well, got shafted as expected, mona instead of zhongli for my pity.
No way man, Mona is bae, and she can sprint through the water. This (and her ass) makes her a staple character for running around open world.

My poor dwarf Klee can't see shit through the tall grass xD (put a joke about "short people living less because of all the farts they smell" here)

Pejo

Man, regional banner times being different sucks balls. The new banners should all drop simultaneously like most other gachas. I have enough for one 10 pull and a few misc pulls afterwards. Also might drop some masterless glitter on an extra pull or two. My chances are slim, but there's a chance. Wonder if big dong Zhong trivializes (further) the earth hypostasis. If his resonance works on the pillars, my guess would be "yes".

It's a shame he's not a DPS monster, thematically. Lore wise he's one of only two archons that are still alive from the original war (other being Venti lol), and supposedly he's essentially the "god of war" of the seven without any human emotion or compassion. I think he'll end up being better than initial impressions after some time to build/use him. People still think Childe isn't a top damage character too.

Hit rank 6 Mondstat fame yesterday, portable waypoint is pretty cool. They're only usable once and expire in 7 days, but still handy. The crafting recipe for them isn't too bad. I put mine at the top of the mountain by Stone Gate because it's an Unusual Hilichurl spawn and takes for fucking ever to climb to it. People that join your world can use it, but if you join somebody else, it's not there. The Anemo treasure compass is a one-time craft (that uses 50 goddamn Philanemo Mushrooms, the most pain in the ass thing to farm), that points a wavey line similar to bounty clue lines towards a chest if there's an unopened one within the minimap window from where you use it. Like a 5 second cooldown if it doesn't find one and a 25 or so second cooldown if it does find one. Hopefully this helps me 100% explore Mondstat finally, but I wish the detection radius was bigger. I also wish they'd open up the other tool slots, because the treasure compass takes the place of the food pouch when you equip it.

I did all of the achievements in Challenger II, and finally got my 20th Unusual Hilichurl kill yesterday and......it unlocked a new quest to kill him 50 total times. God dammit. The key to the achievement for beating the water boss without eating a bomb was to use Venti to hover up above them before they explode. I did this in multiplayer and it was ezpz. I kept getting hit using any other method, like depending on iframes, jumping in the water, using shields, etc.

I'm making some good progress with team building too, almost done getting the characters I play all to 70, then it'll be another round of ascending. It's so demoralizing to see an entire day's worth of resin go into xp leylines and only getting 5-6 levels for a character. I need another event, but this time with tons of xp books. My Mora's holding out well still thanks to the recent event shop.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
No way man, Mona is bae, and she can sprint through the water. This (and her ass) makes her a staple character for running around open world.

I don't care about some character that's on every banner taking the spot of the limited character I saved the pity for and even skipped beidou and ningguang for.
I'd throw her in the trash if I could.

BlackM1st

Banned
I don't care about some character that's on every banner taking the spot of the limited character I saved the pity for and even skipped beidou and ningguang for.
I'd throw her in the trash if I could.
You will make a mistake, but eh... Enjoy the game the way you want!

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
A mistake? I play games to have fun, not to look at spreadsheets like some dpswarrior.
I'd like to use beidou, ningguang and zhongli, and don't give a single fuck about mona, but fuck me right?

BlackM1st

Banned
A mistake? I play games to have fun, not to look at spreadsheets like some dpswarrior.
I'd like to use beidou, ningguang and zhongli, and don't give a single fuck about mona, but fuck me right?
Erm... no, not gonna fuck you. I'm just saying that throwing away a 5☆ char that makes traveling open world easier is a mistake. But please, DO play whatever way you like. Idc, really >:)

crumbs

Haven't pulled yet on the new banner. I've been saving up, hoping to get some Chongyun and/or Razor dups for their constellations, but I know I'll up with the rockstar character or a bunch of 4 star polearms that will sit unused :messenger_unamused:

I would prefer Mona over Zhongli, but I wouldn't look a 5 star gift horse in the mouth at this point.

BlackM1st

Banned
Haven't pulled yet on the new banner. I've been saving up, hoping to get some Chongyun and/or Razor dups for their constellations, but I know I'll up with the rockstar character or a bunch of 4 star polearms that will sit unused :messenger_unamused:

I would prefer Mona over Zhongli, but I wouldn't look a 5 star gift horse in the mouth at this point.
Hah, true. Razor is a beast and Mona... Yeah, my party could use her assets.

Nonpunsintended

Still, I'm not rolling any banners. The wait continues...

crumbs

Still, I'm not rolling any banners. The wait continues...

Out of curiosity, who/what are waiting to roll for? Or are you just waiting for more interesting characters in future banners? Xiao looks interesting (apparently he was in one of the betas), but I'm not sure I want to wait until he shows up in a banner.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't play most of the event outside 2 days cause of work. Still got a free fish. When is the next actual story coming? January? I hate the new harbinger. He is somehow even lamer than Childe. He is just some shitty napoleon syndrome cuck at best.

ALSO

Nngnahaunghsha is just called Gyoko or something in JPN. Fuck trying to say all these Chinese names.

GTac6Wd.png

Outside her and the shitty cat I kept getting people that weren't in the banner.

Pejo

Out of curiosity, who/what are waiting to roll for? Or are you just waiting for more interesting characters in future banners? Xiao looks interesting (apparently he was in one of the betas), but I'm not sure I want to wait until he shows up in a banner.
Xiao was interesting because at the time in the beta, he was the only one with a plunging attack, and the way his kit worked, I guess it made him extremely high DPS. Wonder what they'll do with him now? Probably why he hasn't released yet if they're really reworking him. I'm going to splurge on Ganyu banner, despite all signs looking like she's just ice Amber. Why couldn't she have been a Catalyst, MHY!?

BlackM1st

Banned
I have a high hopes for the Fatui leader AND I wanna see a Berserk like armored character. I liked electric girl with a parry talent, but she's only a 4 star and as a casual F2P player I can't afford rolling for the 4☆ chars ;(

crumbs

I would guess that fists/gun/scythe are all in the cards eventually.

At first, I was like "Guns?", but then I remembered that the pyro Fatui guys use something that looks like a rifle. Would be cool, especially if they give you a longer rage attack option.

Melee would also be interesting and they can take some "inspiration" from Nier: Automata on that front.

Some of the new characters seem like budget version of 5 stars. Xinyan for the people who didn't pull Diluc, maybe Diona as an option for people who don't eventually summon Ganyu. I guess that's fine, but it's also not very interesting.

I'm not feeling the archer class either, an ice catalyst would be much more interesting, especially since we just had an ice archer on the banner.

Curious to see how dendro characters play. The devs are already having trouble fitting geo into the mix, so I'm not super hopeful for dendro.

Pejo

At first, I was like "Guns?", but then I remembered that the pyro Fatui guys use something that looks like a rifle. Would be cool, especially if they give you a longer rage attack option.

Melee would also be interesting and they can take some "inspiration" from Nier: Automata on that front.

Some of the new characters seem like budget version of 5 stars. Xinyan for the people who didn't pull Diluc, maybe Diona as an option for people who don't eventually summon Ganyu. I guess that's fine, but it's also not very interesting.

I'm not feeling the archer class either, an ice catalyst would be much more interesting, especially since we just had an ice archer on the banner.

Curious to see how dendro characters play. The devs are already having trouble fitting geo into the mix, so I'm not super hopeful for dendro.
If Dendro Samichurls are anything to go by, Dendro will be a heal and a debuff to cause extra fire damage, unless they change something. I'td be weird to have 5 out 6 elements not react with it in any way, hope they rework at least that much. Also, we don't need another class that makes more structures (like vines and wooden shields and shit) which are the only current other uses for it.

Just summoned on the new banner with my saved up 1200 gems, and I got the new rocker chick and Zhongli. I wasn't expecting a five star this soon (45 wishes this season, and some of those were probably free standard wishes too). I guess I can't complain too much about an early five star, but I just don't care for him. Honestly I would've rather held onto my pity for a future banner.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Just summoned on the new banner with my saved up 1200 gems, and I got the new rocker chick and Zhongli. I wasn't expecting a five star this soon (45 wishes this season, and some of those were probably free standard wishes too). I guess I can't complain too much about an early five star, but I just don't care for him. Honestly I would've rather held onto my pity for a future banner.
Then y u roll

Saber

Gold Member
ALSO! We need a punching/kicking class. Hell we need a gun class. We've already got 20+characters that overlap in how they play.

I think they could work on specific characters using guns visually/artistically while still equiping Bows as weapons. Would still be cool if they create an entire class of wepons entirelly though.

Now, punching and kicking would be a great way to intruduce "knuckles" as a type of weapon.

Top Bottom