• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

John Day

Ho ho ho got me holy husbando Zhong li on a 2nd 10-roll. Out of 4 10-rolls i also got the guitar girl multiple times, Chongyu the cold monk and Razor multiple times, and a 5 star polearm.

I’m loving Zhong li, cool support. I’m gonna test out with whom to stick between Beidou my girl, or Razor (have Beidou at c2 and Razor at c3).

This game is permanently installed in my SSD i can see.

Ho ho ho got me holy husbando Zhong li on a 2nd 10-roll. Out of 4 10-rolls i also got the guitar girl multiple times, Chongyu the cold monk and Razor multiple times, and a 5 star polearm.

I’m loving Zhong li, cool support. I’m gonna test out with whom to stick between Beidou my girl, or Razor (have Beidou at c2 and Razor at c3).

This game is permanently installed in my SSD i can see.
You got a 5 star polearm from the Zhongli banner?? Or did you mean you rolled on another?

Man there's this one quest in Monstadt that is dependent upon getting a specific daily quest that I still haven't gotten. It chaps my ass every time I visit the fame NPC and see I'm one quest away from 100% and there's not a thing I can do about it.
I'm right there with you. It especially stings when I see the daily quest icon where it's supposed to be, but it turns out it's the wrong quest lol

Last edited:

John Day

You got a 5 star polearm from the Zhongli banner?? Or did you mean you rolled on another?

I'm right there with you. It especially stings when I see the daily quest icon where it's supposed to be, but it turns out it's the wrong quest lol
Lies!! Silly me, it’s a 4 star. Royal Spear. Nevermind me.

it’s the best spear i’ve got atthe moment, looking into more.

Pejo

Gold Member
So lots and lots of talk out there about how Zhongli is supremely disappointing. I feel like the monthly survey is going to go off about him this month.

Survey in CN shows what they think about current 5* characters, and he's dead last. Ouch. Hopefully MHY will actually listen to these players and do a little rebalancing. As a Qiqi owner, I also think she need something else in her kit to give her a little oomph as a 5* character instead of "ice Barbara" A unique charge attack like Jean or some added effects with her elemental skill would be nice. You just generally don't ever need the amount of healing that she can output, and that's all she does.

bmrez132xr261.jpg

So lots and lots of talk out there about how Zhongli is supremely disappointing.
As a main DPS, probably. But like I said yesterday, he's really fucking good as a support. Constant damage which builds up meteors that deal 5-digit damage + petrify is a thing of beauty. Maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase but I'm really happy with him so far.
But hey, if Mihoyo makes him even better due to the complaints then I'm all for it! lmao

crumbs

I thought Chon was a meme.

I pulled Chongyun on the beginner wish banner and have ended up using him quite a bit. His elemental skill works well in teams with Barbara, Xingqiu, and Fischl for elemental reactions like frozen or superconduct. Bennett is also not a bad choice as his burst will boost Chongyun's physical damage and you can combo them for melt reactions. His skill and burst also recharge pretty quickly. Another plus is that he's really useful during many of the boss fights, especially the Oceanid, Electro & geo hypostatis, and Childe fights.

The tricky part of using Chongyun is that his elemental skill converts all the sword, polearm, and claymore damage within the frost field to cryo rather than physical. So you might be tempted to use Razor or Keqing for superconduct reactions, however if you built those characters for physical damage, they will be nerfed a bit within the frost field. You can still use them on the same team, but you need to be aware of the timing and positioning of the frost field.

Last edited:

Fake

Sigh...

Is not Zhongli that is bad... or any Geo char, is the element Geo inself.

Geo is shit for late game. Much of the farm quests are time related, geo don't help shit there.

I want him because he is badass and those skills and attack paterns are great, but being a Geo not make wonders.

Little dong Zhong is trash. My kid pulled and got him though so I'm hyping him up for him just so he's not disappointed. At least he looks cool aside from that long stupid tail flowing from the back of his head. Who the fuck does that? Nobdoy does.

I really hope they buff him though. I'm done pulling on this banner so I don't accidentally get him lol.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Is there an ice character that isn't shit?

Chongyun. Can do physical or place a field that makes your regular attacks Cryo and increase your atk speed. Building for Energy recharge gives very short CDs on your Q and E skills.

Qiqi for heals. And debuff that gives you lifesteal on attacking marked enemies.

I don't have Qiqi though. And I tend to avoid 5 star characters anyway. Most of them don't interest me at all. Except maybe Jean. Who I don't have. >_<

--------------

If you want a Geo character that isn't shit then it's Ningguang for a DPS.

Geo characters are more for support or Tank.

Noelle and Geo MC can make rather nice tanks.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Kaeya is actually a decent ice character if you're just using him for reactions. His Burst continually circles you dealing ice damage/reactions, so if you have a melee character that you're fishing for reactions on, he can be nice. Just not really great as a main DPS character, which should be kinda obvious. I've been playing around with Diona a bit. I like her Burst, it's more useful than I first thought. The only downside is that it only heals currently deployed character(s), so solo it's only good if you want to switch in/out every character that needs healing. It's probably a lot better in co-op where everybody's out and able to get the effects. Chong's ok, I don't like that he turns all melee attacks for all characters to ice though. Sometimes it's good, sometimes less so.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Geo is shit for late game. Much of the farm quests are time related, geo don't help shit there.

I almost agree with you here....except for Zhong. The pillar that is created by "E" is fantastic. I drop that pillar climb up with Klee and lay waste to EVERYTHING on the ground.

Yes...I could blow stuff up with Klee on the ground but to max that DPS I have to keep a healer in the party to keep her alive at AR50+. This way Klee is safe (for the most part) and just rains death.

Pejo

Gold Member
I almost agree with you here....except for Zhong. The pillar that is created by "E" is fantastic. I drop that pillar climb up with Klee and lay waste to EVERYTHING on the ground.

Yes...I could blow stuff up with Klee on the ground but to max that DPS I have to keep a healer in the party to keep her alive at AR50+. This way Klee is safe (for the most part) and just rains death.
I guarantee you won't be bothering to do that every time you fight a group for more than a week, it's just too much extra work for not much gain. It'd be faster to just hold Zhongli's E and get the shield and just keep attacking on the ground.

Fake

Thats because he is a five star char. And his ultimate create a effect never before in the game. I mean, what was the last time you saw petrification in the game?

And I talking about the Geo element, not about the skills. The Geo reaction is really poor design, more defense oriented, but again late game are far more challenge asking you to finish boss quick or else you get punish or even run against the time, the element can't help you in those both cases.

In deep even the Genshin Impact staff know that Geo element is shit. Thats why Zhong skills are great.

Last edited:

Jedge

I thought Chon was a meme.

Imo Chongyun is a meme. His attacks take forever to activate and you can't rotate the last hit of his C1 which adds an ice attack. His E messes up a lot of characters, Keqing for example, because it converts their damage to Cyro, which is why C6 bennet is also a trap (converts attacks to fire).
He's good paired with some characters like Diluc to proc elemental reactions but otherwise I wouldn't recommend putting too many resources into him.

Once you get his C2 it's a different story because: Elemental Skills and Elemental Bursts cast within his E have their CD time decreased by 15%.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I guarantee you won't be bothering to do that every time you fight a group for more than a week, it's just too much extra work for not much gain. It'd be faster to just hold Zhongli's E and get the shield and just keep attacking on the ground.
Agreed. I use it mostly in max level domains when I am doing solo artifact runs. Not challenged very often in the open world, so the tactic isn't really useful there.

And I talking about the Geo element, not about the skills. The Geo reaction is really poor design, more defense oriented, but again late game are far more challenge asking you to finish boss quick or else you get punish or even run against the time, the element can't help you in those both cases.
I see! I took the comment to refer to geo characters not the element, my misunderstanding. Thanks for clarifying, and I agree. I have only used geo for utility/mobility stuff I have never depended on it for DPS or reactions.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
One day we'll have a non meme good Ice character I guess.

I'm currently saving for the Ice Polearm busty red haired nun character myself that was datamined. Hope she's good. Design surprises me since I expected them to be a Pyro with the outfit colors.

And I expect Signora to be playable a long time down the road. We got Tarty boy so it's only a matter of time.

And yes the Cat is shit. Diarrhea even.

Last edited:

Jedge

One day we'll have a non meme good Ice character I guess.

The few characters I can think of coming up that are ice: Ayaka (supposedly in march), Signora (prob not for a year+), Cocogoat in Jan (ice amber), Another Ice Claymore that was datamined (no clue).
Right now i'd argue ice doesn't have any good characters. So it might be a long time until we get anything substantial. There was a small rumor floating around that Ice might get buffed, but i'd take that with a grain of salt.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The few characters I can think of coming up that are ice: Ayaka (supposedly in march), Signora (prob not for a year+), Cocogoat in Jan (ice amber), Another Ice Claymore that was datamined (no clue).
Right now i'd argue ice doesn't have any good characters. So it might be a long time until we get anything substantial. There was a small rumor floating around that Ice might get buffed, but i'd take that with a grain of salt.
Yes, salt was useless as a goddess.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Well Cryo is in a particularly bad spot because there aren't any Cryo artifact set bonuses in the game yet. Which uh. UH. UHH.

Only thing Cryo related you can get is Cryo damage bonus on a Goblet and that is it.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Well Cryo is in a particularly bad spot because there aren't any Cryo artifact set bonuses in the game yet. Which uh. UH. UHH.

Only thing Cryo related you can get is Cryo damage bonus on a Goblet and that is it.
Same with Hydro. My Childe is just waiting for those domains to drop.

Ayaka is gimped in the same way that Mona is for being primary damage dealer. She has that godawful underground scoot, which is great for traversal, but fucking awful when you have to dodge and counterattack. You know, like in nearly any semi-challenging fight. I really think that they should make the underground scoot an extra button press while dashing, not the default dash.
I posted a collage of the leaked characters a few pages back, she was on there.

Reactions: Fuz

Jedge

Ayaka is gimped in the same way that Mona is for being primary damage dealer. She has that godawful underground scoot, which is great for traversal, but fucking awful when you have to dodge and counterattack. You know, like in nearly any semi-challenging fight. I really think that they should make the underground scoot an extra button press while dashing, not the default dash.

Agreed. Yeah, I've heard she's not that great and the only reason she was popular is cause panty shots/ her basic attacks.
I'm conflicted in either saving my gems for her or Signora (though she won't be a character for a very very long time).

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Agreed. Yeah, I've heard she's not that great and the only reason she was popular is cause panty shots/ her basic attacks.
I'm conflicted in either saving my gems for her or Signora (though she won't be a character for a very very long time).
They put safety shorts on her during the most recent beta where she was playable, so scratch another reason off the list of fun things about her, lol.

Also, unrelated:
Asuka info was released today for the Evangelion collab, she's playable AND free. Looks great!

John Day

Thats because he is a five star char. And his ultimate create a effect never before in the game. I mean, what was the last time you saw petrification in the game?

In deep even the Genshin Impact staff know that Geo element is shit. Thats why Zhong skills are great.
I can see why those polls of chinese players put Zhong so low tier of the 5*’s. Yeah not optimal for those.

BlackM1st

Banned
They put safety shorts on her during the most recent beta where she was playable, so scratch another reason off the list of fun things about her, lol.

Also, unrelated:
Asuka info was released today for the Evangelion collab, she's playable AND free. Looks great!

Damn shorts. Why miho keep doing this shit x(

Jedge

Some great news:

Only thing I care about haha:
In Version 1.2, Travelers will be rewarded with 1 Acquaint Fate each time they ascend a character at level 20, 50, or 70!

Pejo

Gold Member
Some great news:

In Version 1.2, Travelers will be rewarded with 1 Acquaint Fate each time they ascend a character at level 20, 50, or 70!
Some ok QoL features in there. Kinda sucks you can't view past story cutscenes though. It sounds like it's gonna be just text/audio. I'd like to rewatch that whole Jade Chamber scene again, because I was a little drunk when I beat the quest originally. Free fates are nice, I wish they'd add a way to (even really slowly) farm constellations though. That'd be much better. Like even a 10th of a constellation per week, with the understanding that you can't farm them until you pull the character to begin with.

Who knows, maybe they'll make universal constellation items eventually.

I was hoping we'd get some notice of character and/or element rebalancing, maybe closer to the first major update. I'd like to see other elements come up to Fire's level for reactions, and I would really like to see Qiqi and Amber get buffs. I keep trying to force Amber into my teams but she's just so bad.

Fuz

Banned
Q5: I frequently miss out on Domain and Ley Line blossom drops. Having to manually collect them is very inconvenient.
A5:
The developers have improved the Domain and Ley Line Outcrop rewards system. From Version 1.2, you won't have to collect the drops yourself because they'll be added straight to your Inventory.
I don't like the sound of this one. I do ley lines and domains without collecting the rewards just to do the weekly missions. Hope they don't force the resin payment.

Last edited:

crumbs

I was hoping we'd get a quick elemental resonance switch for the MC as a QoL improvement. I've been exploring Liyue for the remaining geoculous/seelies/etc and I'm getting tired of coming across anemo puzzles and then immediately finding a weighted switch that requires the Geo MC's construct power. The MC is the only anemo character, so either I have to warp out and make my way back after changing elements or mark it on the map and make another run through an area later when I change elements. I guess most players have additional anemo characters, so this doesn't effect them but it's getting real old needing to explore areas multiple times, especially the vertical spaces in Liyue.

Saber

Gold Member
Thank god I can re-do dungeons without leaving and re-entering the domain. This was a pain in the ass of loading.

I don't like the sound of this one. I do ley lines and domains without collecting the rewards just to do the weekly missions. Hope they don't force the resin payment.

I think you still have to manually pay using resins. You just don't need to keep pressing the pick button like a retard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
I think you still have to manually pay using resins. You just don't need to keep pressing the pick button like a retard.
Oh ok, this makes sense and it's kinda nice.
I was hoping we'd get a quick elemental resonance switch for the MC as a QoL improvement. I've been exploring Liyue for the remaining geoculous/seelies/etc and I'm getting tired of coming across anemo puzzles and then immediately finding a weighted switch that requires the Geo MC's construct power. The MC is the only anemo character, so either I have to warp out and make my way back after changing elements or mark it on the map and make another run through an area later when I change elements. I guess most players have additional anemo characters, so this doesn't effect them but it's getting real old needing to explore areas multiple times, especially the vertical spaces in Liyue.
I have Ning so I don't have to switch (also, often Noelle's shield works too), but there's a particular puzzle where only the geo MC works.
By the way, many pressure plates work also with Amber's doll.

Last edited:

liamsimou

Neo Member
Some great news:

still have no information on controller support to mobile/tablet....

So lots and lots of talk out there about how Zhongli is supremely disappointing. I feel like the monthly survey is going to go off about him this month.

Survey in CN shows what they think about current 5* characters, and he's dead last. Ouch. Hopefully MHY will actually listen to these players and do a little rebalancing. As a Qiqi owner, I also think she need something else in her kit to give her a little oomph as a 5* character instead of "ice Barbara" A unique charge attack like Jean or some added effects with her elemental skill would be nice. You just generally don't ever need the amount of healing that she can output, and that's all she does.

bmrez132xr261.jpg

I think it might be more of a problem with geo itself as a mechanic than zhongli but I can't say for certain as I still don't have him.
And about Qiqi, I'm definitely needing more healing output at world rank 5 now since enemies hit much harder than before and one herald of frost "tick" is not being enough to fully heal a char in most cases.

Last edited:

crumbs

Oh ok, this makes sense and it's kinda nice.

I have Ning so I don't have to switch (also, often Noelle's shield works too), but there's a particular puzzle where only the geo MC works.
By the way, many pressure plates work also with Amber's doll.

I do use Noelle for some puzzles, but it feels like they design them with the Geo MC in mind. I was hoping to pull Ning on the Childe banner since she seemed interesting to play on her Test stage, but I ended up with Diona and some 4 star polearms instead.

The Amber doll info is good to know, thanks. I haven't used her in ages, so I didn't think about her doll for those puzzles.

Top Bottom