• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
I wish they voiced the warnings about 'break the whatever-crystals' before the plant does it's arena-nuke - I think I keep missing them because I'm just getting text at the bottom of the screen.

I wonder if it's voice in cn/jp ? Seems like paimon should say something.

Maybe there's some other indicator I'm missing. ?

really? I got a ton of mini-iceslimes that go down in a couple of hits. There were scarlet crystals everywhere -.. maybe they don't appear every fight?
Problem is that I kill it too fast and crystals spawn at fixed times/after killing adds. I wasted 5 tires trying to get all 10 hits before aoe were hitting. Ultimately I just took a step back and prolonged the fight to 5+ mins. Was very annoying.

Moochi

So, I dropped like 70 wishes on this banner and did not get a 5 star. Does my pity carry over to the next banner? This probably gets asked a lot, but I forget...

crumbs

I had my "Genius" moment during the first attempt at the new uber cryo regisvine fight. I'm in the bubble waiting out the AOE attack, but I need to piss, so I pause the game and take care of things. When I come back and un-pause, everyone is dead. I forgot that this fight, even when playing solo, treats it like a co-op match, so when you pause, the game keeps on going. :messenger_expressionless:

Dregnel

So, I dropped like 70 wishes on this banner and did not get a 5 star. Does my pity carry over to the next banner? This probably gets asked a lot, but I forget...
yeah just be be careful because between 70-90 if i'm not wrong there is a kind of soft pity where you rate is increased if you don't want albedo don't pull.

deanote666

Who the heck balanced this event?

First try was in co op. I was dead as soon as I loaded.

Tried in single player. Party wipe before stunning it once.

Saber

Gold Member
Who the heck balanced this event?

First try was in co op. I was dead as soon as I loaded.

Tried in single player. Party wipe before stunning it once.

In my case, the Regivine created a snowstorm while he is stunned(no animation). No alert, no shield, nothing lmao

Saber

Gold Member
Yup, can't complete this challenge anymore because of stun+snowstorm abuse. Gonna take a break from this.

Based. Girl can carry your glass cannons like there's no tomorrow. Amazing character that negates a lot of annoying mechanics of GI.

Yeah, I have her. Shes surprisingly good. This gonna be my first constelation with her though

Last edited:

Pejo

Co-Op version of the event is super buggy. I was in a group where the regisvine never stopped doing his AoE kill move despite him not spawning the crystals to hide inside. Also had one down to like 3% and then it just regenerated full health while we were standing in a crystal.

Fuz

Banned
I had one run where the regisvine didn't get up after the first add phase. Add just keep popping when we destroyed the barrier.

BlackM1st

Banned
Co-Op version of the event is super buggy.
Yeah the buggiest GI ever was. Can't believe it went through extensive play testing. Immortal tree and indestructible barrier visited my world like 5 or 6 times. Glad I'm done with the event. 2nd stage was the best IMO.

Pejo

Yeah the buggiest GI ever was. Can't believe it went through extensive play testing. Immortal tree and indestructible barrier visited my world like 5 or 6 times. Glad I'm done with the event. 2nd stage was the best IMO.
Agreed. I played 2nd stage with some friends and it was fast, fun, and a good time.

Saber

Gold Member
Co-Op version of the event is super buggy. I was in a group where the regisvine never stopped doing his AoE kill move despite him not spawning the crystals to hide inside. Also had one down to like 3% and then it just regenerated full health while we were standing in a crystal.

Mine is worst. He keep doing that with no warning while he was stunned and his snowstorm power dissiped. My entire party was wiped because not even the shield spawned.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
JZu3lEA.jpg

Asian store updated. New 4 stars and nice looking weapons. Unfortunately I'm broke as F for not rolling, so only rainbow bubbles for me ;(

Pejo

JZu3lEA.jpg

Asian store updated. New 4 stars and nice looking weapons. Unfortunately I'm broke as F for not rolling, so only rainbow bubbles for me ;(
Those are both good Constellation purchases, since most people will have already gotten the freebies of each. Something else I didn't realize until this pic, when you have a C6 4* character and get a dupe, it essentially pays for itself by giving you exactly 5 master starglitter, so you can go right back into this shop and purchase another wish. I've stopped buying characters altogether and either splurge all my master glitter on pink wishes or if there's ever a weapon I really want, I'd consider buying it.

Something else I didn't realize until this pic, when you have a C6 4* character and get a dupe, it essentially pays for itself by giving you exactly 5 master starglitter, so you can go right back into this shop and purchase another wish.
With as much as it takes to get star glitter, I don't think spending it is worth it for a constellation. Also, I see what you mean about paying for itself, but at the same time, it really doesn't. Four star drops usually take between 7 and 10 wishes, and paying for another wish with star glitter is very unlikely to lead to a different four star.

Reactions: Fuz

Saber

Gold Member
JZu3lEA.jpg

Both good for me, although Xingling constelation comes to priority to me. Extending her ult would be neat.

I wish they voiced the warnings about 'break the whatever-crystals' before the plant does it's arena-nuke - I think I keep missing them because I'm just getting text at the bottom of the screen.

I wonder if it's voice in cn/jp ? Seems like paimon should say something.

Maybe there's some other indicator I'm missing. ?

really? I got a ton of mini-iceslimes that go down in a couple of hits. There were scarlet crystals everywhere -.. maybe they don't appear every fight?
There's a warning at the top of the screen that says to destroy the thingy for the shield when they show up. And also when the boss is about to do the big attack.

And yes, I also had no issue with the 10 Scarlet Crystal Challenge, even on WL7. Got it on my first run without even knowing it was a challenge lol

BlackM1st

Banned
Got it on my first run without even knowing it was a challenge lol
Maybe it's easier that way. I was wasting my time trying to get all 3 initial crystals every time and didn't had enough time to run away to the safe bubble. In the end I said fuck it and made it slowly, with only 1 crystal each time. Took insanely long compared to simply killing it with fire.

x@3f*oo_e!

There's a warning at the top of the screen that says to destroy the thingy for the shield when they show up. And also when the boss is about to do the big attack.

And yes, I also had no issue with the 10 Scarlet Crystal Challenge, even on WL7. Got it on my first run without even knowing it was a challenge lol
There's a little blue marker as well if it's on screen. But I mostly just learned it does 3 in a row after recovering from having it's pod destroyed. Thing is pretty much dead for me now.

The sword is nice. Straight crit on skill is a very pleasant change from "boost X by 2% when Y only lasts 5 seconds, can only occur every 20 seconds" that every other 4* weapons seems to have

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
My coop record is 1:45. Klee, Electric cat, QiQi and any other fire character. QiQi keeping us alive while we kill 50% of tree in the initial attack. Klee is always #1 DMG.

Easy. But without good healing it can be an annoying boss. Especially with idiotic spawning. Why would you load a new coop player right into a boss attack MiHo? D:

Also, fuck that challenge with 10 hits with Scarlet crystals.
1:06 with 2 Noelles, 1 ben, 1 Klee. Shields ftw (co-op two player)

BlackM1st

Banned
Only Xiangling users know this feeling:

6vyenryrfk861.jpg
Yeah, seriously, sometimes I feel like playing "angry video game nerd" episode with enemies that can't be hurt with your normal attacks. Especially those pesky radish like slimes. Thanks God for Klee's charged attack. Klee was made for the new event and its constant bonfires setups. GI needs more Klee like characters. Or better balanced skills on other heroes. It boggles my mind why Ning can't kill a fucking boar. She shoots all around except at the target with her so called homing missiles. 🤔

Pejo

Yeah, seriously, sometimes I feel like playing "angry video game nerd" episode with enemies that can't be hurt with your normal attacks. Especially those pesky radish like slimes. Thanks God for Klee's charged attack. Klee was made for the new event and its constant bonfires setups. GI needs more Klee like characters. Or better balanced skills on other heroes. It boggles my mind why Ning can't kill a fucking boar. She shoots all around except at the target with her so called homing missiles. 🤔
yea the game picks and chooses what it considers targets based on some equation I haven't figured out. I had to move Fischl out of my Fire party because Oz for whatever reason will target a burning torch and attack it and put it out, but Gouba won't target one to set it on fire.

Pejo

I've been running the event exclusively as Jean because so many people are dying without a healer, but I'm getting lame rewards like "broke the most crystals" or "picked up the most ore". Ah well, it makes things move much smoother, who cares about momentary rewards.

Aenima

Don't make the high damage score using either Klee or Dillic is bizzare.
Klee does crazy damage in this event, but the portrait at the end is the player profile picture, dosent mean they used that character.
Completed the envent only using Noelle, i love how freaking tank she is and help on healing so I dont even bother dodging some of the AOE attacks. My Noelle also has so much HP that she can survide the AOE blizzard outside the bubble shield and dont die if she had the HP full before.

This event was great in geral, no need to use resin and lots of nice rewards. Managed to hord 29k primogems, next banner with a good waifu will be garantee to get her. Too many husbando banners so far.

deanote666

I used Zhongli during the last part of the event. Them shields. C2 so my party appreciated it.

Managed to get enough good parties to clear the event, shop. Had 1 where the shield was bugged, couldn't lower it.

F that co op already dead when it loads BS.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I've been running the event exclusively as Jean because so many people are dying without a healer, but I'm getting lame rewards like "broke the most crystals" or "picked up the most ore". Ah well, it makes things move much smoother, who cares about momentary rewards.
Yeah, healers are true MVP and I always thank my tanks and healers. Maybe some ppl don't appreciate support, but I'm coming from FF14 online/Overwatch and I know that my kewl DPS can't do shit without "boring" supports. QiQi player carried me through the 90% of the 3rd phase and I couldn't be happier with it.

Aenima

LOLWUT ? Crazy xD
Not on this event, since the game launched. I'm 100% F2P, the only pulls i did are from free wishes, havent spent any primogems since i started playing the game, so already have 29k horded. Been waiting for a decent waifu to appear on the banners, but so far only husbandos and klee. Do not want!
Pulled Zhongli with 10 free wishes and i dont use it on my team because i rather use my good spear on my Xiangling :D

Aenima

Ah, I see now...

Twilight Zone Getting Weird GIF by MOODMAN
Nah, its team chemistry. I dont need another Geo user on my team when Noelle is fixed in my team, shes just too good to be replaced because i use her to tank, to heal, to break geo shields, to deal crazy amount of damage with her especial, and to mine ore.

I need Xiangling fire to work with my Fischl thunder for massive damage. My Xiangling is also my strongest DPS with 2k attack and shes far from being full evolved.

I beated all the game content only with 4 star character without strugling. Thers no point in spending resorses in a 5 star char if hes not usefull for my team composition. Resorces are precious especially when u are free 2 play. So i rather save my evolution resorces to a 5 star character that will fit my team better.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Why are people using Noelle? She's cute AF but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Also why can't I disable "hold to enter chat"? Who thought this was a good idea? Thinking of uninstalling until they remove it and Sig becomes available. I only play this 4 to 5 times a month these days anyway.

Reactions: Fuz

Magog.

Banned
Too many of the event/high level quest givers are aloof. I'm playing a game I don't want to be hanging out with people who act like they're bored of the world.

Top Bottom