• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

deanote666

What am i missing?

Anyways, artists rendition of new Inazuma character. Disappointing, basically a Sara Kujou/Raiden Shogun Jr.

dl0rjaefspqa1.png
Wild Seelie spotted in Liyue.

Pejo

So what the hell was the point of the currently running fungi event? I honestly think they'd have just beaten the challenges themselves without your input as long as you didn't pick poorly for the elements of the stage. I did stage 2 through 8 today in one sitting, what a fluff/nothing event this was. At least the other version of it put us in the actual fight instead of a mouse cursor.

It feels like all of the events have been pretty dialed in lately, even from Windblume (even though the event stories have been getting better). Hopefully this is because they're working on cool/interesting new stuff for Fontaine and them not just putting the game on maintenance mode because the average Genshin player IQ is in the single digits.

Fuz

Banned
So what the hell was the point of the currently running fungi event? I honestly think they'd have just beaten the challenges themselves without your input as long as you didn't pick poorly for the elements of the stage. I did stage 2 through 8 today in one sitting, what a fluff/nothing event this was. At least the other version of it put us in the actual fight instead of a mouse cursor.

It feels like all of the events have been pretty dialed in lately, even from Windblume (even though the event stories have been getting better). Hopefully this is because they're working on cool/interesting new stuff for Fontaine and them not just putting the game on maintenance mode because the average Genshin player IQ is in the single digits.
Imma gonna vote for "the event is too hard" in the survey.

Fake

Is just fucking stupid. People ask for the fungi rerun, including me, because is a lot of fun.

So, they listen the feedback and mix Fungi with that terrible tower minigame. What a bunch of dumbass.

Will be the second event at row I completely ignore.

No, but seriously now.
You people want these events to be actually hard and risk doing them twice?
I want events that build upon the game's strengths and that offer a fun challenge. We've gotten to the point where most of the events are overly simplistic and easy, but it doesn't have to be this way. I doubt anything will change though. Genshin tries to appeal to too many people, and many of them have the proficiency of a drooling toddler.

Saber

Gold Member
No, but seriously now.
You people want these events to be actually hard and risk doing them twice?

Not exactly. I want different and smart idea events.
The fungi was the first time they actually put an interesting event that doesn't include battling with your characters and trial ones, making use of buffs and facing random enemies.

We are talking about the same guys who keep spamming handicap repeated battles and stupid tower defense mechanics more than often. Nowadays though those events are basically brain dead, obviously focused on phone players.

Pejo

Not sure if you guys ever heard of Azur Lane, an anime tiddy focused gacha game with very little gameplay. They're in the process right now of getting Genshin'd by (in this case) a rival developer that's making a VERY similar game.

Basically they're spamming the morality council or whatever for the CCP that the game is too lascivious and they responded demanding that the devs remove things and censor other things.

Really wish this game was made in JP or KR instead of CN. It's insane that a system that abusable is in place and is actually very effective.

*edit*

Pretty good different style Kujou Sara art. Shame that a top tier design was wasted on such a failure of a character. She could have been Bennett 2.0 with just a few less restrictions on her kit.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: Fuz
Livestream codes:
9ARE6VLJT34H
KBRE7D4KA2MM
7S9X6V4JB2M9

New banners including 4 stars:
VYr3bmx.png

Happy with Nilou's banner, and she's even in phase 1! The 4 stars are looking good for me. Not sure if it's the same as was rumored some time ago. Most of them are not very strong characters but I still want their cons.

I haven't seen the rest yet.

Saber

Gold Member
Am I the only one to have Faruzan?
Shes isn't that much of big deal but shes cool to play in the overworld, specially with C1. Easy and fun to play.

BJK

Me: 2 new Dendro characters on the same patch? I don’t think I need either of them.

Also me: Guess I’m going to get Nilou…who needs Dendro reactions to function.

Was tempted by seeing Nilou’s and Nahida’s weapons on the same banner…until I looked at the Google spreadsheet and saw how limited their utility seems to be.

Is Ganyu worth trying for constellations with? She was my main dps for a long time, but she’s kinda great at C0, so I never felt tempted to build from there. (Will not try for Amos bow, since it’s part of the standard banner.)

Pejo

Me: 2 new Dendro characters on the same patch? I don’t think I need either of them.

Also me: Guess I’m going to get Nilou…who needs Dendro reactions to function.

Was tempted by seeing Nilou’s and Nahida’s weapons on the same banner…until I looked at the Google spreadsheet and saw how limited their utility seems to be.

Is Ganyu worth trying for constellations with? She was my main dps for a long time, but she’s kinda great at C0, so I never felt tempted to build from there. (Will not try for Amos bow, since it’s part of the standard banner.)
IMO the big bonus for Ganyu is her C4, which is quite an investment. it gets all of her QoL buffs up to that point, but C4 alone makes her very viable as a cryo applicating damage boost, effectively making her a strong off-field support.

If you don't care about that, C0 is fine.

It's funny, pretty much the entire draw for 3.6 is to make Nilou's team work. Most of the characters in the patch are essentially the best-in-slot for Nilou Bountiful Cores team.

Myself, I'm thinking of skipping the whole patch, but I might roll for C1 Nilou depending on how I feel about it.

I'm not watching that special program, anybody got any highlights, or is it basically "here's 2 'meh' events, and 3 or 4 more even less effort events, see you in 3.7!"

Reactions: BJK
I'm not watching that special program, anybody got any highlights, or is it basically "here's 2 'meh' events, and 3 or 4 more even less effort events, see you in 3.7!"
There's a new Nahida archon quest. The biggest event seems like a festival of sorts for Sumeru/Akademiya. There's a story aspect to it about a competition between the best leading academics
which Scara is gonna win..
. The second event has to do with the new area and a flying pet you get there. Lots of combat events this time which seem decent.

Which con is needed for Cookie?
C2 adds a couple of seconds to her heal, which is useful. C4 adds more electro application with a separate icd, allowing for more reactions and more damage. C6 revives her if she were to faint.

So my answer is: as many as you can get.

• Triggered

Fuz

Banned
C2 adds a couple of seconds to her heal, which is useful. C4 adds more electro application with a separate icd, allowing for more reactions and more damage. C6 revives her if she were to faint.

So my answer is: as many as you can get.
Mmm. I read this as "C0".

Mmm. I read this as "C0".
Depends on the circumstances I guess. If you're just trying to snipe the character without getting a 5 star, then yeah C0 is fine. IMO she's one of the stronger 4 stars in the game and her cons are pretty good, so they're worth getting.

deanote666

They really need to be more generous on the expiration times on those stream codes. I work long hours on Friday and they're already expired when I get to them.

Saw Amber in Paimon's shop but I was short on dust.

Did a yolo 10 pull on Shenhe's banner and she was the first character pop out (C2). Won 2 50/50 in a row so I'll lose the next 10. Got my Amber constellation (C5) though. Got Shenhe on pull 15 after getting Ayaka C2.

Last edited:

Fake

Watching the list of the new characters design from Fountaine over the GI leak reddit is so depressing.

Is so fucking bad.

Saber

Gold Member
Fountaine is going to be a disaster in terms of character designs.
Also Pejo Pejo good to know about that shit, fucking hate these retards obssession with that.

• Empathy

Fuz

Banned
Yep, twink with garter belts. Welcome to Fontaine.

So tonight since there's nothing to do in the game, I decided to start Faruzan's hangout. 6 or so dialogue choices in, I see "INAZUMA LIGHT NOVELS!". Immediately logged out and quit for the night. Fuck I hate their obsession with that shit.
I mean, it's their take on mangas.

Mangas destroyed our culture.

crumbs

Last month, I was up to 80 million mora & capped out the 3 star weapon exp material. Ended up going on spending spree by maxing most of my weapons.

Top Bottom