• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
Also why can't I disable "hold to enter chat"? Who thought this was a good idea? Thinking of uninstalling until they remove it and Sig becomes available. I only play this 4 to 5 times a month these days anyway.
Agree, it's also bugged as fuck: the last chat you had keeps reopening no matter how many times you close it, and you have to manually switch to talk with your current team. I end up spamming the poor guy a lot.

And remove the damn user ID from the screen and put it in a menu. Some of us have OLEDs.

Thought I was alone in hating it. I bloody hate cluttered UIs.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
0:57 with 2 Benny and 2 Razors
Anyway, I'm done with the event, bought everything. Enjoyed it, all things considered.

Top damage:
Ag0BMgY.png
tXaDc.gif
Nice!
Does any one know if they store those stats in the adventure log or anywhere else? I took a quick look through but didn’t see any listed.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It's implied Albedo isn't human through the dialogue and the fact his idle animation doesn't have him breathe at all unlike every other character. Dunno if you noticed that.

Probably why he's comfortable with the Traveler who isn't of the world we play in, Sucrose who is a halfbreed and Rosaria since if it's true she is supposed to be a Vampire Nun.

I don't think he really associates with anyone else.

Aenima

Why are people using Noelle? She's cute AF but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Noelle is super versatile in the game, plus its a free character.

I started using her cuz i wanted a healer that could deal good damage as well. Now i cant play without her, shes just too good with her shield, healing, massive claimore reach when using her special. She can defeat large groups of enemies just by herself and keeps healing the whole party.

This is what Noelle can do:

Magog.

Banned

I started using her cuz i wanted a healer that could deal good damage as well. Now i cant play without her, shes just too good with her shield, healing, massive claimore reach when using her special. She can defeat large groups of enemies just by herself and keeps healing the whole party.

Not to mention you need a character like her for mining/breaking things.

Last edited:
In case anyone is still looking for the 80th agate on map, you get it by feeding the foxes for 5 days. A chest will appear after you have fed them enough which contains the 80th agate.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
In case anyone is still looking for the 80th agate on map, you get it by feeding the foxes for 5 days. A chest will appear after you have fed them enough which contains the 80th agate.
Yeah I got 1 or 2 more days left I think. And then I'll cry when 0 of the Elite bosses drop any prototype weapon blueprints. >_>

My son was going to save his pity for the next banner but my daughter bumped into him as he was on the wish screen...He pulled Keqing.

Thank the good lord it wasn't Albedo. Little guy would have broken down. So now he's got Diluc + Keqing + C1 Bennett (and Zhongli). Not bad since we've only put $35 into that account.

crumbs

With the store reset, I bought a couple of both types of wishes with stardust. Ended up with Sucrose on the character banner and Diluc on the permanent banner (I've had a lot of luck with 5 stars on the perm banner for some reason).

With my character lineup, I'm more excited about Sucrose, who has been eluding me since the Klee banner. It will be easier to get her to a useable level as support, plus I finally have another anemo character other than the MC. I also have a good catalyst for her skillset.

Not sure what I'll do with Diluc. I've already invested in Keqing and Klee for DPS, so he may need to ride the bench for a awhile.

Fake

My son was going to save his pity for the next banner but my daughter bumped into him as he was on the wish screen...He pulled Keqing.

Thank the good lord it wasn't Albedo. Little guy would have broken down. So now he's got Diluc + Keqing + C1 Bennett (and Zhongli). Not bad since we've only put $35 into that account.

Indeed. She is strong as is popular, no to mention she is effect against the Oneanic boss.

Silvawuff

Spent some glitter to C6 my Fischl. Great decision.

My bugs for this third phase event boss was everything described here PLUS when I did finish it, I’d respawn under the world and fall to my death before getting to open the chest. I’d have to teleport and run back to it. I was playing Qiqi so maybe her height had something to do with it.
Finished it and bought everything. Never again.

Pejo

This semi-translated chart seems pretty helpful with common builds for characters. Preferred weapons are left to right, and the artifact sets just show number of pieces from each set to get the bonuses, the slots don't matter. I haven't really started farming artifacts yet, but when I do this will be handy. Click to make it bigger etc.

ph3QL0s.jpg

Jedge

I pulled the 5* sky sword. I don't think it has good effects but most seem to rate it as the 2nd best sword. Am I missing something?
5* weapons such as the skyward blade are a base 46 attack. Higher starting attack generally means the weapon gains more attack as it levels vs other bases.
The other recharge weapon swords include festering desire (42), favonius sword (41) and sacrificial sword (41).

Skyward blade at level 90 has a 608 base attack. Whereas the other swords are around 454-510
Essentially you're gaining 100+ base attack which is considerable given the games damage formula + modifiers

It's a great weapon for Jean / Bennett or potentially Xingqiu. I'd highly recommend you give it to bennett (C1) if you have him as it amplifies his ultimate very nicely.
Edit: the best sword (depending) in the game right now is Aquila Favonia given the pure raw base attack it gives vs other swords. Skyward blade and Favonia each have their purpose. Skyward is fantastic if you need energy recharge

Last edited:

Pejo

I pulled the 5* sky sword. I don't think it has good effects but most seem to rate it as the 2nd best sword. Am I missing something?
Sword or Claymore? Sword is great for the healers like Jean/Qiqi/Benny, Claymore is great for anyone other than Noelle.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member

Most of that video is the 5 star weapon (level 80 and gives 60% attack buff). Artifacts are all 5* but not ranked very high gladiator (Atk % buff as well).
Don’t get me wrong I love Noelle but that video is skewed toward the weapon, not her defensive options (all her specials scale on def).

Right now I have max geo artifacts in her (buff to shield strength) so essentially I never run out of her shield. It tanks so much damage that by the time it’s done my cool down is already up. My do’s is lower (on avg 400pts) but group survive ability is extremely strong.
Her defense is so good I can proc the shield and do elemental Reactions in domains that punish specific reactions and the shield just eats it all.

Her + Klee = party time

Last edited:

Pejo

Welp, looks like we're officially back to deadsville. This is exactly the reason I wish they'd have delayed the release of the "event' portion of the update until this week. Let people find all the agates and explore the new region, then drop the event so we have something to do instead of back to dead weeks. They could at least toss us a few resin moons once or twice a week.

I was heartbroken today, had a quest inside the cathedral at Mondstadt. Thought it was the one I needed from the fatui guy, but no. I had to go shopping for a present for some dude's wife. I tried to sabotage him just out of spite but the quest didn't let me. Wish I could have taken a dump in the box.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm just farming materials(Rosaria Prep) from the logbook every day and slowly farming for artifacts. Last week had terrible rolls but I've been getting good rolls this week.

x@3f*oo_e!

I'm just farming materials(Rosaria Prep) from the logbook every day and slowly farming for artifacts. Last week had terrible rolls but I've been getting good rolls this week.
Rosaria is going to be playable? She made my xmas I can tell you. holy shit. Almost got me over the ptds that is conversations with albedo

AlexxKidd

I was heartbroken today, had a quest inside the cathedral at Mondstadt. Thought it was the one I needed from the fatui guy, but no. I had to go shopping for a present for some dude's wife. I tried to sabotage him just out of spite but the quest didn't let me. Wish I could have taken a dump in the box.

I was close to AR50 by the time I got that quest. Now I never want to see it again because it took so fucking long to do for just a basic ass daily.

Fuz

Banned
Paimon narrating what we should be able to see it's pathetic.
"OH, NOW YOU'RE HOLDING THE SWORD!" "OH, NOW YOU'RE PUTTING THE ESSENCE IN A BOTTLE!"

Seriously mihoyo? With all the money you made you couldn't afford a few animations?

Pejo

Rosaria is going to be playable? She made my xmas I can tell you. holy shit. Almost got me over the ptds that is conversations with albedo
If the early design leaks can be believed, 4* Cryo spear user. If MHY's latest pattern continues to be followed, 5* Cryo spear user with no new 4*s on the banner. I sincerely hope they haven't given up on 4*s.
Paimon narrating what we should be able to see it's pathetic.
"OH, NOW YOU'RE HOLDING THE SWORD!" "OH, NOW YOU'RE PUTTING THE ESSENCE IN A BOTTLE!"

Seriously mihoyo? With all the money you made you couldn't afford a few animations?
Agreed. With their cash on hand they should easily be able to make a decent in-house mo-cap studio for cutscene animations so we don't get that, and the awkward "rotate clockwise slightly before walking forward" bullshit. The in-game animations don't even have the rotating crap and that makes it look like a cheap MMO.

x@3f*oo_e!

If the early design leaks can be believed, 4* Cryo spear user. If MHY's latest pattern continues to be followed, 5* Cryo spear user with no new 4*s on the banner. I sincerely hope they haven't given up on 4*s.
I 'd really like a cryo catalyst user - but that could be ok depending on her skills

Saber

Gold Member

At this point, with the money they're picking I wouldn't get my hopes. They could pretty much justify doing more 5-star characters by using more free content and events as an excuse. And if anything, they just need one 5 star character for a banner, the rest can be easly repeatable characters.

Pejo

At this point, with the money they're picking I wouldn't get my hopes. They could pretty much justify doing more 5-star characters by using more free content and events as an excuse. And if anything, they just need one 5 star character for a banner, the rest can be easly repeatable characters.
I don't think that will work for much longer though. Even whales have got to be sick of getting the same 4* weapons and duplicate characters. If they don't add some 4* to the pool, whales are going to stop pulling altogether because it becomes increasingly less gain per pull spent. So far it's only Albedo/Ganyu banners that don't have new 4*s, but I know for a fact that the content team is not the same group of people as the character creation team, so the new content shouldn't interfere at all with the characters and banners.

As a low-moderate spender that buys Welkin and battle pass, I already have a ton of constellations and almost all of the non-limited 5*s. I can't imagine what somebody's account looks like that throws mega $$$ into it. Every time i get another Barbara or Noelle now that I have them at C6, it hurts a little.

Saber

Gold Member
I don't think that will work for much longer though. Even whales have got to be sick of getting the same 4* weapons and duplicate characters. If they don't add some 4* to the pool, whales are going to stop pulling altogether because it becomes increasingly less gain per pull spent. So far it's only Albedo/Ganyu banners that don't have new 4*s, but I know for a fact that the content team is not the same group of people as the character creation team, so the new content shouldn't interfere at all with the characters and banners.

As a low-moderate spender that buys Welkin and battle pass, I already have a ton of constellations and almost all of the non-limited 5*s. I can't imagine what somebody's account looks like that throws mega $$$ into it. Every time i get another Barbara or Noelle now that I have them at C6, it hurts a little.

I believe yes. But I guess thats where the feedback come from. Once they realize people are really discontent with the game, they start moving around.
We do suggestions for some clear healthy improvements(and bugs) but those are easly ignored unless its a Zongli type of problem. Xynian still has the same bugs, even though I keep reporting over and over.

Also, this could still be a thing if they introduce like 1 or 2 4-star character among a bunch of 5-star ones.

Last edited:

Pejo

I believe yes. But I guess thats where the feedback come from. Once they realize people are really discontent with the game, they start moving around.
We do suggestions for some clear healthy improvements(and bugs) but those are easly ignored unless its a Zongli type of problem. Xynian still has the same bugs, even though I keep reporting over and over.

Also, this could still be a thing if they introduce like 1 or 2 4-star character among a bunch of 5-star ones.
Very true.

Speaking of which, it annoys me to no end that they still haven't fixed the Dvalin glitch where you fall through his neck if you swap characters while you're standing on him. I mean that's a basic function of the game and it makes the higher level Dvalin fights take so much longer than it has to.

Top Bottom