• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Gold Member
Wow, Hu Tao/Yelan reruns are doing better than I expected honestly.

iv50ew4hakha1.png

Still can't match the king though!
AqqTuNf.jpg

Dregnel

I'm not going to use my wishes in this banner because I already have both characters and for the weapons banner I have no hope.

I think that people lost hope in dehya and now they are using their wishes in something safe.

Saber

It's very recomended to not spend any wishes on Dehya, really. Saving for better characters, possible new interesting kits will come since we're closer to Fountaine.

Last edited:

ssringo

Not surprised this banner is doing so well. It's pretty stacked and they're very good teammates so if you have none of them you get a brand new badass squad (when built). And if you already have them their c1 is also great. If weapon banner is counted in that revenue it's also a very good one to pull on.

Fuz

Banned
Well, Baizhu is almost here and beta players will post their gameplay.

How can a dendro shield came first than a anemo shield I'll never understand.
Uhm, this is interesting.

Dendro and Geo don't react. I wonder if they'll add a reaction with Baizhu's release.

Anyway, who did say that YaoYao was good in here? She sucks ass. Other than the other higlighted issues... her turrets prioritize torches to enemies or your character in need of heal.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Dendro and Geo don't react. I wonder if they'll add a reaction with Baizhu's release.
x5QXrcK.gif

Anyway, who did say that YaoYao was good in here? She sucks ass. Other than the other higlighted issues... her turrets prioritize torches to enemies or your character in need of heal.
I've never had her target fire pits/torches when her conditions were met. It does prioritize opponents if your active character > 70% HP though, but it still doesn't count fireplaces as opponents until there are zero enemies around and zero on-field characters with less than 100% HP. Keep in mind, she doesn't heal off-field so you need to swap them in if you want her to heal anybody. Also this is kinda why her Burst is shit, since the minute you swap her out, all of the rabbits that are on field during her burst disappear instantly when she's not on field.

·If all nearby characters have more than 70% HP remaining, then it will throw the radish at a nearby opponent.
·If nearby characters have 70% or less HP remaining, it will throw a radish at the character with the lowest HP percentage remaining. If no opponents exist nearby, Yuegui will also throw White Jade Radishes at characters if they all have more than 70% HP and less than 100% HP remaining. Otherwise, it will throw radishes into the area at random.

Still, she does a great job at her role, which is healing, dendro application, and Dendro particles for a Dendro DPS.

Speaking of Yaoyao, which spear are you guys using on her? I just went with Favonius but I don't think the extra particles generate if she's off field, so it's probably not the best choice.

Fuz

Banned
I've never had her target fire pits/torches when her conditions were met. It does prioritize opponents if your active character > 70% HP though, but it still doesn't count fireplaces as opponents until there are zero enemies around and zero on-field characters with less than 100% HP. Keep in mind, she doesn't heal off-field so you need to swap them in if you want her to heal anybody. Also this is kinda why her Burst is shit, since the minute you swap her out, all of the rabbits that are on field during her burst disappear instantly when she's not on field.
She just did it during the "defend the monolith" commission in Dragonspine. Threw the bunny behind the shieldchurl to distract him and the bunny kept attacking the torch. Not the first time, btw. And the bunny also does attack torches instead of healing my non-full character... wonder if there's a treshold?
Speaking of Yaoyao, which spear are you guys using on her? I just went with Favonius but I don't think the extra particles generate if she's off field, so it's probably not the best choice.
Lvl 20 Favonius. I have no intention of building her, she's just there for friendship points.

Last edited:

Fake

Favonius lvl 90 on my Yaoyao. I take back everything I said about her. She is doing a good job for a 4* .

They really REALLY should reconsider creating a sacrificial polearm.

Pejo

Gold Member
Man I watched the Honkai Impact 5th anniversary stream for Global, and it was the most absolute cringe shit I've ever seen. It made the old Genshin special programs look like a fucking masterpiece. They hired a bunch of nobody YouTubers with no experience directing/hosting a show and gave them 2 hours to flail around and fake laugh and talk about stupid shit that nobody cares about. 2 FUCKING HOURS of directionless empty drivel. I skipped around to find the anniversary redemption codes for free currency and clicked X on that browser tab so hard I thought my mouse was going to go through the floor.

Well, unlike the bunny girl anniversary, sure as hell no CN fans are going to complain about not getting THAT monstrosity for their own anni.

Oh yea, here's Dehya.

Here we see Dehya using her sword, but CN can't have any depictions of blood, so instead just imagine that she's stirring some jam or spaghetti sauce (in Fuz's case).

ZA6xMCw.jpg

Pejo Pejo

Looks good for a version update, but feels kinda "light" for an anniversary, though I can see myself cracking open the wallet for mei's weapon and the flamescion spend bonus.
Most interested in what they said at the end though, that the game will receive tech upgrade after this version, wonder if they can actually update the honkai engine with genshin enhancements (or even star rail).

Pejo

Gold Member
Pejo Pejo

Looks good for a version update, but feels kinda "light" for an anniversary, though I can see myself cracking open the wallet for mei's weapon and the flamescion spend bonus.
Most interested in what they said at the end though, that the game will receive tech upgrade after this version, wonder if they can actually update the honkai engine with genshin enhancements (or even star rail).

Yea I'm planning on going 4/4 for Mei, I like her kit a lot and she looks fun. Maybe spend some extra on Kiana if I get lucky. I skipped pretty much everything since getting lucky on AI-Chan's weapon, so I'm doing pretty good on xtals. I've got 32k and a dream. We get 1 of Mei's stig in a selector and the rest of her equip is in one of those "refund" gachas where you get tickets back after 20/40/60 pulls etc, so I'm certain I can 4/4 her. I also get my 1200 days login bonus in a few weeks.

I'm really glad to hear about the tech upgrade, I hope the jump button from APHO becomes standard in all new version 7.0 and above characters. On one hand it'd suck for all the old characters including the herrschers everybody just pulled, but on the other hand it makes the combat SO much deeper and more fun. Really feels like DMC. More than anything, I'm glad that the main girls are getting a break. I'm Mei/Kiana/Bronya'd out. I wouldn't mind a focus on TeriTeri, Seele(s), the vodka girls, and of course a proper return of corrupted Himeko with a devil bringer honkai hand (she will be back dammit!)

This Sword fits so perfectly Ayato's Aesthetics
There's a slightly better one, IMO.
iu

I've been 60 for like 6 months or more now, and I have to say that the extra Mora increase has been noticeable and very much appreciated. I haven't had to hard farm mora leylines in months and am currently sitting at 8mil even after maxing out talents on like 6 characters in a row, one of the most expensive things to do in the game.

Last edited:

SSfox

There's a slightly better one, IMO.
He hit great already and can easily 36* Abyss with, that's more than enough tbh. Unless Hoyo will add new harder Abyss levels i see no point on wasting my primos on 5* Weapons and constellations

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Gold Member
He hit great already and can easily 36* Abyss with, that' more than enough tbh. Unless Hoyo will had new harder Abyss levels i see no point on wasting my primos on 5* Weapons and constellations
I was just joking about not liking him, i'm sure performance wise he's fine. He's no Dehya, after all, so at least he fits somewhere.

ssringo

I took some screenshots from my work laptop (which doesn't have HDR capabilities), but you can see where to check.

Right Click any blank space on your desktop, go to Display settings

Click on WIndows HD Color settings (I think if you have the ability to push HDR, you should have a toggle for it here instead)

Then in here, you pick a connected display (monitor/tv/whatever) and it will tell you if you have the capabilities. If they all say no, then either your graphics card, cable, or display isn't capable of it.

For the exclusive fullscreen in Genshin, you navigate to the game .exe file which (for default location) should be in c:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\, then right click it -> send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)

Then on the desktop, you right click the shortcut and go to the "Target" box. Put the existing path in quotes, then add what I mentioned above to the end of the target path, it'll look something like this:

*edit*

If you're doing this fullscreen mode thing, you want to run the game from this shortcut from now on, which will bypass the launcher. The only time you will need to run it from the launcher is when we get a version update and you have to download the new packages. Mid-version updates work just fine with the shortcut.
Just wanted to thank you for this. The random choppiness I'd get drove me up the wall. Fullscreen exclusive fixed it.

Pejo

Gold Member
Just wanted to thank you for this. The random choppiness I'd get drove me up the wall. Fullscreen exclusive fixed it.
I hate how modern devs just exclude it as an option these days, especially usually in PC ports of console games. In addition to better framerate, it also gives better color depth by default and less input lag.

All of Sony's games don't even allow it through workarounds that I found, like God of War, etc.

Pejo

Gold Member
Well, not that I'm expecting anything, but this is the last chance for Dehya changes before they showcase her kit at this Friday's 3.5 special program. Anybody with a last breath of hopium, huff it down overnight.

Ayaka quest pt 2 admits that the whole costume is a mistake at least instead of trying to justify that it a warrior costume design, so I'll give them that. Shame it wasn't also a good costume.

mIanovI.jpg

Bonus:
s8vMIeE.jpg

Saber

I think its a lost case, but if people still wanna hold on to their hopium thats on them.
The sooner it ends the faster the next batch of leaks appear.

Pejo

Gold Member
I've seen few Honkai videos it looks good, but noway i'm touching this
qBqq7wV.jpg
Yep, as I mentioned earlier, it's literally just another Genshin with all of the grindy awful systems in place (with different names), but in a turn-based RPG format. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The story is serviceable but not good enough to immerse yourself into a second hell. It's basically like MHY's take on Star Ocean's planet-hopping mini-stories and SMT's countering types turn based combat. If it was less of a gacha and more of just a standard JRPG, (or Chinese RPG I guess technically), it'd be worth it, but as a previous beta tester I can't recommend it.

SSfox

Yep, as I mentioned earlier, it's literally just another Genshin with all of the grindy awful systems in place (with different names), but in a turn-based RPG format. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The story is serviceable but not good enough to immerse yourself into a second hell. It's basically like MHY's take on Star Ocean's planet-hopping mini-stories and SMT's countering types turn based combat. If it was less of a gacha and more of just a standard JRPG, (or Chinese RPG I guess technically), it'd be worth it, but as a previous beta tester I can't recommend it.
Yeah, if Hoyo is whiling to make a normal full price game i'm in and won't mind buying that, but it's really the gacha aspect that make me avoid it, the idea of having to do dailies and resines for another game is simply out of question.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Yeah, if Hoyo is whiling to make a normal full price game i'm i and won't mind buying that, but it's really the gacha aspect that make me avoid it, the ideas of having to do dailies and resines for another game is simply out of question.
Exactly. I was shocked that they thought the genshin progression mechanics were good enough to lift them directly, when it's the part of the game almost universally hated. Constellations/resin/artifact farming/boss farming for ascension materials, like it's literally 1:1 taken from Genshin and renamed.

The cardinal sin from me though wasn't the progression mechanics, it was the fact that every character (even the 5*s that cost as much as Genshin's 5*s to roll), only have 2 skills. 2 skills in a 100+ hour JRPG. And the party switching mechanic is shit like Genshin's too, where you have to stop playing, load a menu, adjust your party members, then exit the menu. Now imagine being in an area with 10 different enemy types and you have to adjust before each battle if you haven't woefully overleveled and overpowered the area. It was extremely tedious and I got sick of swapping characters out by the end of the beta which was only like 2 weeks.

Fuz

Banned
CRINGE.jpg

They specifically have every character make a point of how beautiful it is, so the simps will all be conditioned to think it's beautiful and they must have it.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
CRINGE.jpg

They specifically have every character make a point of how beautiful it is, so the simps will all be conditioned to think it's beautiful and they must have it.
puke dressing GIF

It makes me extra mad that they just fucking HAD to sneak Light Novels into this event. Like what the fuck? Inazuma has so much cool shit going on with it and all we ever talk about are fucking lame light novels.

Fuz

Banned
puke dressing GIF

It makes me extra mad that they just fucking HAD to sneak Light Novels into this event. Like what the fuck? Inazuma has so much cool shit going on with it and all we ever talk about are fucking lame light novels.
At least they didn't say that light novels originated in Lyiue and Lyiue is the best at making them.
2Rce3.gif

Last edited:

Saber

CRINGE.jpg

This shit unfortunatelly is the future of GI. Traveler basically simps every character and we have to endure Paimon garbage dialogue, as if Traveler is a retard who can't talk for himself.
But if I have to see another Alhaitan and Kaveh dialogue I swear to god I fuck unninstall this game.

crumbs

Hard to believe the same game gives us the dark and violent continuation of Jeht's story in the same patch as this silly tacked-on costume story. It's made worse by the "dialog-to-gameplay ratio" being really screwed up for parry event.

deanote666

Gold Member
This shit unfortunatelly is the future of GI. Traveler basically simps every character and we have to endure Paimon garbage dialogue, as if Traveler is a retard who can't talk for himself.
But if I have to see another Alhaitan and Kaveh dialogue I swear to god I fuck unninstall this game.
I have the sound off 90% of the time but the only time I remember hearing traveler actually speak, outside of grunts/groans due to the action going on, is when they say Nahida's name out loud during a certain story arc.

First game, Jak is silent and Daxter is Paimon.

Second game, Jak's first words: I'm going to Ki11 that guy! (not Daxter)

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Hard to believe the same game gives us the dark and violent continuation of Jeht's story in the same patch as this silly tacked-on costume story. It's made worse by the "dialog-to-gameplay ratio" being really screwed up for parry event.
I'm telling you, they should promote the unvoiced world quest team and fire the main voiced/even quest teams. Imagine if most of the quests were the quality of the Jeht quests but also fully voiced. Then just let the casuals skip it like they've been begging for, and everybody is happy.

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
I have the sound off 90% of the time but the only time I remember hearing traveler actually speak, outside of grunts/groans due to the action going on, is when they say Nahida's name out loud during a certain story arc.

First game, Jak is silent and Daxter is Paimon.

Second game, Jak's first words: I'm going to Ki11 that guy! (not Daxter)

IIRC travelere also spoke when they saw thier sibling during the Dainsleif quest.

Pejo

Gold Member
IIRC travelere also spoke when they saw thier sibling during the Dainsleif quest.
I mean surely at this point and with this kind of cash, they can pay enough to record all of these story voicelines in both male/female voices right? We don't need to keep using paimon so that they can record 1 less total voice track, right?

I just don't get it. At least I hope they eventually provide a lore reason why paimon always talks for us.

Pejo

Gold Member
So highly suspicious leak, but...

fyjjmucpc0ia1.jpg

So in their "leakspeak" this means Dehya/Cyno/Ayaka/Shenhe to standard banner.

Meanwhlie still no GEO 5* at all in there.

I'm gonna just put this one squarely in the "bullshit" column.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

So highly suspicious leak, but...

fyjjmucpc0ia1.jpg

So in their "leakspeak" this means Dehya/Cyno/Ayaka/Shenhe to standard banner.

For real? I can understand Cyno, Dehya and Shenhe, but Ayaka? Ayaka banner was that bad?

But I do agree that 5* characters that don't go well in their banners just need to be relocated to the standart banner.

And BTW, saying Dehya will go to the standart banner even when her banner not even out yet hurts a lot. Poor Dehya.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I'd sooner expect characters like Albedo, Klee etc. to be added since they're not very popular (anymore) and probably wouldn't make them much money during a rerun. Dehya isn't even out yet, Ayaka is super popular and Shenhe hasn't even had a rerun yet. Seems like a premature decision to add those.

I don't care about the standard banner much since we hardly get wishes for it anyway. If you're lucky you might get a 5 star every half a year or so. But I assume this means they'd join the line-up of possible 50/50 characters and we could use some fresh additions there.

Top Bottom