• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

see8epodf1qa1.jpg

Fuz Fuz
They have been keeping an eye on the accelerated banner and giving out free resources to compensate, apparently. Sure doesn't fucking feel like it.

Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

Why taking so long to update Paimon Bargain?

Put some new 4* there and I'll be happy.
Yes, it weird that they haven't added a third character to the rotation each month. Next 6 by release date would be:

Sucrose (1.0)
Diona (1.1)
Xinyan (1.1)
Rosaria (1.4)
Yanfei (1.5)
Sayu (2.0)

deanote666

I'm still hanging onto points for the starting character constellations. Still missing some on Lisa, Kaeya, Amber.

Not really feeling anything towards the Fontaine character designs.

Hopefully the domains, map will be interesting if the last domain area (the industrialized area) of the Nahida quest can be used as an indicator.

deanote666

Dunno if it's the same for everyone or not but my traveling teapot salesman had a Coral Butterfly for sale.

FYI since those can't be caught anymore.

Pejo

Remind me what Coral Butterfly is and where is it found?
It's just a teapot pet at this point, it was originally only available in the time-limited Enkanomiya event. MHY pushed out an update a few patches ago that makes them show up occasionally in the visiting teapot shop.

*edit*

Here's the first newer gameplay video I've seen of Wuthering Waves, the upcoming Genshin-like from Kuro Games.

About what I expected. The world/puzzles/exploration seems worse, but the combat seems better. A little too few encounters and they were over a little too quickly for my tastes, but it is the early part of the first beta of the game, so I'll give it a chance. It's gonna come down to combat and characters for me, personally, if I'll play it or not.

*edit2*

After re-watching it, I noticed a few things.
  • Looks like you can assume enemy forms for puzzle solving and combat. The character turns into a big armored dude to break boulders and walls, then turns into a cat to finish a combo.
  • Party swapping is fast and on the fly, you just bring up a menu, pick the character and off you go. No waiting for bullshit to load every time and prebuilding whole teams.
  • The males aren't all fujobait or twinks
  • Looks like faster/more mobile traversal out of the gate.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Party swapping is fast and on the fly, you just bring up a menu, pick the character and off you go. No waiting for bullshit to load every time and prebuilding whole teams.
One of my major issues with GI.

Edit: lol again with the plant with 3 fruits like in ToF too. Another shameless ripoff, but they're not unwelcome.

Last edited:

Pejo

Edit: lol again with the plant with 3 fruits like in ToF too. Another shameless ripoff, but they're not unwelcome.
Yea even if it's not quite as good, i'm hoping more games become viable competitors to Genshin since I feel the reason it's gotten so lazy lately is because it's the only real contender in its space. WW/ToF succeeding to some degree would force them to at least keep trying with Genshin, which is a good thing.

crumbs

I've never played a gacha game before GI and, while I've enjoyed my time with it, I'm having a hard time imagining GI staying fresh for the 6+ year timeline they've laid out. I still look forward to exploring the new regions, but most of the events are feeling pretty stale. Story/lore has been decent, but it's hard to stay invested when there's big gaps between relevant story quests.

For the gacha veterans in this thread, do you have predictions on if/when MiHoYo would potentially add or tweak gameplay mechanics?

Pejo

I've never played a gacha game before GI and, while I've enjoyed my time with it, I'm having a hard time imagining GI staying fresh for the 6+ year timeline they've laid out. I still look forward to exploring the new regions, but most of the events are feeling pretty stale. Story/lore has been decent, but it's hard to stay invested when there's big gaps between relevant story quests.

For the gacha veterans in this thread, do you have predictions on if/when MiHoYo would potentially add or tweak gameplay mechanics?
Well, I played a ton of gachas over the years, and the particularly relevant Honkai Impact (MHY's other current big game). The truth is that it's hard to say. Some games stay basically the same throughout their life cycle, some change when new tech/ideas become available to spice up gameplay, some basically do a full on relaunch.

Usually relaunches only happen when a game is spiraling down the shitter to try to bring it back to profitability, so Genshin won't have that, IMO. As far as new tech/ideas, it's possible. Honkai Impact from 2018 until now is basically a different game. So they grew with it and added a ton of stuff, but it started out a much much smaller scale game than Genshin basically aping Bayonetta with anime girls.

Genshin on the other hand started out with a pretty big world and a fair amount of complexity, more than any other gacha I've played, so they don't really have a need to expand beyond what they're currently doing. I'm sure small mechanics like regional gadgets, puzzle gadgets etc will be introduced, but I doubt the basic formula of the game will ever change, especially with how much money the game's currently making. Not only that, the upcoming Honkai Star Rail (the JRPG turn-based spinoff), basically uses EVERY Genshin system from the constellations/pulling mechanics to the time gated 'resin' character building stuff, to the equipment/artifacts etc. So obviously they are proud of this formula and think that not only is it working well, but that it should be in all of their games.

The only things that I think could make Genshin move from its trajectory is a sudden loss of players/profit or other games overshadowing what they're doing, causing Genshin to look like a "lesser" product. Even with these new competitor games coming out, I still don't think any of them are good enough to topple Genshin, but more competition is always welcome. Also, there's definitely space for more than 1 game of this type to succeed. My hope is that one of them does succeed and eats into Genshin's market a bit, causing them to back and forth with each other, making better games for everyone. Tower of Fantasy is definitely not it, but Blue Protocol and Wuthering Waves remains to be seen. Since neither of the devs behind those two games have the cash to outdo Genshin, I expect more of a gradual improving game that gets better over time with new features/refinements.

Saber

Gold Member

On consoles, the game still very clunky to move through menus, events, quests...basically everything since the beta.
Their focus are probably not giving tweaks like that.

The only thing GI manages to do was make me dislike those types of game even more. Theres almost no interesting content for veterans, most events are mostly prymo beggars baits(which makes people participate only for primos) and the dialogues have being greatly deteriorate over the time. Theres aways this "looking foward" sensation to new regions but most of them fail to even provide a fun and entertaiment factor like Monstad or Liyue. Sumeru and Inazuma geostructure fail radically to provide me something to enjoy exploring, and instead is a place infested with clunky tranversal mechanics(which I believe they gonna insist so they can make huge redundant open worlds), time consuming puzzles that are better looking online rather than actually solve yourself and the famous "pop up" enemies that sudden appears every step you walk exploring. And as aways, new enemies tends to either use repetitive dumb mechanics(break X to stun or react Y to stun) or "immune to CC when they activate their bitch mode". The fact they create a new boss enemy that spends more time underground than attacking and still though it was a good idea to put it on Spyral, which is heavly gated by time, speaks alot about the actual situation of the game.

Last edited:

Pejo

New even stranger ways to leak characters is upon us.

May I present to you the 3.8 Inazuma character color palette.

u3gdfhc07aqa1.png

yidmo8zsj9qa1.jpg

So her hair accessory is one of these:
iu

She's outwardly bitchy like Sara Kujou

Her Kimono has these on it:
iu

Long side ponytail

And we're back to hosiery (thank goodness, diapers can fucking die)

New even stranger ways to leak characters is upon us.

May I present to you the 3.8 Inazuma character color palette.

u3gdfhc07aqa1.png
Dehya 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Seeing the shamisen is kinda cool though. I wish we'd gotten one of those monks wearing a basket and playing the shakuhachi.

DFP6tDLW0AABvTw.jpg

Fake

I said in my previous post, this new 4* electro from Inazuma is more like Sara cousin or sister.

The description seens a bit of Sara, but without the clothes from Shogun army.

Last edited:

Pejo

I said in my previous post, this new 4* electro from Inazuma is more like Sara cousin or sister.

The descriprion seens a bit of Sara, but without the clothes from Shogun army.
I picture her more like this but with a short kimono that shows her legs, and more of a wealthy stuck up air about her, also the ponytail more to the side.
OIP.ICxZ26eJ-Dyyy5TvLoN18AHaK9

Fake

I picture her more like this but with a short kimono that shows her legs, and more of a wealthy stuck up air about her, also the ponytail more to the side.
OIP.ICxZ26eJ-Dyyy5TvLoN18AHaK9

I can dream. I swear if she use kimono like that I'll give her the umbrela sword.

Is asking to much for a Sakura Wars design?

I can dream².

Last edited:

Fake

Baizhu - Beyond Mortality

Affiliation - Bubu Pharmacy

The owner of Bubu Pharmacy in Liyue. A white snake named Changsheng always rests on his shoulders. An extremely competent doctor, his true intentions, however, remain a mystery.

Kaveh

Affiliation - Independent Design Studio

A famous architect from Sumeru, excessively preoccupied with many things. Advocating aesthetics, he is troubled by reality.

Last edited:

Pejo

The owner of Bubu Pharmacy in Liyue. A white snake named Changsheng always rests on his shoulders. An extremely competent doctor, his true intentions, however, remain a mystery.

So that pretty much confirms he's related to (or is) Pantalone in some way.

iu

Fake

So that pretty much confirms he's related to (or is) Pantalone in some way.

iu

Either is him, aka alter ego, or a twin.

By his title, he is really fightning against death... maybe in the similar way that Qiqi, but not dead yet, maybe into terminal state.

crumbs

I don't get it.
It's the joke answer to who is posting all the mushroom jumping commissions in Sumeru.

Each region has some non-sensical commissions, but most of the commissions in Sumeru don't make much sense as actual tasks that someone would pay another person to complete: Mushroom bouncing, Whack-a-shroom, Follow the light, 3 card monte with the treasure weasel, etc.

The lamest commission is the guy building a ship in Sumeru City. Most of his commissions amount to moving stuff within a 15ft radius. No wonder you have money problems if you need to hire a super hero to move a couple small boxes.

Pejo

Just thinking... isn't it fun how we all hate this game, here? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I don't hate it, it's given me more hours of entertainment than any other game outside of Monster Hunter Rise and Elden Ring in the past few years, but the whole Dehya thing just fucking chafed my ass and ruined any goodwill I had for the game in one move.

But as long as banners keep doing well and active users remain high, nothing's going to change. At least there's no apologists or bootlickers in the thread.

Fuz

Banned
Right now, GI doesn't invoke a strong enough emotion from me to consider hating it. I'm more at the point of bland indifference, which might be worse for gacha game.
I don't hate it, it's given me more hours of entertainment than any other game outside of Monster Hunter Rise and Elden Ring in the past few years, but the whole Dehya thing just fucking chafed my ass and ruined any goodwill I had for the game in one move.

But as long as banners keep doing well and active users remain high, nothing's going to change. At least there's no apologists or bootlickers in the thread.
Spoilsports.

Saber

Gold Member
Just thinking... isn't it fun how we all hate this game, here? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I do but when I think about it, its just how much of cunt and deaf this devs are. I would be less critical if they made actual quality of life tweaks for the game and remove certain stupid ideas. But seems like they don't get their priorities straight and still relies on non-human factor for feedback. I bet if we all call them clowns on the survey site they would just create a clown themed character.

I believe they are lazy because of no-brain community, but we have to remember there was a time they lost more than 40% of playerbase, so theres probably a chance for them to panic. I don't like BotW but I can't deny this game is global hype either. And will probably do massive damage on GI. Maybe by then they start finally get their lazy asses moving out of desperation.

Last edited:
  • Strength

Pejo

I suspect the next "big" thing they'll do is raise level cap to 100 and give each character new passives at lv 100. It'd be a great way for them to "fix" characters that are pretty shit right now without doing individual buffs and balancing since it's pretty clear they do not want to ever do balance patches. I always expect them to announce big QoL changes or systemic changes at anniversaries, but so far they've shit in my face twice.

Fuz

Banned
It'd be a great way for them to "fix" characters that are pretty shit right now without doing individual buffs and balancing since it's pretty clear they do not want to ever do balance patches. I
Or fucking up them even more.

Fake

The fact that they nerf the only artifact people are trying to make Dehya good and buffing future bosses tell a story.

Is some of you ask the company you play the game to buff an enemy or a boss you fight?

Saber

Gold Member
In the meantime, I predict to be a very boring program. This new patch seems dry and lamish in content. But at least means its time for Fountaine.

Saber

Gold Member
What am i missing?

Anyways, artists rendition of new Inazuma character. Disappointing, basically a Sara Kujou/Raiden Shogun Jr.

dl0rjaefspqa1.png

The only thing that I dislike is the color pallete. Its pee yellowish. The design itself looks fine to me, but if she resembles anything closer to Sara in terms of appearance and personality I will put a middle finger and move on.

Fake

What am i missing?

Anyways, artists rendition of new Inazuma character. Disappointing, basically a Sara Kujou/Raiden Shogun Jr.

dl0rjaefspqa1.png

Looks good, but God forbidden women to have boobs, so they probably gonna put an armor or something.

Anw, if she a 4* sword I'll get her. Unless her kit is shit.

Top Bottom