• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

Well, if we just think I sure they will fine a way to adress the lack of blue wishes.

Just for the possibility of putting so many 5* on the permanent banner just make me guess that they're find a solution for this and want to try.

Maybe that was their only problem to begin with: Find a way to earn money from the permanent banner.

Last edited:

Saber

I'd sooner expect characters like Albedo, Klee etc. to be added since they're not very popular (anymore) and probably wouldn't make them much money during a rerun. Dehya isn't even out yet, Ayaka is super popular and Shenhe hasn't even had a rerun yet. Seems like a premature decision to add those.

I don't care about the standard banner much since we hardly get wishes for it anyway. If you're lucky you might get a 5 star every half a year or so. But I assume this means they'd join the line-up of possible 50/50 characters and we could use some fresh additions there.

I don't think they born yesterday. They got all the tools to know how much of impact those banners will get. This could mean they are already preparing for a flop. Willing to guess that their project numbers are not great for Dehya(and for others reruns), so keep risking flop after flop of characters is not a smart idea.

Putting those mid-tier and low popular characters on the normal wish banner doesn't sound as bad because they could simply put them to be ultra rare, like Diluc. And since most of those characters aren't much op or need designated supports to work its full potential, there isn't much to lose.

Not like I care either. Good riddance for them to keep perpetuating ships or terrible unfun kits. Look how much potential Dehya could get if her kit was the one leaked before.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
I'd sooner expect characters like Albedo, Klee etc. to be added since they're not very popular (anymore) and probably wouldn't make them much money during a rerun. Dehya isn't even out yet, Ayaka is super popular and Shenhe hasn't even had a rerun yet. Seems like a premature decision to add those.
Sounds like a leaker honeypot to me. Give out various lists of characters to various employees and see which ones make it out.
I don't care about the standard banner much since we hardly get wishes for it anyway. If you're lucky you might get a 5 star every half a year or so. But I assume this means they'd join the line-up of possible 50/50 characters and we could use some fresh additions there.
Yea, I need some new characters to lose 50/50 to, badly.

HNerQph.jpg

Top 10 Gachas sorted by revenue with estimated downloads. Genshin really dwarfs everything else, kinda crazy. Also, Honkai does like 1/10th as much revenue as Genshin, and it's still beating 99% of other gachas out there. Glad to see Nikke doing well, it's a premium tier T&A game.

I still have a hard time visualizing what her hand is supposed to be doing in this one.

gpa7Ypw.jpg

I would unironically play a Genshin Pro Skater game.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
They're technically all commissioned fanarts (except Nilou), so it is a bit inconsistent with their internal artists. I don't think any of them are bad necessarily though. Beidou one does have slightly weird proportions, but she gets forgotten 99% of the time, so it's nice to see that they remembered her at least. And no Ningguang shipper bait this time either, it's a miracle.

deanote666

Gold Member
They're technically all commissioned fanarts (except Nilou), so it is a bit inconsistent with their internal artists. I don't think any of them are bad necessarily though. Beidou one does have slightly weird proportions, but she gets forgotten 99% of the time, so it's nice to see that they remembered her at least. And no Ningguang shipper bait this time either, it's a miracle.

Pejo

Gold Member

I'm actually all for weird proportions. One of my favorite artists in FGO is Raita, who is very... polarizing with his proportions and body shapes.

291_Murasaki%20Shikibu%20%28Rider%29_1.png

Yorimitsu4.png

That Maguu Kenki parry boss was pretty fun. I was hoping the last fight was going to be Ayaka or Shogun though. I actually appreciate that they went full on "traveler thirst" for Ayaka and embraced it. I don't personally like her, but it's fun to see a different character archetype than "I work so hard and stop just standing around!". I'd like it if they went full on yandere with her (like the memes), but Genshin doesn't have the guts to do it, I'm sure.

iu

Seems to be a lot of fanart with this angle for Dehya specifically.

Wk0RzJX.jpg

*edit*

Special Program officially announced.

5lm4rrhsx9ia1.jpg

Every ounce of remaining Hopium I have for Dehya is going into this.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Hopium for what exactly? Is there anything they can do for her now? I think this is the end game.
Technically it can change up until they reveal it to the public. Even if they show off her moves, the numbers and effects can be changed.

I just can't fathom how they think her last beta iteration is "good enough" to release as a limited 5* character, by any metric. Again though, I think we're at the mercy of the CN fanbase here. If they care enough, something might change. If they remain silent, meh.

Or I guess GL audience could make a stink, but that would be unprecedented with how many bootlickers and white knights exist for this game globally.

We need some heroes like the Korean advertising trucks.
EravWjaUYAMldKu

(backstory - Korean gacha fans started renting out advertising trucks to drive by the developer's offices in circles when they make bone-headed decisions that anger the fanbase, along with review bombing them etc. It has been highly effective and now KR gacha devs fear the trucks.)

SSfox

Nice buffs for my Albedo and Itto
Tz3PzCt.jpg

yVEjkmX.png

p6Ob54p.png

And while i was doing the domaine i got a buff for Yelan too with a new much nicer HP Sand
mRth7qs.jpg

B093tgJ.png

Last edited:

Fake

Liking Yelan?

People argue that Yelan is just a Xinqgu, but imo Yelan can be a mix of battery and dps, unlike Xingu just 'use elemental skill/elemental burst' and trade.

And they work quite well together.

deanote666

Gold Member
Just realized I never have to fight Storm Terror, Wolf, and Childe again for talent materials. Got over 100 dream solvents.

Think they're still worth fighting for billets, colored gems?

Pejo

Gold Member
Just realized I never have to fight Storm Terror, Wolf, and Childe again for talent materials. Got over 100 dream solvents.

Think they're still worth fighting for billets, colored gems?
Depends on how important billets are for you. I still farm them all every week for billet drops. The rest of the drops don't really interest me, but it only takes a few minutes per boss.

Saber

I'd rather spend that resin on artifacts myself. I only do the Scara boss now.

I dunno how people stand him.
The music is hideous and his second part is more about running than fighting, letting that mechanic thing from Nahida doing almost all the work. I sincerelly wonder how people find this fun at all. I only did this to max a talent, then never doing that crap again.

Pejo

Gold Member
The music is hideous and his second part is more about running than fighting, letting that mechanic thing from Nahida doing almost all the work. I sincerelly wonder how people find this fun at all. I only did this to max a talent, then never doing that crap again.
almost every single character after Sumeru uses his talent materials, so sometimes you just gotta suck it up and do it. I don't particularly like the fight but I've got it narrowed down to an easy win.

Also, I really like the music in part 2 (where he's full body). 🤷‍♂️

Fuz

Banned
Better than Shogun or Signora. At least it's quick.

Last edited:

Saber

Better than Shogun or Signora. At least it's quick.

I like Signora pretty much. Her boss design is kinda different, she isn't gonna explode you and her theme is very fitting.
I do agree with you about Shogun though, at least Scara has a gimmick on the first phase. But I can't stand both of them for basically creating this hyper aggressive damage dealing bosses, felt like GI creators just want to blowjob them as massive Sephirot eske type of characters.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Gold Member
Who's ready for a super-helpful Developer's Discussion? Where the devs graciously answer the HOTTEST and MOST IMPORTANT questions directly from the fanbase:

FpD1ApTXEAEe3-g

FpD1A0NXoAEnGr9

Also, looks like Tiggy's VA is out for good.

I read some of the chat logs, (there were a lot) and yea... it does not look good for that dude. Nasty shit.

0DNv24N.jpg

schoellershammer

Neo Member
Liking Yelan?

People argue that Yelan is just a Xinqgu, but imo Yelan can be a mix of battery and dps, unlike Xingu just 'use elemental skill/elemental burst' and trade.

And they work quite well together.
People even said that Barbara is better than Kokomi and Ganyu is a cryo Amber
Yelan is top stuff :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Pejo Pejo
Preliminary
Got one of Mei's stigs twice and the weapon 3 times lol, done with those.
Got kiana.
Still summoning for her weapon.
100 orbs away from flamescion, so that should work out with the free crystals and cards I think.

Fuz

Banned
Who's ready for a super-helpful Developer's Discussion? Where the devs graciously answer the HOTTEST and MOST IMPORTANT questions directly from the fanbase:

FpD1ApTXEAEe3-g

FpD1A0NXoAEnGr9

Also, looks like Tiggy's VA is out for good.

I read some of the chat logs, (there were a lot) and yea... it does not look good for that dude. Nasty shit.

0DNv24N.jpg

Retards gonna retard.

crumbs

I had to look up what the replication question was in reference to. Apparently they added that feature to the teapot in v3.2 but I totally missed it.

Fuz

Banned
Got this from a purple chest, I think I never seen one before:
Pro-Weapon.jpg

It was The Terminator
Obviously.

Pejo

Gold Member
WTF are those questions? No way a GI player really asked that.
Apparently your brother asked for the artifact one, lol.

Pejo Pejo
Preliminary
Got one of Mei's stigs twice and the weapon 3 times lol, done with those.
Got kiana.
Still summoning for her weapon.
100 orbs away from flamescion, so that should work out with the free crystals and cards I think.
With just what I had saved, thanks to the refund, got Mei to full 4/4 in 3 10-rolls (with the free selector). No dupes other than getting her weapon twice in a single 10-pull, felt good.

Then I spent everything I had as far as blue tickets/crystals and got Kiana on the last pull before I would have run out. It was very painful up until that. Threw the remaining pink tickets at her equipment banner and through some miracle got her weapon, so I'm stopping here. I'm a little over halfway to the Kiana costume. We'll see if I splurge a little and try for Kiana's stigs to get the costume later. I want to wait until I get all the login bonuses before I buy a pack. Also my 1200 days is coming up very soon.

To be honest, I like the Kiana HoFs costume a lot less after they got rid of the weird bunny ear twist things for her hair. I actually am not a huge fan of any of the costumes this patch. Rita's barely feels different, Sushang's seems objectively worse to me, Kiana's is nice but the hair bun sucks. Was there a 4th one or am I misremembering? Anyways, the side-scrolling shooter event is pretty fun. Better than that exploration event from 6.3.

I had to look up what the replication question was in reference to. Apparently they added that feature to the teapot in v3.2 but I totally missed it.
I tried it out once, it's implemented in a really bad way. You can search for a layout by ID, but then it doesn't let you bookmark it, so you have to write the ID number down, and it won't let you place it if you don't have all of the necessary pieces. But you also can't "store" the pieces you need and in which quantity, so you have to write all that down too. It ended up being too much work just for the teapot so I gave up on it. It should let you notate in the game how many of exactly which furniture pieces you need to craft to set the layout, otherwise it's going to take an hour + just to craft/buy all the pieces based off of your notes outside of the game, and that's assuming you have enough insta-craft tickets to do them all at once. Otherwise it could take weeks to build enough furniture to make the layout work. I can't imagine many people have actually used it, probably why it hasn't been advertised much.

Got this from a purple chest, I think I never seen one before:
Pro-Weapon.jpg

It was The Terminator
Obviously.
I've gotten 4 of these in total now, since launch. Only got 1 SSR item out of the 4. I did get a SSR weapon and SSR matrix from a random Sobek the other day though, that was something.

Pejo

Gold Member
but does it also infuse Cryo?
God I wish. Then I could main her without Chongus on every team attached like an extra artifact slot. Strictly a Cryo (and Physical) damage buff while standing in her burst, which is very easy to maintain.

That said, I run her as the DPS carry in a freeze team of Shenhe (as a carry)/Chongus/Sucrose/Kokomi, and it's really effective.

I have zero illusions that a freeze team of Ayaka/Shenhe (as support)/Kaz/Kokomi would be better in every conceivable way, but I like doing my own thing and Kaz is overused (and I don't care for Ayaka).

*edit*

Sorry I had it a bit backwards, her burst gives phys and cryo shred, the skill gives buffs to normals/charge attacks/bursts for a certain number of hits depending on if you use her hold or tap version of her skill.

Last edited:

SSfox

God I wish. Then I could main her without Chongus on every team attached like an extra artifact slot. Strictly a Cryo (and Physical) damage buff while standing in her burst, which is very easy to maintain.

That said, I run her as the DPS carry in a freeze team of Shenhe (as a carry)/Chongus/Sucrose/Kokomi, and it's really effective.

I have zero illusions that a freeze team of Ayaka/Shenhe (as support)/Kaz/Kokomi would be better in every conceivable way, but I like doing my own thing and Kaz is overused (and I don't care for Ayaka).
Oh i see, i really though i seen her infusing some where but maybe it's constellation thing 🤔

Yeah agree you should always focus on team you have fun with most!

Pejo

Gold Member
Oh i see, i really though i seen her infusing some where but maybe it's constellation thing 🤔

Yeah agree you should always focus on team you have fun with most!
Can guarantee, even at c6, she never gets infusion. She gives "icy quill" buff which increases cryo damage for a certain number of hits based on her attack and the talent level. Then at high constellations, that buff feeds back into her own elemental skill and makes it hit harder.

Pejo

Gold Member
New Onikabuto event isn't bad, but my god, would it have killed them to flesh it out a little? 1 fight per day with a single pre-determined beetle for a few days just feels so bare bones. Like why don't the beetles have stats? Why can't we go capture and then "evaluate" our own beetles, with some customizations and stuff. Their events are getting more and more low effort these days.

Fuz

Banned
It's also bugged, if you change the movement keys it shows the correct key but you need to use the default ones.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
New Onikabuto event isn't bad, but my god, would it have killed them to flesh it out a little? 1 fight per day with a single pre-determined beetle for a few days just feels so bare bones. Like why don't the beetles have stats? Why can't we go capture and then "evaluate" our own beetles, with some customizations and stuff. Their events are getting more and more low effort these days.
Yeah that surprised me too. Why are we using Itto's beetle? Shouldn't we catch one of our own? They said it was covered in jam, and during the cutscene it started raining in my game. I was waiting for it to change back to purple again but alas, they didn't think of that...

Pejo

Gold Member
Yeah that surprised me too. Why are we using Itto's beetle? Shouldn't we catch one of our own? They said it was covered in jam, and during the cutscene it started raining in my game. I was waiting for it to change back to purple again but alas, they didn't think of that...
They showed this onikabuto battle stuff in the special program like it was gonna be about the same effort (mechanics wise at least) as the mushroom fighting, but boy that ended up not being true. This is more or less the same as the event built around marketing Ayaka's ugly ass dress, minus the dress. Ah well, the battling itself is inoffensive and should be fairly strategic as it gets harder.

R Reizo Ryuu Dregnel Dregnel
What do you guys think of the new battlesuits? Mei is 100x more fun for me personally. I love that she has a counter on top of the varying levels of weapon charge. Feels like they put in Virgil (from DMC) and he had a baby with Longsword (from Monster Hunter). I'm really having a good time playing her. It's shame that the game itself is so restrictive on rotations for top scoring, I'd love to just piss with her counter in harder content. and weave her combos like we can do in APHO2.

Also, fun spoiler from CN server:
ucd7uw4g2lia1.jpg

Does that mean they're going to have to give her another out-of-combat animation than the "bend over, put her hand on her knee, and get sassy" animation? Or will they just adjust the animation skeleton and keep it the same? Important questions!

Fake

They lost a big opportunity making just like the last pkmn event.

Search one and use in your fight. Would be even better if has different colors.

Reactions: Fuz

Dregnel

Technically it can change up until they reveal it to the public. Even if they show off her moves, the numbers and effects can be changed.

I just can't fathom how they think her last beta iteration is "good enough" to release as a limited 5* character, by any metric. Again though, I think we're at the mercy of the CN fanbase here. If they care enough, something might change. If they remain silent, meh.

Or I guess GL audience could make a stink, but that would be unprecedented with how many bootlickers and white knights exist for this game globally.

We need some heroes like the Korean advertising trucks.
EravWjaUYAMldKu

(backstory - Korean gacha fans started renting out advertising trucks to drive by the developer's offices in circles when they make bone-headed decisions that anger the fanbase, along with review bombing them etc. It has been highly effective and now KR gacha devs fear the trucks.)
these koreans are on another level
They showed this onikabuto battle stuff in the special program like it was gonna be about the same effort (mechanics wise at least) as the mushroom fighting, but boy that ended up not being true. This is more or less the same as the event built around marketing Ayaka's ugly ass dress, minus the dress. Ah well, the battling itself is inoffensive and should be fairly strategic as it gets harder.

R Reizo Ryuu Dregnel Dregnel
What do you guys think of the new battlesuits? Mei is 100x more fun for me personally. I love that she has a counter on top of the varying levels of weapon charge. Feels like they put in Virgil (from DMC) and he had a baby with Longsword (from Monster Hunter). I'm really having a good time playing her. It's shame that the game itself is so restrictive on rotations for top scoring, I'd love to just piss with her counter in harder content. and weave her combos like we can do in APHO2.

Also, fun spoiler from CN server:
ucd7uw4g2lia1.jpg

Does that mean they're going to have to give her another out-of-combat animation than the "bend over, put her hand on her knee, and get sassy" animation? Or will they just adjust the animation skeleton and keep it the same? Important questions!
i got mei and she feels fine but I won't spend my crystals to get her weapons or stigmas so i won't use her, i will save for theresa i didn't have any plans to pull for kiana anyway

Pejo

Gold Member
Oh no, I just realized Dehya needs those pupa eggs that Alhaitham needed for ascension. Better start farming that shit, they take like 2 days to respawn and I couldn't find many of them.

Almost done with all of the boss materials I need to get her to 90. Tomorrow's the special program, here we go I guess.

cdobfsH.gif

rpGMQEz.png

Saber

It's just been confirmed on the stream that Dehya is coming to the standard banner in 3.6. Don't know if that means you can lose 50/50 to her. They're sending her out to die.

Looks like that leak what spot on after all. I'm actually laughting at people at the time on reddit saying it was fake because it would be 2 pyro claymores on standart banner, and thats impossible.

Top Bottom